• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
I've been watching this P:M 3.0 "leaked" stream. Man, that game looks so unbalanced. Now, everything has potential of being an infinite. Like this guy had Fox selected and he shined Marth to death (at 999%) Jeez. I now always look for Fox in any SSB related videos lol. Fox is a life style I guess.
EDIT: April Fool's content in that stream is over 9000!

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
Oh yeah to answer your question I am a student. Well, they wanted Melee, unbalanced is what they get.
But then again, Fox is #1 no joke.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Yeah, Fox deserves to be a number one. Now I don't know about the balancing of P:M, but I liked what they did to Captain Falcon's knee, other than that I got nothing to say.

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
I need to post this to see what your last post was, cuz I keep getting alerted that you posted here, and then it won't show me what you posted, the page stops at the post about the stream

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
I'll have to restart and see if anything happens. I don't know how many times in a row I've posted, cuz it won't show me, but whatever.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
You, my friend, need a new computer. This could be solely a network problem but I would get a new PC especially if it is laptop. I am no expert but I think older hardware could cause problem if it is a laptop.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Glad that you sorted out that problem. The steam of 3.0 ended but I still think it's just l-cancel thing and is an April Fool's joke.

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
Ok what happened was that this started happening right when you edited the post about the stream, but it wasn't showing that or anything after it.
You caused my computer to mess up! Just Kidding :p

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
lol, this thing can be bugged I guess. Dang, this was a good day for Fox board! I spent a lot of time using my thread necromancy.

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
Yeah it was actually more active here than the Ness Boards, but I think that was because my Ness pun scared everybody away.
Ness puns are very devastating...

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Oh, I think I remember what you wrote. It was on news feed or something. Wasn't it like "sadNess" or something. I am sure web traffics are always up and down just like a roller coaster.

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
Yeah that was it.
I predict that someday this site will crash, starting in the Ness boards (via Ness pun) , and sweep the other boards like a disease or something.
If you can't tell, I'm very random...but I'm pretty sure you can tell though...

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Well, I can't tell because I am kinda bad at it, so how are you random? You can pm this if you don't feel comfortable or something because I feel that is more pm worthy or so I guess.

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
Oh well...
Anyway, have you voted on the new tier list yet? Most of the votes are looking good for Fox, because most people are placing him higher. And most of the ones that don't either barely or don't move him at all.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
I don't feel that I am too inexperienced to get a general idea where whole casts lies within that list. So no, I have not voted. But yes, I agree with you that Fox's position is looking good so far. Most people put him in high tier position. So far, I honestly feel that Fox is easily a high tier material. Of course, I suck with Fox because I'm relatively late to the party, but I can still see Fox being a high tier material or may be a little higher. People underestimate Fox little too much because theoretically, Fox some huge flaws or something. ( I do agree with some of them such as fast fall, but I am on a fence about recovery)

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
Well yeah, I'm not great either. I think the most notable match I ever played was Ness versing Reflex' CF and getting him down to his last stock.And I only did that once.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Hmm, I have a feeling that some of our conversation belong in message box for some reason. Anyways, I always make it my goal to take at least a stock off from better, and experienced veteran players whenever I go to a smashfest. Of course, I may win or something when I play some people that have not played Brawl for a long time or something but it's a difficult win.

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
we can switch to pms if you want to. But yeah, I try the same thing, and usually do it. What annoys me, though is when I can play someone and ALWAYS come really close to winning (like we're both in death percent) but I always just barely lose. This kept happening at my last tourney against one guy, against several of his characters.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Uh, anyways, I've been watching them videos and it seems like SHTL really does make some difference. Especially against Snake. In vids I watched, Foxes that do SHDL seems to put themselves in a little disadvantageous situation when playing against Snake. Unless they get second laser as silent laser all the time, I see that grenades are more likely to reach Fox and then explode. Well, I gotta say, SHTL is really important. Also, has anyone watched vids of Jill from Japan? He recently outplaced Yui in Piosuma back in January 27 or something. He, at times, approaches with rolls. How effective can roll approach be? Has anyone tried that as mix up?

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
First Post of the day!
Todays topic, gentlemen?
Edit: NOOOOOO! NOT AGAIN! YOU NINJA'D AGAIN! My post doesn't make sense now...
*sniff*I Pity Myself*sniff*

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Well, you see, you are from Onett while I have been Cornerian all my life. So you are only half Fox. Also since Star Fox was originally made in Japan and I come from a region fairly close. So, I don't know :p

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Gah, I hate Kirby:grrr: It's all like "Hi!" and stuff but in truth it's so strong and has some almost inescapable string!

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Yeah, he is annoying to fight also. I never really liked Sonic anyways. I mean, I played his game when I was young but I only played once and then never played it again because I hated Sonic. I don't know if Sonic is truly better than Fox as Sonic mains claim. Sure, he has lots of stuff but the thing is he cannot kill easily without his "GO!" move. In addition, I heard somewhere that if you grab Sonic after he uses spring and then let go of him, he will still lose jump and die.

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
Yeah it's cuz it has to "reset" so he can use it again. I think his spring works like ZSS's down-b as far as resetting:they have to touch the ground (or in Sonic's case, get hit, not counting grabs cuz he doesn't take damage/ knockback) to use it again. I think it also works on Snake, but I'm not sure.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
In case of Snake, I can see them getting back up by C4ing themselves if they are human. I don't know if I am remembering correctly but I may have done that to CPU Snake once.

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
Well, yeah, there's C4, but at the least they can't up-b. It might also work on ROB, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't.
If you haven't noticed, it has to do with the characters not having helpless animations.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Hmm, well, if Snake is hit by his own C4 he can up-b. So virtually unlimited amount of up-b he can pull off. ROB I am not sure about. Never really faced pro ROB.

Top Bottom