• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco's worst matchup

HMD

Smash Journeyman
i would say just MK and IC i have no problem with Marth or kirby

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
MK, ICs, Marth, Snake, G&W, Kirby

There you go. Now go away. Ask for help with Falco on your Snake boards.

zamz

Smash Journeyman
-Snake isn't a difficult matchup for Falco. It's neutral at most.
-Marth is only a 'slight' disadvantage.
-Kirby is only a 'slight' disadvantage.
-Ice Climbers and Metaknight are difficult, but not impossible.

Falco has only one "bad" matchup and it's Game and Watch. The OP asked for Falco's "worst" matchup. He didn't ask for a list of characters that Falco might have troubles with. Falco's worst matchup is Game and Watch.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
GaW isn't as hard as a lot on the Falco boards think. You just need to learn to space him and not jump into his smashes. I played Needle of Juntah when he came to Florida. Ask him how the match ups were.

Marth I feel is a slight disadvantage. Good speed, good spacing game(ground and aerial), can't be chain grabbed.

Kirby has grab combos on you, but you do on him too(grab spike grab etc) I'd say pretty even, but he can outprioritize the phantasm and Firebird with a lot of stuff.

Metaknight isn't really that hard. Chain grab to step forward side smash does 55-60% In just another 55 or 50% Up smash kills. His main spacing move is Down smash. Avoid that and the Up B and you should be fine.

ICs it's just don't get grabbed.

Snake is pretty hard if he purposely blows himself up past CG percent. Falco has to work for the full 100% to get to 150% to get to kill range. Snake can be gimped with multiple down airs.

I would say Dedede for sure.

Only kidding, Falco doesn't really have hard match ups. All of them are either neutral or slight disadvantage at the worst.

Semmick

Smash Journeyman
i say ice climbers because if you get grabbed, the IC's win. and CGing them is hard because the other can attack you before you get really far

Captainbrawl

Smash Apprentice
I always have a problem with, Kirby & SONIC oh Olimar!

MK is getting kinda easy to counter with Falco.

-mugen-

Smash Journeyman
Why was this bumped? Just play the game and see who you have trouble with... -_-;;

Match-up threads and guides are so useless...

Mith_

Smash Champion
Why was this bumped? Just play the game and see who you have trouble with... -_-;;

Match-up threads and guides are so useless...
Not really

THIS thread is pretty useless imo, but detailed threads/guides are far from useless.

The Bird

Smash Apprentice
honestly it depends on the level are we talking pro here or a guy who had trouble with a com

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
For everyone who said Snake and MK are bad match ups.... you should really stop playing this game. Those two match-ups are GOOD REASONS to play Falco. He boasts neutral against them. Sure he gets gimped fairly easily, but he had that in melee in well, and good players overcame that weakness. Just because your opponent is better than you, does not mean that the match-up is bad for Falco. It just means you are a bad player and don't know how to identify that.

That being said, Falco's worst match-up is GaW, with hard ones that are disadvantageous for him being Marth, and IMO, Rob.

Miller

Smash Lord
Ice climbers can be a biatch for Falco aswell, because with Falco specifically, he miss-spaces one thing, hes dead.

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
I say Pit or Toon Link. Both have shields which deflect beams, and they both have fast, small lag attacks.

WatzUp

Smash Rookie
I say Pit or Toon Link. Both have shields which deflect beams, and they both have fast, small lag attacks.
i kinda of agree with you pit has that annoying side B attack i get stuck in it and also a shield.

toon link is very short and hard to shoot and if he stands still you can hit him so its very hard to fight him..and he has very strong side smash.

but the worst (FOR ME!) would have to be MK and kirby

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
G-Dub is hardest, Marth, IC's are kind of a pain, Kirby, Olimar, MK, Snake and Zelda(?) are neutral

Actually the Snake boards said that Falco might be his worst matchup

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Falco is considered to have a good match up advantage against Snake. 60-40 or better.
Falco is most probably 40-60 with Meta.
Falco has similar disadvantage with Marth, 40-60.
I believe the matchup between Falco and G&W does step towards 35-65.
Other matchups of top tier has Falco either even or advantagous.

GreatFalco

Smash Apprentice
I also have the worst match-up against G&W. Better priority, stops the phantasm very easily, less lag, ****ing constant hitbox, all three smash atacks are ridiculous. And can counter the spamming-lasers with the downB and being so short.

It's the worst for me indeed.

Pentarch

Smash Rookie
Honestly, I've never had a problem against Ice Climbers, mainly because I found out about the Gatling Combo, long before his Chain Grab. Boosting directly into the Gatling Combo, then Short-Hopping into a D-Air, N-Air, or even B-Air, depending on the percentage on when it lands. (I prefer the Nair, it sends them in two opposite directions, leaving one of the two open to a pummeling.)

I mained Marth for quite a while, as such I can read his spacing, and move priority pretty well. So I suppose my only real help here is, play Marth for a while, to figure out what to watch for.

With G&W, you've really just got to keep up an aggressive, and don't try to get into a Laser campy mind-set, it just doesn't work. (Of course the good ol' SHL --> Gatling works wonders.)

Snake? He's probably one of my easiest match-ups. Yes, he can get out of your Chain-Grab, but he's one of the easiest characters to Spike-Gimp their recovery.

Meta-Knight can be a little difficult, depending on the combos the player is breaking out, but, you still have the Chain-Grab and Lasers over him, albeit, I hate being campy with them.

Pit's arrows, can get incredibly annoying, especially since 9/10 times if you DO manage to reflector them, they don't actually directly back at him, you end up having to do a lot ledge tech to keep him off as long as possible, then spiking him. (At Final-D, his kill % via spiking is VERY low.)

Olimar's pretty lights and colours get me every time -_-.

But well, what do I know, I'm still learning the character. :p

J4pu

Smash Champion
@^
most of your thoughts were pretty right, although you seem to underestimate most of them a bit

the only part I disagree with is IC's not being scary as hell, you know they can desync right? ever tried not getting grabbed when you're playing against 2 chars? Your strategy however is correct, space very well, and try to separate, the lasers will also help in ruining their desync pattern.
I didn't bump this thread was on top.

RickShaw626

Smash Rookie
For me its gotta be Mk(any chaarcter agnst mk is a bad match-up) and Ic for sure. Marth was always a 50/50 thing depending on who i am facing. its easy to lazerlock marth. 35-40%Fthrow. ^_^. i never fought a good G&W with falco.

Pentarch

Smash Rookie
@^
most of your thoughts were pretty right, although you seem to underestimate most of them a bit

the only part I disagree with is IC's not being scary as hell, you know they can desync right? ever tried not getting grabbed when you're playing against 2 chars? Your strategy however is correct, space very well, and try to separate, the lasers will also help in ruining their desync pattern.
I didn't bump this thread was on top.
Yeah I know they can Desync. It sucks for sure, but thank you for the complement. ^__^

SpeedAcE

Smash Journeyman
G&W, undoubtedly. His hitboxes mostly have priority over yours, his aerial game trumps yours, lasers are near useless, Falco dies early due to being light and G&W has a lot of moves that kill @ early %.

Marth only has a slight advantage. 55-45 I would say, lasers certainly give him trouble, and Marth is easily telegraphed in addition to most of his moves being highly punishable.

I have trouble against ROB every now and then, but I believe that matchup is even.

Top Bottom