• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Falco Social (Where We Prefer The Air And The Points Don't Matter!)

The_Art_of_Smash

Smash Rookie
NNID
The_Art_of_Smash
That's how a lot of people felt at first. Even the tiniest tweaks to his moveset made him play very differently from Brawl.
...But the same can be said from his buffs. He has a lot more combo potential now than when the game first released. thx daddy sakurai
Yes, I definitely notice the better combo abilities. But boy do I miss his SHDL, Original Dair, and that chain grab. :/

Jabzilla

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jabzilla
3DS FC
3007-8178-1682
What do you guys think of Falco in doubles? I got a local doubles tourney on Saturday. I might just use him and see how I do.

Zionaze

Smash Ace
Bthrow in doubles is pretty nasty. One stray laser once sniped a recovering diddy and killed him. Laser is useful in 2v1 situations and acts like a psuedo-needle

Jabzilla

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jabzilla
3DS FC
3007-8178-1682
I think he would be a solid pick. His main weakness is the neutral, which your partner can help with. Who were you going to pair him with?
I don't know yet. I know some guys who are going there. It may either be a DDD or a Ness or someone random.

Last edited:

ParanoidAndroid

Smash Cadet
DDD and Ness seem like they would be good pairings. I play doubles a lot with a my friends (but they like team attack off :ohwell:) and my favorite team mate is ZSS. She can paralyze or put the other team in the ground which helps Falco land his powerful smash attacks. ZSS and Falco also will dominate the air with their up airs and back airs.

M@v

Subarashii!
My Falco has been working out pretty well teaming with Robin so far. My partner and I have good synergy since we team a lot, but we can do both simple and complex team combos. They grab someone with nosferatu=any followup i want. Robin and down throw upair true combo now, and i can aerial them again as a true combo thanks the highest jump in the game. he can focus on stage control and not have to go for risky edgeguards, save for the occasional elwind spike. Falco just goes off after most people to edgeguard. and of course in an emergency i can reflect robin's projectiles to either save myself from friendly fire or bounce a projectile back at someone who dodged, but that is a kinda rare situation.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Do you guys run Fox Laser on Falco, if customs are on?

Only in certain MU's like against EBT villager but there's no pre sets that have the fox laser and his normal up b and reflector sadly so i have to make do.

Do you guys think the falco amiibo will be out on the release day of Starfox Zero?

The release date for that game got confirmed just minutes ago as november 20th
It will make sense and if it does ill grab it. Also if they fo wolf as DLC that will also tie in to star fox zero as well.

Also 11/20/15 for the new game sweet time to mark it on a calender.

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
Do you guys think the falco amiibo will be out on the release day of Starfox Zero?

The release date for that game got confirmed just minutes ago as november 20th
I believe it was already confirmed that the Falco amiibo will be released on the same day.

ParanoidAndroid

Smash Cadet
Anyone planning not buying the Falco Amiibo? I'm getting Zero Suit and Falco and then I think I'm done collecting. Until something else star fox or metroid related comes out.

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
Falco and Meta knight might be the only amiibo I buy. Diddy Kong is cool too so I might pick him up as well.

ParanoidAndroid

Smash Cadet
Man this has been a sllooow week on the Falco boards! Let's get some conversation going into this long weekend!

Not to brag or anything...
I'm getting married this Sunday so I'm flying out to Aruba Monday morning. This trip will be my first time out of the country. What are your plans for Labor Day weekend if you're in the US (sorry rest of the world)?

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm getting married this Sunday so I'm flying out to Aruba Monday morning. This trip will be my first time out of the country. What are your plans for Labor Day weekend if you're in the US (sorry rest of the world)?
Congrats :awesome:

Apparently I'm still watching this thread.

Hubkun

Smash Cadet
I'm considering picking up Falco, well picking up Sm4sh in general, since all i play is melee. Like I'm not interested in tryharding this, but maybe as a relaxing or releasing stress kinda activity. And i love Falco as a character, so why not right?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'm considering picking up Falco, well picking up Sm4sh in general, since all i play is melee. Like I'm not interested in tryharding this, but maybe as a relaxing or releasing stress kinda activity. And i love Falco as a character, so why not right?
Are you near @TR|MannyManito by any chance? Really good Falco player who could help you learn about him.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Anyone planning not buying the Falco Amiibo? I'm getting Zero Suit and Falco and then I think I'm done collecting. Until something else star fox or metroid related comes out.
The Falco amiibo is the only one I plan to get and then I'll be done with the amiibo ****. I have no plans to get any of the new ones that just came out Friday.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Heyyyy y'all.

Been playing Falco since Melee so chillin here for a while

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Check my mains.

Been flying with with birds since Melee and has been my man for a long while.
Oh, I see. Only been soaring through the skies with the other birds since Brawl and he's been my bread and butter since.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Oh, I see. Only been soaring through the skies with the other birds since Brawl and he's been my bread and butter since.
I was kinda meh on his Brawl style but played him for fun there but I'm loving him in Smash 4 though.

Plus, he's my goto for aerial combos and defensive play (not camping but relying on reads).

Do wishing for some extra buffs

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I was kinda meh on his Brawl style but played him for fun there but I'm loving him in Smash 4 though.

Plus, he's my goto for aerial combos and defensive play (not camping but relying on reads).

Do wishing for some extra buffs
He still plays alright to me though. He's also my go-to character for aerial combos.

Safe to say I did had a bit of success with him during my previous For Glory matches.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
theONEjanitor theONEjanitor , did you make this video?

All I can say is that it's based on Charlie Nash's Somersault Shell/Flash Kick which is a front flip that hits twice using his heels instead of like Guile's Flash Kick which hits with his toes which is what Falco used to do in Melee and Brawl and what Fox does and Yoshi does now. The same issue happens: the gif for Charlie's Somersault Shell is way faster than Guile's Flash Kick which is like how it's really difficult to see what Falco's doing for his Up Smash than looking at Fox's. The other issue is that Charlie just turns with his back facing and just front flips while Falco turns diagonally; I think if they made it so Falco just turned around, it wouldn't have that issue with his torso always looking to his right and right leg. Funny since his Up Smash is technically a ground version of Fox's Uair which also hits purely behind instead of diagonally.

Eh, I don't know; Falco's always had animation issues and it's probably due to the speed his attacks come out while giving him really complicated animations like if you look a Reflector, it looks way too fast for him to suddenly detach his Reflector from his left leg and kick with his right leg not to mention in Brawl where I think his head was turned a bit too far when he was catching it. Fair in Brawl was really weird too within 6 frames, so 1/10th of a second, Falco suddenly was parallel to the ground and started spinning. It's getting better with Reflector's animation looking smoother, but still weird, Fair having that startup animation to make him look like he enters a spin, and in general, everyone's animations are more polished, but Falco's is more apparent when you notice them.

Reflector could just get changed so instead of kicking and dealing with an "impossible" maneuver, he could just flick it out with his right arm sort of like Nash's Bullet Clear, so it'll keep the same range, same properties, but now has a simpler animation. Fair's fine despite looking gruesome when you think about it - a beak drilling into your flesh -, so whatever, although it would have been cool if he had something else like Nash's Moonsault Slash - you can see where this is going. Up Smash looks fine because it's fast and hard to tell what he's doing, but if they really wanted to fix the animation, they could make it so he kicks linearly instead of diagonally. Or they could give him Nash's Sonic Scythe and Rugal Bernstein's Genocide Cutter.

Last edited:

Sepia_Trace

Smash Cadet
NNID
SepiatoneLie
It's going really well, thank you! I've been chatting it up in the Zelda place and they turned out to be really nice. I totally thought they were mean at first haha. So why aren't there very many people in here? Falco is like super good. BAN FALCO right? haha

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm not gonna say anything about the Zelda boards except they're alright when they're not being total *******. Don't know where the "Ban Zelda" thing come from.

Thread was dead for nearly 2 months until someone brought it back to life. It's like a ghost town in here.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
If only there were more people here, then this thread would be more lively like the Rosalina boards, where I'm mostly active at.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I'm getting mines in the mail tomorrow. I got a confirmation email from Best Buy saying it's on the way.
I pre-order mine from best buy as well but I haven't got an email yet when it gonna arrive so I Will when I get home from work.

If I get in a reasonable date I'll place my fe fates special edition pre order there as well

Top Bottom