• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Falco Social (Where We Prefer The Air And The Points Don't Matter!)

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Main reason why IAP isn't particularly useful is because it lacks a hitbox in the last 1/3 of the move. It has pretty laggy startup and has to be used near the opponent, it's not particularly safe to be used at this range. Doubt they'll end up changing this to match fox's hitbox.

As a side note, I wonder if IAP OoS can punish anything on shield that is normally unpunishable?

Zionaze

Smash Ace
Main reason why IAP isn't particularly useful is because it lacks a hitbox in the last 1/3 of the move. It has pretty laggy startup and has to be used near the opponent, it's not particularly safe to be used at this range. Doubt they'll end up changing this to match fox's hitbox.

As a side note, I wonder if IAP OoS can punish anything on shield that is normally unpunishable?
the lack of a hitbox is what makes it useful for baiting punishes. you just cant be reckless with the move.
I also like to IAP to techchase after a jab finisher, its the perfect distance to catch backrolls/normal getup/getup attack. Can't catch forward roll though unfortunately.

Last edited:

Attila_

BRoomer
the lack of a hitbox is what makes it useful for baiting punishes. you just cant be reckless with the move.
I also like to IAP to techchase after a jab finisher, its the perfect distance to catch backrolls/normal getup/getup attack. Can't catch forward roll though unfortunately.
If it had a hitbox, it would have shield stun, which would effectively make it safer on block. I suppose the bait could work against unexperienced players, but it's not exactly something to bank on.

ArhyLis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AstralRaptor
3DS FC
5069-4138-6092
Explosive blaster! O_O If anyone hasn't noticed yet, you can pseudo-chaingrab at low percents: DThrow > EBlaster > Dthrow > Fair (This nets a nice 25%.) Even after that you can throw out another shot because it covers the area your opponent might land on.
On certain characters, you can friggin DThrow > EBlaster > Dthrow > EBlaster > DThrow > EBlaster! Although at times this does become DI dependent. This will net you a nice 33%.
DThrow > EBlaster > VReflector (25%)
DThrow > EBlaster > F-Smash (26%)
DThrow > EBlaster > UpThrow > UpAir > UpAir (39%)
(All are guaranteed on Manondorf.)
It's quite flexible, you can get creative.
Edit:
I think the opponent can always DI out the opposite end of the EBlaster... nonetheless, I think it's still a nice tech.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Oh, I forgot to mention...
I think I'm confirmed for EVO this year. It all depends on how busy I'll be that weekend.
So! I may or may not be ready to drown in pools.:b:
Now we just need confirmation from Pawclaw, Kato, Liquid, Eshura, Keitaro, Gamegenie, *insert list of names here*. :p

Would be freaking amazing and hilarious if some random player from anywhere shows up with a really good Falco. Not talking about a player who is mostly known in one region like Gluttony, the French Wario, but someone who shows up, bodies people, and everyone is asking who this player is. Someone nobody even knew existed.

Keitaro said he would go all Falco at EVO if a donation goal or something was met... Hmm, maybe you could play against him online or something. He also said he should be looking into combos more which we have plenty of and plenty of videos showing various play styles.

Explosive blaster! O_O If anyone hasn't noticed yet, you can pseudo-chaingrab at low percents: DThrow > EBlaster > Dthrow > Fair (This nets a nice 25%.) Even after that you can throw out another shot because it covers the area your opponent might land on.
On certain characters, you can friggin DThrow > EBlaster > Dthrow > EBlaster > DThrow > EBlaster! Although at times this does become DI dependent. This will net you a nice 33%.
DThrow > EBlaster > VReflector (25%)
DThrow > EBlaster > F-Smash (26%)
DThrow > EBlaster > UpThrow > UpAir > UpAir (39%)
(All are guaranteed on Manondorf.)
It's quite flexible, you can get creative.
Edit:
I think the opponent can always DI out the opposite end of the EBlaster... nonetheless, I think it's still a nice tech.
Well, at least Explosive Blaster is being looked at. Now Falco Phase and Charge need to be looked at too. This dead customs thread of ours: http://smashboards.com/threads/official-standard-custom-moveset-project-falco.380331/.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I can't go to Evo sadly lack of funds and poor college student life though. If I did went it would been for Smash 4 and GG XRD and I'm too rusty and butt with tech skill to enter melee ATM.

ArhyLis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AstralRaptor
3DS FC
5069-4138-6092
Now we just need confirmation from Pawclaw, Kato, Liquid, Eshura, Keitaro, Gamegenie, *insert list of names here*. :p

Would be freaking amazing and hilarious if some random player from anywhere shows up with a really good Falco. Not talking about a player who is mostly known in one region like Gluttony, the French Wario, but someone who shows up, bodies people, and everyone is asking who this player is. Someone nobody even knew existed.

Keitaro said he would go all Falco at EVO if a donation goal or something was met... Hmm, maybe you could play against him online or something. He also said he should be looking into combos more which we have plenty of and plenty of videos showing various play styles.

Well, at least Explosive Blaster is being looked at. Now Falco Phase and Charge need to be looked at too. This dead customs thread of ours: http://smashboards.com/threads/official-standard-custom-moveset-project-falco.380331/.
Should I go post it there?

Last edited:

ArhyLis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AstralRaptor
3DS FC
5069-4138-6092
Maybe. Outside of Reflector Void, Fast Fire Bird, and Distant Fire Bird, most of Falco's customs haven't been explored much.
I don't mind exploring them. I Can't promise I will turn up with something good though.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Last edited:

Attila_

BRoomer
The buffs are great, but we still lack tools in neutral.

Unless we get some of those, Falco will be stuck in mid tier.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Yo. Enlighten me on something here if you don't mind.

How do you feel about the :4luigi::4yoshi::4zss: MUs with :4falco:? Curious about your input.
Please use the search bar or the directory: http://smashboards.com/threads/all-aircraft-report-falco-directory.398704/. Also, keep in mind that the discussions are dated with how Falco's aerials work now. :p

ZSS was our first rebooted MU discussion and lets just say it didn't go well because nobody even knew Falco existed in this game: http://smashboards.com/threads/ssb4-falco-matchup-discussion-03-zero-suit-samus.388504/.

Yoshi's a more fairer discussion or something... I don't remember: http://smashboards.com/threads/ssb4-falco-matchup-discussion-09-yoshi-falling-with-style.391290/.

We, like the Fox players, hate Luigi in this game: http://smashboards.com/threads/ssb4-falco-matchup-discussion-22-luigi-wingmen.396530/.

Edit: This music! It makes me want a Star Fox sitcom! Video: https://youtu.be/0JNQYWzDTWY. :laugh:

Last edited:

Attila_

BRoomer

How do you feel about the :4luigi::4yoshi::4zss: MUs with :4falco:? Curious about your input.

Can't comment on zss, I don't know the mu. I theory it doesn't seem so bad, but theory is often wrong.

Luigi is hard. He outneutrals falco pretty easy, and combos better also. I feel like we can abuse bair/uair/dtilt on shield to poke safely, but our follow ups are limited. I feel like we could probably edgeguard him efficiently, but I haven't developed the flowchart yet.

Yoshi is ok. We have enough safe tools in neutral and can punish him pretty effectively. Just be careful offstage; he dominates us there.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
July 2015 is our time, that is all.
I'll believe when I see it man. You should return to the Pheasent life but I understand with the Fox game and what not.

The buffs are great, but we still lack tools in neutral.

Unless we get some of those, Falco will be stuck in mid tier.
Laser's less lag on the draw that is all.

Not a fan of any of these MU's . I have an old buddy who back in Nebraska for the summer who plays Yoshi and he bops me hard in the MU so I been going Marth or Robin with some ok result. ZSS i can't comment on it cause I haven't played the MU enough and Luigi I can see him winning IDK how much though.

Beach

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CallMeBeach
All those years of controlling neutral with lasers and now I miss it more than ever. But hey we mid tier now!:4falco::bluejump:

Although on a serious I definitely feel like explosive blaster has some decent use that would warrant it's use over the regular or other customs.

Last edited:

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
These buffs were great! Now all :4falco: needs is less endlag on Lasers and less startup on Falco Phantasm and Fire Bird and he'll be good again.

Metamoonstar

Smash Rookie
Hey y'all, I'm mostly a Peach main but I've started playing more Falco recently, so I hope you don't mind me hanging around here :)
More birds are always welcome! Though this thread isn't as active as some of the others on this site

Cyro

Airborne
More birds are always welcome! Though this thread isn't as active as some of the others on this site
Correct, which is why I approve of the Falco Skype group. We currently have 9 members and the ones you may know are Zanryo, Domino, McDareth, and I. If you want to join you can add me on Skype and I'd be willing to add you to the group! :bee:
Username: izarakcyro

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Correct, which is why I approve of the Falco Skype group. We currently have 9 members and the ones you may know are Zanryo, Domino, McDareth, and I. If you want to join you can add me on Skype and I'd be willing to add you to the group! :bee:
I will do that later. Username Gamegenie222

MatrixNexus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Whoisthis0
3DS FC
4785-6210-1190

Username: nexusvoid1

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I don't use Skype, but if you all can, try to get people like Liquid, Kato, shofu, Keitaro, GimR, Ally, Eshura, Larry Lurr, Manny Manito, etc. in the conversation too. Some people don't use Smashboards, Skype, Twitter, Facebook, Smash Domain, etc., but being able to pool information would be great. Also, if you can, try to remember and post new stuff here or wherever too. Smashboards is like an archive.

There was also this thread Taureactor made: http://smashboards.com/threads/falco-skype-group.408630/. Don't skip out and let these boards die.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I'm not skiping out sir don't worry and as long as there is interest and discussion for MU's, tech and what not then the boards are fine.

Cyro

Airborne
I don't use Skype, but if you all can, try to get people like Liquid, Kato, shofu, Keitaro, GimR, Ally, Eshura, Larry Lurr, Manny Manito, etc. in the conversation too. Some people don't use Smashboards, Skype, Twitter, Facebook, Smash Domain, etc., but being able to pool information would be great. Also, if you can, try to remember and post new stuff here or wherever too. Smashboards is like an archive.

There was also this thread Taureactor made: http://smashboards.com/threads/falco-skype-group.408630/. Don't skip out and let these boards die.
I may have a way of getting a hold a of a few of those people, I have ties with some of them. Also, yeah that's the group I'm referring to. We won't be leaving the boards, it's just a way for easier communication.
It would be cool to have you along though, Ffamran.
Make a Skype for us! :b:

Last edited:

Metamoonstar

Smash Rookie
I'm actually already on the Skype group hahaha. Though I would agree. I urge people here to join the skype group. Makes for some easy matchmaking. I've already played some friendlies against one of the members.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.

SoSoGreed

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5386-9186-4602
I main Link but they aren't so 'welcoming' so I decided I would check out the Falco thread. I like the small quaint thing y'all have built. I might join the skype group but I'll have to think about it.

Probalo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mattoswine
3DS FC
4356-0295-3822
Switch FC
SW 5442-3764-0807
Yeah, I would've loved to see more Falco reps at Evo. It was nice to see a bigger name like Keitaro repping Falco.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well, this thread isn't very active, is it? It's been a long while since I posted here and here I am still a dedicated Falco user.

Probalo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mattoswine
3DS FC
4356-0295-3822
Switch FC
SW 5442-3764-0807
Falco boards have been pretty quiet recently. I've recently switched from Fox to Falco. Falco just feels so much more natural as a character to me.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Falco boards have been pretty quiet recently. I've recently switched from Fox to Falco. Falco just feels so much more natural as a character to me.
Same here. Fox is still alright though but I have been using Falco more than him.

Top Bottom