• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

RPK

Smash Lord
you dont need to do that, its just practise.TKD taught me to use up to help with the timing, i use X then up and A, although i have tap jump off.but it just takes practise, it will be difficult at first but it will get easyer, trust me :)
Well, I have tap jump on so doing it that way is stupid hard to do without accidentally double jumping. The only other way I can think of doing it is flicking up on the analog to short hop, and then up on the C-stick to uair. Or I have to already be holding up slightly on on the analog stick and then shorting hopping and pressing A to uair. Those two though dont provide me control of my Uair and I keep going forward or whatever direction. If I do it the way I posted, then Im able to run one way, then short hop back and do a lagless uair.

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Lol TJoe, you need to be around more :(.

And Uzi, that was some pretty great footage, but I think you know what you need to take out. Also, plllleeeease add some sound effects or music or something!

EDIT: Oh fail, just figured out now my speakers were still turned off... I listened to that whole thing in silence...

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
Lol TJoe, you need to be around more :(.

And Uzi, that was some pretty great footage, but I think you know what you need to take out. Also, plllleeeease add some sound effects or music or something!

EDIT: Oh fail, just figured out now my speakers were still turned off... I listened to that whole thing in silence...

X3 LOL

was gonna actually add sound effects, but prolly wouldnt do it often enough to ,ake them seem normal

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
So, since I'm Discussion Leader for the Fox boards, I got some slight moderation powers. Currently, I'm (only) able to sticky and unsticky. I still lurk around here at least every 2 or 3 days, but I don't get everything, so if you need something stickied or unstickied, just let me know.

:)

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Hello Fox boards! My name is Junglefever and I help moderate the Smashboards Information Center. At the SIC, we are attempting to create a mentoring program for older and newer members to go to so that they can progress in their smash career on a more personal level than just SWF. Mentors communicate to their pupils through PMs and AIM, in addition to playing WIFI with each other. We believe that the Mentoring Program is a good addition along with the character boards to help members get better.

So what do i need from you guys? I need a couple volunteers from your character board that are willing to mentor pupils one on one and help them get better at their desired character.

For any interested, please PM me the character you are interested in mentoring in, and what exactly you can bring to the table. How long have you been a Fox main? Do you go to tourneys? Do you have access to wifi? What achievements have you earned in your time smashing?

Thanks guys! Hope to hear back from you soon!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Hello Fox boards! My name is Junglefever and I help moderate the Smashboards Information Center. At the SIC, we are attempting to create a mentoring program for older and newer members to go to so that they can progress in their smash career on a more personal level than just SWF. Mentors communicate to their pupils through PMs and AIM, in addition to playing WIFI with each other. We believe that the Mentoring Program is a good addition along with the character boards to help members get better.

So what do i need from you guys? I need a couple volunteers from your character board that are willing to mentor pupils one on one and help them get better at their desired character.

For any interested, please PM me the character you are interested in mentoring in, and what exactly you can bring to the table. How long have you been a Fox main? Do you go to tourneys? Do you have access to wifi? What achievements have you earned in your time smashing?

Thanks guys! Hope to hear back from you soon!
omg WIFI? Sing me up, I need someone to teach me how 2 play Meta Knight because I hear he's a lot of fun to play, but I dunno how to play him lol whenever I use him I end up killing myself off the side because I don't know how 2 use his recovery lol

thx 4 letting us know ^_^

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Lol Asdioh don't be mean.

And thanks Jiggly for the support, I'll send in my application right now. If I can't be active offline as much as I want, maybe I can help others more online.
me and jungle are like this: \|

(\

(|

you know, the two fingers crossed?

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Oh well... um congratulations then. I'm sure the two of you must be very happy with each other.

And omg, I'm legitimately hyped for this E3. I've never been so hyped for a conference regarding the future of gaming before. Like, I knew nothing of the Wii, and 360 and PS3 or DS. It all just happened. Now that I know, I'm excited.

Pokémon Black + White and 3DS is gonna be win. Looking forward to the new Zelda game too!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
oh yeah, before I forget again, I wanted to ask a couple questions:

1. How legit is dair->shine gimp offstage really?
2. onstage, shine->upsmash or techchase upsmash... how legit is THAT?

I practiced it on my friend a lot, but it's hard to do unless you have perfect twitch reaction.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
oh yeah, before I forget again, I wanted to ask a couple questions:

1. How legit is dair->shine gimp offstage really?
2. onstage, shine->upsmash or techchase upsmash... how legit is THAT?

I practiced it on my friend a lot, but it's hard to do unless you have perfect twitch reaction.
1. only on certain characters and even then its pretty risky.

shine>up-smash you need to buffer the comands, and if at all possible DUCAS.

also.
i finished my smash64 combo video ^.^

im pretty happy with it :3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yW8bL1dlQE

ima go post it in the 64 discussion.

Zephil

Smash Ace
I am not going to apex but a a group of friends from here are going to represent so is going to be the first time that Panama will be represented in a big tourney

Zephil

Smash Ace
Is good to have representation but the players that are going are not the best we have, they are good and I expect them to surprise a little at least

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
I liked it. Smash 64 is such a good (and deadly) game.

I didn't notice the glitch at the end until I read the comments...

What was up with that stagebouncing survival part? How did you do that?
Thats how you survive the insaine edge gaurds in smash 64.

you DI into the stage as strong as you can and you bounce off it, getting sent not nearly as far.

of you look close i hit the wall TWO times as falcon fighting the pika, thats some pretty epic DI.

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Everyone also knows FLAMEDASH can be canceled out of DUCAS. It's almost as good as Fox's SUPSMASH.

(I know I shouldn't have to explain it, but wouldn't it be hilarious if every time Fox landed an Upsmash, right before he flips, he paused and was like, "Sup." I think it would be right up there along with DK landing a brutally powerful combo, then turning to the audience and in a British accent say "Excellent.")

And omg, I hear Nintendo's E3 conference is tomorrow! Maaaan, I really wanna seeeee it. Hopefully I'll have access to internet.

Top Bottom