• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon has 2 many limitations

Status
Not open for further replies.

TForce

Smash Rookie
Leviathan:
First, If you quit then you'll never get revenge on me...
Second, I understand your concern, but if perhaps by having this pseudo-revelation you can study what weaknesses Falcon has (as well as your own as a player) and surpass this glass ceiling that's holding you back.
Third, Confidence is key. If you don't believe you can win; you won't.
Fourth,
Even if you can't win the GF of a big tourney

whot he hell cares

it's a ****ing game. have fun with it, with whatever characeter you like.

well said!

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
What? Ok random post <.<
PEOPLE PLZ! Remember that this is to help the boy <.<

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Seriously

don't quit because you don't think you can win Pound 5 or Genesis two with him.

It's about fun, so have it with your favorite character.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Hmm, Keep to the thread support, both of you. rlly, we are to help him, not argue...

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I main Falcon. I think the same way he does. Yes I get ***** at every tourny I go to, but I will NOT QUIT FALCON.

If you don't want to play the character that arguably takes the biggest mental game out of every character then switch to an another fvcking character!!! I think it's possible for Falcon to win giant tournys. Isai did it. And Isai is coming back. So lets see if he can still teach us a thing or 2 about how good this character really is...

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Sorry i just skimmed the thread but here are my thoughts.

Give players credit. By this i mean Mango, Hbox, M2k, Armada, Amsah. They all are extraordinary players.

Darkrain, SS, Hax, and Scar are all good too, but they just aren't there yet.

This game is imbalanced if people make bad decisions at bad times in a matchup that a character has the favor in. at a higher level you don't see pros ****** pros.

I mean pros getting ***** tends to only happen if you are Hbox, Mango, M2k, armada, or amsah.

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
alright guys... i thought about it... and i'll give it another chance, and i'm still playing falcon, soooo yeah, back to smash, but still its seems almost impossible to win with him at tourneys like pound4 ,etc...

oh and isai is on in a million...his level of skill is probably something i don't have the time to achieve...

Laem

Smash Champion
i think ur also way early with judging. honestly, what other tourneys were the size of genesis and pound 4? Beware the force of falcon at genesis2 and pound 5!

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
You can't become isai good because your limiting your self. Really NEVER limit yourself unless it's a case where your should like if you drink or smoke or something.

Really I used to believe I sucked it wasn't like i'm not amazing or anything but I always won vs the bad players I fought and I kept saying I sucked the self insults got worse. I mean I didn't play as much because I felt like I was wasteing everyone's time and etc. I couldn't get better because I staight up limited the F*** out of myself. Really even if I diodn't use techs or anything I was a decent skillless noobI learned the art of sheild grabbing(which works vs people at that level of skill).

Really once I started enjoying myself I forgot got a little better got over the I can't do anything crap and I am still improveing and will never stop improveing myself.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Good riddance.

This is by far the dumbest reason to stop playing a game that I've ever read.

/if you're being serious that is

edit:

You can't say "Peach wins European tournaments" then dismiss the tournaments Falcon HAS won in the US. By your own definition, European tournaments are NOT Pound4 or Genesis. Last time I checked, Fox and Marth haven't won major tournaments in almost 2 years. Sheik hasn't won in like 5 years.

Both Darkrain and Silentspectre have won more tournaments than you have ever attended. Nes N00b (RIP) won a big tournament last year. Mango has won tournaments with Falcon.

Besides, why does it matter how other people do with Falcon? If you played high school or college football, would you quit just because your favorite pro team has never won the Super Bowl?

Wiggins

Smash Ace
^ This!

Don't quit because you feel as if your character wont go anywhere else in the game. This game is amazing and new things are still being discovered, so there's no reason to quit. Just keep playing, keep practicing and evolving your tech skill. And get on with your smash life. That's all you gotta do. Maybe one day you'll reach Isai(sp?) level, maybe not. who gives a ****, play to have fun. :p

Scar

#HarveyDent
So today I played a really good fox...(i was off but still appalling) and got destroyed. Don't get me wrong, I love falcon, he is the only reason I play melee, but still to be honest he has to many limitations in order for a person to win in Grand Finals nowadays at a huge tournament (pound 4 , genesis, etc). I am seriously considering quitting smash, because if my favorite char can't win, I'm not playing this game. The only 6 chars that can win it all and **** are peach, jiggs, and the top tier. Everyone else has no chance.

To Darkrain, Scar, SS, Hax and all other falcon players... i'm sorry but I don't think we'll ever win the grand finals when we have to compete with the 6 chars I just named....

I don't want to have to pick up some character just because he or she is really good... if I don't like them, i'm not playing them...
lol

first of all, idk who you are but i usually don't even win local tournies, much less grand finals at a national

if you're going to quit because you don't think it's possible to ever use falcon and win a national grand finals then you should have quit a long time ago

also you would have quit if you use fox, falco, sheik, marth, or peach as well, and every other character below -- right now jiggs is the only tourney winner IMO

cort once mused that peach could never win national GFs and he was pretty much right except armada came along and beat the best Marth in the world with Peach

but anyways MY point is that you were never going to win grand finals @ a national ever, and neither will 99.999% of the community. National tourney winners are 1-3 people every 3 years.

Falcon has a proven POSSIBILITY of winning every matchup in the game. Falcons currently cannot beat hungrybox and mango, which is to say that no one has beaten them in a very long time. That's probably because those players are better than the 4 of us, and also bc falcon/jiggs is ****ing ********.

so again my point is that basically every character in the game sucks because no character can approach besides fox and falco but they're too hard to play so jiggs wins everything bc she can be consistent and reliable all the time no matter what which is something that humans are incapable of without that help

the fact that humans are incapable of that consistency is why falcon is able to win, bc he punishes those little mistakes so hard

falcon ****ing sucks but so does everyone else besides jiggs, quit bc you're not having fun not because you're not gonna win a national

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
It's funny how a man without legs works harder to walk and run and earns it but you in a smash like case of that are about to quit, not to go farther and prove something to you and everyone esle.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I dont think its fair to say humans can't be consistent enough to win with fox/falco... its just a combination of mango/hbox being really good and nobody being consistent enough right now.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Umm, nobody is being on topic right now either...

All_Characters

Smash Apprentice
Well, what you could do is get good with a top tier character (like fox), and only use him when you need to (grand finals, or semis). Just use your CF for the matches where you are more confident.

Or, if you really want to you could quit. Many other fun things in the world exist other than smash.

X1-12

Smash Champion
i don't think you should quit cause falcon has too many limitations until you're the undisputed best falcon in the world

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
i don't think you should quit cause falcon has too many limitations until you're the undisputed best falcon in the world
Dude, Cap. Falcon, if the player is advanced, has NO limitations against any character
you just keep practice 2 a maximum, not cpus, real people, not online, youll get better Leviathan, trust me...

PEEF!

Smash Hero
lol

first of all, idk who you are but i usually don't even win local tournies, much less grand finals at a national

if you're going to quit because you don't think it's possible to ever use falcon and win a national grand finals then you should have quit a long time ago

also you would have quit if you use fox, falco, sheik, marth, or peach as well, and every other character below -- right now jiggs is the only tourney winner IMO

cort once mused that peach could never win national GFs and he was pretty much right except armada came along and beat the best Marth in the world with Peach

but anyways MY point is that you were never going to win grand finals @ a national ever, and neither will 99.999% of the community. National tourney winners are 1-3 people every 3 years.

Falcon has a proven POSSIBILITY of winning every matchup in the game. Falcons currently cannot beat hungrybox and mango, which is to say that no one has beaten them in a very long time. That's probably because those players are better than the 4 of us, and also bc falcon/jiggs is ****ing ********.

so again my point is that basically every character in the game sucks because no character can approach besides fox and falco but they're too hard to play so jiggs wins everything bc she can be consistent and reliable all the time no matter what which is something that humans are incapable of without that help

the fact that humans are incapable of that consistency is why falcon is able to win, bc he punishes those little mistakes so hard

falcon ****ing sucks but so does everyone else besides jiggs, quit bc you're not having fun not because you're not gonna win a national
Scar, why are all your posts so good? Steady on the same wavelength.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Wow that's an epic sig. rich wheeler. Good thing I spam stuff about corn in the midwest threads.

But I think all of the points have been covered and we are overkilling it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom