• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Is what even a question?
I'm not gonna play Melee Fox, it'll screw up my Brawl Fox :(
They're exceptionally different, and thus easy to keep separate. They shouldn't mess each other up as much as any other melee character could. You just gotta not try to play them as the same character. Remember, they ARE two different characters: Awesome fox, and fox that's there for legacy reasons (who just happens to be awesome because he's fox).

Zephil

Smash Ace
Hey guys (appearing from nowhere) just saying hi and want to congratulate all of you to make Fox go +4 in the new tier list... you guys are doing a great job!! high tier is the next goal!!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I posted something in the tier list thread but nobody responded, but it's relevant here so I'll just post it:

Since people are talking about Fox needing a secondary or something.... yeah? So do most characters that aren't Meta Knight. Big deal, Fox is still a really good character. I use Kirby/Fox exclusively, and here is the character I would use for the matchups down to the bottom of mid tier:

Meta Knight: Fox by far
Snake: either
Diddy Kong: possibly either, leaning towards Kirby
Falco: preferably Fox
Wario: Fox
Marth: Fox
Ice Climbers: screwed either way lolz
Olimar: ..Fox, still difficult either way
Pikachu: you don't need to ask
King Dedede: either, probably Fox
Mr. Game & Watch: Probably Fox
Lucario: Fox
Zero Suit Samus: Fox
Toon Link: either, probably Kirby
R.O.B.: Fox
Pit: Kirby
Peach: either
Donkey Kong: either, mostly Fox
Luigi: Kirby
Wolf: probably Kirby
Sonic: Fox
Ike: is actually a low tier
Sheik: Kirby
Ness: Fox
Pokémon Trainer: Squirtle beats Fox and Kirby so I dunno lol

my opinion. As you can see, I prefer Fox as much or more often than Kirby, who is directly above him on the tier list. It seems to me like he's around the right spot, or
that Kirby is too high like I think he is

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Congrats on the rise, long deserved imo.

Exactly why I think he needed a rise Asdioh. I mean Falco has almost the same high tier problems as Fox and he's 4th haha

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
so much drama about Fox being too high, lol.
I think he might be a spot or two too high, that's all though.
I don't know much about Falco's matchups... what happens to him in terms of Pikachu's chaingrab? What about Sheik? I know ICs is supposed to be really hard for him too.

Now for Fox: is Sheik really that hard? You can outcamp her and reflect projectile and stuff, and stay in the air to avoid tilt locks.
What about ICs? I don't see how they **** Fox any harder than they do to the rest of the cast.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
so much drama about Fox being too high, lol.
I think he might be a spot or two too high, that's all though.
I don't know much about Falco's matchups... what happens to him in terms of Pikachu's chaingrab? What about Sheik? I know ICs is supposed to be really hard for him too.

Now for Fox: is Sheik really that hard? You can outcamp her and reflect projectile and stuff, and stay in the air to avoid tilt locks.
What about ICs? I don't see how they **** Fox any harder than they do to the rest of the cast.
Sheik is one of few characters that are as fast or faster than Fox. So she's not getting camped by him and she can pressure him. On top of that they fall to the same problem, that being shieldgrab fodder. So, they can't really space aerials too well without getting ***** for it. Sheik get's more damage opportunities from grabs moreso than Fox. That and all it takes is like 5 reads and Fox'll be eating a tilt lock for a stock. Like without the tilt lock, Fox would be ****** Sheik 8-ways from Sunday. But, since the tilt lock is still there and you can't change it, GGs Foxy Baby. Unless you try to run as much as possible until you're too high in damage to be gayed. I've tried it and it's HARD. Real hard.

Psyco

Smash Journeyman
It's great Fox went up 4, but don't get too cocky or he'll go right back down. High tier is our next goal, and very possible. I might be switching to maining Fox, but I'm not sure yet, it's a matter of figuring out who I'm better with.
Also... it's always awkwardly lonesome in here.

All of the Foxes are putting in the effort. TKD is just getting them results.

Good job guys ^_____^

Jenkins

Smash Lord
Yea, got a new headset. (cheap)

Foxboards should start skyping more often.
yes. this.

How ironic, a mod is on the scene.

Do not spread any words about the leaked tier list otherwise I will be handing out infractions. Any talk of spreading it privately will also be infracted.
i wuv you jawz

and lol @ zelda's placement. I'm so biased from playing against her all the time.

also, please help me understand this. Just found it on Aib. This should be shared lmfaoooooooooo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masturbate-a-thon

Psyco

Smash Journeyman
You deny you said that. Yet it's there on page 59. (wtf how'd he get a quote from that long ago???)
Oh jeez. Maybe we should just forget about it. :dizzy:

NAKAT

Smash Champion
Ok so I just got back from KTAR 3 and here are my results!

Doubles (Me and Jbandrew) Got 5th Place!

Beat Jtails and Helpr
Beat Nairo and Atomsk
Loss to MalcomM and Anti
Loss to Chibo and Xzax

SINGLES (Got top 7th of 76)

Beat Allied
Lost to Dabuz
Beat Snakeee
Beat Tusm
Beat Nairo
Beat Squall
Beat GrimR
Lost to Will

I did amazing <3

He definitely should not give TKD all the credit. There are plenty more of us who are doing just as good and we too need recognition.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
Ok so I just got back from KTAR 3 and here are my results!

Doubles (Me and Jbandrew) Got 5th Place!

Beat Jtails and Helpr
Beat Nairo and Atomsk
Loss to MalcomM and Anti
Loss to Chibo and Xzax

SINGLES (Got top 7th of 76)

Beat Allied
Lost to Dabuz
Beat Snakeee
Beat Tusm
Beat Nairo
Beat Squall
Beat GrimR
Lost to Will

I did amazing <3

He definitely should not give TKD all the credit. There are plenty more of us who are doing just as good and we too need recognition.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1y19L64N3Q

good **** mah boi

edit: Snakeee and Atomsk. Huge upsets.

Top Bottom