• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I honestly think there's more Mewtwo support in the world then there is Ridley.
Just not here.
Around the world there are more Mewtwo supporters, no doubt. Mewtwo is one of the most popular Pokémon of all time, so that kind of goes hand in hand. Ridley supporters are simply more vocal because we need to be due to all the hate we receive.

Anyways, considering there are more characters yet to be revealed I consider Mewtwo a very safe guess at the moment.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Around the world there are more Mewtwo supporters, no doubt. Mewtwo is one of the most popular Pokémon of all time, so that kind of goes hand in hand. Ridley supporters are simply more vocal because we need to be due to all the hate we receive.

Anyways, considering there are more characters yet to be revealed I consider Mewtwo a very safe guess at the moment.
For what it's worth, Ridley still has my support.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

I would have to agree.
Although....I really do hope we get Ridley as well....I can't stand the thought of him not being in with Mewtwo! It just doesn't seem fair...

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I would have to agree.
Although....I really do hope we get Ridley as well....I can't stand the thought of him not being in with Mewtwo! It just doesn't seem fair...
We're supported by the same leak, so here's hoping!

Illya-tan

Smash Rookie
of topic:

on topic:
i just hope they comfirm Mewtwo soon even if he has 1 foot and a half in.

PS: i do hope and support Ridley for smash too.

Last edited:

Illya-tan

Smash Rookie
But doesn't the ESRB have to see the whole roster to give a rating?
i think they do need it, but also i read that they rate based on whats on game at the time they are sent the footage, and the leaker said that apparently they send a 85% complete game video footage.

Dracandros

Smash Cadet
I really never posted here, that's not good at all. :150:

I really do support Mewtwo for this game, and I like his chances even more than I like Ridley's chances (which I can't seem to put into thoughts since the past few days anyway and maybe that's a good thing LOL).

I would think that Mewtwo would be the very first veteran you would keep completely secret, and I simply cannot fathom Nintendo and Game Freak both not wanting him in. Besides, it's not as if Puzzle and Dragons, which has many similar components to Pokemon, isn't just everything in Japan and I'm sure they would have at least reconsidered the roster if he wasn't already on it.

It also takes a long time to make a movie and I'm sure they were in pre-production phases of the Genesect / Mewtwo movie when the roster was likely finalized. I have some doubts about his inclusion - it's not 100% anything until it's announced - but I still like his chances.

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
The leak is practically confirmed now that we today's POTD.
Something else to further support the leak is the trophy pics, many of them are more "sexual" then the other trophies and Wario's could have EXTREMELY EDGY FART JOKES! Another thing to note is that many of the pics came from the videos.

Oh yeah also we can't trust the origanal leaker since when he talked about Mewtwo he said "DLC was fake just to **** with you *******." I don't think we can trust him until we decided to pull the "Pics or didn't happen" rule.
The thing that makes him seem slightly more legit is the fact that he didn't change Dixie to K-Rool.

LAST THING, Bowser Jr was actually a commonly requested character back in 2011-2012 (or at least on youtube character wishlists.)

Polo

Smash Cadet
Pokken Tournament confirmed!
It looks AWESOME!! :b:

Mewtwo had better be in it.

EDIT: Apparently it's exclusively an arcade game, not a Wii U title :ohwell:
It might not even be available outside Japan (I don't see many arcade machines around where I live anyway).

Last edited:

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Pokken Tournament confirmed!
It looks AWESOME!! :b:

Mewtwo had better be in it.

EDIT: Apparently it's exclusively an arcade game, not a Wii U title :ohwell:
It might not even be available outside Japan (I don't see many arcade machines around where I live anyway).

inb4 Mewtwo doesn't make it into that game either.

Last edited:

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
Well it's not a Mewtwo conformation.

OH BOY ITS POKÉN TOURNAMENT AT LEAST IM SURE I CAN BE MEWTWO IN THAT
arcade exclusive
ARE YOU KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW

Last edited:

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Who here is maining Mewtwo (or Mega Mewtwo X if it's fighting-type only) when it gets ported?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
With any luck that leaker will bring a third batch of pictures and the final 5 characters are in them.

And we will see the fate of mewtwo.

With any luck that leaker will bring a third batch of pictures and the final 5 characters are in them.

And we will see the fate of mewtwo.
Not sure about that, he's apparently been caught and is being fired and sued for breaking the NDA.

If he leaks anymore he could be in even more trouble so it would be unwise for him to leak anything more. I guess we'll have to wait for the Japanese release.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Hey Mewtwo fans. I haven't been in this thread for weeks, because for the longest time there just didn't seem like there was anything to talk about. We all knew all the reasons why Mewtwo made sense to come back, and so all there was left to do wait wait.

The first time I saw the real roster leak, I knew it was probably true. I went back and forth a few times, as people tried to find flaws to prove that it was fake, but as more and more of those flaws were shot down I kinda suspected that what we have seen was the real deal. Yes, I did find it bizarre that Doc, Lucina and Dark Pit were together at the bottom, and for a while I latched onto the "4-5 more characters" thing, but right now that is not looking too likely. The original leaker apparently got somebody fired and under lawsuit, and the person who outed his personal information claimed he lied about the "DLC" characters. There were other people who were "leaking" that Mewtwo was among these supposed other 4-5 other characters, but they don't seem to have any credibility.

There is perhaps a slim chance that Mewtwo could still make it into the game, but I do not think we should count on him returning, now. Expect that he will have been left out of Smash 4. Between now and when the official release in Japan takes place we might get a surprise, but if we don't our only hope are the people who will crack open Smash 3DS's code to see if Mewtwo is in there as a secret or DLC of some sort. But, I am not optimistic at all.

I have been ready for the day that Mewtwo would not return for some time now, but honestly, what has made it all the more frustrating now, more than before, is the inclusion of Dark Pit. Doctor Mario is an easy clone to add, and is a veteran, and so he does not bother me at all. Lucina is one of my favorite Awakening characters and was easy to add to the roster, so I harbor her no ill will. But so help me, if Dark Pit gets an original moveset, I will be a bit pissed off at Sakurai if Mewtwo doesn't return. If Dark Pit is just a clone without the bow & arrow, okay. But man... Grr. I don't know. I haven't seen any leaks on what Dark Pit does in battle, so I just don't know. It's just... Sad. I'm sad. I wish Mewtwo was coming back, but it doesn't look like he is.

I hope I'm wrong.

It's been fun, guys. Maybe in Smash 5.

Edit: I will also add that I am not happy that Ice Climbers and Wolf are not coming back, either. Smash 4 has a good roster but I wish there weren't so many cuts. Many of us thought that the only cuts would be Snake, Ivysaur and Squirtle...

Last edited:

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Hey Mewtwo fans. I haven't been in this thread for weeks, because for the longest time there just didn't seem like there was anything to talk about. We all knew all the reasons why Mewtwo made sense to come back, and so all there was left to do wait wait.

The first time I saw the real roster leak, I knew it was probably true. I went back and forth a few times, as people tried to find flaws to prove that it was fake, but as more and more of those flaws were shot down I kinda suspected that what we have seen was the real deal. Yes, I did find it bizarre that Doc, Lucina and Dark Pit were together at the bottom, and for a while I latched onto the "4-5 more characters" thing, but right now that is not looking too likely. The original leaker apparently got somebody fired and under lawsuit, and the person who outed his personal information claimed he lied about the "DLC" characters. There were other people who were "leaking" that Mewtwo was among these supposed other 4-5 other characters, but they don't seem to have any credibility.

There is perhaps a slim chance that Mewtwo could still make it into the game, but I do not think we should count on him returning, now. Expect that he will have been left out of Smash 4. Between now and when the official release in Japan takes place we might get a surprise, but if we don't our only hope are the people who will crack open Smash 3DS's code to see if Mewtwo is in there as a secret or DLC of some sort. But, I am not optimistic at all.

I have been ready for the day that Mewtwo would not return for some time now, but honestly, what has made it all the more frustrating now, more than before, is the inclusion of Dark Pit. Doctor Mario is an easy clone to add, and is a veteran, and so he does not bother me at all. Lucina is one of my favorite Awakening characters and was easy to add to the roster, so I harbor her no ill will. But so help me, if Dark Pit gets an original moveset, I will be a bit pissed off at Sakurai if Mewtwo doesn't return. If Dark Pit is just a clone without the bow & arrow, okay. But man... Grr. I don't know. I haven't seen any leaks on what Dark Pit does in battle, so I just don't know. It's just... Sad. I'm sad. I wish Mewtwo was coming back, but it doesn't look like he is.

I hope I'm wrong.

This is basically how I feel. I went from super hype to yeah this aint happening within the last 24 hours. Its been great discussing Mewtwo with you guys but it doesn't look good right now.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

I hope I'm wrong.

Believe it or not but the guy leaked video gameplay of bowser jr and shulk so the leak is real

And theres a picture of all star mode and theres a lock symbol on all star mode

So not everyone got reveal still high hopes for mewtwo man.

Oh one more thing if you were hoping for a ganondorf with a different moveset

Your going to kill sakurai hes still falcondorf But good news is hes buffed for one hes faster.

But i think this guy is done revealing stuff he got caught and is now waiting for trial in court.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I'm not going to give up yet. Everyone's been saying that the leaked roster is incomplete, so I'm holding out for Mewtwo. Personally, if I were Sakurai and saw the fan uproar after Brawl and how much Mewtwo was requested, he would have been one of the first characters I made for the next game. Mewtwo (and Ridley, for that matter) is so highly requested, that it would be idiotic to ignore the massive fan following. Then again, this is Sakurai.

Like with Ridley, I think just pulling the fans along with this the whole time is just cruel. True, you can't add every character in, but if huge fan-requests like Sonic or Megaman get in, why not the equally requested characters from Nintendo IPs get in. I'd be happy with the rosted if Mewtwo and Ridley end up getting in, and that's that.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
Come on guys, only say it's over when it's truly over.

I saw the padlock on the All Stars. There was room on the screen of the leak for at least 4-5 more fighters. Even so, we don't know what's going to come in the next few weeks. I doubt by this point Mewtwo's not in the game. Just because we still haven't seen or heard anything yet, it doesn't mean we won't get him.

Hang in there, don't give up on our beloved cat.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Believe it or not but the guy leaked video gameplay of bowser jr and shulk so the leak is real

And theres a picture of all star mode and theres a lock symbol on all star mode

So not everyone got reveal still high hopes for mewtwo man.

But i think this guy is done revealing stuff he got caught and is now waiting for trial in court.
I'm aware that the leak is real, operatingbuddy. I'm sorry if I didn't make that clear enough. No, what is fake is the "4-5 DLC characters" part. That has been called out as a lie.

There might not even be anything more at all. Sakurai has said that Smash 4 is, in his eyes, a complete game, and that DLC is not planned.

There is basically no hope. Don't get your hopes up.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Mewtwo could just be ridiculously hard to unlock this time again in SSB4, assuming that the leak is legit.

Like maybe you had to play 20 hours of Smash or 700 matches, which is what you had to do in order to play as it in Melee.

EDIT: I didn't factor in the possibility that maybe the build was made easier for testers to unlock characters, so I'm not too sure on what to say about that.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I'm not going to give up yet. Everyone's been saying that the leaked roster is incomplete, so I'm holding out for Mewtwo. Personally, if I were Sakurai and saw the fan uproar after Brawl and how much Mewtwo was requested, he would have been one of the first characters I made for the next game. Mewtwo (and Ridley, for that matter) is so highly requested, that it would be idiotic to ignore the massive fan following. Then again, this is Sakurai.

Like with Ridley, I think just pulling the fans along with this the whole time is just cruel. True, you can't add every character in, but if huge fan-requests like Sonic or Megaman get in, why not the equally requested characters from Nintendo IPs get in. I'd be happy with the rosted if Mewtwo and Ridley end up getting in, and that's that.
What I don't understand is how there's a very good chance the three most popular characters were totally ignored. There's no excuse to not add Mewtwo, K. Rool and Ridley, let alone not even one of them.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I'm aware that the leak is real, operatingbuddy. I'm sorry if I didn't make that clear enough. No, what is fake is the "4-5 DLC characters" part. That has been called out as a lie.

There might not even be anything more at all. Sakurai has said that Smash 4 is, in his eyes, a complete game, and that DLC is not planned.

There is basically no hope. Don't get your hopes up.

Did you even hear the part of the leaker clarified its not the full roster

And also did you also heard the part of all-star mode is in one of the leaked pictures and theres a lock icon on it.

Mewtwo is still alive for smash 4

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225

Did you even hear the part of the leaker clarified its not the full roster

And also did you also heard the part of all-star mode is in one of the leaked pictures and theres a lock icon on it.

Mewtwo is still alive for smash 4
I hope you're right, because I agreee with @ CaptainAmerica CaptainAmerica : if I were Sakurai, characters like Mewtwo and Dixie would have priority.

And teasing Ridley as a boss would be cruel.

Last edited:

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
With the All-Star mode being locked, hinting that there are more characters, now would probably be one of the best times for Sakurai to throw a curveball to everyone else expecting a leaked character to be revealed.

Better yet, what if Sakurai anticipated something like this to happen and Mewtwo is going to be intentionally hidden?!

Also, Mewtwo has been somewhat teased once already in the Greninja trailer. (Greninja's hands are far closer resembling to Mewtwo's while he's shadowed and charging Water Shuriken. I know that this was likely a troll by Sakurai, but I still wouldn't lose faith in Mewtwo. If Sakurai's got something unexpected in his arsenal, now would be the best time to deploy it.)

Besides, who wouldn't want to re-enact this to some level?

Don't lose faith, yet! It's not over till it's over!

Last edited:

GodOfSocks

Smash Journeyman
edit: nevermind, got Ninja'd
So its kind of weird to just have an empty post, so I'm just going to say that despite the leak, I still think Mewtwo has a good chance.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I concede that, if All-Star is locked, that there must still be at least one character left that we haven't seen leaked.

I guess somehow, the leaker didn't unlock all the characters. Maybe there is hope.

But don't put any stock into these text "leaks." Only believe visual evidence.

Polo

Smash Cadet
Ever since Greninja was confirmed I have been preparing for the possibility that Mewtwo wasn't going to be in Smash 4. I mean, at the time I still felt like Mewtwo had a good chance of being in, but that was really when my doubts began to grow.
As time went on, Mewtwo seemed less and less likely, especially as Gematsu became more and more likely (I know Gematsu didn't actually disconfirm Mewtwo, but I would've thought that it would be something to mention if the source actually knew the roster, so imo it was bad for Mewtwo).

Then, Gematsu was practically disconfirmed, and things looked optimistic (or at least hopeful) for Mewtwo again. Then the CSS leak surfaced - which looked very believable - and, having no trace of Mewtwo on it, my hopes took a hit again. Then there was the whole "5 extra characters" and "All-Star is locked" thing, and things picked up a bit again.
Now with another supposedly reliable source claiming that Mewtwo and Wolf aren't on the roster, I am a little bit doubtful again, even though I don't tend to believe text-based leaks.

Point is, this has been a massive rollercoaster ride... and I don't think it's over yet.

Although things aren't looking great at the moment, at least Mewtwo's status is a bit more up-in-the-air than many other characters, as he hasn't been shown to be a Masterball/Boss/Trophy (etc.). I will still maintain some degree of hope until everything is 100% confirmed.

Regardless of what happens, I am sure SSB4 will be a great game, and I'm sure that I will enjoy it - even though it would feel emptier to me without Mewtwo. I still enjoyed Brawl even though I was missing my main (not as much as I would have if Mewtwo was there, mind you).
At least we can still play as Mewtwo in Melee (and Project M for the folks over in America). Even though it was a small compensation for his absence in Brawl, it's more than Ridley or K. Rool fans have gotten. I am actually planning to buy another GameCube second-hand just so that I can put in my old Melee disk and play as my favourite character again (I don't have my old GameCube anymore).

But yeah, even though this post probably comes across as a bit pessimistic, I am keeping in mind that it's not over until it's over. Until the game comes out or Sakurai disconfirms him, there is still hope for Mewtwo in this game.

...and if Mewtwo still isn't in after that, then there is still hope for him as DLC.

Last edited:

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Regardless of the outcome I would love to grab some of your 3DS friendcodes before release. Having some of the Mewtwo guys on my friendslist would be cool.

Steelia

Smash Champion
I concede that, if All-Star is locked, that there must still be at least one character left that we haven't seen leaked.

I guess somehow, the leaker didn't unlock all the characters. Maybe there is hope.
Let me reiterate - NONE of the leakers had physical copies of the game. What we've been seeing are actually screenshots from a video/videos sent from Nintendo to the ESRB. They rate based on the content handed to them (hence all the female trophies, "gross" characters, and religious-related content like Devil Car).

One side says that Sakurai is obligated to send them all possible content for them to rate. Another side says Sakurai only needs to hand in the content that could be considered "questionable material". This would explain the locked All-Star mode, and why we don't have pictures of, say, every single trophy. They don't need to see everything - only enough to get a handle on what the game is about, and making determining a rating easier.

I hate to admit, but I'm part of the pessimistic group that think s what we've seen is what we're going to get. I've been saying there's a chance Sakurai could pull a cruel move and make really hype characters DLC content to pad the waiting time between the 3DS and Wii U release (3DS Smash DLC being immediately available, on-disc content for Smash Wii U). But I suppose it'd be better than Mewtwo not being in at all.

I'll wait until hackers get ahold of the game themselves, and see if they can find any hidden data, like how they found the Forbidden Seven from SSBB. Only about two more weeks until then...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom