• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fight for your Friends! – A Montreal Tournament, August 23rd, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

r X

Smash Rookie
so is there still no official thread? what I care most about is the cost because I don't even own a wii (and I never played melee) so I will certainly not be winning the tourney, but I love the game and I want to have some fun/play with people who are better than me (most of my friends suck even though they own the game/played melee) but at the same time I don't really want to spend $20 to get pwned.

p.s. i hear there are brawl nights at gamer's world on wednesdays...is this true?

kr3wman

Smash Master
so is there still no official thread? what I care most about is the cost because I don't even own a wii (and I never played melee) so I will certainly not be winning the tourney, but I love the game and I want to have some fun/play with people who are better than me (most of my friends suck even though they own the game/played melee) but at the same time I don't really want to spend $20 to get pwned.

p.s. i hear there are brawl nights at gamer's world on wednesdays...is this true?
OF course it's true, look here : http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=90446

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace

I call hoax on the whole thing.

Divinokage

Smash Legend

Hey r X,

I think a solid 3 out of 4 of us do not expect to win anything, but the reason we enter tournaments is because everyone plays better when something is on the line, especially money. The cost for singles will be 15$ and doubles $20 (10 per person), unless we get some sort of food deal going. We are treating this as a competitive event, and if you wish to see how well you fare against other players when they are actually trying, I suggest you enter.

There is nothing stopping you from coming just to play friendlies, but you have to realize that by doing so you would be hindering the tournament a great deal. Friendlies are what slow tournaments down and hordes of people coming for that is definitely undesirable, especially since we are spending a lot of time and money to make this thing happen.

Yes there are weeklies at Gamers World, thanks for the source kr3wman.

-ThatGuy

zaf

Smash Lord
as i was reading the post by "divinokage" i was like holy ****, the warrior is speaking like a true warrior. then i got to the bottom and saw joel hijacking accounts again.

i teared

Divinokage

Smash Legend
as i was reading the post by "divinokage" i was like holy ****, the warrior is speaking like a true warrior. then i got to the bottom and saw joel hijacking accounts again.

i teared
Lol a true warrior.. please.. only the warrior himself can speak like a true warrior.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Sign me up for singles, sign me up for doubles with Kirt
Team names:TEFY(tournament ends for you)

EDIT: SBR RULES ARE OUT! Use them!

r X

Smash Rookie
Hey r X,

I think a solid 3 out of 4 of us do not expect to win anything, but the reason we enter tournaments is because everyone plays better when something is on the line, especially money. The cost for singles will be 15$ and doubles $20 (10 per person), unless we get some sort of food deal going. We are treating this as a competitive event, and if you wish to see how well you fare against other players when they are actually trying, I suggest you enter.

There is nothing stopping you from coming just to play friendlies, but you have to realize that by doing so you would be hindering the tournament a great deal. Friendlies are what slow tournaments down and hordes of people coming for that is definitely undesirable, especially since we are spending a lot of time and money to make this thing happen.

Yes there are weeklies at Gamers World, thanks for the source kr3wman.

-ThatGuy
Don't worry I am going to end up paying, I have a few friends who are coming out and it will be fun to play serious matches with them

p.s. is there anywhere in montreal to get cheap gamecube controllers ?

kr3wman

Smash Master
Don't worry I am going to end up paying, I have a few friends who are coming out and it will be fun to play serious matches with them

p.s. is there anywhere in montreal to get cheap gamecube controllers ?
the internet.

Pound Cake

Smash Apprentice
Don't get 3rd-party GCN controllers, they fail within a week or so.

I snagged the last Nintendo GCN at three stores a few weeks ago.

On another note, I might be able to convince my brother to come. I'll be paying for his entrance (singles). He's pretty good in my opinion, just inexperienced.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!

lol melee has nothing to do with brawl

WERE-Wolf

Smash Apprentice
*System failiure 333*

I have red the entire thread but it seems that some questions are still un-answered.

I know there will be an official thread but i kinda want to start practicing now. Do you already know what will be the rules/ details?

I go to gamer's world once a week and they told me there were going to ban 1 or 2 characters... is this true?

Anyways, here are my interrogations :
- How will the matches work? 3 stock?
- To eliminate someone, is it 1 or 3 matches?
- What will be the official stage?
- How much televisions / Wii will there be available at the tournament?
- Do you prefer eating cheese with grapes or apples?

Thanks for your time.

System Failure 333

Smash Apprentice
*System failiure 333*

I have red the entire thread but it seems that some questions are still un-answered.

I know there will be an official thread but i kinda want to start practicing now. Do you already know what will be the rules/ details?

I go to gamer's world once a week and they told me there were going to ban 1 or 2 characters... is this true?

Anyways, here are my interrogations :
- How will the matches work? 3 stock?
- To eliminate someone, is it 1 or 3 matches?
- What will be the official stage?
- How much televisions / Wii will there be available at the tournament?
- Do you prefer eating cheese with grapes or apples?

Thanks for your time.
The time has come to answer all those questions:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=5106585#post5106585

Hence, nobody should have to ever write in this thread anymore!! THE FIGHT IS ON!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom