• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Anime?

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
1.Elfen lied
2.Dbz, naruto and death note are tied
3. samurai champloo
4. ghost in the shell S.A.C. & S.A.C. 2gig
5.F.M.A
6. G Gundam
7. eureka 7
8. blood+
9. Shin Chan (if that counts as an anime)
10.peacemaker
11. hitman reborn (i guess)

thats a good order. i watch more anime than that but thats what comes to mind.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
I agree!

I just finished watching Chobits, it was a really unique anime, never seen anything like it.
I've actually seen a few anime that are very much like Chobits. DearS comes to mind immediately, but I think that a regular Japanese student guy getting some kinda slavish robot/alien girl is, like, a genre.

I'm surprised that someone who likes Death Noe puts DBZ and Naruto on the same level.

courte

Smash Lord
no i wasn't joking i really don't understand wtf is up with astroboys hair
two spikes or three??!!

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
DBZ(Including dragon Ball and GT) Naruto... Bo-bo-bo-bo-howevermany"Bo"s.(Rideculous)

I cant belive that DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi III got "Best Fighting Game sequel of the year" It totaly should have been brawl.

TheSpoon

Smash Rookie
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Hajime No Ippo (Boxing)
Great Teacher Onizuka
Berserk
Initial D (minus 4th stage)
Love Hina
Gungrave

Probably the few I'm most fond of.

Cless

Smash Champion
Ugh, the Love Hina anime sucks, and the Chobits manga is way better than the anime and makes much more sense.

Everyone in this thread, go watch School Days. It's 12 episodes of "Holy crap! Did that really just happen!?" And the answer is, yes, it did.

Cless

Smash Champion
It occurred to me that I never put up favorite anime. Well, I don't really have a favorite, but a bunch that I like.

GTO, Cowboy Bebop, Excel Saga, Vandread, Evangelion, Nadesico, Golden Boy, Lupin III, Lucky Star, FMP, Beck, Genshiken, School Days, and others.

estion11

Smash Apprentice
DBZ, Cased Closed, and Full Metal were all my favorites. But theres several others.
full metal alchemist or full metal panic! ? (i like full metal panic personally)

anyways my top three in order are

1. FLCL or Fooly Cooly
2. Paranioa (sp?) Agent
3. When the Cicadas Cry or When They Cry (depending on the quality of the translation)

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
I recall making a really embarasing post in this topic over a year ago, but skimming through again I couldn't find it. Oh well

I really enjoyed Cowboy Bebop. That's pretty much they only 26-episode series I've seen. Evangelion is next, then Escaflowne, FLCL and Darker than Black.
Think I'm getting ahead of myself?

EDIT: Oh, I forgot about School Days. That's on the list too. I hear there's a nice boat

Cless

Smash Champion
I like Fruits Basket too. So what if you're a guy? A guy can't enjoy an occasional shoujo once in a while? I thought that the anime presented itself better than the manga though.

Ninja-Z

Smash Rookie
I've taken quite a liking to Full Metal Panic as of recently. I've seen all three seasons and desperately want more in the near future. Lots of anime cliches, but still addictive.

Other personal favorites are Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, NGE, .//Hack Sign (my first serious anime after a childhood of Pokemon / Yu-Gi-Oh!), and FLCL.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
I like Fruits Basket too. So what if you're a guy? A guy can't enjoy an occasional shoujo once in a while? I thought that the anime presented itself better than the manga though.
I watched it when I was 12 (I was still a little kid).

Hmm, I loved that anime. I really did wish that they had added more to the anime, though the ending and everything were heart taking and beautiful. The manga still has more stories about Akito and the Horse/Rooster cursed.

But the anime, like I said, really good.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Episode 24 and 25 are like <333333

Must see again....

To not really spam this up, I'll say I also like The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. It's hilarious, but the last episode was a little odd.

Cless

Smash Champion
Yeah, Haruhi is good, but I like Lucky Star better. I didn't think the last episode was too odd though, well, not with the stuff that had been going on earlier.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
I pretty much loved Lucky Star for it's insane humor. It was one of the craziest Shojo I've seen. So crazy, I sorta nicknamed it "The Shojo Bobobo" seeing how there were many references to other anime.

I'm sorta tied with both animes, but I'm a little bit more towards Lucky Star.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Well, I don't know about all that. It's extremely subjective. Why do you think it's so good?
Very much ahead of its time. the characters are some of the most followable. For a series not clearly labeled as "slice of life" the relation with charactersdemonstarted through this post apocalyptic war zone is uncanny.

It defined the anti hero plot. It also introduced the subjective "extremes" used in others like kare kano, serial experiments lain and Ergo proxy. This demonstration of this "extreme" was arguably the most influential movement in anime. It made new several new sub genres, and it set the bar VERY VERY high for everything following it. While it didn't make every other anime following it attempt to be extremely subjective(that would suck) it had great influence on character development and attachment in anime.

From a historical, influential and epic viewpoint there is very little that even compares to Evangelion. This is why it is the greatest of all time. Because it contributed so much(probably the most) to the anime we watch today with many of their own plot/storyline/development devices. this is the short version.

I'd say that Ghost in the shell is very much comparable to Evangelion on this level.

Cless

Smash Champion
Very much ahead of its time. the characters are some of the most followable. For a series not clearly labeled as "slice of life" the relation with charactersdemonstarted through this post apocalyptic war zone is uncanny.

It defined the anti hero plot. It also introduced the subjective "extremes" used in others like kare kano, serial experiments lain and Ergo proxy. This demonstration of this "extreme" was arguably the most influential movement in anime. It made new several new sub genres, and it set the bar VERY VERY high for everything following it. While it didn't make every other anime following it attempt to be extremely subjective(that would suck) it had great influence on character development and attachment in anime.

From a historical, influential and epic viewpoint there is very little that even compares to Evangelion. This is why it is the greatest of all time. Because it contributed so much(probably the most) to the anime we watch today with many of their own plot/storyline/development devices. this is the short version.

I'd say that Ghost in the shell is very much comparable to Evangelion on this level.
I dunno, I'd only call it slice of life up to episode 12 or 13. Everything starts to go to hell after that. What do you mean by subjective extremes though? I haven't gotten around to watching or reading the shows you've mentioned.

Top Bottom