• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Favorite Zelda Game Poll

What is your favorite Zelda Game?

• Total voters

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman
WW is hundreds of years after OoT, and the Deku Sprout, after taking the Deku Tree's place, is also underwater. The Deku Tree in WW is a completely different one, obviously, and you can tell simply by looking at them. But the Forest Temple in TP looks like it may be the Deku Sprout, only long dead.

By OoC, did you mean OoT?
Yes i did srry for the TYPO. But yea i see your point now it is very possible that it is not the sprout. but in TP there wouldent be a sprout because it is part of the child timeline there fore the sprout wouldent be there. But there is a guy i know that says if you finish TP and talk to people in the citys that dont look like they should be there they give you clues and the final clue leads you to faron woods and you see the first deku trees remains he said you could see the face . do you know anything about that? ( NOTHING ON GOOGLE :p)

One thing I dont get is why the master ssword is where the lost woods are i thought that was the old hyrules church ramains so why is it there?:urg:

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Yes i did srry for the TYPO. But yea i see your point now it is very possible that it is not the sprout. but in TP there wouldent be a sprout because it is part of the child timeline there fore the sprout wouldent be there. But there is a guy i know that says if you finish TP and talk to people in the citys that dont look like they should be there they give you clues and the final clue leads you to faron woods and you see the first deku trees remains he said you could see the face . do you know anything about that? ( NOTHING ON GOOGLE :p)

One thing I dont get is why the master ssword is where the lost woods are i thought that was the old hyrules church ramains so why is it there?:urg:
Yeah. you can get the Triforce in OoT too

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman
Yes, he would. The Deku Tree originally died in the child timeline, so the Sprout would be present in both timelines.
I guess so. but where is the deku tree in TP? I wanted to know what this guy was saying is true he said after you finish the game you back track to a point of finding the duku trees remains ( like i said earlyer) or is he BS ing?

Spire

III
BRoomer
I guess so. but where is the deku tree in TP? I wanted to know what this guy was saying is true he said after you finish the game you back track to a point of finding the duku trees remains ( like i said earlyer) or is he BS ing?
The Forest Temple in TP is the Great Deku Tree's remains. It's based inside of a giant, dead tree and features round doors with the Kokiri symbol on them. It's also highly theorized that the monkeys are actually the Kokiri. I can explain more later.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
The Forest Temple in TP is the Great Deku Tree's remains. It's based inside of a giant, dead tree and features round doors with the Kokiri symbol on them. It's also highly theorized that the monkeys are actually the Kokiri. I can explain more later.
Actually, I think since the Deku Tree died in both timelines, the Deku Sprout grew in both timelines, and the Forest Temple (TP) is the Deku Sprout's remains. They even look remotely similar (I wanted to provide images, but I couldn't find a decent image of the Forest Temple). I also agree that the monkeys are the Kokori; theoretically, they also evolved into the Koroks, meaning that the monkeys and the Koroks are a parallel race.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
But there were monkeys in Majora's mask so I don't think the Kokori devolved into monkeys. Everyone talks about the alternate timeline but has anyone thought about the parrallel worlds like Terminia? There could be in a sense multiple Hyrules and Links through that way.

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman
But there were monkeys in Majora's mask so I don't think the Kokori devolved into monkeys. Everyone talks about the alternate timeline but has anyone thought about the parrallel worlds like Terminia? There could be in a sense multiple Hyrules and Links through that way.
There is different types of monkey races in our world i hope you realise and I dont see what the terminian monkeys have to do with the ones in TP.

@ SpireIV But was the forest temple in OoT a tree if it was not then you could be right but whare i am going with this is that why would they move the forest temple if the deku seed or tree is the forest temple. What happened to the temple from OoT???

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
They are not the same race. The parallel world of Termina including monkeys is only evidence that the Kokiri of Hyrule could have evolved into monkeys later on.

@ SpireIV But was the forest temple in OoT a tree if it was not then you could be right but whare i am going with this is that why would they move the forest temple if the deku seed or tree is the forest temple. What happened to the temple from OoT???
Separate your sentences please. The monkeys live in the Faron Woods area, which is theoretically the remains of Kokiri Forest. Just because they both use the name "Forest Temple" doesn't mean they're the same location. They obviously are nothing alike. I think the Sacred Grove is the Lost Woods and Sacred Forest Meadow, and the OoT Forest Temple is long gone, hidden somewhere inaccessible in the forest.

Spire

III
BRoomer
There is different types of monkey races in our world i hope you realise and I dont see what the terminian monkeys have to do with the ones in TP.

Here's the deal:

We all know that Termina is in an alternate universe to Hyrule and that most everyone in Hyrule had some kind of a counterpart in Termina, yes? The Humans/Hylians had theirs in Clock Town, the Deku Scrubs had theirs in the Southern Swamp, the Gorons had theirs in Snowhead, the Zora had theirs in the Great Bay, and the Gerudo had theirs in the Pirate Fortress.

So that brings up two missing people: the Sheikah and the Kokiri. It is highly supported that Ikana Canyon is the counterpart to Kakariko since both house the dead, both have graveyards, both have music-box related buildings that are connected to the flow of water via the Song of Storms (Windmill Hut and Music Box House), AND both have wells. We know that the Sheikah once inhabited Kakariko and the Ikana (if that was their name), Ikana Canyon, but both are missing. It is obvious that they are counterparts.

Now, let's look at the Kokiri situation. The Deku Scrubs in OoT inhabited the Lost Woods with really no cultural structure, while the Kokiri had their own forest-town. In MM [conversely] the Deku Scrubs have their own cultural structure and the Kokiri? Wild denizens lost to the wilderness in the Woods of Mystery. Remember, the Deku Tree said that the Kokiri would become Skull Kids if they left their forest for the Lost Woods. Well Hyrule was a different type of world. The Woods of Mystery (the obvious counterpart to the Lost Woods) is in a swamp ungoverned by a Deku Tree, so the Kokiri never had a guardian. Instead, they took the feral forms of monkeys. Not devolution, rather adaption. Kokiri are not children, they are forest spirits that take different forms to adapt to their environment. In Twilight Princess, the Deku Tree had already died, but a new tree did not sprout because that only happened in the Adult Timeline. Naturally, the Kokiri would lose their guidance and fall prey to the overgrowing vegetation of the forest, which for a century developed into the Faron Woods. They assume the forms of monkeys just as their counterparts in Termina did at least one hundred years prior to adapt. Again, the Forest Temple in TP HIGHLY resembles the Great Deku Tree's remains, and over one hundred years, it makes sense that much would deteriorate.

And about the Forest Temples in OoT and TP. They are obviously different. The one in OoT is a haunted museum located deep in the woods, while the one in TP, like I said, is the Great Deku Tree's remains.

Hope that clears the issue up.

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman
Here's the deal:

We all know that Termina is in an alternate universe to Hyrule and that most everyone in Hyrule had some kind of a counterpart in Termina, yes? The Humans/Hylians had theirs in Clock Town, the Deku Scrubs had theirs in the Southern Swamp, the Gorons had theirs in Snowhead, the Zora had theirs in the Great Bay, and the Gerudo had theirs in the Pirate Fortress.

So that brings up two missing people: the Sheikah and the Kokiri. It is highly supported that Ikana Canyon is the counterpart to Kakariko since both house the dead, both have graveyards, both have music-box related buildings that are connected to the flow of water via the Song of Storms (Windmill Hut and Music Box House), AND both have wells. We know that the Sheikah once inhabited Kakariko and the Ikana (if that was their name), Ikana Canyon, but both are missing. It is obvious that they are counterparts.

Now, let's look at the Kokiri situation. The Deku Scrubs in OoT inhabited the Lost Woods with really no cultural structure, while the Kokiri had their own forest-town. In MM [conversely] the Deku Scrubs have their own cultural structure and the Kokiri? Wild denizens lost to the wilderness in the Woods of Mystery. Remember, the Deku Tree said that the Kokiri would become Skull Kids if they left their forest for the Lost Woods. Well Hyrule was a different type of world. The Woods of Mystery (the obvious counterpart to the Lost Woods) is in a swamp ungoverned by a Deku Tree, so the Kokiri never had a guardian. Instead, they took the feral forms of monkeys. Not devolution, rather adaption. Kokiri are not children, they are forest spirits that take different forms to adapt to their environment. In Twilight Princess, the Deku Tree had already died, but a new tree did not sprout because that only happened in the Adult Timeline. Naturally, the Kokiri would lose their guidance and fall prey to the overgrowing vegetation of the forest, which for a century developed into the Faron Woods. They assume the forms of monkeys just as their counterparts in Termina did at least one hundred years prior to adapt. Again, the Forest Temple in TP HIGHLY resembles the Great Deku Tree's remains, and over one hundred years, it makes sense that much would deteriorate.

And about the Forest Temples in OoT and TP. They are obviously different. The one in OoT is a haunted museum located deep in the woods, while the one in TP, like I said, is the Great Deku Tree's remains.

Hope that clears the issue up.
Then where is the great deku sprout?

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Here's the deal:Remember, the Deku Tree said that the Kokiri would become Skull Kids if they left their forest for the Lost Woods.
You've got this confused. Kokiri cannot leave into Hyrule Field, and Hyrulians cannot enter the Lost Woods. Saria, Mido, and some other random Kokiri girl went into the Lost Woods.

Learn to read: In Twilight Princess, the Deku Tree had already died, but a new tree did not sprout because that only happened in the Adult Timeline.
This can't be true, though, because the Great Deku Tree died before the timeline split, which means he is dead in both timelines, so the Sprout will grow in both timelines. Besides, TP's Forest Temple resembles the Sprout moreso than the Deku Tree. Learn to read:

Actually, I think since the Deku Tree died in both timelines, the Deku Sprout grew in both timelines, and the Forest Temple (TP) is the Deku Sprout's remains. They even look remotely similar...

Spire

III
BRoomer
You've got this confused. Kokiri cannot leave into Hyrule Field, and Hyrulians cannot enter the Lost Woods. Saria, Mido, and some other random Kokiri girl went into the Lost Woods.
I'm just going to quote Zelda Wiki for this one:
It is said that non-Kokiri who enter the woods become Stalfos upon getting lost.[1] However, there is speculation about whether or not Kokiri or Hylian children turn into Skullkids. It is more possible to believe that the Kokiri turn into Skull Kids, due to the fact that they stay children for their whole lives, but also Stalfos never appear within the Lost Woods.
The Skull Kids resemble Kokiri far more than normal children.

This can't be true, though, because the Great Deku Tree died before the timeline split, which means he is dead in both timelines, so the Sprout will grow in both timelines. Besides, TP's Forest Temple resembles the Sprout moreso than the Deku Tree. I posted this earlier, actually, so speak for yourself when you tell someone else to learn how to read.
You mean to say that a giant, dead tree temple looks more like a healthy, younger Deku Tree than what could have become of the Great Deku Tree's remains? This reminds me of the scene from The Dark Knight where what's his face approaches Lucious Fox and tries to present enough evidence to blackmail Bruce Wayne.

And yes, the Great Deku Tree died before the timeline split, which means its dead in both timelines... so wouldn't it make sense for the Forest Temple in TP to be the Great Deku Tree's remains? Besides, why would the new sprout just grow into a large temple rather than a living Deku Tree as seen in WW? The sprout obviously survived in the Adult Timeline (because that's when we see it actually grow), but there is absolutely no evidence for it ever growing in the Child Timeline, and since TP is parallel to WW, one would assume that it would live during that time -- but it doesn't.

Also: why would the sprout even die so soon? The Great Deku Tree had to have been hundreds of years old and would have continued living if not for Ganondorf unleashing the Gohma to prey on him. All you're doing is assuming with absolutely no proof. You've assumed that:
1) the Deku Tree sprout grows in the Child Timeline, and
2) the Deku Tree sprout grows - in only a century's time - to a massive size then somehow dies and corrodes fast enough to become the Forest Temple in TP.

What kind of warped logic is this?

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings

You mean to say that a giant, dead tree temple looks more like a healthy, younger Deku Tree than what could have become of the Great Deku Tree's remains? This reminds me of the scene from The Dark Knight where what's his face approaches Lucious Fox and tries to present enough evidence to blackmail Bruce Wayne.

And yes, the Great Deku Tree died before the timeline split, which means its dead in both timelines... so wouldn't it make sense for the Forest Temple in TP to be the Great Deku Tree's remains? Besides, why would the new sprout just grow into a large temple rather than a living Deku Tree as seen in WW? The sprout obviously survived in the Adult Timeline (because that's when we see it actually grow), but there is absolutely no evidence for it ever growing in the Child Timeline, and since TP is parallel to WW, one would assume that it would live during that time -- but it doesn't.

Also: why would the sprout even die so soon? The Great Deku Tree had to have been hundreds of years old and would have continued living if not for Ganondorf unleashing the Gohma to prey on him. All you're doing is assuming with absolutely no proof. You've assumed that:
2) the Deku Tree sprout grows - in only a century's time - to a massive size then somehow dies and corrodes fast enough to become the Forest Temple in TP.

I still don't understand how you/ZeldaWiki can believe that if Mido, Saria, and some other Kokiri survived the Lost Woods with no problem that they become Skullkids. The Skullkid must be a Hylian child of some sort. Note he does not wear green. How does that resemble Kokiri more than Hylian?

Since TP is parallel to WW, it takes place many centuries after OoT, not just one. Besides, you just assumed that the Deku Tree is hundreds of years old in OoT without evidence. The Sprout grows, whether there is evidence or not, because that's just common sense, and forms what we see as TP's Forest Temple. And when did you decide the Forest Temple was corroded? It simply looks like an old, large tree in my opinion. Also, it is the same color and shape of the Deku Sprout, only much larger. Nothing tells us it's dead, either, except that it doesn't talk. It could be dead, or it might just not talk. But there is no evidence to determine if it's alive or dead, so don't use that assumption as evidence.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Phantom, this debate has inspired me to do something good for this room. We'll continue in a bit :)

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman

Well the reason I think its dead is because, umm if ya didnt notice it has been cut so is it just me of do other people side with me when i say, cut down trees ( ordin villagers or zants doing) dont seem to stay alive:chuckle:

It would also make scence if zant or ganondorf where the ones who ordered to cut it down because, they wouldent want this tree helping the new hero just like in anciant times (OoT) Ganondorf had already experianced this because of the events of OoT.

P.S You can tell it has been cut because of the growing plants over the flat top of it.( like it has been cut down like that for a while).

Spire

III
BRoomer
Ganondorf was sealed within the Twilight Realm and Zant had not invaded Faron Woods yet.

It is interesting that the tree over the main island at Lake Hylia (the one with Lanayru's shrine at its base) is also broken though. This was the same tree on the island in OoT and it seemed to grow exponentially by the time of its death. Perhaps it was some sort of Deku Tree?

Anyways, take discussion to the Debate thread.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
The whole monkey aspect is one possible theory but I don't see them turn to monkies in some weird evolution. The main reason is that the monkies in Termina look very similar to the ones in TP. Termina and Hyrule were not perfect alternate worlds. Also Link wasn't the only one who could cross the world. The mask salesman and Kaepora were from OOT and knew Link as the hero. So the monkey could cross over too or there were alternate monkes that we didn't notice.

Now the Kokiri said they would died if they left the forest but in the end of OOT they were shown at the party in Lon Lon Ranch. I could be that when they left they would begin to age (essentially begin dying). So they could have left and grew up again.

Another theory is that the Kokiri were a secluded people and when the people of Ordon moved into the woods they would flee to go back deeper into the woods (where link couldn't access because he's an adult).

A sadder theory would be when the Great Deku died (with no sprout planted) and Link left the were unprotected and the Deku and wild came in they either fled or were wiped out.

Another thing is that Ordon is not even in the Kokiri forest. This is shown at the location of the Temple of Time. It was in the fadon woods which means that Fadon woods is where the OOT hyrule use to be.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Another theory is that the Kokiri were a secluded people and when the people of Ordon moved into the woods they would flee to go back deeper into the woods (where link couldn't access because he's an adult).
This is quite an interesting statement. I think that when the people of Ordon settled in that area, the Kokiri moved deeper into the forest, and eventually evolved into monkeys to adapt to their surroundings in the deep woods.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
This is quite an interesting statement. I think that when the people of Ordon settled in that area, the Kokiri moved deeper into the forest, and eventually evolved into monkeys to adapt to their surroundings in the deep woods.
Uh, isn't TP like 100 years after OoT? You can't evolve that fast, last time I checked. I think it's a lot more like the Kokiris lost eternal youth after the new Deku Tree died because for whatever reason, there wasn't another Deku Tree after that.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Uh, isn't TP like 100 years after OoT? You can't evolve that fast, last time I checked. I think it's a lot more like the Kokiris lost eternal youth after the new Deku Tree died because for whatever reason, there wasn't another Deku Tree after that.
I agree, evolution takes a lot longer then a few 100 years. I don't know about loosing their eternal youth when the Deku tree died. If that was true then they would be adults when Link became an adult in OOT. But it doesn't mean they left the forest and then they started to age.

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman
But you must remember, this is a fantasy game. We arent talking about people here, we are talking about magical sprite children of the forest who can easyly adapt to there surroundings.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Actually, the Kokiri evolved into Koroks in the WW timeline, so to maintain consistency with the parallel events of each timeline, they would have had to evolve into the monkeys. Besides, I'm pretty sure it was several centuries, not just 100 years, between OoT and WW and TP, since they occurred simultaneously in parallel timelines.

Also, there was a Deku Tree after that. Remember the Deku Sprout? That's probably TP's Forest Temple, or at least part of it. Remember, he grew in both timelines because the Deku Tree died before the timeline split.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Actually, the Kokiri evolved into Koroks in the WW timeline, so to maintain consistency with the parallel events of each timeline, they would have had to evolve into the monkeys. Besides, I'm pretty sure it was several centuries, not just 100 years, between OoT and WW and TP, since they occurred simultaneously in parallel timelines.
Mind you, the Koroks are sentient beings that have a complex verbal language. Much more intelligent than monkeys, and the WW Dekuu Tree says the Kokiris took the form of the Koroks - it is very possible that they could revert back to Kokiri at will.

Also, there was a Deku Tree after that. Remember the Deku Sprout? That's probably TP's Forest Temple, or at least part of it. Remember, he grew in both timelines because the Deku Tree died before the timeline split.
I specifically refer to that Dekuu tree in my post <3 Reread it. I was suggesting that the Dekuu Sprout died in the Child Timeline for some reason.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Mind you, the Koroks are sentient beings that have a complex verbal language. Much more intelligent than monkeys, and the WW Dekuu Tree says the Kokiris took the form of the Koroks - it is very possible that they could revert back to Kokiri at will.
Revert back to Kokiri at will? Okay. I'm willing to believe that. :laugh:

I remember that quite well. It doesn't mean they didn't evolve at all. The Zoras obviously evolved into the Rito. Do you think they can revert back to Zoras at any given time? Just like the monkeys in TP, Koroks and Rito have evolved to adapt to their surroundings -- they can now both fly to travel over water.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I remember that quite well. It doesn't mean they didn't evolve at all. The Zoras obviously evolved into the Rito. Do you think they can revert back to Zoras at any given time? Just like the monkeys in TP, Koroks and Rito have evolved to adapt to their surroundings -- they can now both fly to travel over water.
Well, there's a key difference in the speculated Zora to Rito evolution than the Kokiri to Monkey evolution. Nowhere in the game does it mention Rito's having anything to do with the Zora's, where alternatively, it explicitly says that the Kokiri took the form of the Koroks. You can't say that just because we can assume the evolution of the Zora's that we can assume a Kokiri evolution - there's really no proof to back it up. In WW, they choose the form of Koroks. In TP, they probably just grew up. They didn't regress into monkeys.

Though, if you can show me where in TP that evidence is provided for the Monkey evolution, I'll gladly believe you. I just don't think that evidence exists.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Actually the Rito and the Koroks have been confirmed to have evolved from the Zora and the Kokiri. [1]
Originally Posted by Eiji Aonuma
"We created the Rito as the evolved form of the Zora that appeared in "Ocarina of Time" and the Korogs as what the Kokiri became once they left the forest. They appear different, but they have inherited their blood."
And this quote:
"Well then, Link... These are the Koroks, the spirits of the forest. Once upon a time, long ago, the Koroks took on human forms, but when they came to live on the sea, they took these shapes. Now they fear people...but to me, they will ever be my cherished little children." —Great Deku Tree
This proves that the Kokiri were simply human forms, not their natural forms, just as the Koroks are the hollowed wooden forms and the monkeys, well, monkey forms.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Alright, I accept that. Spire just needs to write a massive Zelda encyclopedia haha

But uh, still wondering why we think the Kokiri's regressed into monkey's in TP.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
I did not know Rito were evolved form of the Zora's from Ocarina of time. To be honest, that's a shame to me. The Rito were cool, but they weren't as graceful as the Zora, or this(epic):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4cD-gblAa8
Also, I don't believe in the slightest that Kokiri's turned into monkeys. I think they're just Monkey's. Kokiri's always had a source(Great Deku Tree)...and, I don't know how to word what I'm getting at, but I don't believe it. I'm with Skyler.

*BTW, does anyone love the Ganon Final boss theme (OoT) as much as me? It is sooo epic...especially the drums.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Now the Koroks were changed by the Deku's power but in the child version the sprout never came so they couldn't evolved. And we also assume that Koriki have some magic abilities but besides Sara's telepathic communication none of them showed any abilities beyond normal kids.

As for the Rito's I don't believe they evolved from Zoras. I know Meldii's sage was a zora but i makes no sense. We could assume that the zoras were freshwater being meaning they would die if in contact with saltwater but what about the Majora's Mask Zora's? They could survive saltwater and thrived in it. Also I've never played Phantom Hourglass or Spirit tracks but isn't there Zora's in those games.

No I really believe that the Rito evolved from the Shiekahs (or mostly). They have red eyes like Shiek and Impa and they come from death mountain (The Shiekahs came from Karkario village). Also before they got wings they said they use grappling hooks to get around (can we say ninja moves?). But they're not a direct relations as shown with the postman who says he comes from a long line of mailman (the postman from OOT). I don't think Zoras and humans can breed (the whole external fertilization thing).

Spire

III
BRoomer
The support for the Monkeys being feral transformations of the Kokiri stems from a partnership between their roles in both MM and TP. In MM, there were equivalent races of every race from Hyrule, even the Sheikah. Both the Sheikah and the Ikana were absent from Hyrule and Termina and both lived in villages with a well, a music-box related building (Windmill Hut and Music Box House), and a graveyard. In the forest region of Hyrule, the Kokiri lived in their own village, the Kokiri Forest, and the Deku Scrubs lived in the wild Lost Woods. In Termina (remember, designed oppositely of Hyrule), the Deku Scrubs lived in their village, the Deku Palace, and the Kokiri? Well the Kokiri had no leadership, no Deku Tree, so they took the wild forms of monkeys and lived in the Woods of Mystery (equivalent of Lost Woods).

A century or so later based again in Hyrule, the monkeys reappear in very similar apperances. What again is missing though? A Deku Tree to lead the Kokiri. This is why I believe the monkeys are the Kokiri.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
The support for the Monkeys being feral transformations of the Kokiri stems from a partnership between their roles in both MM and TP. In MM, there were equivalent races of every race from Hyrule, even the Sheikah. Both the Sheikah and the Ikana were absent from Hyrule and Termina and both lived in villages with a well, a music-box related building (Windmill Hut and Music Box House), and a graveyard. In the forest region of Hyrule, the Kokiri lived in their own village, the Kokiri Forest, and the Deku Scrubs lived in the wild Lost Woods. In Termina (remember, designed oppositely of Hyrule), the Deku Scrubs lived in their village, the Deku Palace, and the Kokiri? Well the Kokiri had no leadership, no Deku Tree, so they took the wild forms of monkeys and lived in the Woods of Mystery (equivalent of Lost Woods).

A century or so later based again in Hyrule, the monkeys reappear in very similar apperances. What again is missing though? A Deku Tree to lead the Kokiri. This is why I believe the monkeys are the Kokiri.
If your going for opposity of Termina and Hyrule then wouldn't that make the Deku the counter parts of the Kokiri?

Plus besides Sera no other Kokiri showed any magical abilites (much less shapeshift). Link showed more power and magic then the Kokiri from the start of the game and he was just a Hylian child.

Top Bottom