• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
When have they ever said anything about media features? I'm pretty sure that they haven't even mentioned anything yet.

Also, I finally saw Kung Fu Panda 2! It was actually decent.

Edit: whoops, wrong board. This is awkward.

M@v

Subarashii!
They really need to make it so at least 2 tablets can be supported. Takes away a tons of potential by limiting it to one.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
well, as the time goes on untill its actually released, im sure they will listen to the comunity and possibly add another tablet controler "slot"

as for nintendo doing the media center, im not suprised they arnt doing anything in that regard.
they are a VIDEO GAME company and have stated on many times, they dont want it to become a media center at all.

it didnt hurt their sales with the wii, i doubt it will with the Wii U.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
it didnt hurt their sales with the wii, i doubt it will with the Wii U.
I don't know how you attempt to make this point. Furthermore, one of the most popular homebrew applications is one that lets you watch DVDs on a Wii. Also, tons of people bought PS3s because they're a good alternative to a blu ray player, something the WiiU would've been able to be as well.

On an unrelated note: after announcing the WiiU, Nintendo stock plummeted to a 5 year low to something only seen previous to the release of the Wii.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
I don't know how you attempt to make this point. Furthermore, one of the most popular homebrew applications is one that lets you watch DVDs on a Wii. Also, tons of people bought PS3s because they're a good alternative to a blu ray player, something the WiiU would've been able to be as well.

what im essentually saying, is the wii U will sell amazingly well regardless of weather of not it has dvd or blu ray player already installed.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
what im essentually saying, is the wii U will sell amazingly well regardless of weather of not it has dvd or blu ray player already installed.
Don't confuse this for justification for not including features that should be included. If there were to be a really good microwave oven that for some reason just arbitrarily wasn't allowed to make popcorn, I'm sure that would still sell amazingly well too. In fact, I more see this as an insult to the people buying it.

Nintendo had the opportunity to provide it's paying customers with a couple really nice features that were offered by all of its competitors, but instead didn't.

That being said, I think the WiiU will still be alright, it's just a bit of a letdown after believing it's going to arguably be the best console (which one may have thought it definitely should be, given that it's coming out 5 years after its competitors)

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
So i went fox in losers finals yesterday cause my mk was getting bodied..and i won ._. I cant wait to show you guys vids so we can all laugh at how 2009 my fox is when the sets uploaded LOL

:phone:

Zhamy

Smash Champion
So i went fox in losers finals yesterday cause my mk was getting bodied..and i won ._. I cant wait to show you guys vids so we can all laugh at how 2009 my fox is when the sets uploaded LOL

:phone:
**** you where's your character loyalty

Toronto Joe

Smash Master

Zhamy

Smash Champion
I'll have you all know that I've stuck with Fox through all of...nah, actually, only in Brawl and I don't even like Brawl.

I played Kirby in 64, Marth/Fox in Melee (mostly Marth), and Fawks in Brawl.

In Third Strike I played Dudley.
In SF4 I played Ryu.
In SSFIV I played Fei Long.
In AE I'm going to play Yang.

sup

EDIT: YO JOE WHY YOU LOOK LIKE SUCH A NERD

Although your DI is better, so props

EDIT 2: YO HOW DID YOU ALMOST LOSE TO OLIMAR ON RAINBOW CRUISE AS MK

k i'm done trash talking you for now

M@v

Subarashii!
Oh yeah, I should mention last weekend I got a Flamedash kill. :troll:

He was on the top of the slope of the rock ps2 transformation, and you can guess the rest :awesome:

M@v

Subarashii!
Dair upsmash still works lol. If they trip its guaranteed. If you hit them with all the hits of dair when they are over 100% you can usually buffer the upsmash before they have to powershield. If your unsure if you have enough just downsmash instead. Or grab.

M@v

Subarashii!
grab's probably my favorite since people shield after down air 90% of the time. The other 10% is a spotdodge; then you just do another down air, a.k.a. the double dipper :troll:

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
When they're at a rather high % for the usmash to be killing, or when the dair forces a trip.

That being said, it's still pretty risky to being doing a dair.
Like what %? And isn't there another aspect like if certain parts of dair hit then you can buffer the upsmash and it'll hit? Using dair as a punish isn't risky o.o.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Like what %? And isn't there another aspect like if certain parts of dair hit then you can buffer the upsmash and it'll hit? Using dair as a punish isn't risky o.o.
Depends on the character, you'll have to try it out yourself to find what works. You need to hit with the last hit of the dair as close to the ground as possible, which means fine tuning how you time your dair (so there is a hit the frame before you land). People might say things like "if you hit with all of it" or something, but that's a euphemism for saying that their % needs to be at some number after the usmash. Since you'd better be using a fresh usmash, you can assume it does constant damage and you need to be at some % after the drill kick. If I were you, I'd try to hit them with as few hits as possible of the dair and make sure that the ones you do land are right before you land.

also, don't forget, dair kinda sucks and is a very risky move to do.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
It's a good shield poker :3 but ik what you mean.

Oh is that why one time i FF dair after a Spotdodge and only like the first couple hits hit the person and they weren't able to shield? Cuz i landed after the hits?

SCOTU

Smash Hero
It's a good shield poker :3 but ik what you mean.

Oh is that why one time i FF dair after a Spotdodge and only like the first couple hits hit the person and they weren't able to shield? Cuz i landed after the hits?
not exactly sure what you mean, but if you ff a dair, a couple of the hits won't ever come out because you'll land before they have a chance to. Now, I haven't played brawl in a long *** time, so, i honestly don't remember if fox can auto cancel his dair in that game from a short hop, but if not, then you probably always want to fast fall it, otherwise they'll probably SDI out of it before you can do anything, although, it's usually just better to not dair in the first place.

Top Bottom