• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Falcon CHAT! The Captain Falcon Social Thread

Shog

Smash Ace
You remember Snake's behind?

Dafuq just happened to Captian Falcon? I mean sure, he didn't get a new game in a long time... but(t) O___O

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Bad vectoring on their part if you're killing Charizard at 70%. Only way it makes sense
Nah, it's probably because Charizard was charging a smash. You get 20% more vulnerable to knockback while charging a smash. Happened to me before, knee'd a Bowser while he was charging a f-smash... KO'd at like 60%. It was brutal.

By the way, have any of you guys joined a competitive ladder? I like Anther's: www.smashladder.com

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Would just like to come in here and say HELLO FELLOW FALCONS! He's a main (one of 4 or 5 I have) of mine, and I can't fit him into my userbar thing. Falcon is super fun in this game and oh my god does it ever feel good to have gotten something out of him in this title as opposed to Brawl. I'm glad I stuck out for him, he's incredibly smooth.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Hahaha man, don't take this the wrong way, but honestly, I'd pick just 1 main and 4/5 secondaries if I were you. Welcome aboard, anyway!

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Well, I guess you could consider it like that if you wanna call Falcon a secondary! I just want a versatile kit of characters so I can play multiple MUs reliably, ya know?

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Yep, that's what secondaries are for. Or, you know, you just really like playing as that character :p

link2702

Smash Champion
I am curious....have any of you falcon's faced another falcon by the name of keeta lately?

also would anyone be willing to swap FC's with me? my schedule is kind of awkward due to work and school, but I'm usually available up till 4:30 PM central time Thursdays, wed only until 11am central time. Rest of the week its kind of a toss up due to my job.

Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
The 3DS can't gandle the knee of justice, I just got done running through All-Star mode with Falcon and the moment I hit someone with the knee the frame rate dropped for a split second I'm guessing this is a four player thing though cause I don't remember seeing it happen in 1v1, then again I rarely see any Falcons in For Glory.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Huh. That's odd, I hit the knee on All-Star mode all the time, and so far I'm lag free... What happened, exactly?

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I always play with the 3D off, it was in the Animal Crossing stage, I was fighting three of the characters there and as soon as I hit Lucario with the knee I could see the frame rate dropas it happened, I don't even mean the hit effect where everything stops for half a second either.

Bullys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bullys23
Thought I'd stick my head in here.

I guess I'd call myself a Falcon main. Smash has been something I've done on and off again since its release, I've always enjoyed it but never given it the time it clearly deserves (and honestly I am deeply regretful of that).

I always played Falcon on melee, and spent most of my 3DS time on Falcon thus far. I am the sort of person that likes to pick something and stick with it (as such, I World of Warcraft I really didnt play secondaries/alts until like 8 years into the game). I have picked a few secondaries in this, but Falcon still feels far more natural.

This forum has been great to help me ease into the transition of playing. My reactions are shot these days (I am old, and been a hardcore gamer for around 15 years, and by hardcore, I do mean 12+ hours a day competitive/tournament player) but unfortunately my last, lets say 6 years have really not been reaction or speed based, but more using experience to control. But smash is too fun to not give it a go.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hey Falcon mains, while I don't main the guy, I absolutely love him (as expected) and I think I found a combo for him, though it is very depended on the enemies movement. The combo is

Dash attack > F smash.

IT can get you very good kills however the trick is reading where your opponent is going to land and it helps if the Air Dodge land to get the extra time to hit them. That just my 2 cents though, your will to test it if you want.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Hey Falcon mains, while I don't main the guy, I absolutely love him (as expected) and I think I found a combo for him, though it is very depended on the enemies movement. The combo is

Dash attack > F smash.

IT can get you very good kills however the trick is reading where your opponent is going to land and it helps if the Air Dodge land to get the extra time to hit them. That just my 2 cents though, your will to test it if you want.
The dash attack pops the opponent too high, even at 0%, for it to be a combo. It doesn't work.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Well, it did end up working at 0% on a lvl 9 Falcon... however, we'd need human opponents to test this with vectoring.
Yeah, I vs a lv 9 Doc Mario once on Boxing Ring Omega and manged to Dash attack to slightly charged fsmash and ko'd him about 70% mark.

Stafy

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else notice you can juggle mid-weight or heavy characters with Nair?

On training mode I could consistently juggle Dedede and ROB with Nair and carry them all the way to the opposite end of FD.

Bullys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bullys23
Anyone else notice you can juggle mid-weight or heavy characters with Nair?

On training mode I could consistently juggle Dedede and ROB with Nair and carry them all the way to the opposite end of FD.
Thats interesting, going to give it a go now.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
unless it's a true combo it'll be important to test that on another human imo

Stafy

Smash Journeyman
@Victra: I've been able to do it to some of my sparring partners, who play Dedede and ROB. In training mode as well, the counter stops at 006 or 008 or so.

I notice that you could probably get two Nairs off on some of the cast, but I'd reckon it's most of the characters with bigger hitboxes.

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
@Victra: I've been able to do it to some of my sparring partners, who play Dedede and ROB. In training mode as well, the counter stops at 006 or 008 or so.

I notice that you could probably get two Nairs off on some of the cast, but I'd reckon it's most of the characters with bigger hitboxes.
This is interesting, i have done Nair strings many times but i never realised it was a true combo!
I could also could get up to 08 hits on the combo meter in on Bowser with four Nairs, and Nair x 4 > Uair also works. But like you said this probably only works on bigger characters since i couldn't do this on Sheik for example.

Last edited:

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
I'm not much of a lab monster, but something Falcon had on ROB in Brawl is now possible vs other characters in Smash 4, namely his first hit nair > footstool. There might be some cool tricks to figure out with this, especially when you start shorthopping the footstools.

Last edited:

TheBlueFalcon

Smash Cadet
In my For Glory matches I've found Falcon typically struggles in lag, more so if the opponent is spamming projectiles. The other player can just stand there and mash B, while you have to perform all sorts of fancy evasion tricks to avoid getting hit. If you're in lag, then this can cause problems and typically gives the other player a decent number of free hits.
This is noticeably worse if they're edgeguarding, because again mashing B is not quite as difficult as timing Falcon's already difficult recovery correctly in order to avoid a torrent of fireballs/arrows/spiked balls/squeaky toys etc.

I've found the best tactic against these types online is simply to leave the session. Find someone who doesn't abuse projectiles in lag. It'll save you a lot of unnecessary exertion and will probably help to preserve your win record too.
If and when the selection of available stages is widened in the future, this will be less of a problem for Falcon because we'll have terrain variety on our side and camping will be less of an issue.
For now though, I don't see any point in needlessly giving a few projectile spammers the upper hand. Unless you particularly want to dish out justice, of course. :4falcon:

Kluft

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kluft-f-zero
I thought about making a list to easily look up at what % Falcon can KO/combo what character, but I realised it isn't that easy. So I leave some questions here if someone can answer them:

How does the AI in training mode vector at different lvls?
How much does VI
How much Knockback does the rage effect add?

Stafy

Smash Journeyman
Rage Effect is notable enough that Dthrow -> Nair isn't possible and you'd have to Dthrow to Uair instead. You also can't Fthrow -> Dash Attack with it as well.

Vectoring is random at all levels.

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
I'm not much of a lab monster, but something Falcon had on ROB in Brawl is now possible vs other characters in Smash 4, namely his first hit nair > footstool. There might be some cool tricks to figure out with this, especially when you start shorthopping the footstools.
Yeah this is pretty cool. It's unfortunate though that Falcon does not have any weak attacks that forces the opponent to get up after a footstool (like Peach sourspot Nair for example) or this could have been really useful.

Last edited:

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
I thought about trying the landing hitbox of falcon kick(or its customs?). Weak hit fair should work, but it's too laggy on landing.

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
Gardex: I tried with the weak hit Fair and it didn't work. It seems however, that you can hit the opponent with a Dair if you fastfall it as quickly as possible after the footstool!

So you could go First hit Nair > Footstool > Dair > Knee for example since Dair combos into Knee at certain percents.

Im not completely sure though and the timing is very strict but im gonna experiment more with this Nair to footstool thing!

Last edited:

NoviceSmasher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
akeane1697
3DS FC
3668-8892-8828
has anyone seen a pro player falcon competitively??,,

Last edited:

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
I think many people have already used Falcon competitively in SSB4, yeah. I can't recall names, though :\

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Gardex: I tried with the weak hit Fair and it didn't work. It seems however, that you can hit the opponent with a Dair if you fastfall it as quickly as possible after the footstool!

So you could go First hit Nair > Footstool > Dair > Knee for example since Dair combos into Knee at certain percents.

Im not completely sure though and the timing is very strict but im gonna experiment more with this Nair to footstool thing!
What about first hit Nair > Footstool > Lightning Falcon Kick > Footstool->Kick loop > Knee?

If that combo is legit then wow. Falcon already has huge combos on heavy characters, but with this then Falcon might have a legit combo for floaties too.

Edit: Holy crap this actually works.

And it works on Rosalina.

Lightning kick is amazing.

Okay it doesn't work so well on most characters. It works best on tall floaty characters like Peach and Rosalina.

Last edited:
Top Bottom