• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco's spike - ineffective?

sasook

Smash Champion
Ok, so you know when you hit a wall and hold l/r and it stops the bounce, can you do that in smashville versus the angled ramp thing? U know the d3 bair or the dk throw spike on the stage? Can you cancel the bounce?

In the video he is totally doing it versus Falco's spike. So, why can't you do that versus d3 or DK?
You can, but that's just a normal tech. In the falco vid, you have to DI in order to even hit the stage to tech it. But about what you're talking about, teching a stage spike is just that - teching a stage spike. No DI necessary, just timing on when to hit L/R. Izaw teched a stage spike from a knee by Rebaz in one of his matches.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
@_@

The hold away thing is not new... I think I've mentioned half a million times that you can always avoid the spike if you DI Down+Away at the ledge

sasook

Smash Champion
@_@

The hold away thing is not new... I think I've mentioned half a million times that you can always avoid the spike if you DI Down+Away at the ledge
Yeah lol, I've heard you say it a thousand times. But this is teching the ledge lol

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
45 and up you say? Iono 'bout that, seems to work at any % for me :O

Sasook: lol yeah. teching the ledge is indeed sexy enough to be worth it.

Deva

Smash Lord
No, it only works 45% and up xD, it's been tested many times by many players, basically why when you used to mention it all the time no one really acknowledged it. Your posts infered that it worked at any % and it doesnt xD. But yeah, You have mentioned it quite a bit in the past.

Deva

Smash Lord
I dont think the Falco you've been playing has been doing the spike properly after the last d-throw. If the dont jump out far enough to spike they miss sometimes.

fox219

Smash Journeyman
Falcon doesnt have lazers silly, lol

I will be practicing this soon, offline and online. I'm pretty sure Link can do it since its just teching
you changed falco to falcon!!!!!!!!!

D

Deleted member

i think 4serial is right, i think you can get out AT 36% but that means that either the falco player stopped cg'ing you for some reason or they started cg'ing you at 36%

its just easier to say you get out at 45%

Ritch

Smash Journeyman
TBH I don't find this useful as I thought it would be. As long as you can DI out of the chain spike, that's better than attempting to tech it right? lol

D

Deleted member

Aandy, 4Serial and Giga are all of his accounts...unless i'm missing one >_>

Top Bottom