• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Falcon CHAT! The Captain Falcon Social Thread

Lionman

Smash Champion
Got 3rd in the open cup, 50 €, i won at Hype generated
got beat by that kid, he is a ****ing monster btw Bardo, a DDD mainer won the tournament (Stupid easier bracket)

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Congrats on the win! Triple Ds are always a pain to fight next to Wall-E R.O.B.

-Fatality-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FatalityFalcon
3DS FC
3695-0049-3723
Well, I just got back from CEO, what a weekend! 512 players were in the tournament.
Singles was a very hit and miss kind of thing for me there, I was doing great in my pool, solidly beat Day's Lucario in Winner's Semis of my pool, and then Winner's Finals of my pool against Shaky's Ness was up, and something really lame happened.
When we were sitting down to play, Shaky asked the guy running our pool if Winner's Finals was Bo5, or Bo3, and the guy told us Bo5, so we sat down and played our matches. He took game 1, I adapted pretty hard and took the next 2 games putting me up 2-1, and then he won the last 2 to clutch the set and win the pool. I ended up beating Day's Lucario in Loser's Finals of my pool again, which secured getting into the top 32, where I would start in loser's bracket. What was lame was when I later came back to the venue after getting food (during the last wave of pools, my pool was in the first wave), I learned that the official rules for the tournament was that ALL pools sets are Bo3, no exceptions, so according to the actual rules of the event, I would have actually beat Shaky's Ness in my pool and started out in Winner's bracket of top 32 against NickRiddle, instead of loser's bracket, but because that one guy running our pool didn't know what he was talking about, Shaky got reported as being the winner instead of me, even though I was up 2-1. That made me pretty mad, but I wasn't able to change things, so I just had to accept the unfair loss, and keep moving forward. For the record, I'm completely ok with losing to Shaky in principle (he's arguably a better Ness than FOW, arguably the best Ness in the world, and an overall amazing player), I was just mad that I literally only got the loss because of one TO's screwup.

Moving on, my first match of loser's bracket of the top 32 bracket was against 6WX's Sonic (he got upset in pools by NickRiddle), which I won 2-1, I then lost to Tyrant's Metaknight 1-2in the next round, putting me out of the tournament. Tyrant's Metaknight is REALLY good, and he exposed the fact that I had no good Metaknight experience, I do now at least. And I'm confident I won't get blindsided in that matchup again.

Otherwise, I got to play ZeRo's Sheik in a Bo5 in competitive friendlies, and though I got 3-0ed, I kept it pretty close, and learned a lot from it. I also beat Dabuz's Rosalina 3-1 in a 20$ MM there, I also beat Master Raven, Seibrik, DKwill, Dath, Phuzix, Poltergust, Dyr, and 6WX again in MMs. I also got to play Trela's Mii Swordfighter in friendlies (seriously, this man is a beast), I won all the games, but dang he kept it really close.

I hope to see some of you guys at EVO, where I'll also be 100$ MM'ing Max Ketchum's Falcon, until then, later!

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Damn that's a lame way to start a bracket. It could've been different with round robin pools but I guess with FIVE FREAKING THOUSAND players it wasn't possible to do so.

Congrats man and I hope seeing you in the top 8 at Evo.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Haha, man @ -Fatality- -Fatality- let me tell you, it sucks having a Falcon as good as you in Georgia because it means I'll never be the Falcon in my area, no matter how hard I train. Mind you, I played you once in PM friendlies and you 2-0'd me, with one of those being a JV5 (I've gotten a lot better since then, but still). Nevertheless, congrats on your continued success. Keep repping the F-Zero Champ for us!

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Mighta discovered a tech, although it should exist in previous games unless there's a change I'm unaware of.

Basically, Sspecial opposite of where you want to go and turn around immediately to get some extra reach on the ground. Since you turn around after the windup, rather then step back and dash, you'll step forward and dash.

Discovered it on Pit the other day, actually. Now that I'm messing around with Cap's move I realize they're quite similar. They travel the exact same distance and even had the same parameters changed on a windbox of all things back on the Wii U version patch. Is there any other Sspecial related techs for Falcon? Pit has a few but they wouldn't work on Cap here since he lacks the unique falling state.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Mighta discovered a tech, although it should exist in previous games unless there's a change I'm unaware of.

Basically, Sspecial opposite of where you want to go and turn around immediately to get some extra reach on the ground. Since you turn around after the windup, rather then step back and dash, you'll step forward and dash.

Discovered it on Pit the other day, actually. Now that I'm messing around with Cap's move I realize they're quite similar. They travel the exact same distance and even had the same parameters changed on a windbox of all things back on the Wii U version patch. Is there any other Sspecial related techs for Falcon? Pit has a few but they wouldn't work on Cap here since he lacks the unique falling state.
That sounds like b-reversing to me, but I can't tell exactly what you're saying. Could you describe it a little more?

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
That sounds like b-reversing to me, but I can't tell exactly what you're saying. Could you describe it a little more?
I'm always getting these B thingies mixed-up... The one where you turn around like a frame or two after starting a special. Not sure if it applies to Nspecials since Pit's can be turned around by default, and I don't really play anybody else heh heh... It's the thing that let's you Uspecial the opposite direction, yaknow?

AusGremlinBoy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AussieGremlinBoy
3DS FC
1934-1768-8886
I just had a thought, which could actually lead to a falcon tech. What if you jumped, b-reversed falcon punch then turned that into a reverse falcon punch? Can anyone clarify if this is possible?

Last edited:
NNID
Shado_Chimera
3DS FC
2019-9854-8378
Falcon Punch cannot be B reversed (B reverse is changing direction and momentum slightly after using the move). Falcon Punch can be turned around in the air but not on the ground (Turn around special is using a special in the opposite direction, no momentum change). You can do an aerial turn around reverse Falcon Punch (Reverse Falcon Punch is different from a B reverse), which is the optimal way to aid recovery with Falcon Dash Punch.

AusGremlinBoy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AussieGremlinBoy
3DS FC
1934-1768-8886
Falcon Punch cannot be B reversed
Does the introduction of reverse falcon punch really mean it can't be b-reversed? I could've sworn you could b-reverse it if you did it fast enough. I guess i was wrong though.

You can do an aerial turn around reverse Falcon Punch
I am aware of wavebouncing, I kinda worded v it like i didn't know what I was doing, idk why.

NNID
Shado_Chimera
3DS FC
2019-9854-8378
Nah it's kinda like a separate move that hits in the opposite direction. You can change your momentum freely during reverse Falcon Punch though.

Well it isn't actually a wavebounce technically. :p Same general inputs though.

D

Deleted member 269706

Yooooo I was screwing around on FG today against this DeDeDe, and I was getting kinda bored cause he wasn't the best player, so I was throwing out Falcon Punches left and right. Well I threw one way out there, like nothing should've come from it, and he tries to catch me in the early frames with a Gordo. That thing flew at me FAST, but the PAWNCH came out just in time and sent him to hell. Oh man it was glorious. Hoping that there's no character tweaks next patch so I can upload that.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
The knee has returned to deliver justice to all evil-doers and Sheik mains! ALL HAIL THE GLORY THAT IS THE KNEE OF JUSTICE! :4falcon:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.

ZeroSnipist

Smash Apprentice
Hey Captain Falcon players! We from the Ryu boards are making a doubles thread. The purpose of the thread is to find the best partner for Ryu. I'm going to invite as many people I can at once and get discussions going on all at once. We invite you to our dojo and hope you could help us discuss Captain Falcon and Ryu in doubles. Thank you in advance!

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
So how did Falcon place in EVO? Just finished watching top 32 and not a single Falcon was seen.

Silvalfo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Silvalfo
So how did Falcon place in EVO? Just finished watching top 32 and not a single Falcon was seen.
All Falcons I watched on stream did pretty poorly, I didn't expect to see people doing so bad in an event such as EVO.

TakeYourHeart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
solemnpancake
Hey Falcon mains, we Little Mac mains are discussing the Capt. and Mac MU over here.

If you got any moves to show, go for it.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I recently found that Captain Falcon's ff upair can totally be used for a lot of combos xD It has enough hitstun to get Knee (I think this has been found) dair, among other things

ff upair to dair to upair is a true combo that deals 36%~ damage (if they don't tech)

Just some neat stuff I found, if it hasn't been talked about yet =D

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
So why is no one talking about how Fatality placed 4th at smashcon while simultaneously kicking Dabuz out of top 8 ? That was amazing

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
So why is no one talking about how Fatality placed 4th at smashcon while simultaneously kicking Dabuz out of top 8 ? That was amazing
Because this thread is like a school: when it's busy, it's really busy. When it's not, it's practically a ghost town.

-Fatality-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FatalityFalcon
3DS FC
3695-0049-3723
I also won Xanadu a few days before that, woot woot F A L C O N B O I Z.
I'm also going to SKTAR 4 next weekend.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
I'm also going to SKTAR 4 next weekend.
Awesome. Look forward to seeing you play again man. I always feel like you are so close to being able to go even with the best folk like Nairo, but for some reason it just doesn't pan out. I'll be rooting for you though.

Lionman

Smash Champion
Im watching Jojo´s Bizarrre Adventure and my life is more mainly, any fans? im starting the 2nd part of the Stardust Crusaders arc

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Well it's hard to not be a Jojo fan. I've already read the first two arcs and have just begun the stardust crusaders arc. This whole series is like a religion in Japan or something.

Top Bottom