• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Fairy Fountain Research Thread: buhbye ol' chum ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
But can't he jump out of it? I'm pretty sure he can. I haven't got a wii to test anything atm.

Also hai everyone :D I've been real busy recently but I should get back to normal soon.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I think if your frame perfect he can't. Remember we have time to GR>jump>fair which is a lot of frames.

I could be wrong though....Sheik and Ike can also do it but Zelda's is the easiest to pull off.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Oh my bad. Once he releases you run behind him and pivot grab.

Pivot grabbing in place may work as well but i suck at it so i didn't try it.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I'll test it in frame advance when I get home.

Pretty sure pivot grabbing in place wouldn't move you forward far enough.

MrEh

Smash Hero
This isn't easy. I've tried it a ways back. I'm sure you can pivot grab in place and still grab Wario, but I'm not sure if Zelda's grab is high enough to give you a large enough window to make this believable in an actual match. (Similar to Ike and Bowser's grab release infinities on Wario. Possible, but not usable.) Even if the frames did work out to where this is possible, Wario will be able to mash out under 50% after the first regrab. Wario getting a ground release is is a big slap to the face. :/

It's not impossible to land a dtilt on Wario.
It's not impossible to beat MK with Ganon either. That's not the point.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
This isn't easy. I've tried it a ways back. I'm sure you can pivot grab in place and still grab Wario, but I'm not sure if Zelda's grab is high enough to give you a large enough window to make this believable in an actual match. (Similar to Ike and Bowser's grab release infinities on Wario. Possible, but not usable.) Even if the frames did work out to where this is possible, Wario will be able to mash out under 50% after the first regrab. Wario getting a ground release is is a big slap to the face. :/

It's not impossible to beat MK with Ganon either. That's not the point.
*sigh* so now landing a dtilt on Wario can be comparable to ganon beating MK....when did zelda get so bad.

I don't know if I should be sadden for Zelda or impressed by Wario *shrugs*

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
The GR infinite doesn't work. For one, like MrEh said, he can mash out. And he can jump out of it pretty easily..... her grab doesn't have nearly enough vertical range.

@MrEh: You definitely can't pivot grab in place and grab him..... and by in place, I mean dashing for one frame before inputting the pivot grab. You gotta dash for a decent bit before you can pivot or you'll end up with your back to him.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
The GR infinite doesn't work. For one, like MrEh said, he can mash out. And he can jump out of it pretty easily..... her grab doesn't have nearly enough vertical range.

@MrEh: You definitely can't pivot grab in place and grab him..... and by in place, I mean dashing for one frame before inputting the pivot grab. You gotta dash for a decent bit before you can pivot or you'll end up with your back to him.
pretty sure your pivot grab stuff is wrong.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
!

First, @Mars: Sheik can't GR infinite Wario, but she gets very close to it. She has the frame advantage to do it, but because she leans down when she grabs, she loses vertical range.... her grab will whiff underneath him on all frames leading up to and past when he's able to jump.

It's possible to get the grab if Wario is late with his jump, but it's not technically guaranteed. I had K Prime double check me on it just to make sure.

Btw, I checked for both her pivot grab and her walk > standing grab.

Here's the frame map if you're interested:

Code:
00 : input grab
06 : grab initiated
96 : grab release animation begins
125 : Sheik IASA
146 : Wario IASA
BUT FOR ZELDA!

So I realized that we can't pivot grab Wario because we're too slow, but we can guaranteed walk > standing grab CG Wario on an air release.

This means that at low percentages, we can CG him to the ledge, then air release him into a guaranteed sweetspot dair. The dair can be either full or short hopped. (Thanks to Prime for testing dair. <3) At higher percentages, we can add a pummel per grab for extra damage..... then at the end, we can take him to the ledge for a spike or do the usual GR > sweetspot fair.

Pummeling at low percentages is not recommended. If Wario breaks during a pummel, he will ground release.

Obviously platforms and stage shenanigans can get in the way as well.

It's not much, but it's nice to know that you have the option when you're on a flat piece of stage. :)

Frame map:

Code:
00 : input grab
12 : grab initiated
102 : grab release animation begins
131 : Zelda IASA
152 : Wario IASA
This could've been known already for all I know, but I don't remember reading about it anywhere. =X

MrEh

Smash Hero
I think it was mentioned a looooong time ago, but I certainly can't remember for sure. lol

Nice to know anyway.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I thought it might've been semi-discovered a while ago (probably before I was around), but a lot of techniques and stuff around here seem to be fuzzy as far as whether they're guaranteed or not. :urg: Trying to clarify those things as much as possible.

If there's anything else you guys want me to test, I'll be more than happy to.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Now someone better come up with a sure and easy setup for the grab next so that we can start abusing this...

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
That would require Wario to be on the ground, which doesn't happen very often, lol.

Kata, you should give me this thread. (Or let me make a new one......) Just sayin. =X

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Grabs on Wario do happen... Powershield something up close, Get a dtilt, Predict him decently. They all lead to a grab...

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Yea people seem to forget that Wario has to shield every once in a while. There's always this "Wario doesn't get grabbed" saying that gets thrown around a lot......then I hit up youtube and watch Warios get ***** by GR's lol.

Although Zelda does have terrible grab speed so it makes it difficult but not impossible. If the Wario is spotdodging a lot then run up and usmash......next time he might instead choose to shield.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Yea people seem to forget that Wario has to shield every once in a while. There's always this "Wario doesn't get grabbed" saying that gets thrown around a lot......then I hit up youtube and watch Warios get ***** by GR's lol.

Although Zelda does have terrible grab speed so it makes it difficult but not impossible. If the Wario is spotdodging a lot then run up and usmash......next time he might instead choose to shield.
I wouldn't say he get's *****. The only difference between the majority of the cast and Zelda is her obnoxiously long start up on her grab. If her grab was lets say 9 frames like snake or 7 frames like a normal character she'd be able to do it. As it stand she can't even grab Wario off his bike nor can she even shield his Fsmash and then grab him . I think the community pouts way too much of an importance of Wario's GR.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
MK and Wario both get ***** by Sheik and Marth out of GR. Snakes ***** Wario pretty bad as well.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Even if Zelda could get the grab all the time, the window of the regrab is still outrageously small. It's not humanly possible to do this consistently across the stage just for the positioning.

Simply put, just kick him.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
MK and Wario both get ***** by Sheik and Marth out of GR. Snakes ***** Wario pretty bad as well.
No they don't. Marth and sheik have GR options on them but thats it. It's not **** it's just an option. You may want to start understanding this before you start over estimating ****. FYI I know all of Marth options on MK after a GR same goes for sheik. That includes the spike Marth has on MK as a GR option. If you want to claim these options as **** then go ahead. They come far and few in between. Also your "****" move is dependent on my spacing or my mistake. Trust and believe if I don't want you to grab me you wont.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
If a spike or 30% out of a GR isn't **** than I don't know what is.

Oh and trust and believe me if I want to grab you then I will.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Kaylo! Sometimes after I dtilt lock someone and they aren't DIing it as succesfully as I expect them to I like to walk a step after each trip and start dtiliting again... Can you find out how long I have to do this? Like how long does it take Zelda to stand up and walk a step after a dtilt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom