• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Falcon CHAT! The Captain Falcon Social Thread

Stafy

Smash Journeyman
Honestly surprises me, I think I see the same posters in this subforum moreso than the other ones.

Must be a lot of lurkers I guess. That, or of course, they've pledged their allegiance to the knee.

Sakelig

Smash Rookie
what character should be my 2nd if Falcon is my main? (any tips before picking a 2nd charcter?)

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Your Brawl main was Rob, I'd honestly start with him and see if you like him. He's a little different this time around (but I think they buffed his laser).

NT 3000

Style>Winning
NNID
NoiseTank3000
3DS FC
2578-3240-5015
New to the falcon boards! But not new to our lord and savior C. falcon himself. Mostly post on the ike and shulk boards but I'll def be making appearances over here! Basically a hello to everyone :D! Hopefully I can show you all my moves ;)

SirKenneth

Smash Cadet
Does any one know of a captain falcon main by the name of XahGee I had a ton of fun matches with him on for glory and wanted to find him if anyone can help. I'm SirKen and main Sheik

Last edited:

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
SirKenneth, try posting here, maybe you'll get lucky: http://www.reddit.com/r/smashedconnections

I just had a win-and-lose streak to a mediocre Japanese player because of the lag. I was confident I could beat him/her anyway, but nope. My reaction time went down like an anchor... And my winning rate went from 85% to 80% :\

Note to self and to others: if you KNOW the match is going to lag, just disconnect and try another player. It's not worth it. You're better off fighting GOOD players with a good connection. You'll improve this way, at least, even if you lose.

Kluft

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kluft-f-zero
I randomly found this video when I was looking for falcon guides on Youtube.

Any thoughts?

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Dropping a character like that actually places him/her on a bad position. Good players will recover directly to the ledge, though.

Also, utilt/dtilt are incredible edgeguarders. Also, UpSmash, strangely enough.

link2702

Smash Champion
have to say I'm loving the new smash4 falcon. I'm now convinced that falcon shall be my main in smash4.

TheBlueFalcon

Smash Cadet
Airdodge cancelling is an important technique. I've noticed a few people doing this online and assumed it was lag.
Good to see this is easy for the Captain to do, it will certainly be helpful.

Got my hands on a new 3DS and the C-stick is extremely useful. Makes the Corridor (RAR followed by F-smash) a lot easier to do as well as U-airs, and aerials in general. Falcon has serious potential and I think we'll see a lot more moves being shown once the Wii U version and new 3DS hit the Western shores.

NT 3000

Style>Winning
NNID
NoiseTank3000
3DS FC
2578-3240-5015
Airdodge cancelling is an important technique. I've noticed a few people doing this online and assumed it was lag.
Good to see this is easy for the Captain to do, it will certainly be helpful.

Got my hands on a new 3DS and the C-stick is extremely useful. Makes the Corridor (RAR followed by F-smash) a lot easier to do as well as U-airs, and aerials in general. Falcon has serious potential and I think we'll see a lot more moves being shown once the Wii U version and new 3DS hit the Western shores.
What would you say are good Air dodge canceling options for us? I haven't even tried to test it yet.

mlorenzo

Smash Journeyman
The so called falcon drop is an ok technique overall. Is really good on some characters, while on others it won't work at all. It's a good tech to use but not abuse every time. Overall is a good mixup and I research all of these option previously. This will work on people that jump. Most people are mashing and panic when you do this the first time, so is usually a guarantee kill the first time you do it.

Also I have been to three tourneys so far for ads, and this pummel release, and grab release has work. Overall, is character dependent, and most of the time you get more of a forward throw.

Last edited:

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
I kind of wish Falcon got his old 64 sex kick nair back for this game. The biggest thing I feel he's lacking in his air game is a good high priority anti-juggle type move.

He has amazing hitboxes above and behind himself in the air, but nothing that covers below him. His current nair is okay but the hitbox is not that big compared to sex kicks than his leg and it doesn't have a meaty duration.

If only his nair was more like Yoshi's, then he would have a strong option for interrupting juggles, a move that he could SHFF and still hit short/crouching characters, and he could do even more combos since everyone else seems to have weak hit nair combo stuff. Oh well.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
A cool weak knee into knee setup i got on a Robin.

Last edited:

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
That was sexy. I love the feeling of landing a knee like that :lol:

Last edited:

iVoltage

$5.99 Abuser
So I really need tips on how to land a knee from a down throw setup. I think I'm a bit too slow since they always can airdodge it.

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
So I really need tips on how to land a knee from a down throw setup. I think I'm a bit too slow since they always can airdodge it.
Bait the airdodge since you know its coming. Jump just higher than them, they'll throw out the airdodge, then Fast Fall into the knee on the end frame of the dodge

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
^I've mained Falcon since the first game and... I didn't even think of that, I always just wait on the ground or something. Thanks!

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
I'll make sure to practice this then! Thanks alot.
Best way I like to set up off of Dthrow is: Down Throw>Full Hop Uair>Fast Fall into the short hop knee. You won't ALWAYS catch them like this, but its a nice way to rack damage and even a sour knee will push them back enough to get your butt out of there before you get rekt for doing it. Sweet spot should send them WAY off and give you a chance to spike

ConeZ

Smash Apprentice
So just out of curiosity? Is Nair approach still a thing in this game?
I have tried it a few times, and it might just be the 3DS controls, but it feels like the angle is a bit off. I just wanna know what people think because if it is something I am doing wrong, I WILL go back to the lab.

NT 3000

Style>Winning
NNID
NoiseTank3000
3DS FC
2578-3240-5015
I have tried it a few times, and it might just be the 3DS controls, but it feels like the angle is a bit off. I just wanna know what people think because if it is something I am doing wrong, I WILL go back to the lab.
Nairs hit box isn't the best in smash4. you can approach tall characters with this but priority of the move isn't the best either. Bair imo is a better option. Plus between 30-80% (character dependent) you can bair and follow up with a grab if you're quick enough.

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
Its been said, its not an approach. I typically only use it off of D throw>uair>nair>gentleman. Otherwise it stays in the pocket.

Kirchu

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4313-1025-7630
Where exactly is the aerial side-b sweetspot?

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
^Asking the important questions. I've been wondering this for days now... Lionman caught me in one in one of our ditto matches (I only won 1 of them... he won like 10, lol) and I couldn't tell exactly what happened.

Anyone got any theories? Mine is that you have to hit the opponent at the very last part of the dash in order for it to sweetspot, but I can't confirm it :\

NT 3000

Style>Winning
NNID
NoiseTank3000
3DS FC
2578-3240-5015
^Asking the important questions. I've been wondering this for days now... Lionman caught me in one in one of our ditto matches (I only won 1 of them... he won like 10, lol) and I couldn't tell exactly what happened.

Anyone got any theories? Mine is that you have to hit the opponent at the very last part of the dash in order for it to sweetspot, but I can't confirm it :\
I'm pretty sure it's last hit too. The very last part of the attack.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Just tested it. It happened on the FIRST part of the attack now.

... I have no idea. Maybe there're 2 sweetspots?

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
So I made this for Halloween, & while I don't have a costume of the majestic Captain, I did make this:

Last edited:

Munchy

Smash Rookie
Thought I'd drop by and say hi really. I've primarily been maining the Pink Falcon in online and just... I love him. I'm not really a guy who plays flashy in most games, but I've ended up feeling like I'm putting on a show at times - With the taunting at the start of the match, to the unnecessary running and attacks, and finally to crazy KOs like this (okay not all the time, but it's the one I'm most proud of!).

I think it's safe to say I probably belong here :V

Last edited:

NT 3000

Style>Winning
NNID
NoiseTank3000
3DS FC
2578-3240-5015
Thought I'd drop by and say hi really. I've primarily been maining the Pink Falcon in online and just... I love him. I'm not really a guy who plays flashy in most games, but I've ended up feeling like I'm putting on a show at times - With the taunting at the start of the match, to the unnecessary running and attacks, and finally to crazy KOs like this (okay not all the time, but it's the one I'm most proud of!).

Welcome fellow knee of justice!

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846

Come for the justice, stay for the ridiculously over the top KOs and flashiness with no good reason.

Welcome fellow Captain

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
So does Raptor Boost have a sweet spot or something?

I'm positive there is some weird stuff going on with knockback being ridiculously, significantly increased for seemingly no reason on all characters. Like, Lil' Mac killing with uncharged forward smash on Rosalina at 90% in the middle of FD or - and this is the reason I'm asking - (for Glory match) Raptor Boost killing CHARIZARD AT 70% (and this percentage is AFTER the Raptor Boost connected)!

I was absolutely dumbfounded. I thought Falcon might've become a god and then the very next game Raptor Boost doesn't even kill at 140%. He was at only a moderate percentage when he killed me so early so there's no way Rage is that dramatic. I just don't understand.

Also, glitch time! Pullback Raptor Boost (Custom SideB3) has ridiculously increased travel distance if done soon after recovering from hitstun, or at least that's how I think it happens. It's been recreated several times throughout matches with my brother and it's cartoonish how far he goes. Easily doubles the ordinary distance, almost even triples.

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
So does Raptor Boost have a sweet spot or something?

I'm positive there is some weird stuff going on with knockback being ridiculously, significantly increased for seemingly no reason on all characters. Like, Lil' Mac killing with uncharged forward smash on Rosalina at 90% in the middle of FD or - and this is the reason I'm asking - (for Glory match) Raptor Boost killing CHARIZARD AT 70% (and this percentage is AFTER the Raptor Boost connected)!

I was absolutely dumbfounded. I thought Falcon might've become a god and then the very next game Raptor Boost doesn't even kill at 140%. He was at only a moderate percentage when he killed me so early so there's no way Rage is that dramatic. I just don't understand.

Also, glitch time! Pullback Raptor Boost (Custom SideB3) has ridiculously increased travel distance if done soon after recovering from hitstun, or at least that's how I think it happens. It's been recreated several times throughout matches with my brother and it's cartoonish how far he goes. Easily doubles the ordinary distance, almost even triples.

Bad vectoring on their part if you're killing Charizard at 70%. Only way it makes sense. Or if you catch them just when they start a jump animation they're already in the air and get the little extra

Top Bottom