• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco's Side B Done Diagonally!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

boku0801

Smash Cadet
Ok, so I was playing someone on wifi and they went to do falco's side B on smashville. I knew the opponent was going to suicide but then to my utter surprise...falco did the Side B diagonally....I happened to save a replay version of the match for you falco mains' out there....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHZwPtj9_A8

Jupz

Smash Master
Was the sonic nessecary? lol sorry I just hate sonic :p

Anyway I think its because he grabbed the ledge it seemed to go diagonal. Looks pretty cool though :)

Kasper!

Smash Lord
I was surprised when i saw this to, i was like wtf but hey if someone found out how to do this (like properly) then this could lower the chance of us falcos getting gimped.

From what im thinking

pros

reduce us falcos getting gimped or edgeguarded

Mindgames :)

However i also i was thinking if somehow a falco does learn how to do this and does this in a match, lets say when he is level with a stage ledge e.g. FD and he moves upwards , wont he lag or have enough falling time so that someone like meta, sheik or sonic can take advantage?

Again from what im thinking

Cons

lag or falling time can take effect

P.S i was only thinking that this would be useful on a stage like battlefield or smashville (when the moving platform is near you) because it would be useful for mindgames or even going on the above platform little lag if used properly

BUT HEY DONT TAKE MY WORD FOR IT, THIS MAY JUST BE A WIFI GLITCH OR SOMETHING :)

z3r0C0oL

Smash Apprentice
it looks like he cancelled the illusion, kept his forward momentum a bit, and the 'magnetic' ledge drew him in.

i hope im wrong.

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
it looks like he cancelled the illusion, kept his forward momentum a bit, and the 'magnetic' ledge drew him in.

i hope im wrong.
It was too low for falco to be drawn in and was to far away at the beggining of the animation, normally it doesn't go that high, falco would of just SD and went under the stage.

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
Double post

Yea it was the magnetic pull that drew you in. I noticed falco jump before he phantasm so he had a upward momemtum that drew him to the ledge =p

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
what was said before this post is true. i think it was a result of lag. Though sometimse when I am at %'s when somebody knocks me off the stage, that does happen, but it isn't emphasized as much.

Blad01

Smash Lord
This is just the 'auto'-ledge grab system... In Brawl you can grab the ledge from far enough, as you might know.

He just phantasmed normally, and ended up in the ledge grab zone. Also, Smashville's ledges make grabbing the ledge even easier. (Like BF's ledges, and unlike DF's ledges)

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
if any other falco were to go that low, he would either glitch below the stage or hit that part of the wall, not go diagonal.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
It must have been a short cancel phantasm which got him magnetised to the ledge.

But yeah, that's pretty trippy, and if he hadn't short cancelled it, he would've died.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I think he short canceled it on accident too lol. A lot of nooby players spam B when they do a foward B.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
lulz i ben doin dis 4 like 2 years i thot it was common knowledge so i never said nothing lol

edit: The obvious thing to do would be to test our theories right?

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
...err... guys, Falco's not even that low.

I mean, he's low-ish, and maybe it's a wierd camera angle or something, but he's definitely within his grab range. You have to be pretty much under the stage on Smashville for Falco not to grab it, or at that distance where wierd nonsense happens with Phantasm.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
yeah that was just barely a auto snap to the ledge which just looked weird. he was on the boundary from grabbing the ledge or an SD lol

boku0801

Smash Cadet
I only use Sonic so I can't say anything knowledgeable about Falco's moves...but looking at the video, the animal (sorry Falco mains') was like 12 feet below the stage (extreme exaggeration) and still made it (horizontally), I think that was the second time I've seen it done. I don't think the player meant to do it on purpose, but if you Falco mains could master that....that would be cool...

if fox could do that I'd start main'in him!

anyway...if your in the Mood, heres a cool sonic vs DDD video...(nice editing too):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=culYp2Yf0Vk

boku0801

Smash Cadet
lol, in brawl a wins a win, plus you should back it up with a D3 of your own....:urg:

on top of that....I don't want to "blow my horn" or anything like that...but, I did "do him in" pretty bad...he wasn't all that bad.:p

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
I've already replicated this; It's just canceling your Phantasm right when you get into the grab zone(Like said before). A highly risky move to say the least.

P.S: Actually you don't even have to cancel it, you just have to be at a specific distance and try and sweet spot it by the bottom of the grab zone(Then it'll make it look diagonal).

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Falco moves slightly up because he used Phantasm right after Sonic Dthrew him, giving him a small boost when he used it. That's probably why it looks like he went diagonal.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
The thing about this video I find extremely weird is that EVEN Falco's animation during the phantasm seems to point diagonally (the part with the white lines). Makes me wonder...

Sparkfull

Smash Rookie
The reason Falco went diagonally with his Phantasm is because he was still in hit stun from Sonic's down throw.
Any direction changing/momentum cancelling moves will move you up when used while in hit stun. So since Phantasm goes horizontally and hit stun makes the direction changing move (Phantasm) go up, Falco ended up going diagonally upwards towards the edge.

He was way too low to snap btw...

Rayquaza07

Smash Ace
that video right there did not seem like a phansism cancel.Notice how falco points diagonaly when he starts the phantism.If this is not a glitch sure is cool.:]

Jupz

Smash Master
woah coincedentally i did one of these today at jungle japes. i fell in the water and was recovering up the left side and i was trying to go under the first platform and grab the middle platforms ledge but I went up diagonally and grabbed the close ledge. don't think i cancelled it but im not 100% sure. couldnt save a replay.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Why are people fighting over this? Falco can't make a sideB go diagonal on purpose. It's pretty obvious, so pondering about the possibilities and ways to do it outside the edge is literally time wasted.

Besides, he was pulled in by the auto-sweetspot ledgegrabbing Brawl edges. How else do you think people can ledgestall safely, besides abusing the auto-sweetspot vertical distance? Just pick Jigglypuff and try grabbing the ledge from as low as possible and you'll see she reaches the ledge from places no body part can reach.

Mikha'el

Smash Cadet
Really hoping this isn't ledge magnetism or hit stun. Im gonna practice this and see if i can come back with a video of me doing this on command.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom