• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Oh yeah I forgot you were Xivi's product of procreation.

NKB, that song is awesome. DJ Sharpnel is the man, reminds me of my
old DDR/Stepmania days.
Lol DJ Sharpnel is actually 2 females =3

Your name is pink so it's obvious. That wouldn't be fun.

New sig coming GUYS!!!! Another anime sig no one (Cept NKB)
will get :DDDD
Lol MD is the only one who understands me!

You spelled pierced wrong =3

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
haha, don't get hit AND don't get grabbed.
lol came out of nowhere.

New sig, done in like 5 minutes since I have been designing all week xDDDD

For those of you who don't know Gurren lagaan its a super insipirational anime
and I took one of the quotes and applied it to brawl.

It has some history since Dazwa quoted me it when I was doubting my fox He
sorta slapped sense into me such as what is going on with these two characters
on the bottom.

Never give up your fox!

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
Lol DJ Sharpnel is actually 2 females =3

Lol MD is the only one who understands me!

You spelled pierced wrong =3
lol shoosh you. At least I explained my sig so no ones like
WTF

Sharpel two chicks oh SNAP!
Oh well doesn't really matter since it's techno, the people
play no important role in techno music.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
and since fox is so awesome we wouldn't even get disqualified for stalling!

Curaga

Smash Ace
Fox vs Zero Suit Sheikachu Climbers is 0:100... e_e
I'm afraid of the bolded part of the enemy's name.

Zero Suit Shiek gets wrecked by Fox. :)

30:70 At worst.

I'm sure if me and Fenrir sat down we could write a 30 page paper on why Fox is dead even with Zero Suit Sheikachu Climbers.

And then the players who don't play Zero Suit Sheikachu Climbers would come in and agrue against our amazing paper. The Zero Suit Sheikachu Climbers players would remain silent and continue to forget that Fox exists.

Since I've already peered into the future, now I don't have to write a 30 page paper.

YES! Fox wins.

I'm daunted by all the "dictionary data". I mean, it's clear that a lot of Fox is memorized combo strings. Improvising that stuff by feel just won't pay off as much as the memorization, and it can lead me to big losses if I try for something not guaranteed.
I first got involved in competitive gaming with Tekken; in Tekken there are some clear cut basics in differences between attacks and how they are used. In Tekken these applied to all characters.. because in most fighting games.. combos = good. However, in Smash.. Fox is one of the few characters that employs this ideology.

First this is first: The absolute basics. Rising forward air. Laser play. Turn-around-shinestall Understanding our speed and range. Even if you think you already have Fox down pat; revisit the basics first and everytime once again before you strive to practice a particular thing.

Rising forward air while moving either straight up or even back rather than forward. Ensure you can hop laser while staying stationary, changing directions, advancing, retreating, perfect the timing of zero lag landings. Can you reliably turn around in mid shine (holding the directional stick down and slightly left or right) while in the air to change how you will attack opponents at your sides? Just how far away can someone be before you shield/pivot/standing grab or jab them? Practice shield grabbing Metaknight's Tornado.

Then. Everything else is Tekken mind-set and categorized.

Starters/Launchers: D-air, Jab, D-tilt, D-throw, U-tilt, U-Throw so on..

These are moves that are generally the start of a string of attacks and set you up for transitions..

Transitions, the inbetweens: Anything that falls into this category can go anywhere but can also be used to move from a starter/launcher to a finisher: Double jab cancel, grab, U-tilt, N-air, F-air, Reflector.. so on.

and then you have your finishers

Finisher: D-smash, U-smash, U-air, B-air, Reflector.

These aren't definitive lists, but you get the idea. Basically what you want to practice on is.. pick a starter/launcher. Keep using this one method of launching a string of attacks and keep switching your transitions.. either aim for even more transitions or the ability to launch another string for more %, or find ways to reach the Finisher to kill your opponent.

The easiest and most effective launcher to start learning is D-air. It punishes lag, smashes, spot dodges, rolls, and jumps. Now fill in all the blanks yourself to see whats effective. D-air > U-tilt > U-tilt > D-throw > F-air? Or maybe D-air > Jab Cancel > Reflector > U-throw > B-air.

Start with a launcher and just keep tinkering with it until you feel incredibly comfortable with its versatility, and then try a new starter to play with. Everything else Fox does is punishment and laser. Easy stuff to get the hang of.

So again, synopsis, pick a launcher.. combo starting from that one move over and over.. something comfortable will come to you naturally. Keep practicing. Continue practicing. Get TOO used to that one launcher, then try a different move to begin. Try to think of scenarios where your launcher will be used.

Good luck. :)

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Moon-Doggie: who the hell do you think I am? :mad:
I haven't actually watched Tengan Toppa, I just know a couple people who have and they were like omgfozgmfigo

Curaga: nice post :O

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81O950F81rU

Omfg....watch from like 2:55 to 7:27. This is from Rebuild of Evangelion 2.0 I was SOOOO suprised someone actually posted this on youtube!

This is essentially why I am obsessed with Evangelion again.
I like how you gave it to us in spanish. Luckily I can
read and understand it. :3

DEWD THE REBUILD VERSION IS JUST PLAIN SIIIIIIICK

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
I like how you gave it to us in spanish. Luckily I can
read and understand it. :3

DEWD THE REBUILD VERSION IS JUST PLAIN SIIIIIIICK
Yeah dude no joke!!!! Rebuild is soooo good!

Like the fight scene I showed was my favorite part of the whole first two movies so far. Like music accompanied by the raising of Tokyo-3 for Shinji to re-calculate the distance from the Angel Sahaquiel, was just sheer perfection. It was so beautifully done.

Keroku

Smash Apprentice
lol Zero Suit Sheikachueegee Climbers got nuthin' on my fox :3

lol I get MD's sig, Gurren Lagann is almost as awesome as Fox.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
*Shrugs shoulders and shakes head*

"Never Knows"

=3.

I feel so facking sick...I woke up at 9:30 and have been working on sigs till like 4 where I did yard work for an hour, took a shower and then did more sig work till now.

I just puked like 15 minutes ago from fatigue. I fail....

lzulzuzluzlzulzuluzlzul~!~!~!~!!~!!!

Gonna go to bed nao.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
It's showing Teen Titans on TV. Hell yeah.
I love this show. =3

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
I went to watch the Rebuild of Evangelion video again and I would like to thank Jenkins for his insightful comment he left on the video.

luuzlzulzuzuzuzlzzuzuzul!~!~!~!~!!!!~!

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
TT had a pretty good stylization going for it it was like a mix between anime and the Warner brothers style. I liked it alot just for that

plus the characters were fresh, new and unique. Even for Robin, their take on him in a leadership role and almost batman TAS like was a very nice change of pace. I like how they also kept his eyes white against his black mask, reminds me alot of batman TAS

Same could be said about the villains too. You had the weird funny ones[the magician guy], the really SERIOUS guy [Slate] and the anti team titans[Brotherhood]

Top Bottom