• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Anime?

.kR0

Smash Journeyman
Good series are, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, GTO (Great teacher Onizuka), noein, and FLCL.

I say check out noein. Its one of those good animes that gets overshadowed by ****ty, mainstream ones. Great animation style and art style in some parts as well. There are obviously flaws in it, but then what anime doesn't?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtfOwFhNycQ

a PV

Kinlap

Smash Apprentice
Monster and RahXephon. However I don't recommend Monster if you like a lot of action. It's more of a plot development and suspense series. As for RahXephon, just don't treat it like your average robot/mecha series. I believe Monster is still unlicensed so it shouldn't be too hard to find with BitTorrent. RahXephon is licensed...so search harder or buy it.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
RahXephon, Outlaw Star, Eureka 7, Cowboy Bebop, Akira, Akagi, Kite, Mezzo DSA, Samurai Champloo, FLCL, 08th MS Team, and other non-mainsteam stuff.

I really hate Evangelion and Inuyashsa thouugh.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'll have to go with Trigun even though I haven't seen it in forever. I like FullMetal Alchemist and Case Closed as well, but Trigun is definately my favorite.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
1) Death Note (This is the God of Anime (and its only at episode 7))
2) One Piece (action Humor, it gets good after 20 eps), Bleach (action...its too good), Kimi ga Nozomu eien (Best drama ever, if you're in to it or not this is a must see)
4)Naruto (without evil fillers)

I've seen quite alot of anime but these stand out...

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
I'll stand by my sentiments on Eva. It must be hard for Shinji, being outclassed by Renton in every conceivable way. Granted they both whined their fair amount. But what did they do at the end of the whining? Shinji whined some more, where as Renton had some character developement, got the job done, and found the girl of his dreams.

.:DRAKE:.

Smash Apprentice
I personally love Deathnote and Hellsing manga, although the anime is also pretty cool.

I bought the complete Hellsing manga series when I visited Singapore earlier this year :) .

shadowstriker2005

Smash Journeyman
I was figuring that this would be an appropriate thread to ask about finding an anime. I was just wondering if there was a site where I could find Cowboy Bebop downloads, since I can't find any episodes on Youtube or Google. Any ideas?

Mnfx

Smash Cadet
favorite anime has to be ninja scroll, vampire hunter d blood lust and of course DBZ and GT

Jujumasta

Smash Journeyman
Akira, Ranma 1/2, FMA for now, and Rebound and Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo because they're really funny.

Tezuka Zone

Smash Cadet
golden boy and prince of tennis for me

also note worthy
Samurai deeper Kyo
^ Lotta action
The Twelve Kingdomes
^ not much action at all but one of the best story line ever

ElfenLiedPeach

Smash Journeyman
My favorite ones are, in approximately this order

1) Elfen Lied
2) Death Note (this is shaping up nicely as an animation, and the manga is even better)
3) Full Metal Panic! (counting all three series, the original, TSR, and Fumoffu)
4) School Rumble
5) Inuyasha
6) Yu Yu Hakusho
7) Hellsing

Demon_Lord

Smash Cadet
1. Death Note
2. Trinity Blood
3. Bleach
4. Fruits Basket
5. Inuyasha
6. Initial D
7. Chobits
8. Full Metal Alchemist

those are in no real order

Specialized

Smash Rookie
I used to enjoy Gundam Wing A LOT. Right now I catch FMA, bleach, and Inuyasha on Adult swim. I know it's not the real thing, but I enjoy it.

Dash_Fox

Smash Ace
Hmm, the only anime I ever really got into was Berserk.... and the Manga for it also.

Other than that I watched a little DBZ here and there but that's it. :D

anyone else like Berserk?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Death Note is the only anime that I can stand.

But I can do more then stand Death Note. I absolutely love it, even though I'm bored by the rest of the genre, even with Elfen Lied (which most people here seem to love).

Main reason I love Death Note is because of the constant mind-games, spying, and the whole take on the Death Penalty, and how it's up to you on if you think Light is a hero or villain, symbolism. Great show.

Oh god, what am I doing in this topic.

Kalas_Raven

Smash Rookie
Yu-Gi-Oh
Gunslinger Girl
FullMetal Alchemist
Yu Yu Hakusho
Fruits Basket
Spiral
Digimon (first and second seasons only)
Trinity Blood
Naruto

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
this list, some may not be anime, but were my favorite shows growing up ( idididnt check):

Cyborg 009
Ronin Warrioirs
Naruto
Yu Yu Hakasho
Full Metal Alchemist
Bleach
Samouri Champloo
The very First DBZ
MAR
Prince of Tennis
first Inuyasha(before they started talking)
Voltron
tenchi Muyo
Shaman King
Hikaru no Go
One Piece (not the 4kids version
Rouroni Kenshin
Ghost in the Shell
Cased closed
Lupin III

These are what I used to watch, before cartoonetwork got gay and took most off. they should make a Ctoon Teen channel for this man, for all the showed that we used to watch

fabianmo

Smash Apprentice
I dont have a favorite one but I do like alot these ones:
DB
DBZ
Naruto(Original Version)
Bleach(Original Version)
One Piece(Original Version)
Death Note
School Rumble
Azumanga Daioh
Saint Seiya
Chobits
And a whole lot more that I wont post cause im bored

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
One Piece (not the 4kids version
Sorry, but if you were watching it in English on TV, you either lived in Singapore or you were watching the (horrible) 4Kids version. There's a company in Singapore that produces it's own English dub, with many fewer edits than 4Kids did, but I doubt that was the one you were watching. The only way to get the real version is either the dub from Singapore or the illegal fansubs on the internet.

Of course, you could also read the manga, which is better in my opinion. You can find that on the internet too, although I can't give you any links. Try googling it.

Top Bottom