• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Family Fun Arcade (Granada Hills, CA) Brawl Tourney: Sunday, May 4th (NO CAP)

Dacke00

Smash Rookie
What time do sign ups end for the singles tournament?

I don't want to have to show up at 11:00am and wait around for 7 hours.

wtZzz

Smash Apprentice
Well, sure you are a business and want to make money off us.

But when a bunch of people show up for a tournament, we will also be spending some money on the other products you offer in your arcade. You will gain more revenue than you would if a tournament was not in progress. Also you are getting more people to be aware of your store's existence. If you weren't having Brawl tournaments, I would never know what the hell FAmily Fun Arcade is.

Being that your venue is not being rented for the day, and this event does not cost you much money, I do not see why you would want to stop players from joining due to the high admission fee. Lower price will also mean more players.

Your business does NOT rely on Brawl tournaments to remain open.

What you do not understand is that if someone were to host a tournament on the same days as you, with a better venue, your tournament scene will die. You should be listening to your customers, or else one day they might decide to go to Bouncing Bear Arcade.

Rob_West

Smash Journeyman
They changed the entry fee back to $8 to my knowledge. And the faulty TV is gone.

Can we all just shut the **** up and enjoy ourselves?

Edit: Oh wait, Smashboards is SRS BUSINESS and Brawl is hard to enjoy at times.

Derp.

wtZzz

Smash Apprentice
lol
oh they changed the price from 12 to 8 dollars. i didnt notice

hmmm

i think this is cheap enough for me now, id say there is a 80% chance ill be there for singles
20% for doubles, since its too early in the morning

Arlieth Tralare

Smash Cadet
You know wtzzz, for all your talk, our business does not rely on people like you who have a "80%-20%" chance of showing up, yet never end up coming. Thanks for your concern.

The Game II

Smash Champion
Hey Arly, how many people are you expecting for the SBO qualifier? Because I imagine that everyone here is going to beg me to get to UCLA as soon as the GG tourney is over. I'm just trying to plan a schedule. Thanks.

--GCII

Arlieth Tralare

Smash Cadet
Well, it looks like there's two qualifiers, one for the Melty Blood/Guilty Gear Last Chance Quals and one for the 3rd Strike/Super Turbo Official Quals(Date not yet announced). Both will probably have a turnout of 60-80 people. The actual Quals day for Melty/Guilty will be on Saturday (Teams). Event will probably end at 10-11pm.

Arlieth Tralare

Smash Cadet
Results:

1: Futile
2: Plan 9
3: Ajax
4: Blitz
5: Bardull
5: DC
7: Chaz
7: Mike A
9: MikeHaze
9: Kouryuu
9: Recipherus
9: Edreas
13: Nezumi
13: Carlos G
13: Ultra
13: Jay
17: Fluff
17: Oli
17: Vega
17: Jugabro
17: Mik
17: Brent
17: Z-Fly
17: DSF
25: Rob West
25: Scorpion X
25: Oni
25: Tabiris
25: Carso
25: Steven T
25: Kronk
25: Marion K

Results posted on Allisbrawl via TIO!

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
So were the finals Wario dittos?

And was that Edrees in 9th? Hard to spell.

jocund50

Smash Apprentice
Thank you all again for coming to our tournament and I hope to see you all again the next time!

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Are snakes jabs as good as alexs?

Johnny Blitz

Smash Ace
i just wanna say this tourney was pretty fun. i had some of the funnest sets against plan 9 and ajax. really intense and fun at the same time.

I am now the third member of the "i beat DSF in tournament in brawl" club. ^^ hahahaha suck my brawls you sucker puncher

"Is that BRAWL you got!?!"

Arlieth Tralare

Smash Cadet
i just wanna say this tourney was pretty fun. i had some of the funnest sets against plan 9 and ajax. really intense and fun at the same time.

I am now the third member of the "i beat DSF in tournament in brawl" club. ^^ hahahaha suck my brawls you sucker puncher

"Is that BRAWL you got!?!"
Blitz, I thought you were better than that. One more inflammatory comment like that again and I will have you suspended from future FFA tournaments. What happened was regrettable but you are just as responsible for the consequences of your actions. You can discuss what happened in a mature manner or you can be considered a toxic influence in the community. The decision is up to you.

killer tofu

Smash Lord
Blitz, I thought you were better than that. One more inflammatory comment like that again and I will have you suspended from future FFA tournaments. What happened was regrettable but you are just as responsible for the consequences of your actions. You can discuss what happened in a mature manner or you can be considered a toxic influence in the community. The decision is up to you.
Manacloud?

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
LMFAO DSF got into another fight? Time to hit up da haze

And a sucker punch? Wow, I see why no one likes Alex...

Cyntalan Maelstrom

Smash Ace
NNID
Cyntalan
3DS FC
4227-1428-3954
ok, so what is the story?
Can't really say for sure, as I wasn't there, but from what I got from a couple sources is that after losing to blitz, DSF got pissy 'cause blitz was trash talking, so he punched him a couple times. Correct me if this is wrong.

Yeah, trash talking is a bit immature, but ya gotta take it in stride. Taking it personally like that and hitting someone over it is actually irresponsible as hell, and he's lucky he only got DQed. I mean, yeah, there's a level of trash talk that you shouldn't pass, but that's usually unruly conduct beyond verbal or attacking something aside from the game (race, religion, weight, etc., actual personal attacks). Anything else is fair game, and if all it was was harmless trash talk, DSF needs to get his anger issues in check.

Also, threatening a ban from future tourneys because of trash talk? Please tell me that he breaks one the above or else it's totally unwarranted and both the TO and DSF need to stop taking themselves so seriously.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Blitz should be able to talk as much trash as he wants, it's Alex's fault for not being able to control his emotions. Dude, how old are you now? 20? 21? 22? And you still can't get your emotions under control like you're a little kid?

Alex should be insta banned from FFA =/

And how's this for trash talk: Alex, you're a little *****.

Top Bottom