• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco's lazer lock infinite on Diddy!

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
Yeah, the Falco Back Room and I were trying to keep this quiet until Genesis, but clearly that's not going to happen. Oh well, we lasted a whole month, that's pretty good considering my public Youtube account.

Anyway, I'd just like to reassure all you Diddy mains that you aren't boned on BF just yet. I haven't been able to figure out how to make the chaingrab portion of the infinite work 100% of the time yet.
EDIT: Though I should note that I have a couple things I want to try when I get my Wii back, and if they go well you'll be just as boned on Smashville :).

Credit goes to Vlade for discovering Splatting.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
Yeah, the Falco Back Room and I were trying to keep this quiet until Genesis, but clearly that's not going to happen. Oh well, we lasted a whole month, that's pretty good considering my public Youtube account.

Anyway, I'd just like to reassure all you Diddy mains that you aren't boned on BF just yet. I haven't been able to figure out how to make the chaingrab portion of the infinite work 100% of the time yet.
EDIT: Though I should note that I have a couple things I want to try when I get my Wii back, and if they go well you'll be just as boned on Smashville :).

Credit goes to Vlade for discovering Splatting.
Trust me, the if I found out about this earlier, I wouldn't hesitate to make EVERYBODY know.:)

I have to give you props though. This is pretty complex.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

falco = broken on bf
Not quite. Not very many Diddy's stay on the platforms for very long. The chance that a Falco will be in the right spot to grab you is slim. Also if there is a banana on the platform (which there should be if you are going to be staying on there) the boost grab will become obsolete.

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
The two lower platforms are the only places where you're in danger of being caught in this. Keeping a naner on both or the nearest one to you is the simplest way to prevent this imo.

It's going to be difficult pulling it off on Smashville because of the moving platform though.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
lol get wrecked diddy.
Not happening buddy.

The two lower platforms are the only places where you're in danger of being caught in this. Keeping a naner on both or the nearest one to you is the simplest way to prevent this imo.

It's going to be difficult pulling it off on Smashville because of the moving platform though.
I agree, Smashville won't be a problem.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
Smashville combo is different from this one, and utilizes the moving platform to KO Diddy off the side at like 70%.

C'mon guys, you don't think I would think of that? :p

But like I said, I need to test stuff first.

Neither of these combos will ultimately have much impact on the match-up other than giving Diddy just one more reason to stay the heck off of platforms, to be honest.

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
Naner on platform screws that one too, considering Falco has to slide far to be able to do it.

That and we're only in danger of it while we're in chainspike-able percentages.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Yea, Toon Links wont be standing in one spot long enough, let alone a on a platform, to get boned by this.

Amazing Technique though. Good findz

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
meh, pretty meaningless I think. I guess we will see how it develops.

We still have our single nana lock/infinite that works on Falco.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
meh, pretty meaningless I think. I guess we will see how it develops.

We still have our single nana lock/infinite that works on Falco.
There actually aren't any Falcos in my region so that's why one of the reasons I picked up GW as a secondary just in case I had to worry about one out of state.
Can you elaborate on the infinite?

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
The infinite is pretty simple but fairly technical.

You have a banana in hand, jump when you're right next to Falco, down throw, then catch with a fast falled down air, which has no lag if you land at the right time. If done fast enough, you can jump again and downthrow the banana again, rinse and repeat til you're at the end of the stage, and then all you have to do is jump to the other side of him to turn it around. There's nothing they can do if you have the right timing.

Platforms don't stop this.

Also, it works on every character on the cast, but it's not possible to turn it around for everyone. Regardless, it can be comboed off the stage into a rocket barrel spike which over about 50% is death for most characters.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Not if you are frame perfect.

It sucks that no one is frame perfect yet.

But eventually

Falco's and others

Will succumb.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
It's not that hard of a matchup >.>
Really? I don't want to argue, but I'm just wondering why you think so. In my opinion Diddy only has a couple match-ups that are not in his favor, all of which Diddy can win. These being Luigi, Meta Knight, Snake, Marth, Lucario, Wario, and of course Falco (I think D3 can go 55-45 either way). I may have left some out but who knows.

The reason I hate Falco so much is because it's a lot harder to approach him than some characters. His chain grab does not scare me at all since we have bananas, but that reflector is so God **** broken.

Off stage is really amazing for Diddy in this match up though, Falco is so easily gimped off stage.

I don't know, I think it's 60-40 or like 57-43, Something like that.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
This really doesn't mean much in my opinion, it's just kind of there. You're never going to pull this off in a real match, so I wouldn't get too excited. /flame

MrEh

Smash Hero
In my opinion Diddy only has a couple match-ups that are not in his favor, all of which Diddy can win. These being Luigi, Meta Knight, Snake, Marth, Lucario, Wario, and of course Falco (I think D3 can go 55-45 either way). I may have left some out but who knows.
You forgot Jiggs. ^^

Player-1

Smash Legend
Really? I don't want to argue, but I'm just wondering why you think so. In my opinion Diddy only has a couple match-ups that are not in his favor, all of which Diddy can win. These being Luigi, Meta Knight, Snake, Marth, Lucario, Wario, and of course Falco (I think D3 can go 55-45 either way). I may have left some out but who knows.

The reason I hate Falco so much is because it's a lot harder to approach him than some characters. His chain grab does not scare me at all since we have bananas, but that reflector is so God **** broken.

Off stage is really amazing for Diddy in this match up though, Falco is so easily gimped off stage.

Well it's obviously not in his favor, but it's not that hard of a matchup. For one he is easy to combo off of, the P1 CG works really well in this matchup. You have to stay aggressive in the matchup so that he can't laser camp you, but the reflector is usually the turning point of all that momentum, but you can handle it pretty well with 4 strategies.

1. Monkey kick
2. SH > throw banana away > fair
3. crouch and dtilt
4. wait for the reflector if you're close enough, roll into it and punish falco

He's also really easy to gimp. Try charging peanuts when he is coming back onto the stage, charge a peanut until diddy is firing completely straight so that he runs into Falcos (also Foxs) recovery. I've started counting my peanuts kills on wifi a few months ago and I'm up to 85ish more than half of them are from doing what I said previously.

Uair out of his CG, if he's not frame perfect then he will take damage, and the Uair will clash with his dair I think all the time, but there are times when you want to try to do something else like he Fsmashes out of the CG.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace

You are wrong on so many levels. Marth isn't that much of a problem, Wario matches vary greatly depending on the playstyle, and I can't see how Lucario could be that much of a problem. D3 isn't even close to a problem on stage. Falco is better against Diddy's who rely on the nanners on every situation but nobody should play like that anyways.

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
Marth is definitely a problem...

And a good D3 is not easy to beat, it's easy to combo him but smart players won't give you many opportunities.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
Marth is definitely a problem...

And a good D3 is not easy to beat, it's easy to combo him but smart players won't give you many opportunities.
But a good Diddy should make those opportunities. That is what is so great about Diddy, he can morph is playstyle to fit anything. I shouldn't have said anything about Marth, I don't know much about the match-up. Sorryz!

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
You are wrong on so many levels. Marth isn't that much of a problem, Wario matches vary greatly depending on the playstyle, and I can't see how Lucario could be that much of a problem. D3 isn't even close to a problem on stage. Falco is better against Diddy's who rely on the nanners on every situation but nobody should play like that anyways.
Oh, I think you misunderstood me. I wasn't listing the match-ups that **** Diddy. Those match-ups are just ones that Diddy has the lower ratio in. Like Lucario is 55-45, it's still really close. Marth is popularly known as Diddy's worst match-up, but at the same time his worst match-up is highly based on opinion. Warios should air-camp Diddy all day and bite a lot. Diddy struggles to get by both of these. I think when we were talking about doubles DMG said Diddy is really good until a Wario comes along, singles is no different.

D3 is just about even. On stage or not, it's really close in every aspect, I don't know how you support your argument about Diddy wrecking on stage, because D3 does too.

Well it's obviously not in his favor, but it's not that hard of a matchup. For one he is easy to combo off of, the P1 CG works really well in this matchup. You have to stay aggressive in the matchup so that he can't laser camp you, but the reflector is usually the turning point of all that momentum, but you can handle it pretty well with 4 strategies.

1. Monkey kick
2. SH > throw banana away > fair
3. crouch and dtilt
4. wait for the reflector if you're close enough, roll into it and punish falco

He's also really easy to gimp. Try charging peanuts when he is coming back onto the stage, charge a peanut until diddy is firing completely straight so that he runs into Falcos (also Foxs) recovery. I've started counting my peanuts kills on wifi a few months ago and I'm up to 85ish more than half of them are from doing what I said previously.

Uair out of his CG, if he's not frame perfect then he will take damage, and the Uair will clash with his dair I think all the time, but there are times when you want to try to do something else like he Fsmashes out of the CG.
Good ****, thanks. I appreciate it.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
Oh, I think you misunderstood me. I wasn't listing the match-ups that **** Diddy. Those match-ups are just ones that Diddy has the lower ratio in. Like Lucario is 55-45, it's still really close. Marth is popularly known as Diddy's worst match-up, but at the same time his worst match-up is highly based on opinion. Warios should air-camp Diddy all day and bite a lot. Diddy struggles to get by both of these. I think when we were talking about doubles DMG said Diddy is really good until a Wario comes along, singles is no different.

D3 is just about even. On stage or not, it's really close in every aspect, I don't know how you support your argument about Diddy wrecking on stage, because D3 does too.

Good ****, thanks. I appreciate it.

Ya I was a bit out of line, sorry. I still have to disagree with you on the D3 thing. Dedede doesn't have very many options against Diddy. If there is I can't think of any. Diddy is too fast for him to get close and spamming Waddles doesn't much either. They arn't dificult to get around, it just takes some shielding or air dodging. I'm not trying to trash talk D3, I just think that the match up is greatly in Diddy's favor. I secondary D3 so I'm not just talking out of my ***.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I have to say that laser lock is pretty amazing.
Good **** Falco's (even if it's impractical)

Now us Diddy's have gotta step it up.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I showed this to a friend and he said that you can DI the lasers to bounce further left or right, and that will get you off the platform. Is that right?
I don't think so, because Falco can go to the other side of your DI and start shooting you from that direction

Top Bottom