• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite CP's ???

shlike

Smash Ace
Well it really depends what character I'm up against but in general I usually go with Rainbow, brinstar, and lylat.

p.s. I hate Japes with a passion.

ohaiduhg

Smash Lord
Delfino Plaza, Final Destination and Lylat Cruise.

Final Destination is owning grounds for her Whip. That's why I counterpick it against Pit.

I hate Rainbow Cruise, and I'm glad people are afraid to pick that against her. lol

<_<
>_>

I second that hatred for Jungle Japes.

Snakeee

Smash Master
The same exact ones you said, and Rainbow Cruise by FAR. No one lets me pick it now though :(. I also love Norfair, but that's hardly ever allowed.

shlike

Smash Ace
FD is growing on me as a neutral, but I dont think I'd ever use it as a cp. pick stages that force your opponenent in the air so you can beast them.

I used to love norfair because of the spacing and platforms and what not, but every time there is lava shenanigans( minus the huge wave) I tend to lose control of the stage, and that gets a bit frustrating. I also need more RC practice. D-air spikes ftw,

ohaiduhg

Smash Lord
Norfair seems to be more of a drawn out battle against lava and air camping than anything. Wouldn't its use be limited to characters such as Sonic and Bowser? It's like she holds her own on Norfair enough so others can't counterpick it on her, but ZSS counterpicking Norfair sounds weird.:p

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I <3 Norfair, but FL is going to start going by national stages... I guess I gotta learn RC now... Too bad the only people I will play there are ESAM (Pikachu) and Seibrik (MK). Yay for practice against people who are amazing there!

Negi Kun1

Smash Cadet
I also should learn RC, seems like a good place to takes lots of people. I've also never tried Lylat but I'll give it a shot.

My favorite CPs are Brinstar and PS1.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Against campers: Brinstar/Norfair.

Against characters I can outcamp: FD/Smashville.

Against spacies: PS1 (lol)

Negi Kun1

Smash Cadet

I like the layout of your picks. I'll put them to mind when I fight said categories. Although I like PS1 for certain matchups.

I just find PS1 useful, for me anyways. The basic start of it is kinda like BF without the top platform, so I can still space well and make use of the platforms, and when the terrain changes, I've grown used to all the different terrain and have found them all quite useful, although I don't find the forest area all that useful compared to the rock or wooded area. Windmill area is pretty useful too.

I usually go brinstar but I have found this stage pretty useful too.

shlike

Smash Ace

I can understand why you'd go FD for some matchups, but smashville??

its somewhat harder to space on the account of it being such a small stage, and even though you can outcamp them it isn't that hard for them to chase you across stage.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I can understand why you'd go FD for some matchups, but smashville??

its somewhat harder to space on the account of it being such a small stage, and even though you can outcamp them it isn't that hard for them to chase you across stage.
I've always felt that it's relatively large. Furthermore, it limits approach options whenever your opponent's away from the platform.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Brinstar against slower and/or stage control kinds of people. Can work against projectile campers too.

Rainbow can also work against these kinds of people, depends what kind of mood I'm in.

Pokemon stadium only if I feel like being a douche bag and running the clock (she's actually not bad at it)

Battlefield is always good too but it just feels like a Brinstar just more well known.

I definitely like Brinstar the most though and I think it's her best stage overall. There are so many stupid things you can do there with the suit pieces, it's small which helps against camping, has close blast zones to lessen the survivability gap against heavies (everyone's gonna be dying by 120), acid/lava gets them into the air, you can tether bounce, and some other things as well.

Hence

Smash Ace
Rainbow Cruise and Brinstar are practically universal counterpicks with the exception of a few characters on Brinstar.

Smashville - Ice Climbers (If I've exausted Brinstar or my opponent has banned Brinstar.)

Pokemon Stadium 1 - Non-Projectile characters/maybe if RC is banned.

:037:

ohaiduhg

Smash Lord
No one has said Yoshi's Island: Brawl. I forgot about it.:p

The level has close in edges for horizontal killing and the stage is flat on the sides so people can't weasel around her Dsmash.

Theoritcally speaking, wouldn't the Dsmash->DownB Spike be somewhat more viable here with the uneven leveling allows more variety in angling and the Ghost Platform that pops up saves you from a possible gimp?

If that gets proven, wouldn't that make YIB the best ZSS level? Or can someone link me to a video? If not I have a Gamebridge and can test it out and show the results if they are really exceptional.:p

Edit: + The center midair platform allows possible UpB combos... or maybe Nair?
2nd Edit: + if she gets hit off horizontally she can recover with untethered Plasma Whip Edge blasting (more efficiently) where the stage dips down a little bit on both ends.

Hence

Smash Ace
Theoritcally speaking, wouldn't the Dsmash->DownB Spike be somewhat more viable here with the uneven leveling allows more variety in angling and the Ghost Platform that pops up saves you from a possible gimp?
I consider Yoshi's Island ZSS' worst neutral. With that said, it's rare that I wouldn't strike this stage, much less CP it. Samus has just as great of a change to Flimp Jump Kick spike here than anywhere else. As long as you land the D-Smash, you're guarenteed the spike. ...or at least a stage spike if you've stunned them too close to the edge.

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
It's small, and the uneven ground ruins her Suit Piece game. The platform in the middle is generally pretty low, which makes glide tossing up/down towards the middle of the stage much less effective.

ohaiduhg

Smash Lord
Adding japes to my list of CPs after some thought and investigation, go on flame me.
I just hate the running water. It gets a bit luckhax-y with the random gator spiker thing.
What you said was valid, imo. She has multiple spiking places.

It's small, and the uneven ground ruins her Suit Piece game. The platform in the middle is generally pretty low, which makes glide tossing up/down towards the middle of the stage much less effective.
The Powersuit Pieces don't register with me. Anyone can use them and anyone can have them abused back.

I consider Yoshi's Island ZSS' worst neutral. With that said, it's rare that I wouldn't strike this stage, much less CP it. Samus has just as great of a change to Flimp Jump Kick spike here than anywhere else. As long as you land the D-Smash, you're guarenteed the spike. ...or at least a stage spike if you've stunned them too close to the edge.
DownB has a safety net and better angling for it.

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
The Powersuit Pieces don't register with me. Anyone can use them and anyone can have them abused back.
Just practice, especially the glide tossing. It really puts things in your favor. I don't always get a full-on lead, but I've gotten good enough with them that I almost never end up with more percentage than my opponent by the time they're gone. They often even help me get a quick KO in. Just don't chuck them all, mostly use them for zoning. Glide toss up/down, and pressure them into it with whip or something.

Anyways, this is a stage discussion thread... the uneven ground of that stage makes the pieces bounce wierd, and then they leave the stage before I want them too... if you never use the pieces, fine, but for those of us that do.... bleh.

Yankee

Smash Apprentice
My favorite is lylat. Down smashes off the platforms are win and it gives some other characters a little bit of a harder time recovering because of the tilts. Brinstar and PS1 are good, but i still despise Rainbow Cruise. Maybe its because i play mk most of the time. And that platform on YI... I hate it so much.

sasook

Smash Champion
I kinda hate counter-picking though just feels mean.
Why? lol, your opponent will not show you the same courtesy.

I definitely like Brinstar the most though and I think it's her best stage overall. There are so many stupid things you can do there with the suit pieces, it's small which helps against camping, has close blast zones to lessen the survivability gap against heavies (everyone's gonna be dying by 120), acid/lava gets them into the air, you can tether bounce, and some other things as well.
Yeah, I agree with this. Brinstar's not a bad stage at all.

Though be careful with heavies and DI lol. I lived til 229% on Brinstar yesterday with Link, it was lulz - the dude shouted at me after the match for being too cheap with not dying. rofl

This also means it's a plus for ZSS. My ZSS generally lives to about 150%-160%, and with her decent DI and momentum canceling she may not die as early as opponents may like. She is light though ._.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
At the right ledge of Brinstar I've seen bair kill a DK at 100% after the hit, decent DI, no up b braking though (it was his CP too poor guy). That's pretty **** nice. Also I usually end up taking far less damage from the acid than my opponents because I am more familiar with the stage, which also helps a great deal.

I tried picking the stage against a really campy falco player over my usual RC pick and tried a couple really stupid things that actually worked out alright. After getting a 50ish % lead I hid behind the tendril on the right side to stop his lasers and force him to approach. After I got a (really) low percent uair sky ko I spammed a couple Dsmashes on the eyeballs in the middle I pulled off a decent dsmash combo that went to around 50 before the lump on the middle right side messed me up. Said lump also stops Falco's second laser of the SHDL if he's on the right side I believe.

I still think Lylat and RC are better against Falco overall, but it was pretty funny to try this stuff out.

ohaiduhg

Smash Lord
with multicolored bandanas and capri pants
Wow, way to send me back to my middle school days.:laugh:

Pichu was an unusable suicide of a character, though.:p

And this is a counterpick discussion.XD

Is it weird that I find Battlefield confortable and Smashville crowded? There is something about SV that makes me feel closed in.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Personally, I prefer the air Brinstar and Rainbow Cruise. Funnily enough, I loved Rainbow Cruise in Melee (although I prefer pokefloats) and I loved using Brinstar in Melee teams (Darc's Jiggs + Lava = happy dazwa)

I'm not sure what I like about Brinstar, but I do know that if the opponent gets hit by the lava, their trajectory is generally easy to predict and lets you score a free d-smash. The downside of the stage is that the uneven bottom can and will mess up your grabs. I don't grab all that often so for me it's not too big of a con >_>.

Rainbow Cruise is Rainbow Cruise.

norad's talk of Jungle Japes makes me want to attempt to learn the stage, simply because I loathe having to ban it in every set I play, rather than picking a stage based upon my opponent's character. Although I'm not as Aerial Forward+B happy as I used to be when I decided with myself to forever ban the stage in sets, I still feel kind of iffy on this.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I'd like to hear why people would -pick- it. I mean, it may not be such a huge problem that you ban it every time, but picking it?

FIERCE

Smash Journeyman
My CP's are very character specific.

Against higher tiers like Falco, I take them to Rainbow Cruise if they're seemingly campy or aggressive (doesn't really matter they do horrible on this stage).

Since Snake usually bans RC I'll either go to PS1 (this will make his up-tilt semi-useless since the boundaries are very high) or Lylat Cruise because the DownSmash will stun him through the platform (+ it isn't good for his recovery).

I will ALWAYS ban Jungle Japes unless I decide to use Peach. It negates ZSS's Plasma Whip in the center platform since it will auto tether to the side platforms.

Against HIGHLY aggressive Marths (similar to MikeHAZE if you ever get the chance to play him) it's best to go to Final Destination. You need a stage that is extremely wide so you can abuse Neutral+B and Plasma Whip. (in other words, you need to camp) - because if he gets in your zone he pretty much has an answer to everything you do.

If you're playing vs. a Snake you should probably ban Halberd though. Low ceiling=no good for you.

This is off the top of my head, I'll probably add more as it comes to me. ):

Kaitou Ace

Smash Apprentice
I could understand everyone liking RC. I guess I just need practice on it because I also die from gimps on that stage @_@

I'd say my favorite CP would be Lylat because there's just a bunch of fun things you can do on Lylat. My favorite would be the understage sniping with Plasma Wire and your opponent is like wtf hax. Also, the tilt doesn't help or hurt ZSS's recovery but it definitely hurts the majority of the cast's recovery. The three platform layout is just really cool and offers ZSS enough protection and lets her Usmash and Plasma Wire camp than get into the huge air zone and kick ***.

Top Bottom