• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

M@v

Subarashii!
You can cancel it. Dair->grab is the best dair option at low percents. If you dair and their back is to you and you get the ground before then, thats when uptilt works. If you know they are going to spotdodge after your dair, do another dair(or if you want to finish the combo nair). I usually try to keep brawl "combos" going as long as possible. My philosophy in tournmanent is if my opponent doesn't know how to deal with something, regardless how dumb/bad it is, I'll keep abusing it until they figure it out :)

Kuares

Pizza
Just because it links together doesn't mean it's canceled ._.

I said before the only ways to Autocancel Dair is to do it out of full hop either onto a platform or the ground, from the ledge, or down an incline. Those're the only way to get rid of those 12 frames of landing lag.

Same with Nair, but Nair you should always Fastfall.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I usually try to keep brawl "combos" going as long as possible. My philosophy in tournmanent is if my opponent doesn't know how to deal with something, regardless how dumb/bad it is, I'll keep abusing it until they figure it out :)
That's good as long as you're good. Someone learning and or only playing against bad people don't have the luxury of doing this. To them it will appear that that's always the correct thing to do (whether or not this is their conscious thought process). When they do go and play against someone good, they'll end up trying it, and probably doing it or variants as much as they can. This habbit has now set them back soooooo far in becoming better that they'd've just been ahead never "learning" that in the first place. However, if you're good, it's always alright to use tactics well below your level if you can judge your opponent to be able to fall for them, but then you've already had the practice of normally NOT doing those things and aren't behind. The vast majority of smash players are not this type of player. These are the kinds of players who'll be top8 or maybe even top4 only in competitive regions.

M@v

Subarashii!
That's good as long as you're good. Someone learning and or only playing against bad people don't have the luxury of doing this. To them it will appear that that's always the correct thing to do (whether or not this is their conscious thought process). When they do go and play against someone good, they'll end up trying it, and probably doing it or variants as much as they can. This habbit has now set them back soooooo far in becoming better that they'd've just been ahead never "learning" that in the first place. However, if you're good, it's always alright to use tactics well below your level if you can judge your opponent to be able to fall for them, but then you've already had the practice of normally NOT doing those things and aren't behind. The vast majority of smash players are not this type of player. These are the kinds of players who'll be top8 or maybe even top4 only in competitive regions.
Hmm, never thought of it that way I guess. I don't call myself an amazing player. But I follow the description of the second part you said, because that's exactly what I do in tourneys. I'll try out weird/stupid stuff on people along with the "correct" things, and try to learn them and pick up on any habbits within the first stock. I've come to realize mostly do this subconsciously and don't think about it. Sometimes I will though. Like once in a while "HEY HES ALWAYS SPOTDODGING IN X SITUATION!" will scream into my conscious thinking, but most of the time I'm playing on instinct and reacting. The only time I'm consciously thinking is when I'm sitting back laser camping, planning what to do next. And to be honest that's moreso with Falco since his lasers buy him more time. With fox they can still run at you full speed, so I don't do it nearly as much.

I won't lie; I'm one of those players who doesn't focus much on frame data/frame lag/etc. I focus on the mental parts; reading the other guy and so forth. Like I know what moves beat what, what my fastest moves are and what they beat and all, but if you asked me to compare the frame data of same upsmash vs someone else's move, I'd say upsmash hits frame 6, then sit there and look like a ******. Learning all the technical aspects is the next thing I want do.

@Kuares. Mostly agree with the ff nair. Only exception is if your poking with it.

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
only if people suck at angling their shields.
well no its tricky for even good players purely because it pokes at the top and the bottom, so the player needs to identify when the hits are hitting the top and the bottom and switch between the two. Even if players do do it, they cant do it everytime.its especially hard when its unexpected.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
Wow havok that's legit. Does registering help you out at all in anyway?
I don't get anything like money but I do get the personal satisfaction that people like my material :)

That's basically it, so please, those that do like it subscribe to my blog via email or RSS feed (you can do it at the end of every post)

P.S. TKD will be back every day this week! So check it often :)

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I don't get anything like money but I do get the personal satisfaction that people like my material :)

That's basically it, so please, those that do like it subscribe to my blog via email or RSS feed (you can do it at the end of every post)

P.S. TKD will be back every day this week! So check it often :)
I wasn't sure if it allowed website expansion or ability to add features. Cuz my friend rents a website for free for online game stuff and the more ppl he gets to join the more he can make the website better.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
I wasn't sure if it allowed website expansion or ability to add features. Cuz my friend rents a website for free for online game stuff and the more ppl he gets to join the more he can make the website better.
Nah, I just want my blog to grow and I know I can do it. I just would like more people to notice lol

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
d3 is alo a better stock tank which fox benefits from. not to mention d-throw combos with d3. and fox can fthrow to dedede utilt.

Kuares

Pizza
Nice Job M@v getting 7th in the Bracket at CoT5. Who'd you have to face in the bracket?

In other news I did get a fox, and I'm taking him to tournaments from now on <3

Kuares

Pizza
Nah, just a stuffed animal fox. He's so cute though. He didn't like his full name so I ended up shortening it up to Force, lot's easier to say.

He gets into a lot of fights though with my dragon Taco though but it's all good though because Dizzy the Iguana puts an end to everything before anyone gets hurt.

M@v

Subarashii!
Sadly, I used mk more than fox in the amatuer bracket D:. He's just so good....and so tempting to use XD

But I still used fox to advance, and played mostly fox in pools, so its legit ^_^.

To be honest, I feel if I would of beaten the diddy kong I lost to in losers, I would of went all the way. After the diddy was one of my crew members(TKCK). He has yet to beat me in tourney, and he hates MK vs Falco, so I would of went Falco on him. He beat the diddy, then he went all the way to 4th, losing to a pit/pika, who won the whole thing. Would of went MK on him. Probably would of Fox ditto'd guard if I got to him. I don't like Mk vs fox.

In speaking of foxes that play mk, TO Joe was on FIRE this weekend.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Haven't been here in a while, but I absolutely had to tell you guys something; I figured this character board would appreciate it most.
At my college there was rumour going round of a fox living somewhere on campus, which I of course thought was absolutely awesome but for some reason other people didn't share the same enthusiasm. Anyway, long story short, I drove in one day as usual only to find all these chicken feathers scattered everywhere. It turns out that the fox had gone in and ****ing massacred the 20 chickens that lived on campus. Needless to say, I was quite impressed. It must've had a laser gun or something, there's simply no other explanation.

Top Bottom