• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Anime?

Cless

Smash Champion
lucky star... anyone think IF IF IF there is another season, they'll go genshiken and cover some college years?? perhaps delve into relationships?? or perhaps go back to childhood times before HS??
It'd be weird if all four of them went to the same collage. I could see Konata and Tsukasa going to the same collage and Kagami following them, but Miyuki would probably go elsewhere. I dunno what relationships they would delve into unless they were yuri.

I know its old but i love Gundam Wing mobile suit, It PWNs in all areas.
Gundam Wing isn't that old. Mobile Suit Gundam, now that's old.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
It'd be weird if all four of them went to the same collage. I could see Konata and Tsukasa going to the same collage and Kagami following them, but Miyuki would probably go elsewhere. I dunno what relationships they would delve into unless they were yuri.

Gundam Wing isn't that old. Mobile Suit Gundam, now that's old.
QFT 10 char lol.

Mine's probably .//hack.sign and wolf's rain, Neon Genesis Evangelion...

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
My favorite Lucky Star character is Hiyori, she comes into the later episodes for those of you who just started watching the series. ^^

And yes Lucky Star does have a lot of references... it's a shame that I started watching the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya AFTER watching Lucky Star... well actually I started watching it when I was around episode 6 or something of Lucky Star, so all the later references didn't go over my head. X3

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
Well some references still went over my head. @.@

Some of the anime referenced I didn't feel like watching and/or wasn't interested in.

Cless

Smash Champion
Well some references still went over my head. @.@

Some of the anime referenced I didn't feel like watching and/or wasn't interested in.
I dunno, it was just the little things. Like in ep 6, when Konata was talking about blowing up a watermelon with a gun and the juice getting all over you, or when they were talking about who to marry in DQ5, or when Tomokazu Seki was pushing Sousuke pencil boards and Tomokazu Sugita was pushing Kyon pencil boards at Comiket.

Cless

Smash Champion
Well, Norio Wakamoto did do the Very Melon song, and he did play Barbatos (who is quite possibly the coolest boss in any game ever). He's usually ridiculous no matter who he plays, but Tomokazu Seki is also super ridiculous.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Seiyuu:
Tomokazu Seki (i agree; ridiculous)
Tomokazu Sugita (hey, they're rivals, and they're both good IMO)
Hikaru Midorikawa (marth's seiyuu, lol. and some anime and other games)
Hirano Aya
Soichiro Hoshi (i think thats how it's said)
Kugimiya Rie
Hino Satoshi

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Ahh, a couple really good ones:

Serial Expiriements Lain (kudos above)

Ghost in the Shell (movies and SAC)

Neon Genesis Evangelion

X (series, not movie)

Grave of Fireflies

Princess Mononoke

Fullmetal Alchemist

Everything I enjoy shares common factors, namely tackling highly complex themes, and doing so gracefully. They also tend to be rather tragic, and of course, they're very well done.

If I had to choose one, I guess Lain would be my top choice, I have a weakness for Cyberpunk, and the way the story was presented, just superb.

You see, I'm not really an "anime fan" per say, being anime gives a movie or show no benefit in my mind, these are good enough to be compared favorably to my favorite live-action shows/movies, as well as books that I enjoy, otherwise, I would not bother.

courte

Smash Lord
i know this will get me banned but does anyone have a link or torrent for the tengen toppa gurren lagann ost??

The Mano Games VII

Smash Journeyman
Where I live? Why, location is a state of mind my
Mines Bragon Ball Z, I really love how well drawn they are in the manga and I thought the fight scenes were superb at times. Also the dialouges a lot better written in the manga (escpecially in the earlier sagas). Princess Mononoke was actually really good too, I really like the hero especially, he was strong, but he was stronger mentally even though he was a badass fighter who seemed like he was pretty much the strongest in the movie. I also loved the story for the characters, dialouge, and how well done it was (I seriously laughed at the part where men try to demand metal from the village where most of the warriors are women, and they decide to "give them their metal" by firing their rifles and scaring them away).

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i heard that the fansub was recorded with a camera and horrible quality. is this true? if it is i will just wait till the japanese dvd is released. i can't wait to see it.

courte

Smash Lord
watching season 1 of code geass now and episode 22... WHY!?

also whats the big secret of the evangelion series??~!!

Cless

Smash Champion
i heard that the fansub was recorded with a camera and horrible quality. is this true? if it is i will just wait till the japanese dvd is released. i can't wait to see it.
Yeah, it's not the greatest quality, but it'll do till the dvds come out. I just wanted to see it really bad.

watching season 1 of code geass now and episode 22... WHY!?

also whats the big secret of the evangelion series??~!!
Umm, there's lots. Pick one.

The EVAs are pretty much giant humans with armor, Shinji's mother's soul is in EVA 01, Asuka's mother's soul is in EVA 02, Rei is a clone of Shinji's mother and Lilith, humans are the 18th angel, EVA 01 becomes God, Asuka gets eaten by EVAs, everyone turns into LCL by the end of the movie, umm some other stuff probably.

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
Note. w/out a doubt. It's so...psychological. I needed a break from the constant battling of Bleach and Trinity Blood.

courte

Smash Lord
f#ckin sick!!

then it's officially like... number 14 of my next to watch list.

also can't wait to start code geass season 2: as soon as i stop crying

ledhead

Smash Apprentice
Fullmetal Alchemist. I have the entire series on my iPod. I tend to read more manga than watch anime, but FMA takes the lead for both categories.

The Mano Games VII

Smash Journeyman
Really? What's so great about it? From the episode I watched (It started with "why the hell did you let him get away? It's some blue guy who then tells who I was guessing was the hero about someone and how they hid something from him which kinda looked like a heart shaped gem, then some robot dude who apparently was the hero's brother, jumps out of the water and does...something that makes the hero mad and the hero just screams on and on and on...). Didn't seem so great but then again I only watched that part, so maybe I missed the good parts.

The Mano Games VII

Smash Journeyman
Really? What's so great about it? From the episode I watched (It started with "why the hell did you let him get away?" It's some blue guy who then tells who I was guessing was the hero about someone and how they hid something from him which kinda looked like a heart shaped gem, then some robot dude who apparently was the hero's brother, jumps out of the water and does...something that makes the hero mad and the hero just screams on and on and on...). Didn't seem so great but then again I only watched that part, so maybe I missed the good parts.

edit:sry for double posting

Cless

Smash Champion
Really? What's so great about it? From the episode I watched (It started with "why the hell did you let him get away? It's some blue guy who then tells who I was guessing was the hero about someone and how they hid something from him which kinda looked like a heart shaped gem, then some robot dude who apparently was the hero's brother, jumps out of the water and does...something that makes the hero mad and the hero just screams on and on and on...). Didn't seem so great but then again I only watched that part, so maybe I missed the good parts.
How are you going to judge a whole entire series based on a snippet of a random episode? If you saw the first five or so episodes and didn't like it, that'd be different.

Top Bottom