• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Anime?

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Murder Princess
s-CRY-ed
Star Ocean EX
Bleach
D.N. Angel
Air Gear

Theres so much I wanna list... but those are my deadly favorites

I just finished the 6-episode Murder Princess, lol. I'm a guy (i don't think there's anything wrong, but anime people tend to get picked on sometimes.) Its flower power... and I like it.

(POWER TO THE PEOPLE LOL)

Who's an addict to anime? I'm not, I think, but just askin.

Cless

Smash Champion
I couldn't get into .hack//Roots because it was essentially the same thing as Sign: a giant preface to the games, and Sign was boring as hell.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Depends on your tastes, my friend.

I'm the type of guy to likes to take in information, so watching ROOTS was basically because I wanted to know the game. (but I haven't played it yet, xD)

Plus the 1st 4 .hack games; I liked.

Cless

Smash Champion
I dunno, there wasn't much there, like in Sign. All they did in Sign was talk about things. At least it had good music. That was its saving grace. Don't get me wrong, I love the games, but I like the anime to have something that I can't just read about.

Cless

Smash Champion
I kinda agree, know that I think about it.

What Roots and Sign lacks, IMO, would be action and humor. Both series were too serious and straight-to-the-point at times.
Exactly. That's my point. I could just read about all the info. If there were fights, hilarity, and kickass music, I couldn't read about that.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I dunno, I'd only call it slice of life up to episode 12 or 13. Everything starts to go to hell after that. What do you mean by subjective extremes though? I haven't gotten around to watching or reading the shows you've mentioned.

from freedictionary.com
sub·jec·tive (sb-jktv).
a. Proceeding from or taking place in a person's mind rather than the external world: a subjective decision.
b. Particular to a given person; personal: subjective experience.
2. Moodily introspective.
3. Existing only in the mind; illusory.

there were like 5 more but i figure u'd get the point by then. What I meant by subjective extremes was going to the lengths of doing character introspection very very frequently like evangelion did and even taking whole episodes to do so. I must say @ least recommend that u set aside some time to watch ghost in the shell even if its just a movie or two....

Cless

Smash Champion
I've seen them already. Haven't seen SAC or Solid State Society though.

I dunno, I just think Anno was outrageously depressed and pissed at otakus when making the show and movie, so whatever.

Cless

Smash Champion
Yeah that's fine. I just liked Eva because I identified with Shinji when I first watched (14), which is kinda sad now that I think about it.

Anyway, time to make fun of some people's incredibly generic favorite anime tastes because that's what true anime fans do! /sarcasm

Cless

Smash Champion
Oh, well then, tell him to stop copying your name, or vice versa. Well, I plan on going to the one next week barring unforeseen crazy circumstances.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
My favorite anime is gundam seed... I also like mai hime, death note, gundam seed destiny, dragon drive, and rurouni kenshin. Anyone have any suggestions for something to watch next?

Cless

Smash Champion
Umm, how about some UC Gundam? Amuro and Char > Kira and Athrun imo.

I dunno, you could try some more Jump anime too.

Cless

Smash Champion
I suppose. I dunno, generic Jump anime is getting old to me. Almost everything devolves into a straight up fighting show. Shows like Gintama are always fun though.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
My favorite anime is gundam seed... I also like mai hime, death note, gundam seed destiny, dragon drive, and rurouni kenshin. Anyone have any suggestions for something to watch next?
code gease, i've heard good things and since u like gundam you may like it.

Eureka Seven is another i'd recommend. I loved E7 but hated Code gease so if you dislike code Gease try E7 :p

vonfinell

Smash Apprentice
Vision of Escaflowne.

The end.

Give it up to them to manage to mix medieval combat with giant robots and somehow manage to make it work, as well as being the debut into the VA world of the beautiful, talented, and deadly Maaya Sakamoto.

For the Glory of Fanelia!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
besides haruhi suzumiya being my #1, i dunno how to rank the rest of my favs in order, my others are:
Tenchi Muyo 1, 2, 3
Tenchi Universe
Tenchi In Tokyo
Chobits
Ranma 1/2
Cowboy Bebop
Digimon Adventure 01 & 02
Digimon Tamers
Digimon Savers
Golden Boy

I'm currently re-watching all of Tenchi, and I'll soon get to GXP which I've never even watched before.
When I'm ready to start a new anime I'll probably go for love hina

plasmawisp6633

Smash Journeyman
i posted my fav list a while ago but its updated as of now:

1) evangelion
2) Serial Experiemnts Lain
3) FLCL
I completely agree w/ ur first two. Evangelion will never die out of my heart, and it will always by my absolute favorite. SEL is by far, the most screwed up anime I've ever seen, and I loved every bit of it's abstractness. I'm still working my way through FLCL, and I can't figure out why it's so great.

Chout

Smash Rookie
i never was an anime buff by any means, but someone once mailed me an entire series called Hunter X Hunter. It was very good and its only like 60 episodes long. I would highly recommend these to anyone becuase they were really good. The ending left it open to make more but also gave it closure, it was pretty good.

Top Bottom