• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Falcon CHAT! The Captain Falcon Social Thread

MonkBard

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2638-0453-0713
Going to a local tournament in January. Gonna be putting in some practice with the good ol' Captain. :4falcon:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Any Falcon going to any tournament in the near future ? :T

And anyone noticing anything on patch 1.1.3 ? I haven't seen any differences.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Hey all, Jesse here. Now that Cloud's out, Falcon's getting demoted to secondary. Figure I'll get some good coverage between the two.
That being said, I don't know if this has been shared here, but... here it is:

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
As long as there wasn't a nerf then I'm fine with it.

But a small buff of a frame 1 Knee sweetspot wouldn't hurt.
Captain needs some slight buffs overall i feel like his Uair is weak among other things they can tweak, but that doesn't stop me from playing Capt.

Tythaeus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX-R4GE-Xx
3DS FC
4038-7179-8613
Captain needs some slight buffs overall i feel like his Uair is weak among other things they can tweak, but that doesn't stop me from playing Capt.
I would play Captain Falcon regardless of any nerfs/buffs, but I honestly feel that CF is fine as is.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
I would play Captain Falcon regardless of any nerfs/buffs, but I honestly feel that CF is fine as is.
I'm the same way i mainly use Link as he's my main and not until the last few patches did he get some decent buffs, but whether a character has decent buffs or terrible nerfs if i like them i'll still use them... hell i still use Greninja!

ItsIve

Smash Cadet
I think the nerfs that Falcon had were pretty unnecessary. The up-air nerf is still something I occasionally wish never happened, but apparently the nerf made falling upair to knee work for a longer period of time which is good because that's how I get a majority of my kills. The nerf to bair was pretty bad as well. He's designed to be one of the more "balanced" characters in the game who can destroy everybody, and everybody can do the same to him. It just made no sense when the character barely at the bottom of high-tiers was nerfed when everybody above him was unchanged, and I think Luma's health increased that patch, but I'm not actually sure

Tythaeus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX-R4GE-Xx
3DS FC
4038-7179-8613
I was fine with the UAir nerf since falling UAir to Knee worked longer, but the nerf to BAir was just unnecessary. The bright side is that these nerfs, although somewhat unecessary, were not drastic and CF is still fun to play.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

One year ago on this very day, I picked up the Captain. *Salutes* Merry Christmas all.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
One year ago on this very day, I picked up the Captain. *Salutes* Merry Christmas all.
Truly an amazing moment i along with others have bare witnessed to selecting that legendary warrior on the character select screen and hearing this epic name "Captain Falcon!".. enough of that Merry Christmas everyone!

Tythaeus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX-R4GE-Xx
3DS FC
4038-7179-8613
Merry Christmas everyone. May today be filled with you disrepcting noobs to your fullest potential, or enjoying time with your families. (Or disrespecting noobs as a family lol)

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Any of you boys at Genesis? It'd be cool to meet some of you here.

Lionman

Smash Champion
People are asking me to attend tournaments again, im "busy" with photography but the real thing is that im not in the mood to tryhard anymore.

I would like to play smash but i have no local scene and im forced to travel everytime i want to play with a top player to practice "I have a friend who plays smash here but he isnt the type of smasher who focuses in improving"

Probably i will play Anther´s leader, i tried it months ago and i learned a lot of useful stuff there (Also i got rektd sometimes)

I just wanted to share my thoughts, i dont think im a really good Falcon but i love playing him and discover new stuff

PS: Learning DLC character match ups is annoying

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Sadly I missed most of Genesis, are the videos already up ? Are there some from Fatality ?

Also Lion it's totally up to you to keep playing the game or not, I loved seeing vids of your tournament exploits and if you do come back on the scene I'm sure that you'll be able to show some moves.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Was Unable to make it to Genesis due to work, But I did see the entire stream lot's of good matches!.

Clamhat

Smash Rookie
NNID
Clamhat
I didn't see a Captain Falcon-related "introduce yourself" thread, so, hello pals

Lionman

Smash Champion
Im going to a national spanish tournament in april, wont practice at all, just for taking pictures and fun.

BTW i hope to place well because im doing a lot of sport now and i feel a lot more healty so i think i can perform better

D

Deleted member 269706

Is anyone else getting as much milage out of dthrow > dair as I am? Holy crap this is an amazing set up. If you double jump immediately after the dthrow and they airdodge, it's all yours. You can also just do it raw if they don't airdodge. Damn it's a nice combo.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
I love it against airdodgers but the poblem is at one point they stop airdodging and then it stops working.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Quick question by any chance does Captain Falcon have like a discord group I can join? I was just curious is all...

Lionman

Smash Champion
Won a local tournament with amateur people and only omega with no stocks only time matches, i stomped them, its good to be a huge assasin shark in a place with little fishes.

People were like: Omg this guy is a pro

There were no prize but i wanted to play smash

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
There's nothing wrong with wanting to play smash. And there's nothing wrong either with dunking on people with Falcon.

Lionman

Smash Champion
There's nothing wrong with wanting to play smash. And there's nothing wrong either with dunking on people with Falcon.
I rektd them so hard to teach them who rules in my city so they get better and finnaly get good offline training buddies.

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Man that's just like me teaching people in friendlies. "Dude stop airdodging every time, you're just hurting yourself".

On a side note I'm going to what should be France's biggest tourney in 2 weeks, with Smash 4 1v1+2v2+3v3, Melee 1v1+2v2 and Brawl 1v1. I'm entering everything save for Melee.
Sadly I won't play Falcon in Brawl because I can't play him anymore after 1+ year of smash 4 (goddamn Brawl Falcon was the saddest thing on earth I swear), but I'm going Full Falcon in smash 4.

That's the only tournament I know that does 3v3s and seriously it's a shame, in my opinion 3v3 is better than 2v2 in smash 4.

I'll also be commentating and I'll try to be as entertaining as possible.

Last edited:

Caliph

Smash Rookie
NNID
brover1
Is there a falcon discord group? I couldn't find it on the falcon forum page?

Edit: never mind found it, sorry about that!

Last edited:

RidlR

Smash Rookie
So uh...I've got like...3 hours to learn Falcon for a random tournament. xD Anyone want to help out? Just some obvious gameplay stuff, really.

D

Deleted member 269706

I found myself trying so hard to win, I forgot what it meant to enjoy the game.

So I went back to unto he who was once my main, and I realized:

I never should've abandon him.

Top Bottom