• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FIFA World Cup 2010

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
ahh dam south korea... so close to victory. i thought that cross in the last 5 would make things equal. ah well. next game is at 4am over here. Cant wait!

Jane

Smash Hero
aww poor s korea. i was pretty neutral towards the two teams. well actually i favored s korea just because south korea is a ****ing awesome country. :(

i hope ghana wins, i love my country and all that but, i want an african country to beat us. just for the lulz

Vibe219

Smash Apprentice
My predicition for USA vs Ghana: USA 1, Ghana 0. Go more in depth I think the two teams will be scoreless for a while, and USA would sneak one in later in the game. Wow, I might be so off :p

Uncle Meat

Smash Champion
Herr me out, but I really do think Germany will beat England. 2 - 1 is my prediction. Hei'll laugh if anybody puts this in their sieg.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Wow... the refs really do suck this World Cup. Ghana has done a million fouls and the stupid ******* hasn't called even half of them :ohwell:

Wrath`

Smash Master
The refs must have something against the U.S.,but at least we got the penalty foul that tied the game up. hope we can get another goal soon.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
My prediction was 3-1 :ohwell: it was super close to being that too from time to time
hater
ahh dam south korea... so close to victory. i thought that cross in the last 5 would make things equal. ah well. next game is at 4am over here. Cant wait!
I know! It was a tight game! S.Korea had so many chances to score T_T they had that one free kick 3 minutes...but i guess they don't have honda on their team =p

and then in the second half...they had 2 chances when they went one on one with the goalie but choked >_>
aww poor s korea. i was pretty neutral towards the two teams. well actually i favored s korea just because south korea is a ****ing awesome country. :(
you are amazing

Vibe219

Smash Apprentice
Is it just me or was Ghana playing extremely foul? Why did they have to act like that after getting their goal? It really took away from their win in my eyes.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
The US really shouldn't have lost

Even though I really don't favor them, they really deserved to win. ****ing Ghanans played horribly and that ******* ref didn't call almost no fouls against them.

They play too dirty. Bunch of ***** is what that team is

M.K

Level 55
The US really shouldn't have lost

Even though I really don't favor them, they really deserved to win. ****ing Ghanans played horribly and that ******* ref didn't call almost no fouls against them.

They play too dirty. Bunch of ***** is what that team is
I disagree.
The US had multiple, multiple opportunities to score in the late game. They had so many corner kicks to the center that it was appalling how many they didn't even touch.
The Ghana players were able to swat the ball away very easily and it was annoying to watch the US struggle so hard.

Stop letting your nationalism get in the way of facts, roacherman. You're being incredibly naive, and nobody will take you seriously. I live in the US too and watched all 120 minutes, and I believe they still deserved to lose.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
**** yeah Asamoah Gyan.

Go go Ghana.

Also roacherman, you don't deserve to win if you don't put away your chances. If you can't score, you don't deserve to win. Ghana had that killer finish that the Americans lacked, and that's all that really matters.

So USA go out WOO

Gtfo the World Cup.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
The ones who can capitalize on thier chances is the better team. The best team won, that's true. I just didn't like how Ghana tried to run the clock by faking injuries and such in the extra times.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
At least it was a pretty good game.

Roach what are you talking about? Ghana played really well. Yeah they stalled at the end and stuff, but any other team would have done the same thing in that position.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I don't get what is up with the blatant hate for the U.S.'s team, they played very well and did their best, we want this sport to progress further in this country, yet our own citizens will criticize us for anything, geeze.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
That's pretty Mexico's everyday story....
I really hope they win against Argentina tomorrow.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I just didn't like how Ghana tried to run the clock by faking injuries and such in the extra times.
USA would've done the same if they were in that position. It's standard practice because quite frankly, winning at the World Cup with a bit of cheap play is way preferable to being a TRUE SPORTSMAN and risking it. Everyone just hates it when it gets used against them but scream for their players to waste time when they're ahead.

I don't get what is up with the blatant hate for the U.S.'s team, they played very well and did their best, we want this sport to progress further in this country, yet our own citizens will criticize us for anything, geeze.
It's because the USA shouldn't be playing a sport that they don't even call by its proper name.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I would hope you are joking.
Hope England loses so we can all call them out for not playing properly.

No I'm not joking.

Americans have no place in top level football.

As for the English, they're not stellar and don't deserve to win the competition so I don't care if they do badly.

Although they have to beat the Germans because I hate the Germans.

Wrath`

Smash Master
No I'm not joking.

As for the English, they're not stellar and don't deserve to win the competition so I don't care if they do badly.

To say a team has no place in a sport's top is ignorant hate. By your logic every non top team should just quit football forver and stop wasting time. (Wich I predict you will agree fully 100%)

If a team puts up a good effort and provides a good game they should not be looked down upon, look how far the U.S has come over the past WCs, they will be "top level" and you will have to deal with it.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
To say a team has no place in a sport's top is ignorant hate. By your logic every non top team should just quit football forver and stop wasting time. (Wich I predict you will agree fully 100%)

If a team puts up a good effort and provides a good game they should not be looked down upon, look how far the U.S has come over the past WCs, they will be "top level" and you will have to deal with it.
No, because the rest of the world has nationwide passion for the game, and doesn't create another game and call it football and rename the original soccer.

Old grudge man, it'll never die.

D

Deleted member

Dunk, S2J, Mango and I went to a sports bar and the place was quiet at the end of the game! Mango is so sad right now . . .

-Atlus

M.K

Level 55
To put it bluntly, nobody in the USA is as devestated by the USA World Cup loss as they would be for an (American) football Super Bowl loss, or any other sport that is more blatantly forced down our throats.

The World Cup is only interesting to Americans because we never watch football/soccer/whatever on TV. Ever.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
No I'm not joking.

Sorry, but you do realize the U.S. place 3rd in the 1st World Cup right? You know, the one where england thought they were to good to play in.

And if a team can be good enough to qualify for the World Cup, then they deserve to possibly be in the ranks of the best teams.

I agree that it should not have been renamed soccer btw, that pisses me off.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Sorry, but you do realize the U.S. place 3rd in the 1st World Cup right? You know, the one where england thought they were to good to play in.

And if a team can be good enough to qualify for the World Cup, then they deserve to possibly be in the ranks of the best teams.

That's true. We shouldn't judge a whole nation due to one idiot who desided to overlap a name for a sport.

Edit: L, thank's for enlightening me!

Tamoo

Smash Master
I actually found the americans very 'easy on the eye' to watch, as much as i wanted them to lose.

And by my reckoning, if my scores actually went through as scores and not dates and we are going on full time scores rather than include extra time, then i may have netted quite a lot of points today :)

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988

Uruguay won the first two world cups, and America was a faaar different place in the 30s. Plus, the pool for the first world cup was tiny.

Second of all, America's world cup qualification is not really that much of a challenge, I mean, OH NO HONDURAS AND CANADA.

Just sayin'

Also lol @ Guus, see this is what Americans don't get from not watching enough major competitions. **** like that happens ALL the time, and personally I though Ghana's time wasting was tame.

L__

Smash Master
Soccer's etymology is not American but British. It comes from an abbreviation for Association Football, the official name of the sport (for those of you who have never heard the team "Association Football" before, it was named after the Football Association, which still governs English soccer, to differentiate itself from the other major type of football, Rugby Football, which was named after the Rugby School. FIFA, the world governing body of soccer, is French for the International Federation of Association Football… F-I-F-A). For obvious reasons, in the 1880s and 1890s, English newspapers couldn't use the first three letters of Association as an abbreviation in their pages, so they took the next syllable, S-O-C. With the British penchant for adding "-er" at the end of words: punter, footballer, copper, and, of course, nicknaming rugby, "rugger," the word "soccer" was soon born, over a hundred years ago, here in England, the home of soccer. We adopted it and kept using it because we have our own indigenous sport that we call football.
source: http://www.usembassy.org.uk/rss/transcripts/worldcup2006a.html

Top Bottom