• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Falcon CHAT! The Captain Falcon Social Thread

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Still upsetting to see Smash 4 only got an updated Mute City and nothing more. (Well, there's that ripped SNES Red Canyon song) There's still plenty of untouched songs from the franchise. :facepalm:

Wish Climax would get some love in smash... That game had some sick remixes.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Wait...I just realized something...Fire Emblem not alone....it'll be F-Zero's 25th anniversary this year as well! Ah..I hope they acknowledge it.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
It'll probably be aknowledged as much as the Metroid 25th anniversary.
Yeah, that was disappointing...

Well, to some extent (of course)...there's just nothing left for me to do in any of the F-Zero games...(same goes for Star Fox) I mean, I've unlocked all the drivers and Cups in GX of all things!!! That was painful...

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Man finishing all the cups on GX in the master difficulty, I remember that nightmare. I'm pretty sure there are some that I still can't win tbh, shame on me.

M@v

Subarashii!
F-Zero X is still my favorite in the series :3. None of the games are bad though, which is impressive.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I still need to acquire GX. It's so expensive to purchase online. While none of the games were bad, Maximum Velocity was my least favorite.

Kluft

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kluft-f-zero
I don't know if this warrants a new Thread or if it's something thats already known so I will post this here.

At Launch I saw some Threads about Falcon players not being able to double-jump after a throw at the ladge,
so I tried to figure out why that happens in training mode.

If you dash-grab, throw and C.Falcon slides to the ledge, the game thinks you are running of of it.
So you use up your double-jump to jump, even though you are not in the air.

At least that's my theory, it would be helpfull if someone can confirm it.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Yeah there's this weird transition state between being on solid ground/running off of it (being in the air), if you shield you'll shield, if you jump you'll mid air jump rather than a grounded one. Causer of many an SD I'm sure.

It's just the mechanics of the game and it's universal.

Last edited:

Kluft

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kluft-f-zero
Yeah there's this weird transition state between being on solid ground/running off of it (being in the air), if you shield you'll shield, if you jump you'll mid air jump rather than a grounded one. Causer of many an SD I'm sure.

It's just the mechanics of the game and it's universal.
Thanks, I thought, it was wierd that something like this isn't really talked about.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
It's been talked about in the beginnings, but now it's just widely accepted.

It's not even the worst thing the new engine does tbh, I prefer that bug to the one that transforms your grabs into shields after a pivot, or into Ftilts during a pivot.

BSP

Smash Legend
Hm, I didn't know that. I usually back throw after Fthrowing near the ledge, so it doesn't come up for me much. Good to know though.

Also guys, Falcon can run through Pac-Man's fire hydrants. I still see people jumping over it, wasting time. Run through it.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
It's been talked about in the beginnings, but now it's just widely accepted.

It's not even the worst thing the new engine does tbh, I prefer that bug to the one that transforms your grabs into shields after a pivot, or into Ftilts during a pivot.
It's been this way since Brawl at least, just now it's more pronounced (it's what allows ledge cancelling tech to be easier in this game than Brawl).

You won't get ftilts during a pivot grab attempt if you input grab before you input the turn around.

Last edited:

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
Sup guys, I found Falcon extremely fun in this game and I decided to learn him seriously.

I want to be able to show some moves

Last edited:

ndesocio

Smash Rookie
NNID
ndesocio
I 100% agree with ZeRo there. In the (unfortunately few) tournaments that I've been, I've only seen one, maybe two Captain Falcon mains besides me who were decent. Mind you, I'm not saying I'm good with the character, in fact, I still lose to most of competitive players because I just picked up the metagame AND the character, but I strongly believe that Captain Falcon, if played at top level (even better than ZeRo or Fatality level) can become one of the characters in the game. We just need to work hard to exploit all his potential of speed and power.

And that was my first post here. Hi :D

Kluft

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kluft-f-zero
I 100% agree with ZeRo there. In the (unfortunately few) tournaments that I've been, I've only seen one, maybe two Captain Falcon mains besides me who were decent. Mind you, I'm not saying I'm good with the character, in fact, I still lose to most of competitive players because I just picked up the metagame AND the character, but I strongly believe that Captain Falcon, if played at top level (even better than ZeRo or Fatality level) can become one of the characters in the game. We just need to work hard to exploit all his potential of speed and power.

And that was my first post here. Hi :D
Welcome to the Falcon-Boards and enjoy your stay.

(This is from an outsiders Prospective because there is no smash scene where I live)
Most of the known tech for Falcon isn't widely practiced and/or explored and Match-up Knowledge is hard to come by.
Just compare the Falcon Match-up Thread to the Rosalina one, it's like night and day.

(I will try to write more later)

ndesocio

Smash Rookie
NNID
ndesocio
Welcome to the Falcon-Boards and enjoy your stay.

(This is from an outsiders Prospective because there is no smash scene where I live)
Most of the known tech for Falcon isn't widely practiced and/or explored and Match-up Knowledge is hard to come by.
Just compare the Falcon Match-up Thread to the Rosalina one, it's like night and day.

(I will try to write more later)
Of course. I think part of the problem is that most people think Falcon is a simple character with a straightforward moveset without much deepness; which is just not true. That said, I really appreciate what @Trifroze is doing in the new match-up thread. It gives detailed explanations of what works and what doesn't for Falcon against the top tiers. I think that thread would be perfect is we could start making some videos showcasing what is posted there. Maybe a YouTube/Twitch channel similar to what 20GX movement guys are doing for Melee Falcon.

Lionman

Smash Champion
I never played a Falcon player able to beat me, Zero is right, Falcon may be easy to use but he is hard to master, because he has a lot of different options.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Hi, I'm picking up CF as my high tier character :) Anything I should be aware of/practice or guides I should read?

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Hi, I'm picking up CF as my high tier character :) Anything I should be aware of/practice or guides I should read?
What's up fellow :4zelda: socialite?

A good guide to start with would be Gawain's :4falcon: guide which goes in depth on Falcon's tools and abilities.
http://smashboards.com/guides/capta...-new-update-4-14-15-footstool-video-guide.25/

In addition, Trifroze's video on combo setups with Falcon should be a good visual to understand certain methods of attacking your opponent.

There's also a match-up thread you can check into to understand various advantages/disadvantages Falcon has against certain characters

PokemonyeWest

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4770-2872
good god what do I do against Sheik

EDIT: This meaning, how do I deal with her safe f-airs. Even if I spot dodge them, that's a grab mixup

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
You outspace them. Don't let her play on your shield or in close quarters because you have no real answer for it.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Wait...I just realized something...Fire Emblem not alone....it'll be F-Zero's 25th anniversary this year as well! Ah..I hope they acknowledge it.
Well, E3's in two weeks, so I guess we'll find out then.

I'm not very optimistic, but I certainly hope we hear something.

F-Zero X is still my favorite in the series :3. None of the games are bad though, which is impressive.
That's because F-Zero X is the best in the series. It was a nice progression from the original F-Zero, and it kept the mood and feel on the right track (especially with respect to keeping the comic book aesthetic, and I loved the introduction of the metal OST). GX definitely has the best gameplay, but it sacrifices the world Nintendo built in favor of some weird Sega art direction. Would love to see EAD back at the helm of the next one.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Falcon mains, if you were to describe your character as "rushdown", "mixups" or "bait and punish" which 2 would you pick and why?

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Mixups and baitnpunish.
Rushdown doesn't correspond to the character as his offense isn't really safe on shield and his approach options are telegraphed.
He needs the opponent to not be able to predict his actions in order to apply pressure. Many of his moves can be each used in various situations and he often has multiple optionsfor a given situation.
His punish game is off the roof thanks to his high mobility and strong single hit moves. Everyone that has once airdodged out of Falcon's Dthrow can agree. He can also punish small mistakes that other characters can't punish thanks to the hig burst range of dash grab, dash attack, raptor boost and falcon kick.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
No luck at all when it comes to the restocks.

I'm only interested in the Yarn Yoshi amiibos now.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
No luck at all when it comes to the restocks.

I'm only interested in the Yarn Yoshi amiibos now.
What do you think they'll MSRP for in the US? I haven't found any info on it but I haven't really looked too hard. I'm guessing around 18 or 20.

Top Bottom