• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Ha, so was that one of the reasons you decided to pick up fox?

I know for the 3ds Starfox, Nintendo is having a contest for "A real life fighter pilot experience" and that's apparently going to be done with the USAF. Know anything about that?
haha that WOULD be a legit reason, but that's not why... I never thought about that either. O_o And no I haven't heard about that pilot experience thing at all lol that's pretty awesome

Also I played some games online with Megafox. I wish I could play him more often. I felt like I improved a lot playing friendlies with him. He makes you think. D:

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
UZI MY FRIEND! DOES Dair>double jab> shine> DA or Usmash really connect? And does usmash need to be a DACUS? would a BDACUS reach?
SORTA!

if you are gawd dayum perfect timing and spacing, you can get that most of the time on most characters.

a DUCAS is extreamly prefered to get that up-smash to connect.

you can do it semi regularly if they **** DI and you manage a frame trap out of it.

Kuares

Pizza
Also I played some games online with Megafox. I wish I could play him more often. I felt like I improved a lot playing friendlies with him. He makes you think. D:
Ha lucky, I saw him on freeplay sometimes but if the chat was to be believed, he was playing teams.

I've got one player like that who plays Snake here. Gotta be smart in all my approaches and dodge the grenades and stuff which is fun.

But then I got another player who just plays a patterned Wario and then I can't think because I have to play everything so reactionary and that's not so much because it feels more like a task than a game.

Sort of, if you're god damn perfect with timing and spacing, you can get it on most characters usually.

Dacus is extremely preferred for the up-smash to connect.

You can do it semi regularly if they **** up DI and you manage a frame trap out of it.
Fixed more so than not.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Ha lucky, I saw him on freeplay sometimes but if the chat was to be believed, he was playing teams.

I've got one player like that who plays Snake here. Gotta be smart in all my approaches and dodge the grenades and stuff which is fun.

But then I got another player who just plays a patterned Wario and then I can't think because I have to play everything so reactionary and that's not so much because it feels more like a task than a game.
Oh yea I love playing Snakes a lot. They're technical fights and those give me a happy.

I get kinda annoyed with Wario though cause people I play aerial all day every day, and I can't breath! Especially online. D:

Kuares

Pizza
Having to face m2k 2nd match of a tourney is fun stuff.
Well how else are you going to be like Nakat and get him down to one stock?

Oh yea I love playing Snakes a lot. They're technical fights and those give me a happy.

I get kinda annoyed with Wario though cause people I play aerial all day every day, and I can't breath! Especially online. D:
Well the Snake player here said he has to think faster when fighting my Fox because things can happen so quickly in that match-up. I like doing shine in this match-up too because if you get ontop of Snake, you can shine his shield and not get grabbed and if you powershine grenades closebye he'll get damaged and not you. That and reflected grenades have ridiculous knockback.

I've learned to deal with the aerial bit of Wario some(Shorthop Fair) but it's the spotdodge->Fsmash thing that gets me flustered. Such a terrible tactic.

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Sup! How ya been?

Okay so I have two things for ya guys.

1. To prove how good I am at Donkey Kong Country. You might learn something. (Or if you like hearing my voice that's cool too.)

2. For you technology-adept people out there (SCOTU) I am experiencing a very big problem with my Lexar USB drive. I can no longer access the files on it.

So, the device is still recognized under device manager, and when I uninstalled the driver my computer detected the hardware as a USB Lexar device and attempted to re-install the appropriate driver. However, this failed and now recognizes the device as a generic "Disk drive".

Notice how I can still see the device under "Devices and Printers" but can not access the files as the option to access the disc is non-apparent. The files on the drive are not hidden and are very important to finishing a project for my job.
If anyone could suggest a good recovery program or a way to fix this in general I would be very appreciative. Best Buy said it was an interface issue or something but offered no way to help.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Couple questions: Since it recognizes it as a generic disk drive, if you go to My Computer, does it show up there reporting that it's an empty drive with significantly less space that should be available? I have had something similar only happen once to me, and the aforementioned condition was present. The solution to that was to just use a different usb port on the same computer (I guess it was a problem with my USB host controller driver). Have you tried it on multiple computers? It could just be a problem with one computer or the drive. Have you tried it on a computer that you know you have administrator privileges on (such as your home computer)? The driver installation might have failed due to insufficient privileges. I don't think I can help anymore without further leads, sorry.

On a brighter side, alt+print screen can save you some effort next time.

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Thanks for taking an interest SCOTU. Unfortunately, the device does not show up at all under My Computer. I thought it might be the USB port I was using as well, but changing ports made no difference. The problem started on my personal computer, which I always have administrative rights on. I have tried it on multiple computers, and both the Windows 7 OS and Mac OSX as well, with no difference. The drive fails to appear in the conventional sense, disallowing me access to any and all files :(.

Maybe as a new hint, my drive was working perfectly immediately before it failed. As in, I plugged it into my computer, it was recognized perfectly, and then IT happened:

Windows asked me if I wanted to do some scan for corrupt segments or malicious files or whatever (this was the generic scan, not a part of my anti-virus) and I turned to other things less important at the time. When I came back the scan was supposedly done, but left my drive in this unusable state. Does that help at all?

P.S. - Thanks for the screen tip :D.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Was that scan something findable under disk utilities or in MSE? If you can find that scan in the disk utils, that probably just means that the device doesn't work anymore, if it's a Microsoft Security Essentials scan, idfk what it did lol.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Honestly, if it doesn't work anymore, I don't think there's any consumer-level means of recovering the data. I wouldn't know about forensic-level stuff that might be able to, though.

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Well, what confuses me is what about it doesn't work anymore... If it's true it doesn't work.

So, guys. I find it a little unacceptable for the most part we don't Skype (or instant message/voice chat by any other means) or even play wi-fi. We're all friends here right? Why don't we try to get something together this week?

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Well, what confuses me is what about it doesn't work anymore... If it's true it doesn't work.

So, guys. I find it a little unacceptable for the most part we don't Skype (or instant message/voice chat by any other means) or even play wi-fi. We're all friends here right? Why don't we try to get something together this week?
i'd be up for wifi, even though i have the worst connection ever. lol

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord

o.o

yes

that is all

Kuares

Pizza
Gah, I still have that excuse of not having my Wii on me. I'm hopefully getting it on friday so maybe let's play saturday night. There's a smashfest that day so it'd be either Friday or Sunday. That's just me though.

Still remember that that was one of the suggestions when KJ was around.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
hey, to any of you guys who have computers that are on for hours a day:

you realize that probably more than 90% of your processing power is used in less than 10% of the time your computer is on? For the rest of that, why not donate that computing power to help out real world problem solving? There's lots of issues that can only be tested via supercomputer, but access to those are expensive. World Community Grid is a supercomputer formed by using unused computing power to release scientific results into the public domain. It's free, safe, helpful, and doesn't impact your computer usage. Basically it's a perfect donation. Try it out

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
hmmm....i'd go for it anyways lol.
i feel out of touch w/ Foxs when i used to spend so much time here in my earlier (bad) brawl life.

Hell the reason why I don't ever post is due to the fact it's hard for me to break the ice and communicate with others.

Since I'm shy...

Kuares

Pizza
That could potentially create a monstrosity of a characters board. You know that right?
I want to play Wifi with foxes.

hey, to any of you guys who have computers that are on for hours a day:

you realize that probably more than 90% of your processing power is used in less than 10% of the time your computer is on? For the rest of that, why not donate that computing power to help out real world problem solving? There's lots of issues that can only be tested via supercomputer, but access to those are expensive. World Community Grid is a supercomputer formed by using unused computing power to release scientific results into the public domain. It's free, safe, helpful, and doesn't impact your computer usage. Basically it's a perfect donation.
This sounds rather spambot-ish, but still I'm curious. What sort of discoveries has this lead to and what is it working on now?

An equation for prime numbers?

Hell the reason why I don't ever post is due to the fact it's hard for me to break the ice and communicate with others.

Since I'm shy...
You never seemed to shy when I talked with you but then from what I've learned from my random CE class is that I connect well with shy people.

...I love your voice :3

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Sorry, didn't mean to sound as dumb as a spam bot lol.

I'm not too sure if any of their research has been put to practical use yet, but a lot of their projects are about things like screening different molecule types for possible ways to interact with disseases, or image analysis to identify cancer structures, or things for water filters, solar cells, etc. An actual description of this stuff can be found http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/research/viewAllProjects.do

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero

Since I'm shy...
then create a personality to counter the shyness lol. irl im alot less talkative and mostly antisocial.
(hell at viva espana i was standing right next to M@v and failed to say hi)
I want to play Wifi with foxes.
me too, i haven't played a fox for a while....

This sounds rather spambot-ish, but still I'm curious. What sort of discoveries has this lead to and what is it working on now?
lol spambot-ish, i was thinking that too and just waiting for someone else to say something about it.

You never seemed to shy when I talked with you but then from what I've learned from my random CE class is that I connect well with shy people.

...I love your voice :3
you connect w/ shy people? how do you do that?

Top Bottom