• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Anime?

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I completely agree w/ ur first two. Evangelion will never die out of my heart, and it will always by my absolute favorite. SEL is by far, the most screwed up anime I've ever seen, and I loved every bit of it's abstractness. I'm still working my way through FLCL, and I can't figure out why it's so great.
i feel the same about evangelion. It changed the way i interpet/look at anime. Since then my taste has been refined and molded so much, into something that not only defines my taste but can also be perhaps a reflection of who I am. For that I thank evangelion. it opened my eyes/the doors to other series such as SEL/paranoia agent/gits/akira. I still like the funny stuff but anime with deep/confusing plots will always be my fav. give FLCL some time and try to look past the fact that its zany and random, theres symbolism and well timed sequences that are genius i swear.

Lain came the closest to taking the Eva thrown. Like I honestly had to sit there (right after watching it) and evaluate it. Lain was a fcuking masterpiece and im buying the box very very soon.

u going to pound? if so i have to meet u and talk ur head off for @ least a little bit j/k, but **** Not too often do i run into ppl with a similar top two.

Cless

Smash Champion
i never was an anime buff by any means, but someone once mailed me an entire series called Hunter X Hunter. It was very good and its only like 60 episodes long. I would highly recommend these to anyone becuase they were really good. The ending left it open to make more but also gave it closure, it was pretty good.
That anime closed nothing. They ended it in the middle of book 8 for no reason. It's not like they can go much further then they did with the OVAs though. The manga's on hiatus.

The only anime I like is Samurai Champloo, now that **** is amazing.
Bebop is better.

I dunno SwiftBass, I just watch anything that comes down the pipe. I don't really care much what genre it is or anything.

FlameHaze

Smash Rookie
Anything Ghost in the Shell, Hellsing, Full Metal Panic, Shakugan no shana, LUCKY STAR:grin:, Cowboy Bebop, Ergo Proxy, Tenjho Tenge, Samurai champloo, Elfen lied, Prism Ark, Agent Aika, and Bleach.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I made my list:

1) Kirby of the Stars/Kirby Right Back at Ya

2) Kiddy Grade

3) Naruto Shippuden

4) Mario Bros., (a classic)

5) Pokemon

courte

Smash Lord
ok i got one question i never fully watched evangelion but i've seen videos here and there so i've got to ask...
whats the secret of those giant robots?? too much blood and actual body parts... are they angels or devils or what??

plasmawisp6633

Smash Journeyman
ok i got one question i never fully watched evangelion but i've seen videos here and there so i've got to ask...
whats the secret of those giant robots?? too much blood and actual body parts... are they angels or devils or what??
The robots are supposed to be the initial purpose to the series, but it's really the screwed up minds of the main characters that matters in the end. They're filled with a fluid called LCL, which looks and smells like blood, but it's not. Funny you ask the angels and devils question, because the characters ask that same question about the Evas in the series. If you want all the spoilers in the world, you can always watch the series or...Wikipedia

Cless

Smash Champion
The evas house human souls and they're copies of Adam, the first angel. LCL is essentially the menstrual fluid of Lilith, the second angel. Shinji's mom is in Eva 01, and Asuka's mom is in Eva 02. I dunno who's in 00.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
not enough Suzumiya Haruhi fans...

That stuff is addicting. I'm even reading the light novels on 'em...
I love Suzumiya and i also read the light novels. they are awesome.

My favs are Neon Genesis Evangelion. I am a nerd over it and have so many things like the anime dvds, manga, figurines of characters and evas. :psycho:

I also love The Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Mai-Hime, and the old classics.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I used to watch Naruto. Than my inner instinct told me it started getting stupid.. Which it was so I stopped watching it. I got to say I watched the most Naruto though.

-Onyx

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
yuyu hakusho,tenchi muyo, samurai champloo, gundam(mobile suit,seed,wing), naruto, blood+, bleach, and im currently watching deathnote and its already probably my number one right now

ARX-7 Arbalest

Smash Journeyman
Temple Hills, Maryland or University of MD, Baltim
1. Full Metal Panic (I love em all, the 1st season, fumoffu, the 2nd raid, i love em)

2. Gundam (Gundam 0080, 0083, 08th MS Team, Wing, Seed, and 00)

3. Armored Troopers VOTOMS (just bought the boxset for this show, its definitely a diamond in the rough)

4. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

5. Macross

6. Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

7. Death Note

8. Code Geass

9. Ouran High School Host Club (yes im a dude but i saw this series and i was shocked, i actually enjoyed it)

10. Tengen Toppa-Gurren Lagann

11. Black Lagoon

12. Crayon Shin Chan (in the american dub...funniest anime ive ever heard)

13. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

Cless

Smash Champion
1. Full Metal Panic (I love em all, the 1st season, fumoffu, the 2nd raid, i love em)

2. Gundam (Gundam 0080, 0083, 08th MS Team, Wing, Seed, and 00)

3. Armored Troopers VOTOMS (just bought the boxset for this show, its definitely a diamond in the rough)

4. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

5. Macross

6. Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

7. Death Note

8. Code Geass

9. Ouran High School Host Club (yes im a dude but i saw this series and i was shocked, i actually enjoyed it)

10. Tengen Toppa-Gurren Lagann

11. Black Lagoon

12. Crayon Shin Chan (in the american dub...funniest anime ive ever heard)

13. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Couldn't tell you loved FMP from your name. Nope.

Ness Earthbound Genius

Smash Journeyman
Death Note. I'm not an avid fan of anime, but this show got me. I'm currently collecting all the DVDs w/ limited edition figurines (2 of 9 so far). =)

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Death Note. I'm not an avid fan of anime, but this show got me. I'm currently collecting all the DVDs w/ limited edition figurines (2 of 9 so far). =)
that show does that to people, I know very few anime fans who can honestly say that they totally dislike it. IMO that and haruhi were the two fan favorites of that year. twas a good year for new stuff.

Whenever I mention a top 3 I always forget to even think about Ghost in the shell wtf.

revised top 3

1) eva
2) serial experiemnts lain
3) Gits

yay!

Cless

Smash Champion
that show does that to people, I know very few anime fans who can honestly say that they totally dislike it. IMO that and haruhi were the two fan favorites of that year. twas a good year for new stuff.
It's not so much that I don't like Death Note. I don't like L and Kira. The only character I like is Ryuk. Everyone else in that show is stupid. Like, literally stupid.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
It's not so much that I don't like Death Note. I don't like L and Kira. The only character I like is Ryuk. Everyone else in that show is stupid. Like, literally stupid.
I dont think a case like that could ever be solved. L just made rly rly good guesses. I didn't like Misa, near, or mello. I thought L was awesome and I thought Light was corny, however
I loved kira in the series of events close to the death of L

mello/near made me stop watchig for about a week then I decided to finish the series.

Cless

Smash Champion
I dunno, L and Kira were both douchebags. L was a little more likable than Kira to me, but eh. Everyone else in the show was ******** whenever it was convenient for L or Kira except for Ryuk, which is why he's awesome.

edit: Awesome, douchebag isn't censored. I'm using that whenever possible now. :laugh:

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (Kai too and I look forward to season 3! ^.^)
Lucky Star

I also enjoy the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, InuYasha, Sailor Moon, and a few other anime.

I also hope Umineko no Naku Koro ni becomes an anime some day. (from the makers of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.)

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
same here minus the collecting. i sort of used to jsut watch whatever was on cartoon network or adult swim, but this is the first time i've really been hooked. hooray for kumby.com i've been broadening my horizon.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer

Here is me as Light from DN, I pretty much just used photoshop to change my hair from blonde to brown and added the filter because I thought it looked neat.

courte

Smash Lord
i've recently grown fond of lucky star... anyone else think Kona-Chan is cute?? not pedo cute you sick f#cks, charming cute

also i feel as though i'm not allowed to have kenshin on my list... i've seen the movies and ova's , yet i haven't read all the manga and recently found out cartoon network pooped me on that episodes... 90 of them?? why do i only seem to remember 30--up to shishioh

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
i've recently grown fond of lucky star... anyone else think Kona-Chan is cute?? not pedo cute you sick f#cks, charming cute

also i feel as though i'm not allowed to have kenshin on my list... i've seen the movies and ova's , yet i haven't read all the manga and recently found out cartoon network pooped me on that episodes... 90 of them?? why do i only seem to remember 30--up to shishioh
The Rurouni Kenshin manga is one of the best series I have ever read. It was the entire reason that I became a fan of manga/anime in the first place. Just my favorite series ever.

And Naruto, and BLEACH, and Death Note, as far as the whole thing goes.

Sgt. Frog too, because it's actually funny. :grin: And that's about it.

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
Death Note, One Piece(no more 4kids yay), Lucky Star, Rurouni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho, and others.

Planning to watch: Rozen Maiden, Eureka 7, Neon Genesis Evangeleon, Venus Vs Virus, Fate Stay Night, Trigun, Hellsing, Prince of Tennis, Zatch Bell, Black Cat, Slayers, & anything else i missed.

Cless

Smash Champion
I can't see enjoying Lucky Star unless you have an intimate knowledge of various things Japanese (culture, gaming, etc.) and have watched Haruhi, all three seasons of FMP, and Keroro Gunsou, and are familiar with Seki Tomokazu's VA work. That show'd be so boring if all the references kept flying over my head. Like, the first episode is boring as hell. No references outside Street Fighter. Just girls talking about Chocolate Cornets half the time.

courte

Smash Lord
@Cless lol i'm a sucker what can i say??

@Neolink Fate-stay Night... imho, don't expect much, but thats just me... it was based of an eroge after all, i'd probably be more interested in the Fighting game than i was in the anime

Cless

Smash Champion

@Neolink Fate-stay Night... imho, don't expect much, but thats just me... it was based of an eroge after all, i'd probably be more interested in the Fighting game than i was in the anime
Oh, I enjoy the show, but I meet all those prereqs. Like in ep 12 when the store clerks are trying to sell Kyon and Sousuke pencil board things to the customer, and Sousuke's VA and Kyon's VA are the ones trying to sell them, or in ep 16 (I think) where you see Konata working at the Cosplay Cafe and she does Haruhi's voice and Kyon and Yuki are there too, voice intact. There's also the SRW thing in ep 18 complete with FMP music and character impressions, the various Gundam references, the DQ5 reference in one of the episodes, the Fumoffu reference with the watermelon on the beach, rampant G Gundam and Domon Kasshu parodies complete with VA. So much crap happening in that series.

I mean, Konata is funny. I don't know about cute. She looks half asleep all the time. It's a cutesy show though. All the female characters are cute looking, but they somehow made Kagami look attractive despite the fact that she looks like she's 6. I think it's her eyes.

A lot of good series are made from eroge: School Days, Tsukihime, Fate/Stay Night, etc. Don't knock it.

courte

Smash Lord

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
haha loli time *enter pedobear*

lucky star has a **** load of references and stuff. i think anime is cool when alot of their comedy requires that u've seen other pieces pf their work...its like a reward for a fan. I loved FLCL because of this (and various other reasons of course)

Cless

Smash Champion
haha loli time *enter pedobear*

lucky star has a **** load of references and stuff. i think anime is cool when alot of their comedy requires that u've seen other pieces pf their work...its like a reward for a fan. I loved FLCL because of this (and various other reasons of course)
Not even their work (Haruhi, FMP, and I'm assuming Keroro Gunsou, maybe not that one though). They just reference everything ever. Konata even has a Newtype flash at one point.

courte

Smash Lord
lucky star... anyone think IF IF IF there is another season, they'll go genshiken and cover some college years?? perhaps delve into relationships?? or perhaps go back to childhood times before HS??

Top Bottom