• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Family Fun Arcade (Granada Hills, CA) Brawl Tourney: Sunday, May 4th (NO CAP)

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
i could see how he'd get pissed, from what ive seen blitz is a big fan of camping, and if someone talks trash after camping me, i'd get pissed too. i might not hit him, but i can see why he got pissed

Rob_West

Smash Journeyman
It's their call. Blitz was more than willing to take it outside and continue the fight. FFA doesn't want something like this to spark in the future. The TO's handled the situation very well at the time.

Props to Dae and Tom.

Shoutouts?-

Dae - Thanks for cooling me down after my 2nd loss. And good job running the tourney as usual.

Blitz - Thanks for the Brawl tips and such each time I see ya. Calm it down though, it's not worth it. :/

Claire - Nice to see you again. Hated to see you go through that **** though. One of the nicest people I know.

That's really about it.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
i could see how he'd get pissed, from what ive seen blitz is a big fan of camping, and if someone talks trash after camping me, i'd get pissed too. i might not hit him, but i can see why he got pissed
Yeah, but that's just part of being an adult. Count to 10 if you have to.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
Can't really say for sure, as I wasn't there, but from what I got from a couple sources is that after losing to blitz, DSF got pissy 'cause blitz was trash talking, so he punched him a couple times. Correct me if this is wrong.

Yeah, trash talking is a bit immature, but ya gotta take it in stride. Taking it personally like that and hitting someone over it is actually irresponsible as hell, and he's lucky he only got DQed. I mean, yeah, there's a level of trash talk that you shouldn't pass, but that's usually unruly conduct beyond verbal or attacking something aside from the game (race, religion, weight, etc., actual personal attacks). Anything else is fair game, and if all it was was harmless trash talk, DSF needs to get his anger issues in check.

Also, threatening a ban from future tourneys because of trash talk? Please tell me that he breaks one the above or else it's totally unwarranted and both the TO and DSF need to stop taking themselves so seriously.
Wow, way to offer up a solution to the supposed "problem" based on what you heard from some random people.

You know **** about what happened. I know alex is easily angered, but he doesn't punch people for no good reason. I mean, it took him 4 years before he was willing to punch manacloud, that's an accomplishment in itself.

Point is, most of you don't know what you're talking about. So just wait until you hear a real story.

And P, let's not forget your near scuffle with Danimals over Melee vs Brawl. You can't really promote the control of emotions if you're ready to throw it down inside a smashers house because someone annoyed you. Though that was ****ing funny. I kept asking you guys to "take it outside". And when you're at oscar's house, "taking it outside" is a death wish.

Cyntalan Maelstrom

Smash Ace
NNID
Cyntalan
3DS FC
4227-1428-3954
It's their call. Blitz was more than willing to take it outside and continue the fight. FFA doesn't want something like this to spark in the future. The TO's handled the situation very well at the time.
Brawl - Serious Business.

Wow, way to offer up a solution to the supposed "problem" based on what you heard from some random people.

You know **** about what happened. I know alex is easily angered, but he doesn't punch people for no good reason. I mean, it took him 4 years before he was willing to punch manacloud, that's an accomplishment in itself.

Point is, most of you don't know what you're talking about. So just wait until you hear a real story.
Wow, way to read my post.

I said, merely, that if all he was doing was trash talking, DSF had no right to do anything but take it. Bringing it to the physical level was a SEVERE act of immaturity for something so simple. However, like I had said RIGHT AFTER THAT, if the trash talking was something more than your typical trash talk, then the punch was justified (though even so, there's better ways of handling it, such as getting the talker DQed for going way too far with it). There aren't exactly many truly justified reasons to bring it to a physical level, and I'd really love to hear the full story to see if and why it was.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
I don't think anyone really punches people "for no good reason." You can be "justified" in such an action and still be 100 percent wrong.

edit: ROFL @ post above me

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
I don't think anyone really punches people "for no good reason." You can be "justified" in such an action and still be 100 percent wrong.

edit: ROFL @ post above me
Well you don't know what his justifications were for his actions yet. So unless you're willing to make a blanket statement saying that NOTHING blitz could have said would be worthy of alex getting that angry, you should consider the possibility of alex not being a ***** in this matter.

Brawl - Serious Business.

Wow, way to read my post.

I said, merely, that if all he was doing was trash talking, DSF had no right to do anything but take it. Bringing it to the physical level was a SEVERE act of immaturity for something so simple. However, like I had said RIGHT AFTER THAT, if the trash talking was something more than your typical trash talk, then the punch was justified (though even so, there's better ways of handling it, such as getting the talker DQed for going way too far with it). There aren't exactly many truly justified reasons to bring it to a physical level, and I'd really love to hear the full story to see if and why it was.
I did read your post fully. I'm sorry if I came off as if I didn't, but the way you spoke in your post implies the assumption that alex had no good reason for it.

When you start your post by explaining the wrong in reacting with violence towards innocent trash talk that is inherent to competitive gaming, you are already showing signs of siding with a view that may not be correct. Understand me? That's all I'm saying.

jocund50

Smash Apprentice
Just to let everyone know, the FFA staff did stop the fight from happening inside the arcade, and told them both to take it outside because we wouldn't care what would happen if its outside our jurisdiction. Whatever happens inside we cannot allow. Anything goes on outside, we have no power over.

P.S.
We were also willing to bet money on who would of won :p

Cyntalan Maelstrom

Smash Ace
NNID
Cyntalan
3DS FC
4227-1428-3954
When you start your post by explaining the wrong in reacting with violence towards innocent trash talk that is inherent to competitive gaming, you are already showing signs of siding with a view that may not be correct. Understand me? That's all I'm saying.
My views on it were more on the concept, for the fact that I've seen this kind of thing go down several times in my competitive lifespan. Not really so much in Smash, though. Marvel? Oh hell yeah. Hair triggers have been hit over something as simple as "you got nothin'!". I was not so much implying that I know the answer of this case, but more for the concept of hitting someone over trash talk as a whole, as I've seen a lot of people that think it's wholly justified if they do the simplest of trash talk, and that's always boggled my mind. If indeed that's all that happened, yeah, totally ridiculous and the person that started hitting deserves all the flack he gets. The person talking? He deserves flack IF, and ONLY IF, he brought it to a deeper level than just the game itself in any way. Even so, I'm still not sure if he deserves physical punishment. It's kind of a gray area. I honestly wouldn't condone it regardless of what's said, but to take other, non-violent actions if they go way too far with it (like getting them DQed). But again, that's not my call, and I don't really know the whole story.

There are much more popular competitive activities we has humans do that get a lot more common (and meaner) trash talk that don't condone bringing it to violence (but of course, we also have hockey that practically demands it). Talk is just that, talk. There's not much that CAN be said that should bring it to violence, but there is a line in the sand. I'd like to know whether or not he crossed it, or if it was just someone overreacting.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
And P, let's not forget your near scuffle with Danimals over Melee vs Brawl. You can't really promote the control of emotions if you're ready to throw it down inside a smashers house because someone annoyed you. Though that was ****ing funny. I kept asking you guys to "take it outside". And when you're at oscar's house, "taking it outside" is a death wish.
Lmfao, it definitely wasn't over Melee vs Brawl. Danny got mad just because I echoed what David said -- that he should shut up, that no one was listening to him -- and then when he objected I told him in more explicit terms just how dumb he was being. That's what got him mad, and I was ready to fight him simply because Danny ... well, you know Danny, right? He just talks so much ****, and I call people on their bluffs.

It seemed like he wanted to make a big deal out of nothing, and personally I am always game to make a big deal out of nothing. But at least I know it's 100 percent wrong nonetheless. :)

And the overall point in regards to Alex is simply that he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt anymore, so in that sense you can't blame me for being ready to jump down his throat.

Arlieth Tralare

Smash Cadet
From what I understand, there was personal beef between the two before the tournament, unrelated to Smash. Justified or not, DSF did cross the line and for that we DQ'ed him from the tourney and evicted him from FFA for the day. From our perspective, nobody can say "It just happened" or "He pushed my buttons" as an excuse for physical violence within FFA- especially if this has happened before with DSF, which I was unaware of. At the same time, it seems that this wasn't unprovoked either, and Blitz's continued baiting through immature comments only reinforces this view.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Anyone remember when Blitz tried to rush Taj? Goooooooooooood times

xDARKLINKx

Smash Ace
P.S.
We were also willing to bet money on who would of won :p
LMAO i can see your as$ waving around a fat as$ clip like those guys in the background of balrogs level in SF2, the vegas one.

Dam though i do wanna know the full true story. How do none of you know, were you not there?? There has to be more then blitz camping alex and talking ****. If that was the case anyone who's ever lost to blitz would've beaten his as$ long ago. As hugo said, it took mana 4 years of constant **** talk, lies and demeaning a$s comments to get alex to attack him...4 years is a long time i give props to alex for that. Anyway I don't think blitz has reached mana level quite yet. I know someone has to be leaving out the part where he whipped his **** out on claire..

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
You guys should not listen to any stories you hear other than from Blitz, Alex himself or me. Because I was watching the entire set, and I was there right next to them when it happened. Nobody else was listening to the words exchanged, so I would take whatever else you hear with a grain of salt. 'Cuz I know there will be random stories going about , etc etc.

Oscular

Smash Journeyman
You guys should not listen to any stories you hear other than from Blitz, Alex himself or me. Because I was watching the entire set, and I was there right next to them when it happened. Nobody else was listening to the words exchanged, so I would take whatever else you hear with a grain of salt.
Edrees! where u been, i sent you a msg on AiB and you still havent responded

=(

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Sorry man I'm still figuring out my situation. I'll let you know asap.

btw everyone should be talking about the most amazing 2 on 1 you'll ever see in brawl. No gimp kills in brawl right? :D

Cyntalan Maelstrom

Smash Ace
NNID
Cyntalan
3DS FC
4227-1428-3954
You guys should not listen to any stories you hear other than from Blitz, Alex himself or me. Because I was watching the entire set, and I was there right next to them when it happened. Nobody else was listening to the words exchanged, so I would take whatever else you hear with a grain of salt.
so....

...does that mean you're going to explain?

pockyD

Smash Legend
You guys should not listen to any stories you hear other than from Blitz, Alex himself or me. Because I was watching the entire set, and I was there right next to them when it happened. Nobody else was listening to the words exchanged, so I would take whatever else you hear with a grain of salt. 'Cuz I know there will be random stories going about , etc etc.

how can you make this post and not actually give your story :(

CAOS

Smash Journeyman
Anyway I don't think blitz has reached mana level quite yet. I know someone has to be leaving out the part where he whipped his **** out on claire..

O.o

lmao about sig is David talkin about that arizonia girl
if so too shay LOL

DieSuperFly

Smash Lord
Blitz has been trying to get with my girl friend for 1 year now...... he pushed the right button so i reacted to it.

Johnny Blitz

Smash Ace
lets ponder the question... if u won would u have reacted the same way n sucker punched me? im gonna guess not, so what happened was fueled by a video game.

im not going to elevate this though and get the thread locked cause smashboards is not the place for this and its disrespectful to FFA. all theyre trying to do is run tournaments n give people what tehy want: a good time. this thread is for discussing tournaments run by FFA. if u wanna talk about personal issues u got against me we can do it face to face but not on this message board its rude to FFA and its really immature. but plz i personally have more respect for FFA than to bring up personal issues u got with me in their thread.

respect.

DieSuperFly

Smash Lord
I said "good game that was good" then you got up and opened your mouth knowing that anything you would say would get me piss because of our situation.

Johnny Blitz

Smash Ace
i said "at least u didnt lose to blitz." cause u said tat at mike hazes tourney the week before when u lost to futile. "at least i didnt lose to blitz." i was laughing at the irony. n u know of all ppl im one of the biggest smack talkers in socal but everyone knows i do it for giggles n humour n not to hurt feelings. u couldnt take it n u got physical. not my fault.

Top Bottom