• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Code:
Target = <37F

Fair = 49F
Dair = 49F
Bair = 48F
Nair = 41F

Uair = 35F

Fair Total Time = 75F
Dair Total Time = 75F
Bair Total Time = 74F
Nair Total Time = 67F
Air Dodge Total Time = 63F
Uair Total Time = 61F
The only time you can SDI is during hitlag, and the little "boost" that you'll get from pushing up on the c-stick once? It won't kill you. You're better off using an air dodge rather than Nair in a lot of situations.

Here's my guide to momentum cancelling: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=239489

Guess I should work on that guide to how to DI common attacks.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Lulz, and then there was this whole thing about reverse shines that could even push you inwards a bit. I prefer the u-air.
:O reverse shines eh? Haven't heard about that.

I also use Uair with Fox, though it doesn't matter because he gets KOed by the lightest touch :|

:|

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
it's because i'm wasn't here!

...now the party can begin.

oh and lights matchup video thing is an awesome idea.
way more effective than a random ratio.

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Luzluzluz!~!~! I care to disagree somewhat, because it lacks some of what MU discussion gives you. Every possible detailed scenario at top-level play. I'm assuming every1 I play is not top level, and everything I do is certainty not perfect, but it does give you a great general idea of how to play and what you should do.

Oh and DarkAura, I liked your blue sig much better.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
i think the general idea is pretty much all most people should need.
i just like figuring out the details by myself.

Sukai

Smash Champion
I can't speak for NKB, but I will certainly not reprank you. Traitor. Dropping Brawl, PAH.
It's a good thing I didn't ask you, huh?
What can I say, Brawl sucks, WiFi sucks, and I earned the resentment of most of my local smashers.

Not much reason to keep smashing.

On the other side of the paradigm, My bestest friend plays Blazblue and I even have gotten attention from really good players to root for me even though I main one of the most hated characters in the game--Arakune.

Grass is Greener on this side.

None the less, i said I'd return to Brawl--If any of you can beat me in BB.

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
Taokaka ***** your face :3

How about I get on my friend's ps3 sometime and fight you then Knux?

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
It's a good thing I didn't ask you, huh?
What can I say, Brawl sucks, WiFi sucks, and I earned the resentment of most of my local smashers.

Not much reason to keep smashing.

On the other side of the paradigm, My bestest friend plays Blazblue and I even have gotten attention from really good players to root for me even though I main one of the most hated characters in the game--Arakune.

Grass is Greener on this side.

None the less, i said I'd return to Brawl--If any of you can beat me in BB.
I'll play you tomorrow.

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
:O reverse shines eh? Haven't heard about that.

I also use Uair with Fox, though it doesn't matter because he gets KOed by the lightest touch :|

:|
I dont know.... I survive at ******** percents like

lol once again when I post silence forever xDD

Sukai

Smash Champion
Taokaka ***** your face :3

How about I get on my friend's ps3 sometime and fight you then Knux?
Sorry, I'm Xbox.
Do you play it on XBox or PS3?

If you play it on the 360, I'll be challenging you once I got into the game when it's released here.
Sweet, can't wait.
I'll play you tomorrow.
XBL: l1Skye1l
Just to know, who do you main?
knux is gonna get waxed by nkb!!!!
No comment.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
If it was up to me, then you'd cry tonight.
And when it's up to you, you kiss yourself goodbye.

Curaga

Smash Ace
I need other Foxes to test reverse shine vs rising forward air for DI.

Method 1: DI hard, up-air, immediately rising forward air (Curaga style)
Method 2: DI hard, up air, immediately reverse shine, fastfall/jump
Method 3: DI hard, up-air, jump, reverse shine whatever

I've been working on it and so far 50% of the time in intense stressful situations I side B to my death lol

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Ima get on AIM now TJoe.

And DI is important and all, but if you put so much effort into you end up killing yourself, I wouldn't say it's worth it. Either you practice to make sure it's 100% possible, or just do whatever sustains you the longest by your own limits.

Curaga

Smash Ace
Well the benefit is that reverse shine seems STOP me. In mid-air.

Where as rising forward air I can still kill myself off the top or continue flying backwards a little to the blast zone.

I've been surviving to stupidly high percents recently (140-160% just with up-air, rising forward air) and its been really turning the tides for me, especially in teams. I want to perfect myself and just have to personally be more tame with the D-stick so I don't push it too far horizontally and illusion prematurely.

Zephil

Smash Ace
... Ok I have A LOT to read but I would read it later, right now I need your help guys, I am fighting vs a **** T.O. that is making a horrible tourney (the same i talked some months ago) and the problem is that the tourney have a lot of publicity and if this tourneys sucks the community here may torn apart, so please read this blog a comment in it please

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=37527

ok later I would make my little spam respect the topic right now here, but right now please help me here!!

SCOTU

Smash Hero
so, it just occurred to me that the fox boards may be interested in a project i'm working on in my free time.

It's an MMO RPG called Super Turbo Loli Extreme, and features the best of PSO, Pokemon, Card Battles, Touhou, and Lolis.

who wouldn't want to play a game called Super Turbo Loli Extreme?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, first of all, you may want to change up your strategy.

calling them noobs and other insults right in front of them isn't going to accomplish anything.
try to talk it out in a peaceful manner; use logic.
if they don't comply don't go.
most people who are loyal to the game aren't going to stop playing completely just because someone wants to ruin it.
maybe your crew could try to make your own tournaments?
if they're good tournaments, well planned out, etc. then you'll start to gain publicity and more and more people will show.

so, it just occurred to me that the fox boards may be interested in a project i'm working on in my free time.

It's an MMO RPG called Super Turbo Loli Extreme, and features the best of PSO, Pokemon, Card Battles, Touhou, and Lolis.

who wouldn't want to play a game called Super Turbo Loli Extreme?
i have never been so interested in a game in my whole life.

Zephil

Smash Ace
I love now more Light!! his comment in my blog is the best!!! thanks Light!!

oh and Spelt thanks for the advice, I checked what I wrote again and change some words... now it doesnt look offensive... I think so

PS. SCOTU, Asdioh thanks a lot people... your comments are really good

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I dont know.... I survive at ******** percents like
Aren't Kirby and Fox almost the exact same weight or whatever? I seem to live a lot longer by DI with Kirby than I do with Fox.
I dunno though.

... Ok I have A LOT to read but I would read it later, right now I need your help guys, I am fighting vs a **** T.O. that is making a horrible tourney (the same i talked some months ago) and the problem is that the tourney have a lot of publicity and if this tourneys sucks the community here may torn apart, so please read this blog a comment in it please

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=37527

ok later I would make my little spam respect the topic right now here, but right now please help me here!!
I did what I could.

Top Bottom