• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

DUB

Smash Lord
I just found out some boards are doing 5v5 character crew battles at APEX. That seems kinda cool. 5 Foxs vs 5 Wolfs or something:awesome:

Jet300

Smash Ace
Hey, is anyone going to apex. And i helped made a song, it's called bodi be. The website it's on is sound cloud.com. I only made the beats for the song. Hope y'all like the song.

:phone:

M@v

Subarashii!
^that. I'd be willing to play though if we had enough. Fox isn't my main guy nowadays, but he's not out of practice either :3

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
^that. I'd be willing to play though if we had enough. Fox isn't my main guy nowadays, but he's not out of practice either :3
So far I know 3 (maybe 4) Fox mains will be at Apex (including myself). I'm sure there will be some rookie Fox mains in the tourney as well.

(Especially if a lot of black people are around.)

Fox is just too cool.

M@v

Subarashii!
I'm a white fox and falco player.

I am the 1%

@ Aero. He's definitely viable in tourneys, but your going to need a secondary if you decide to use him. Falco is a better choice overall, especially since their mu charts are similar. Although Fox and Falco win and lose a lot of the same matchups, falco wins a fair amount of them harder than fox, if you get the idea.

Quick pros/cons about fox

Pros:
-Speed
-Combo ability, one of the best at it
-Kill power. Has the easiest time killing of all 3 spacies plus has one of the best kill moves in the game
-Great recovery
-Quick moves allow fast punishes.

Cons:
-Light/dies early
-Lack of a good approach. He has OK ones, but nothing thats as good as top tier characters.
-Semi-Difficult to pick up. He's not the easiest to learn. Gotta know when to camp, when to aggro, and be able to react very quickly to opponents. One of fox's best strengths is to quickly react and punish opponents for spot dodges/rolls/etc. Example: A lot of times you can punish rolls with an upsmash. Falco is too slow to do that.

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
Hey Zeton whats good. You, MJG, and Domo are allowed to stay with us at Apex =] we have an apartment on the campus for free.
Nice! I'll let Domo and MJG know and see what they think. We still need housing so we will probably take this offer.

Udpate: I talked with Domo and he had no issues or complaints so count us in. I'm going to be arriving in NJ around noon on Thursday though, Will have have to find a hotel room for a night?

M@v

Subarashii!
cash, steelers football, and a 2nd tempur pedic pillow. I've have one that's shaped like a regular pillow for a few years now, but the one I just got is one of the neck support ones that'll help me out with some back alignment/lower back pain.

My family has a history of bad back posture.

Also, I got to use an ipad for more than 10 seconds for the first time today. I'm an IT major so i want to use all the fancy gadgets out there. I was impressed, although my only problem with it is even the newest ipads aren't 4g, and some android tablets are >_>

TKD

Smash Lord
I wanna pick up Fox. I like him as a character.

y/n?

*awaits biased answers*
Fox is even with pretty much every high tier character. He's countered by two characters, so I'd play Fox along with other chars. A skilled Fox player will be skilled as at least one other char, which is pretty scary. His upside is that he's the least campable character in the game. This means that no other character in the whole game can approach like he can. You can have shorter matches without disadvantage to an even greater degree than Meta Knight can.

I don't think there's a better choice than Fox if you like him. Because in my opinion, whichever good character you like playing the most is the best for you. MK's better than all of them, but he'll be banned by Jan 9th. Too bad; mine was pretty good.

Fox moves kind of like this. http://youtu.be/YcQiigayPnQ
If you don't like that, don't play him. He can DO much more, but his movement looks like that.

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
I wanna pick up Fox. I like him as a character.

y/n?

*awaits biased answers*
In my opinion people should play the characters they like let alone how they want to. There isn't no solid way of doing things in the games people play, let alone in the world in general. Yes, there is basic meta game knowledge etc, but it's the small gimmicks fueled by the emotions of the players that change the tides in a lot of matches. Especially in Brawl. That's where most discoveries or turn around knowledge in meta game and match ups usually unfold.

Be yourself, play how you want to, and don't let others be the judge of your own actions.

So yeah, pick up Fox if you want to. :cool:

That's just my thoughts anyway.

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
Bait his bucket with single laser, punsih with usmash. if his bucket is full, laser him and jump and run away. full hop is amazing at punishing his approaches. grab a lot.

That´s it, actually really easy.
Very...2- Dimensional ...

knuckles213

Smash Ace
Bait his bucket with single laser, punsih with usmash. if his bucket is full, laser him and jump and run away. full hop is amazing at punishing his approaches. grab a lot.

That´s it, actually really easy.
what can you do with a full hop other than Dair or whiffed Bair?

what about his Bair, is there a way to get through it instead of just shielding/powershield ing it.

Very...2- Dimensional ...
lol,

I still cant preform that pivot punch, whats the imput? plus I tried your controls, its kind of difficult to adjust to as far and your jump button set R.

also I starting to see a pattern, I'm starting to get pair up with Bad MU like you lol

crifer

Smash Lord
what can you do with a full hop other than Dair or whiffed Bair?

what about his Bair, is there a way to get through it instead of just shielding/powershield ing it.
Full jump lets you often get away and above him. If he does a sh bair or fair you usually are above him and can simply dair him safely and beat his aerial from above. It´s an amazing way to counter a lot of approaches, also against mk.

I usually shield it or avoid it like stated above. If I shield the bair and he miss spaces it I go for dash attack, grab or usmash...but that will only rarely work against a good GaW. You also can shield, take no damage and then laser him. win :D

M@v

Subarashii!
Anyone hear of any of these players? This is my first round pool:

Fatal
LEFFEN
M@v
BPOW
Luigi Sama

From what I've gathered:

Fatal: I know him obviously

Me: I know myself obviously

LEFFEN: Swedish Melee yoshi in the MBR. Plays Falco and MK in Brawl. Used to play brawl a lot more, but apparently has come back and recently won a tourney in Sweden. Shoutout to King Funk for this info.

BPOW: MW Wario player. I hear he's fairly decent. Shugo thinks he's roughly Blue Rogue level. Coney thinks he's so-so, and a crew mate of mine thinks he's worse than his wario, but still not bad.

Luigi Sama: No clue. Luigi? Or would that be too obvious?

If you know anything about the above players I got wrong, or additional info, speak up!

In doubles, I'm facing inui and izumi first. I'm fully aware of who both of them are, and I'm really looking forward to that 2v2 set

Kuares

Pizza
I play Bpow on a regular occasion as he's an Iowa player. I'd say he's pretty good. He's got the whole, jump around in the air part and don't get hit. As well as those tire combos down. He also has an MK, but then again you've probably played better ones.

He's got a few bad habits that I've picked up on, like always using fart right around the 2.5-3 minute point and he will Fsmash when you're at high percents.

That's what sticks out to me.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
What does Fatal play? Otherwise, it sounds like you have some fair matchups ahead of you, characterwise.

M@v

Subarashii!
I'm mainly going Falco at this, but Fox and Falco's mu's are quite similar.

Fatal is definitely the 1 seed in the pool; best in New England and one of the top snake players.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
they're not, silly.

>implying girls with anime personalities actually exist

Top Bottom