• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Anime?

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Mine would be Naruto in japanese ONLY!

K-Cow

Smash Cadet
I personally like Naruto, Bleach, RK, and (if anyone's even heard of it) Haibane Renmei.

Ami

Smash Ace
I have heard of Haibane Renmei, and I am interested in it. Whenever I get the chance, I will definitely watch it.

The Japanese borrowed the word animation to make the word anime (and it is also a transliteration of animation). Still, an anime not made in Japan that have an anime style can be called an anime. So Avatar could be called anime even though it isn't made in Japan.

Eci4

Smash Ace
a good (albeit ridiculous) thing I watched recently was Law of Ueki

I'm currently rewatching prince of tennis (i've finished 42 of 178+OVAs episodes)

Hunter X Hunter is really good (at least the manga is, anime aint so great)

an anime I saw the beginning of but never any more is samurai 7.... that one is really good

PokemonTrainerLisa

Smash Apprentice
My favorite anime is Pokemon. I've been watching it ever since I was about 12 or 13, and I'm now 19 and I still watch it (and I'm sure you can tell by my avatar and signature that my favorite character is Ash, lol).

And here's some other anime I like:

Kyo Kara Maoh - It's just soooooo funny, and it's a great anime. XD

Sonic X

Kirby: Right Back At Ya

And you know what's funny? All the anime that I like (except for KKM) are based on video games!!!!!! :laugh:

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Does Family Guy count? lol, just kidding...

I don't really watch anime much (usually), but when I see the shows I like I enjoy it alot. here's my list...

1) Yu Yu Hakasho
2) Full Metal Alchamist
3) Naruto
4) Inuyasha

plasmawisp6633

Smash Journeyman
My favorite anime is Pokemon. I've been watching it ever since I was about 12 or 13, and I'm now 19 and I still watch it (and I'm sure you can tell by my avatar and signature that my favorite character is Ash, lol).

And here's some other anime I like:

Kyo Kara Maoh - It's just soooooo funny, and it's a great anime. XD

Sonic X

Kirby: Right Back At Ya

And you know what's funny? All the anime that I like (except for KKM) are based on video games!!!!!! :laugh:
Don't think i'm trying to diss pokemon or anything, but have you ever watched animes with a litte more depth to them?? Ever watch an anime that made you think?

PokemonTrainerLisa

Smash Apprentice
Actually, I don't like much else aside from anime that fall into these categories:

- it's funny

- it's not violent, it doesn't have a lot of blood or anything (I hate that kinda stuff)

- it isn't depressing

- it has very cute characters

And usually, if an anime falls into one of those genres, I will like it.

But, for the most part, I only like those kinda anime like the ones I mentioned.

And by the way, you probably don't know this, but the Pokemon anime does have depth to it and it makes me think (especially Mewtwo Returns, everything Mewtwo said was so psychological and everything! It was amazing!).

RainOfDarkness

Smash Journeyman
i could understand that i mean you like what you like, thas cool. ima bleach.naruto.yu yu hakasho type guy but if im free i do watch pokemon, not nearly as much as i used to tho.

PokemonTrainerLisa

Smash Apprentice
Hehe, lol. XD

Yep, you got that right, mc-killa!!

While most people tend to hate 4Kids for their edits to anime, I tend to like them. ^^

Though, I'm not much a fan of the company itself, I do like the people who work for it, such as their voice actors. Pokemon had some awesome voice actors, and give anything for them to return to the show.

Also, I like Norman Grossfeld (the producer) and Michael Haigney (the director) as well. They were in all 3 audio commentaries on the first, 3rd, and 4th movie DVDs. They seemed to have a great personality, and they were pretty funny. XD

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
pokemon is the olny thing 4kids really has going for them
have you seen a fansub of one piece or YGO or anything they have dubbed
and sanji is the worst in the dub
Yeah, seriously. Sanji sounds like Rocky Balboa with nasal congestion!
The hardcore fans say that even though all the voices suck, Zoro and Nami have the best voices amidst the crew. I second that, although I also happen to like Luffy's voice as well.

Eric Stuart: Only talented voice actor at 4Kids. Kind of a shame he's getting traded for a sound alike in Battle Frontier... the new James has had too much LSD. >.<

EDIT: Ughh... and don't even get me started on Ash and Meowth. They totally lack emotion.

Newbie voice actor: Yay. Pikachu, you're okay.
Veronica Taylor: All right! I'm glad you're okay, Pikachu!

And whats-his-face pwned as Meowth. The new voice actor seriously just.... doesn't fit.

EEvisu

Smash Lord
In order:
1)YuYuHakusho (perfect anime but could have been longer)
2)Inuyasha (excluding th efillers)
3)Naruto (excluding the fillers)
4)Pokemon (not the new crap)
5)BeyBlade (3rd season kinda sucked though)

~thats about it but I am gonna start Bleach and Air Gear soon so it could change

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
1. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (Seasons 1-3) (but season 5 had it's moments)
2. One Piece (most people who says it sucks have probably only seen the 4kids dub)
3. Bremen (Actually, it's only a manga, but it is still extremely cool)
4. Hell Teacher Nube (Great series. Melds the supernatural and comedy together nicelly)
5. Zetman (Came from the creator of I"s and Video girl Ai, but it's an explicit, violent, dark action manga)
6. BLEACH (It's awesome, nuff said)
7. Kinnikumun (DO NOT WATCH ULTIMATE M.U.S.C.L.E ON 4kids TV! In fact, don't watch 4kids tv at all. Maybe they'll stop ruining good anime)
8. Gintama (the anime came out recentley in febuary, takes place in Edo-era Japan, but aliens landed. Yeah... It'a actually very cool)
9. Rurouni Kenshin (Buso Renkin isn't that bad either)
10. Tottoke Hamutaro (I've loved Hamtaro since childhood. There was this TA at my 1st-3rd grade year (can't remember) who was from Japan and brought over those Hamutaro books. Not to mention he's so **** cute)

Nefarious

Smash Apprentice
1. Tom 'N' Jerry (pretty sure this doesnt count, i just love this cartoon so **** much)
2. naruto (pretty cool. nice fighting scenes)
3.bleach (yep)
4.golden boy (very funny)

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
I recently picked up several new series very quickly, so that I could get around my university's firewall. Haven't quite looked into all of them yet. I'm going to start with watching what's out for Ergo Proxy, then moving on to Utawarerumono, followed by Shakugan no Shana, and finally Genshiken after that.

Other than that, on later escapes home, I plan to pick up Mai-HiME, The Third, Black Lagoon, Karin, Saiunkoku Monogatari, Chrno Crusade, Midori no Hibi, Rizelmine, and Zetai Shounen.

In terms of what's finishing up at this point, Blood+ only has a few eps left (excellent series; highly recommend it), and the last episode of Mushishi is coming up as well. Air Gear looks to have at least another season to it, and Inukami! needs some quicker subbers. Higurashi is also nearly finished, which is unfortunate, since they haven't quite resolved everything yet. And finally, School Rumble S2 is also closing up, hopefully to lead into a final 3rd Season at a later time.

Naota-Kun

Smash Journeyman
1) FLCL
2) Eureka Seven
3) Trigun
4) Bleach
5) Cowboy Bebop
6) Full Metal Alchemist
7) Samurai Champloo
8) Ghost in a Shell: Stand Alone Complex
9) Inuyasha
10) Rurouni Kenshin

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
I definitely like Naruto right now. Some of my other favorites are DragonballZ and Yu Yu Hakusho.

Maliceschaos

Smash Cadet
i watch some anime on youtube,

1. Inuyasha
2. Naruto
3. Rurounin Kenshin
4. FLCL
5. Cowboy Bebop
6. Hoshi no Kaabi-Kirby of Stars(not sure if its considerd one)

sir_mancelot

Smash Rookie
My fav. animes (mangas included) are
1. Naruto
2. Golden Boy
3. GTO
4. Full Metal Alchemist
5. Hellsing

you guys should all look into these if you havent before, sure they have their flaws but there totally awesome!!!

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I'd have to say that the best anime series I've ever seen is Cowboy Bebop. The various Miyazaki movies are the best movies I've seen.

Of course, that doesn't mean they're my favorites, although they're not far off.

1. My favorite series, as of right now, is probably Eureka Seven. I just love the style and the absurd premise. It makes me feel happy inside.

2. Azumanga Daioh is way up there. Even though the animation is some of the cheapest I've seen, it gets the job done, and I'm usually too busy enjoying the humor to care. But I ought to warn you, the dub voices suck. Watch it subbed.

3. Haibane Renmai is a series that I'm only half done with, but from what I've seen it's amazing. It's a sort of slice of life series, except it takes place in a different world, and it covers topics much more serious than a typical slice of life show.

4. Cowboy Bebop deserves a spot somewhere on this list. It was one of the shows that got me into anime, and it's a wonderful example of everything gone right. It's practically flawless.

5. Serial Experiments Lain is a weird series, but it's extremely good. It's one of those cyberpunk reality bending stories, and it's done well. The animation isn't superb, but it's decent enough.

Honorable Mention: I ought to list some of these here. They're series that I enjoyed quite a bit, but weren't really good or unique enough for me to consider among my favorites.

Samurai Champloo: Plot is almost completely episodic and characters are totally flat, but boy does it have style.

Paronoia Agent: If not for the ending, this would probably be among my favorites. Not that the ending is bad, mind you, it's just not quite as good as the rest of the show.

Fullmetal Alchemist: I dig adventures, and this one is exceptionally well done. It has the right mix of action, emotion and plot to draw me right in.

FLCL: Wacky, ridiculous fun. It's only six episodes long, sadly, but I'd rather have six wonderful episodes than dilute the same content over 26 episodes, or even 13. It has to be the strangest anime I've ever seen.

Neon Genesis Evangelion: I know this is a divisive one, but I include it here simply for its superbly done psychoanalysis of its characters. Nevermind all the religious symbology and infrequent action scenes. Unfortunately, the animation takes a nosedive around the halfway point in the series; the show's budget was slashed.

END.

Top Bottom