• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
That's true but I haven't faced a pro ROB either, but I have faced one a little better than me. I actually don't know if it works on every character without a helpless animation, like GaW, but it works on most I'm sure. Also you have to grab them on the ledge, because if you don't they touch the ground, besides GaW, who you can force an air release on if you grab him out of the air, but like I said I don't know if it works on him.

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
That's true but I haven't faced a pro ROB either, but I have faced one a little better than me. I actually don't know if it works on every character without a helpless animation, like GaW, but it works on most I'm sure. Also you have to grab them on the ledge, because if you don't they touch the ground, besides GaW, who you can force an air release on if you grab him out of the air, but like I said I don't know if it works on him.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
GaW, I don't know about that too. Never really tried that. I am usually too busy fending off his aerials and forgetting that he has lasting hitbox on his aerials.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
lol triple post. Did not even realize that.
Anyways, here is the vid about grab release.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBqWHlhan2w
I can immediately pummel if I use shield grab and rapidly tab A but I cannot immediately pummel if I use my grab button for some reason. May be this is Classic Controller Pro thing? Can you pull it off using grab button only not shield+a?

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
I dunno if you can do it that way, I am unable to test it right now. I am also unable to watch the video cuz my internewt's SO bad today, but it works on lots of characters (I 'm assuming that wasn't in the video). On most characters, you can land an usmash, like on MK for example. On some others, you can land fair, uair, dair, or RAR bair. On Ness, all of that is guaranteed @.@

Edit: I actually didn't know which grab release you're talking about, the release that cancels the up-b or the forced air release, the latter is what I assumed. Also if you're talking about the up-b cancelling release, I don't think it works if you pummel.

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
Ok so I NEEEEEEED help on the Diddy MU for Saturday, do you know anything about it? Should I play grounded or aerial? Good CPs?

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
I don't know about CPs but I think you need to work on item game because Diddy Kong loves Banana peels. Also another thing to do would be reflecting the banana peels occasionally so that they will think twice before throwing that naners and begin follow ups. I don't know how you play Fox but I mostly try to play aerial Fox. Since I am not like an expert or pro, I cannot tell you much but I think playing aerials could be better than ground. I mean, I win against Diddy sometimes, but I am sure other Fox users such as fox67890 knows a lot more on this.
Also, this could help http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmojXS5147U

In short, watch out for naners because I think that's what most Diddy stuffs are based on. And beware of that infinite lock with naners too.

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
Well, yeah I know how to play banana games with Fox and I try aerial. The only Diddy good I ever played is P1 ( I don't do wifi much) and that was why I was asking. Usually I hold the banana and camp until they forget that I have it, and trip for a dash smash. I try to get him offstage for a chance at gimps with nanas/shine, but usually he figures me out.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
http://smashboards.com/threads/match-up-export-3-diddy-kong-creating-summary.247089/
Here's kind of old matchup export on Diddy. I honestly don't know what to say because I just watched a lot of Yui's match against Diddy and I kinda know what to do without thinking about it.

Although I cannot say that I have faced Diddy at caliber of ADHD or P1 for that matter, I can say that being aerial is much better than staying on ground at least against Diddy. I think last week, I tried to stay grounded and I lost. Partly due to my opponent being much more skilled and experienced but I think me staying on ground was the biggest mistake. But that's just my opinion. Also I think this depends on how well you can DI too. I usually survive up until 170s against Diddy and that helps me because I can put more damage in before I lose a stock.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
lol, I'm glad you got some general idea. Personally I believe match up is no less than -1, it may be even too. But then, we are biased.

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
-1 sounds right to me, but I'm not too experienced like I think I said, but hopefully I'll at least get the next good Diddy down to last stock lol.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
lol, yeah. Best of luck to you facing pro Diddy. At least I will "grow" with Diddy-main-in-practice and that hopefully will help me with Diddy as time goes on.

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
I just thought of something. If a Fox and Falco team in doubles, I think frame data actually allows for Fox to dthrow, then Falco could dair, and repeat, to the point of Fox getting a free usmash for the kill. Or perhaps double Fox would work better.

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
That's why I'm not so sure it'll work, I'm kinda sure double Fox could do this because dair has little knockback, but then again they could SDI out of it so I don't really know.

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
I'd hate to say it, but I'm more Ness than Fox in doubles (vice-versa in singles). My Ness is better than my Fox in doubles because no need for camping/smaller range makes my partner less of a punching bag lol.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Yeah, I would recommend going Ness rather than Fox in doubles. I kinda am trying to get good with MK because of that. Well, I probably won't go tourney that much if any due to personal reasons. What character does your partner use?

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
My brother (who now has a job and can't team with me much) mains Ike. Besides him, I try to find other people to partner with before I go to tournaments.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Oh, brothers in tourney just like ESAM and Nick Riddle. Truth to be told, I don't know much about doubles. I probably never will know much about doubles at tourney level.

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
ESAM and Nick Riddle actually don't team much. Nick Riddle usually teams with Shaky (who is SOOOO AWESOME!), and ESAM teams with different people.

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
Yeah, me and my bro really aren't a good team, either. But lots of times, he's all I can find. Have you ever tried Fox and Ike in teams?
It DOESN'T work out...

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
Well, anyway, last time I went to a tourney there was supposed to be doubles, but there were too few people to have an event for it, so there was just friendlies. It was so awesome when I went Fox once in doubles and beat P1 (I beat him like four times, 1 with Fox, 3 or so with Ness.)

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
He's ok, and I know the setup you're talking about, because once I lost my last stock a little early and my partner was a victim of it.
Something like MK dthrow>Diddy Peanut>repeat

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Yeah, that set up followed by Diddy fsmash or bair is devastating. I watched it happen during APEX 2013. It was blast watching it but if it happened to me, I'd be not happy at all.

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
His partner went some MK, but mostly Lucario actually. I know once he went Puff and I took 2 stocks off of him in like 40 seconds.

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
Ness. I landed a dair(love that move) about when the match started. Then, he was hanging around off the top of the screen, and I uair'd him. I think that was one of the ones that I won.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
lol, we are like the only active users here. Might as well take this to pm to save this place for Fox social I guess.

Jet300

Smash Ace
Yeah, me and my bro really aren't a good team, either. But lots of times, he's all I can find. Have you ever tried Fox and Ike in teams?
It DOESN'T work out...
I tried that years ago and it didnt went so well. Me and my brother made 5th place on a doubles tournament with Zelda and Wario like a year ago.

Top Bottom