• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

fox67890

Smash Journeyman
Yeah
SH>bair>fast fall immediately. That works against shorter characters, or if you want to maintain your position I think. Otherwise, autocancel it (it combos into certain things at the right percents if you autocancel).

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
how about when you are FH? I still cannot FF to get myself into a right position to Bair, is it just matter of practicing timing? I think FF is required because FH without falling fast it endangers Fox.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
If I wanna do that, I'd short hop first, then bair, and in the split second before Fox actually unleashes the bair, I fast fall.

It is risky, though. You have to mind your spacing for it, otherwise you'll get punished by being grabbed, power-shielded, or worse, both one after the other.

I suggest you only use it for mixups, and then you create mixups from there by doing the same maneuver without bair to use something else instead.

fox67890

Smash Journeyman
how about when you are FH? I still cannot FF to get myself into a right position to Bair, is it just matter of practicing timing? I think FF is required because FH without falling fast it endangers Fox.
you mean full hop bair? The timing depends on where they are (ground or air). I'm kinda confused about your question. Do you mean that when you're in the air, you have trouble timing a fast fall bair to land on a grounded opponent?

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
@fox67890, Yeah, Full hop bair. And yes, I have a trouble fastfalling while full hopping for some reason and then land it on grounded opponents (and shorter ones such as MK or Kirby).
@Carls, thanks for the tip, and yes, I am intending to use it as mix up. I've been trying to get some of them in action while playing level 9 CPU to get it done with fast (relatively) moving target.

fox67890

Smash Journeyman
Well...I guess it just takes practice. You kinda fast fall first and then immediately bair iirc. I'm not sure what else to say :|

For a mix up though, you could full hop>slow fall for a moment> shine stall a few times (you might have to do one shine turn-around)> and then do a slow falled bair. By slow fall, I just mean regular falling...as in not fast falling ._.

SH bair is almost completely safe on shield btw (It's completely safe if you autocancel it). The main problem is that it's kinda hard to land.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
yeah, it is hard to land ac shbair unless opponents use tall characters or are jumping. The reason why I asked about FH Bair was because some Fox users seem to perform them when poking or approaching. I guess this will take another 2-3 weeks or more to integrate into my playing style and use without having to think about it. I now understand why some say Fox is easy to get rusty and that has some high learning curve. But as I mastered SHTL (at least sufficientlt), I will master them eventually.

knuckles213

Smash Ace
Well whenever I do FF bair, its easier for me to jump>FF>C-stick (Bair) so that it (actually comes out) connects/pushes my opponent back. Bair is my favorite move with Fox.

@Fox67890 do you know the correct input for the Quick and Lagless Bair to Utilt?

fox67890

Smash Journeyman
The inputs are the same as a regular SH bair, but with no fast fall (as you'll want it to auto-cancel for it to be lagless). Once you get the bair out, I suppose you could just buffer the utilt from there.

...It might be worth mentioning that there are two types of autocanceled bairs though.
The first is done by SH>immediate bair
The second is done by SH>slight moment delay>bair

You won't be getting any combos off the bair from the first way. You can get combos (such as Lagless Bair to Utilt) off the second way though. The reason for this is because there is less time between the bair and landing in the second way. The second way also gives more frame advantage.

So,,,use the second way and then buffer a utilt to get a Quick and Lagless Bair to Utilt.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
@R4C, don't know about much because I never faced any good players using Pit
@Disaster Master, lol ole' Star Fox advice?
@knuckles123, Sadly, for some reason I cannot initiate ff at times but yeah, that is basically how I am trying to do. Many failures, but will make perfect.
@fox67890, I don't know but does your second way combo well? Do you hit them with sour spot bair?

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Dang it, I forgot some quotes from our great dear leader Fox and his glorious comrades...
@R4C, Hmm, since I cannot help you directly, I will try to find a match between higher level players of Fox and Pit ASAP. Yui vs. Earth gives some looks on what to do and what to watch out for against Pit.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
All aircraft report!
@fox67890, Father?!
@Carls, Try a U-turn!(?)
@Disaster Master, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaCzGqTXa70 To do a barrel roll, press R or Z twice!, Try a U-turn!, Try a somersault!
@R4C, you should say, "Quit screwing around, do something!" And we do this because "We're Star Fox!"
Anyways, here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZfYW3zuUL0
I cannot say much, but this video gave me pretty a general idea on what to expect and what won't/will work. Even though Yui might ultimately lost to Earth but since both are top players in their respective characters, I can say that we can learn a lot from them.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Yeah, since there seems to be few Pit mains here in NA, videos are quite limited in number compared to "vs. MK". I could be wrong here though.
@fox67890, Incoming!
"Don't relax, we're not done yet."

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
You will be seeing your dad soon Star Fox.

I don't think there are any other character forum as dead as Fox forum. Probably due to Fox being "nerfed" from Melee but then, many other character forums are also almost exclusively active on Social thread.
Hope all of you are finding your April Fool's enjoyable? To be honest, I think April Fool's is one of the most over-hyped day in the world.

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
Yeah, but sorta long story though...
Ever since 64, Fox was my least favorite character. He was the least used and I couldn't stand when other people would talk about Fox. I was a Kirby/Ness/Pika main back then.
In April 2012, Fox was my least used Brawl character. He literally only had 2 KOs. Then one day, I tried earning a few extra trophies, and noticed that I never completed Classic mode with Fox. So I tried, and then I was like" how could I not like this character?"
At this time, I mained MK, Pika, Ness, Kirby, Sonic, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Sheik, ZSS, GaW, and a few more.After I began maining Fox, I dropped ALL of them except Ness and MK. Going back to 64, I now main Fox, Ness, Kirby, and Samus.
Never played Melee.
In Brawl, I main Fox and Ness, MK as a second, and Samus/ZSS as other characters.
So basically I turned here from the dark side(which is hating Fox).

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Hmm, I was a Wolf main that did not hate Fox but disliked him for being 'weak looking' compare to Wolf. Of course, I did not play any Star Fox game until then. I played Star Fox games just to see Wolf in action. Well, I have used Fox in 2008 (note: I did not own the game or Wii at that time, just played at my the 8 years old cousin's request because I was bored at his house. I did not buy my own Wii and SSBB until December of 2012) and I disliked him at the first sight. To better myself as a Wolf main, I searched for Youtube and then there was this match between this British Fox main and Swedish Link main using Wolf. That Fox main basically got destroyed except for 1 game and then here comes Yui match against Nietono. I watched it because I hoped to get something out from there as well because I was really really annoyed by Olimar when one of my suitemates (note: I do not have roommates in my room since I am in a single bedroom) played as him. I then saw Fox's potential and suddenly liked him and that was like during January. Since I started to use Fox better than the beginning of my Foxy path, my suitemates begin to complain about that usmash and shtl. I will never drop Fox and will probably use Fox in SSB4.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Well, I think Fox fits with my style more nicely than Wolf does. Only Star Fox character in Brawl I really hate is Falco and that hate stems from Star Fox games. Never really liked that bird because he is such a jerk.
By the way, are you able to get your reflector up instantly? It seems that I cannot get my reflector up instantly like shield, it really interrupts my game against projectile people. I ask you this because you use ccp too.

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
Yes I can.
I learned to get really good at the timing and some people are surprised at the kinds of stuff I can reflect

Top Bottom