• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Anime?

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
If i had to choose one above em all... i may just have to pick Ergo Proxy
I loved the story ( i dunno journeys are intriguing ) and the soundtrack fit the series perfectly!
I really liked Ergo Proxy at the beginning, but towards the end it really got ridiculous. I felt like the plot kind of fell apart.

Also, it was the least anime-like anime I've ever seen.

A_mArIo

Smash Cadet
I liked death note,I thought it waas pretty good. Other than that Ill watch anything as long as its not the cruddy english versions. Or pokemon. Or yugioh. or any sucky anime lol.

Sandy

Smash Champion
I liked G Gundam. I hated the rest of the series. (SD Gundam :mad:)
Yu Yu Hakusho is another fav of mine. Mainly, I like any anime where they cuss a LOT.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
My favorite used to be DBZ but got kind of lame when they made DBGT which made me like YU YU Hakusho instead, also another that I also like is Rurouni Kenshin

snackmaster

Smash Rookie
favorite anime are BECK: MONGOLIAN CHOP SQUAD, Samurai Champloo, Full Metal Alchemist and anything by Hayao Miyazaki (dudes a genius)

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Cyborg 009 is old but it's cool. I like Naruto, bleach and Outlaw Star. Gundam Wing and Tenchi are old favorites too.

I read the manga to Beck, but only the first part. It's a good manga.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
favorites are definately Fullmetal Alchemist, Naruto, Yu-Gi-Oh(it got pretty good after duelist kingdom!), .Hack, and Fullmetal Panic Fumoffu

Quenk

Smash Apprentice
Definitely Hellsing. I have the complete TV series and the first OVA on DVD. I already saw the second OVA and I read the manga as well.

For sheer randomness, Pani Poni Dash would be my second favourte anime after Hellsing.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
favorite anime are BECK: MONGOLIAN CHOP SQUAD, Samurai Champloo, Full Metal Alchemist and anything by Hayao Miyazaki (dudes a genius)
You've got some good taste.

Beck's one of the better manga I've read, but I got to the end of what's out so far and I've temporarily stopped following it. (For anybody who doesn't know, it's a realistic and extremely well done manga/anime about a Japanese rock band.)

Samurai Champloo is fun, if you're just looking for action. But if you expect any kind of continous plot or character development, it's not the show you want. The characters are two dimensional, and the plot is almost completely episodic.

Full Metal Alchemist is popular enough that it doesn't really need commenting in, but I think the manga is often overlooked by Western anime fans. It's really just as good, and it's still going on in Japan.

EDIT: After watching the DVDs of the second half of the FMA anime, I take it back. The manga is significantly better than the anime.

And Miyzaki is just an anime god.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi!!!!! one of the best animes ever. also another good one is, Love Hina
Elfen Lied
Ichigo 100%

but these arent really for every i wouldnt think.
if ur looking for action stuff, check out HunterXHunter

Giggidax

Smash Ace
lolll the syncing was great. the music got all intense at the right parts. like when she made the final deduction the tempo got faster lol. i think this would have been better than having the boring backround music in the original episode. im guessing u liked this anime as well? nice :D

Yanime34

Smash Rookie
My Fav Anime would Have to be Sonic the Hedgehog. I know ppl must think im lame but it was my first anime....when I didnt know it was called anime ^_^'

But Evangalin is my second and Hellsing is third ^^

J Flo

Smash Journeyman
Samurai Champloo is my favorite anime. I love the artwork, the animation, and especially the music. After the last 3 episodes I made the final decision that this series would be my favorite lol.

golden_leeroy

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm..its difficult to pick as there are a ton of anime that I enjoy.

I guess I'll have to settle with:

1. Hellsing
2. Bleach
3. Yu Yu Hakasho
4. The Boondocks(Im not sure if this counts or not...)

KingMewtwo1112

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna have to say it's One Piece for me. Okay, so the English dub stinks, and I think Viz's translation of the manga is kinda wonky, but the Japanese version (Anime, I'd rather have the manga in my own hands)..wow. I'm currently up to the Davy Back fight, and I'm completely bowled over by the awesome battle scenes and hilarious comedy. If anyone has an animated GIF of that one moment near the end of the Skypiea arc where Usopp hits a sleeping Chopper's chest and he wakes up with his eyes bugged out and his tongue rolling away, you'll be one of my heroes.

Obikun

Smash Apprentice
I like Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C and the new movie Solid Sate Society. There a LOT more series I like but I'm more into the anime series that are intelligent and kind of futuristic.

Someone out there know of others like that.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I like Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C and the new movie Solid Sate Society. There a LOT more series I like but I'm more into the anime series that are intelligent and kind of futuristic.

Someone out there know of others like that.
Serial Experiments Lain and Ergo Proxy are both good series that fit your tastes perfectly.

There are also some movies that I've heard quite a bit about but haven't seen, such as Appleseed and Patlabor.

Obikun

Smash Apprentice
Serial Experiments Lain and Ergo Proxy are both good series that fit your tastes perfectly.

There are also some movies that I've heard quite a bit about but haven't seen, such as Appleseed and Patlabor.
Nice, I should check those. Thanks :)

Andromeda

Smash Lord
Eight years ago I would have said "Pokémon". Now I see almost nothing of any anime. (can't get enough of american cartoons, though) But I've seen a little Naruto.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Which series of this new season are everybody watching? So far, Heroic Age, Darker than Black, Bokura no, Hayate no Gotoku, Seirei no Moribitou, and Claymore all seem good. Lucky Star's comedy style doesn't really fit my tastes (it's in the same vein as Azumanga Daioh), but I'll probably keep watching it anyway.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Which series of this new season are everybody watching? So far, Heroic Age, Darker than Black, Bokura no, Hayate no Gotoku, Seirei no Moribitou, and Claymore all seem good. Lucky Star's comedy style doesn't really fit my tastes (it's in the same vein as Azumanga Daioh), but I'll probably keep watching it anyway.
I've started watching Seirei no Moribito, and it's pretty **** good so far. The animation is amazing, but that's to be expected given the team who's making it. I like the lead character quite a bit, and the prince seems tolerable. He'll probably get better later on.

I read a few volumes of the manga for Hayate the Combat Butler a little while ago, and thought it was pretty funny. I might give the anime series a shot if I've got the time.

Top Bottom