• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Anime?

Gennie

Smash Apprentice
I have liked a lot of animes, but Death Note takes the price for many reasons (at least for me)

~rh

Smash Lord
cowboy bebop...i love that show so much. one of my first anime loves.
also FLCL
i loved the characters in both anime's
Ah, yes, How can I forget those two?! They are more additions to my very long list...

Right now my favorite is The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Too good.

WoodyWiggins

Smash Journeyman
Dragonball Z, Dragonball, Paranoia Agent, Big O, Princess Tutu, Ganbare Goemon, Cowboy Bebop, Gundam 0080, Ghost in the Shell : Stand Alone Complex, Tenjou Tenge, and I think that's it . . . Super Milk Chan . . . now I think that's all.

Hi-Five

Smash Rookie
hi everyone i just started reading mangas and stuff, seeing as how all of you are talking about anime i was wondering if you guys know about any anime that is good but not well known

currently my favorites are
One Piece
FullMetal Alchemist
Naruto
Bleach
Shaman King

Cless

Smash Champion
Is nadesico good? I might give it a go if its a decent anime
It is. It's slow to start though. I'm just tired of seeing everyone say the same anime over and over again, and most of it is Jump anime, which is all pretty much the same anyway.

LouisLeGros

Smash Journeyman
Oh man, so many DBZ, Naruto, One piece etc...

Bleach & Death Note are probably among the best of that group of anime, but I really hate stuff that gets the DBZ syndrome.

My favorite Anime? I have to go with Hellsing. I'd also say that Bram Stoker's Dracula is probably my favorite book, coincidence?

I'm a bit of a fan of the gothic/noir type stuff. Some of my other favorites would be Big O, Paranoia Agent, FLCL, Trigun and Elfen Lied.

Hellsing is my favorite for many reasons. For one it has an amazing sound track. The music is just so perfectly fitting. The Quality of it is just amazing. Other animes that I think have a good sound track like Cowboy Bebop (o that would be one of my favorites too) still can't compare to the awesomeness that is the music from Hellsing.

Then the characters. Alucard is just a bad ***. He is a true monster. He will tear your throat out at the snap of a finger. There still seems to be the tiniest sliver of humanity tough.

Seras has to be my favorite anime girl (red hair, blue uniform > blonde hair, yellow uniform). She is faced with death and then inflicted with the curse of the vampire. She tries to keep her humanity, but it is a constant struggle. She is far from perfect, but that is what makes her so appealing as a character (I'm not a particular fan of the degree to which she plays comic relief in the manga & ultimate series).
It has nothing to do with her breasts

Walter is awesome. You know Alfread from Batman? You know Norman from Big O? Well Walter one ups both of them for that role

LouisLeGros

Smash Journeyman
Gothic... hmm... have you tried D.Gray-man?
sounds familiar, right now I'm watching Texhnolyze and I'm horrible at finishing anime series in a timely fashion.

I wish someone would come in here and just rattle off 5 anime I've never even heard of as their favorites.
Akakage, The Masked Ninja
Area 88
Rainbow Squadron Robin
Red Baron
Hataraki Man

heard of em?

Cless

Smash Champion
sounds familiar, right now I'm watching Texhnolyze and I'm horrible at finishing anime series in a timely fashion.

Akakage, The Masked Ninja
Area 88
Rainbow Squadron Robin
Red Baron
Hataraki Man

heard of em?
Nope, but a) are then good? and b) are they among your favorites.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
good **** cless still postin in here

can someone recommend something that is likely to be a staple in the 08? i usually keep up pretty well but my comp is dead and i have to use a cpu lab and stuffz

sreeja

Smash Rookie
I like DeathNote because of the suspense and surprising things that happen. It's a great anime

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
cowboy bebob, flcl, yu yu hakusho
do i even need to explain the greatness of these three or are they self-explanatory

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
yea i think its still in my top 3 b/c years ago i must of been in middle school i really liked it and so when i look back on things i really liked i think of that its been so long since i've seen it i don't know how it holds up

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Same for me and G Gundam. I loved it in Fifth grade, but a couple moths ago I went back and watched it, and it's mediocre.
is G Gundam the one were there is a tournament and the guy from neo japan with the glowing finger thin is the main hero?

If so i remeber liking it a lot to when i was younger but when i got a little older i was thinking about the show and how everyone was stereotyped which when looking at it in hindsight was kinda funny
The giant russian, the tuff guy boxing American with weat in his mouth at all times despite him being from i think neo NYC etc

Top Bottom