• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Rookie v Ally
1:10 THIS IS HOW YOU DI UTILT. Di. Not. Forget.

Also, Ally's SDI is ******** good. Dair->Utilt is totally not a true combo...on Ally.

Take note of how Rookie uses Bair - I'll say it again and again: Bair is great for spacing. You are safe on block against Snake with Bair.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Get Muramasa if you don't already have it.
Concur.
Recommends Metroid Prime Trilogy, find it online, Nintendo stopped distributing them.
Do you have a 360 or PS3?

I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND GETTING FINAL FANTASY XIII!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJPbozRomX4

Jesus Christ I am so excited for this game.
More of a Tales of fan
{
psyched for{
Tales of Graces
Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike, coming out on dvd in May
}
}
However, I AM getting Final Fantasy XIII, along with Disgaea 3 and Star Ocean 4, need my jrpg fix.
Took of gears of war for it.
Wow, really?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Is FFXIII even out yet?

I think it was 12 I saw my friend play last year around New Years, with the very annoying main character wearing the very ugly vest thing.

Code Lyon

Smash Journeyman
Hey the ZSS MU has been rediscussed and finished! The long staple of a hard Fox counter has now been put into Fox's Favor in a 6/4 advantage.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Hey the ZSS MU has been rediscussed and finished! The long staple of a hard Fox counter has now been put into Fox's Favor in a 6/4 advantage.
wait what.

wait, what?

*goes to check it out*

I lost to a couple ZSS players at my last tourney, maybe I'll use fox and not get dsmashed.

SCOTU

Smash Hero

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
u just mad cuz reaction time is styling on you

So I'm going to a tourney this weekend (alleye and emtwokay should both be there, at least the latter will) and I'm considering using Fox a decent amount. Maybe.

Problem is I have barely touched the game in over a month, and my Fox especially is horribly out of practice :/

I'll get some major practice with him in tomorrow and see where it goes from there.

Any general tips that will help me at least not get *****? :S

SCOTU

Smash Hero
u just mad cuz reaction time is styling on you

So I'm going to a tourney this weekend (alleye and emtwokay should both be there, at least the latter will) and I'm considering using Fox a decent amount. Maybe.

Problem is I have barely touched the game in over a month, and my Fox especially is horribly out of practice :/

I'll get some major practice with him in tomorrow and see where it goes from there.

Any general tips that will help me at least not get *****? :S
Someone who is out of practice comes back into practice in under an hour (assuming they actively played the game competitively in the first place). The only thing you may be lacking is some tech skill (lolwut? who gives a **** about tech skill in brawl). Furthermore, taking a several week/month break is often a good way to get better because you'll lose a lot of bad habbits you may not even have known you had.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
yeah...I've done that in the past. That's how I got rid of rolldodging so much. (long breaks)

I'll SDI better than I usually do.
alleye will ftilt me and i'll be like *sdi* "I'M BEHIND YOU WHAT NOW SON"
maybe

Zhamy

Smash Champion
What will happen is that he'll Utilt you at 200% and you'll SDI straight into the ground and tech.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
can you imagine how ********(ly awesome?) this game would be if people could do that consistently with all sorts of kill moves?

I think it was Amsah that teched Falco's Dsmash three times in one match or something, it was crazy...

SCOTU

Smash Hero
What will happen is that he'll Utilt you at 200% and you'll SDI straight into the ground and tech.
In brawl, you cannot tech against a surface that has a normal in the same direction as your launch vector; you simply will slide along the surface instead of hitting it.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
can't spell asdioh without it after all

In brawl, you cannot tech against a surface that has a normal in the same direction as your launch vector; you simply will slide along the surface instead of hitting it.
that has a normal?

*will practice Fox soon*
*hopefully will be able to cancel Side B consistently*

What's odd is that I can cancel Fox's Illusion in Melee consistently without even practicing, but in Brawl it's sooo freaking hard.

Top Bottom