• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Matchup #18: Pit

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4iAr6lXYWU

here is an old vid of me vs megafox's falco, as you watch my pit you'll see that in situations where i went under the stage, if i couldn't do that then i would definately be dead. you gotta under stand that it's not the ledge pressure that's the problem as we have ways of getting onstage vs falco, it's the fact that if we can't go to the other side there a tons of situations where we are gimp bait even to the likes of falco's below the stage game.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
So what if you can't fly under the stage. Falco will get to the other side first and just keep ledge pressuring you.
im going to agree with this still
time yourself out please

like I have almost no intention of ****ing that much with pit offstage anyway. id take consistency plz

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
He's just saying you won't be gimping his UpB, but that's not what we want unless he ****ing gives it to us.

Coffee™

I need it....
So what if you can't fly under the stage. Falco will get to the other side first and just keep ledge pressuring you.
Falco doesn't really pressure Pit on the ledge that well. He'll most likely get punished somehow if he tries it. He can prevent Pit from ledgecamping if he has a lead but Falco can't really prevent Pit from getting back on stage.

As for flying under the stage Pit doesn't need it but it's especially helpful during the early game where Pit can still get chaingrabbed. It's always safest for him to just fly to the other side afterwards as his jumps don't gain enough height after Falco's dair to say he cant be gimped afterwards. Even then he still has to watch out for ledgedrop lazers after the CG to avoid his WOI being gimped.

Also idk why people are sayin Falco gains more of an advantage on BF. It's an even matchup there too. They're even on most stages except the ones where it's easier for Pit to shark or can abuse his multiple jumps more like Halberd, Delfino and Brinstar. IMO YI sucks for both of them in this matchup as Pit gets edgeuarded easier here and it's easier to juggle Falco there because of the large platform and his inability to use IAP much if at all. The only good CP stage Falco gets versus Pit is PS1 imo.

Tesh

Smash Hero
can't falco just shoot a laser under the stage at pit...

can't falco just shoot a laser under the stage at pit...
It is not worth tit. Falco has to run off and fire a laser, then is forced into his 2nd jump AND UpB recover. He falls too far for first having to fall past the edges of the stages to get a laser across, then the lag of the laser puts him even further.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Well I mean, if Pit is trying to escape to the other side using Up B, its not like he can turn around and edgeguard you without throwing his own stock away.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
it's not like you cant dodge a lazer in woi when going under the stage either. no matter how you look at it, pit will pretty much always recover when he goes under a stage, that's just fact.

Tesh

Smash Hero
My point is its a safe option to try. Worst case scenario, he dodges it and you can still get back on stage before he can even get a positional advantage.

But its probably better not to try, not like you have unlimited ammo.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
I think it's 5:5

but when a character gets the lead it becomes 6:4, the leads favor. I don't think they can approach each other properly because of all the tools and movement options both characters have. It becomes a game of hard reads. And they both can't really stay away from each other because both have an infinite reflector (I think there's a 2 frame gap with Falco's downB, but I'm not sure.) so they're always approaching.

awkward MU, really fast paced.

I think it's 5:5

but when a character gets the lead it becomes 6:4, the leads favor.
:glare: It's weird how many opinions of falco's match-ups I have been seeing regarding this outlook. Falco's risk anti-ledge camping is really bothersome.

This is probably something that could be worked on. As stated in that Meta-game video there are ways of trying to get people off the ledge in certain scenarios. We have a Bair for incase we get pushed off stage, a backwards roll is fairly unpunished by someone on the ledge as an escape, and Usmash probably hits low enough to hit people jumping above the stage to attack.

But, I don't know. People keep thinking it's not possible to be technically consistent to do a lot of the defensive options in brawl like shield DI :glare:.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
I just feel when someone really tries hard to avoid Falco and dying that it becomes insanely hard to get a kill because its easy to focus on avoiding an upsmash and bair.

You always have to string the kill move off a phantasm or a hard read (which is the players fault not the characters).

:phone:

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
there's a new masashi vs falco vid out?! *immediately goes to look it up*

hey i know it's off topic, but just a quick question falco's since we are on the pit/falco topic anyways, do you feel pit falco could be a solid doubles team?

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Old? But its less than 3 months ago. But yeah most good Pits should be able to easily anticipate it and dodge it as it doesn't seem hard to avoid.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
I can't see Pit and Falco being a good team... Unless Pit ledgecamps the entire time for stock ranking purposes. Both are relatively light (Pit not so much, but still) and they're not the best at killing. Both rely on camping, so FD would be a bad stage choice since they'd most likely interrupt each others projectiles.

Falcos best partner is either Wario or MK.

MARLX

Smash Journeyman
Aerial attacks don't have priority. It's all about disjoint and hitting your opponent before their attacks hits you when looking at aerial attacks.

Although, if anyone has any recommendation on DI with Pit's Nair and Uair, that would make them less threatening. I know you can DI to avoid the final hit and might be able to punish.
Thank you Xeylode this is extremely useful

fUddO

Smash Ace
Old? But its less than 3 months ago. But yeah most good Pits should be able to easily anticipate it and dodge it as it doesn't seem hard to avoid.
Yeah, I guess they're not that old. But they were posted on the Pit boards pretty much right when they were put on Youtube, so I've seen them already, lol. Pit/Falco seems a bit redundant in teams. Unless Pit planks the whole match, I think there would be too much interference.

Top Bottom