• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falconpunchion Atlanta GA Feb 18 2007 results

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
I'm a little late on the shoutouts as usual...

I had a blast meeting a ton of new GA smashers and had a very cheap, very awesome road trip with my friends =) Most of you GA dudes were too funny and too cool. Hope to see you guys again soon and we'll most certainly wwin that crew battle next time. :bigthumbu

As for specifics-

@112 & carter- You guys were a trip, not to mention awesomely awesome in doubles. Keep up the good teamwork!

@Mike G.- Go to tournaments please, that is all.

@K :)O- You ****ing rock. Thanks alot.

@JMoan & MSlano- It was cool getting to know you guys and I dont think it woud've been the same without yaz.

@Wes- Great tourney, fun times. If i'm not posting in the next tournament thread you put up send me a pm to make sure i catch it in time :)

@Chaddddddddd- You were a really nice dude and talked some real talk in singles, keep training cause me and Nite are beasting teams next time :laugh: Seriously though, we didn't even play singles friendlies or tournament matches....so, yeah, we should play next time. Your Ganon = Beast to the m@xx0r.

I also met a lot of cool dudes that I dont have much to say about besides that it was nice meeting you and I hope to see/play you at the next super-fresh GA tournament. (Prac, TRC, Marty, Tony, Dogy, DanielZammkdjh, and many many more XD) If I didn't mention you please dont take it personally, I <3 GA smashers!

Go to INNsomnia.

-edit-

Usually I would never talk **** in the open on the interweb but it seems like a dude named {decided not to disclose} was talking **** about my skill and ranking in my region at Wes' place the night before the tourney and I'd just like to point out that you didnt make it out of pools and i made 5th after making top-seed in my pool. You know who you are and I would advise you not to talk **** without prior knowledge about who you are talking about. I am usually very nice to people at tournaments and it saddens me that I had to encounter a GA smasher like you. I hate doing stuff like this because it looks cocky and im really not like that but I just wanted to put that out there.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
GOT CHYO ***!!!!!!!

Man, I'm still walkin around quoting the stuff from the crew battle.

And now i keep sayin "USE BOMBS WISELY" whenever my bud pulls a bomb.

Falconpunchion has changed my (smash) life.

Dan2

Smash Apprentice
I just wanted to let everyone know that Falconpunchion was the best tournement I've ever gone to. Thanks for hosting such a great event.
I'll have to practice some more so that when I come back, I'll be able to beat y'all.

TRC sorry about the mew2 ditto man. Me and Impact had to split for Clemson. We ended up getting back at 1:00, and we both had class the next day. I'll get around to losing to you eventually...

To everyone else, it was a pleasure playing with you. I think I've learned some things.
Stay Cool.

mog112

Smash Ace
aight guess ill do some shout outs.

carter - if someone was going to take me out glad it was you. good **** taking out me, wes, bobby, and more. All you got to do is work on some jiggly training. From now on were gonna start winning teams too.

Wes - another tourny hosted, another good result. Glad you step it up for the ga community and host so many events, without you ga smash would have died long ago.

Nite - good job winning the tourny. Your too good. Good stuff with lance in teams too. It was fun hanging out with you guys, hopefully can make it to another tourny sometime.

lance - gj in the crew battles, had me worried. stuff with nite applies here too.

chad and myztek - close teams games, got to play some more next time.

chaddd - you are gettting very good man. singles, teams, crew battle, everything good job.

renegade marth - keep up with marth man. no one plays marth in this state. if you stop its just me and menthol. we need more marths! also yo

c - we didnt get any matches in, that will change next time.

sunchaser - keep it up, falco is improving. let me know when you want to smash some more.

tong - tong for top 10!

datman - close matches as always. learn to play against jiggs lol. also start playing teams.

daniel zaman - im gonna try and do what you did :).

gerbil - you are still getting better man. keep it up, always fun seeing you at tournies. be a little smarter and you will be crazy good.

x2x - learn to fight ganon with samus, or start playing sheik.

reflex - start maining donkey kong, he has much more potential. dont forget bowser though

ares and prac - glad to see some more columbus people coming consistantly. you guys are getting good, keep it up.

beeswarm - glad to meet you man and keep going to tournaments. hope to see you next time and we'll get some more matches in

menthol - call me more when you guys play at perimeter. Any time you play at night, i can probably come. more marth dittos. keep teaching perimeter.

tbag - same applies to you about playing at perimeter. we got to get some matches in.

evan - learn some ice climbers grabs

will - keep up sheik.

kirby jim - use another character, and ill kirby ditto you anytime :)

lajin - next time more random mm

trc - your getting better too. get some south carolina tournaments and i will try and come.

ga - gj winning crew battle.

sry if i forgot anyone. cant wait till next time

Best101

Smash Ace
Developing mindgames is a very difficult thing to do alone. You have to know that there are different aspects to the game, and different play styles with the same character. Camping Fox vs aggressive Fox, running Peach as opposed to a turnip-happy rush down Peach. The only way to master this game is to approach it from a style that takes all forms of a character's game, and recognizes the proper approach to every aspect of each individual characters' games (An example of weakness here is like when someone does very well against Falco or Fox, but sucks against Peach or Jigglypuff). You have to play as many different people as possible, and realize that no matter how good you get, there will be someone, somewhere, who does crazy stuff you've never even thought of before. Unless you're Isai playing Smash Brothers 1. Just keep coming to tournaments, and learn to play against all different styles.
Ok, thx for the info. I'll try to practice with other characters other than just Falco.

Sunchaser007

Smash Journeyman
Ok, thx for the info. I'll try to practice with other characters other than just Falco.
You will learn different styles by playing different characters and I may be wrong on this but I find that learning your main characters strengths and weaknesses would enable you to learn to beat every character in the game. I would recommend sticking /w falco and learning why a character has an advantage over you and learn how to work around it.

co_and_me

Smash Lord
I stole chaddds list for shout outs. I realize most people wont read this but meh whatever.
This is a general statement. I came to this tourny to hang with people. Alot of you doods. So if I dont say something likehey man u were among the reasons I came then just assume it lol.
chaddd- good ****. The entire tourny u did really well. I found another team partner so its cool. And I am willing to admit I dont think you would have won teams with me.

Marty - IT was good to see you again man. You stole my teams partner though. But I guess I can forgive you.

Wes - Always a blast. I need to play with you guys more. But I am stupid and some times pretend i dont play this game.

Cornel - Good fox. I had heard alot about it but never seen you play. good stuff.

KOKingpin - Toooo much fun. Havent seen you in like 2 years? Anyway I am realy glad we ran into each other. All the friendlies were close games expecially IC vs Zelda. Too good man. Maybe I will make it to INN but I highly doubt it.

Rayku - Good **** in teams. I think we can work well together. I am totally game for playing more with you and teaming.

Nite - Great tourny. I didnt hang with you much but you have a really good falco obviously.

Lance - Hung out with you for a little. You guys all seemed really chill. I dont think I acutally watched u play. but i hear its good stuff.

TRC - I was glad to hear you were back in smash. I realize for the most part its a dying game because everyone is waiting for brawl but I was glad you showed. I enjoyed the crews too. You played really well.

Alpha - Didnt see much of you this tourny. LOL still reppin samus though.

112 /carter- I have to say good playing in crews. Honestly I respect you guys as players and I am glad to know you guys in GA. I realize I have talked some crap online recently about how good I am. I admit I was a **** about it. Anyway you both are cool.

Tong - You have caused me to pick up the puff.

Mslano- I chilled with you for a good while. Good stuff. Any friend of KOS is a friend of mine.

Sunchaser- I had no idea you and KO were good friends. Anyway your falco seems o be getting alot better. Good stuff.

WHERE ARE THE VIDS?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
ZOMG.

I realize that I'm deathly late. My apologies, everyone.

I wonder if anyone still cares at this point. :3

Wesley Woodall: DON'T GO TO ENGLAND. WE LOVE YOU~

That aside, another great tournament, as always. This was probably my most fun one so far, which says a lot, since I have such a passion for the game and the tournaments. Once again, you proved that I need some work against aggressive goodness. I can't believe I pulled out that first bit of G&W stuff (was that a 0 to death, or am I imagining things? [No, that was not supposed to be mean or anything; I just have bad memory, and I want to get things straight.]) I'll work on it.

Chaddical: I GOT DIS ****! PHANTASM!!!

I saw a few of your matches; impressive, as always. One day, my Pichu will be able to take more than one stock against you, just you wait...

It was really cool talking to you and stuff. I don't think we actually played, though. However...Nightcrawler ownage. X-Men > pools. I swear, that was the most fun part of the tournament itself. We've -got- to record it next time. 2D beat-em-ups are top tier.

TRC: I AM DAIS, WARLORD OF ILLUSION!

Always a pleasure to see you again. You need to move to Columbus so we can hang out all the time. Sorry to hear that my controller fails; yours is better than any of the ones I own, XD. Waffle House was probably the coolest thing of that entire day. We have to make up some kind of tradition.

Moogle: Nice to see you again. Great matches; I'm surprised that I did so well against you. I'm glad that I have your Mid-South recommendation, and I hope to do even better at INN V. Really awesome guy to talk to.

X2X: Colossus ownage. X-Men > pools. Too bad I didn't see you in the actual tournament; I wanted to have my revenge for beating me at G4S2. I'll have my moment eventually...

KOKingpin: Great matches. It made me feel nice to know that you're doing so well against a lot of the other Mid-South players, and that I was able to do so well against you. Cool to talk to, and beastly Ganon stuff. See you at INN V, right? :D

Ninja: X-Men > pools. You joined late, though. Regardless, wasn't that just too fun? Sorry to hear that you didn't get the dittos you wanted with Chad. Glad to hear that you learned a lot, and I hope that you can come with us to future tournaments.

Rayku: Cool guy. I don't think I gave you a hug this time, XD.

Crew battles audience: It was fun, but a bit too rambunctious for my taste. It makes me feel rather terrible when people seem to be in so much more support of the opponent. I think I understand home-field advantage now...

DogySamich: Your Doc tears my Bowser up; don't sweat things. IMO, I get lucky more often that I should. Your win/loss count against me will shift if I don't step it up!

KirbyJim: Cool guy. Nice to see someone repping the low tier.

Laijin: Your Young Link really is nice. You got your dollar back, XD.

Erm...those are from quick memory...although I have bad memory. Do not feel bad if I left you out; I take all comments and matches to heart, and I enjoy the socialization I get from any of you.

I'm trying to get better at Roy and Pichu. By the way, FP was more like an experimentation on secondary characters of mine; I'll never drop the Boozer, and I'm practicing more often with him now.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
My bad i forgot to post this pic. This was the night before tourney.

I think that was datman,wes and daniel z lol.

Tyros

Smash Cadet
Aaaaaaaaah, curses, no one remembers me or my amigos.
Well, then again, that doesn't surprise me, seeing that I was the craptastic Pikachu no one'd ever seen before the tournament.
This thing made me realize that I'm still too **** slow. Don't know how to get faster, either... Help, perhaps? T'would be nice. I mean... I choked in the first place, but there was DEFINITELY more to it than that.

Anyway... couple questions.
Where was Mike G?

and...

Why the heck were the singles matches so late?! I was soooo freakin' tired at the start of 'em!

But aw well.

Shout-out to the funny brothers who's names I can't remember, the Falco player I fought and managed to keep up with, and who then owned me with Ganondorf, Tong and his team member who fought my friend and I, Pikachu and Fox (TK), and the Samus players from These *****es Don't Die.
Oh, and an annoyed eye-twitch at the other Ganondorf player who temporarily broke my spirit for the night. *sigh*

Anyway, yeah... I won't be heading over to tourneys for a while, not until I find out how to get faster... Adios everyone! Thanks for that oh-so-humbling experience.

- Tyros

GAwes

Hidden Boss
actually, the vid is up lol

pikachu guy - so you aren't going to stick with the community and gain experience through smashfests and tournaments, and somehow you expect to get "faster". thats illogical

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
pikachu guy - so you aren't going to stick with the community and gain experience through smashfests and tournaments, and somehow you expect to get "faster". thats illogical
Seconded. Although I spent countless hours playing by myself before I entered the tournament scene a little less than a year ago, that was all trial and error. The best way to learn this game is experience; I've gotten exponentially better by trying my hand at tournaments. It's the most efficient way of learning.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Come ot INNsomnia V, Sadaharu. Pretty much everyone is coming.

And Im pretty sure he went to FC.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Nite went to FC 6 and didn't make the brackets, yet he wins everything he touches down south? >_>;

I don't know if I can come to INNsomnia. I'll be at *pound* 2 and the EVO opener, though.

Tyros

Smash Cadet
Wes: I never said I wasn't gonna stick with the community. I've already learned a bunch thanks to my searches on this site. What I meant was that I'm not gonna spend half the day driving, then pay just to get my *** handed to me. If there were closer tournaments, then I might consider going, but so far, I haven't seen any. When I think I'll stand a better chance, I'll drive out to a tournament again, perhaps.
I was even considering coming without entering, just to play people, but again, distance is an issue.

Yeah, I need a tournament near me -__-;

- Tyros

Nite

Smash Champion
Nite went to FC 6 and didn't make the brackets, yet he wins everything he touches down south? >_>;

I don't know if I can come to INNsomnia. I'll be at *pound* 2 and the EVO opener, though.
I don't know what I was doing at FC. I don't even have words to describe how stupid I was playing, but it was fun. Haha. Plus a 2nd pool with a couple pros wasn't pretty. (johns) lol. There's been a lot of improvement since then though. I plan to do better at FC 7/8/9/10?? Whatever they are calling it. I'll be at SMYM 7. Hopefully I'll do ok.

But, I'm sure we'll play sometime. I'm gonna try to go to Evo East. It's the closet to you.

Top Bottom