• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
So what do you think percentage odds of Mewtwo being shown Sunday, shown Monday, shown in the august direct and secret character?
Reminder: anything is possible.
Sunday is unlikely. Nintendo would be spreading the news far and wide if there was an announcement that people need to hear, like Mewtwo. I feel like if they were to announce anything a the tourney, it would be a tournament-related thing for the upcoming Smash. I've always fantasized about a tournament mode (though let's not start that debate here in the Mewtwo thread lol.)

Monday, it's more likely, but due to the She-hulk retweets, it might be leaning towards her favor. Butttt who knows. The whole internet gathering at the exact same time on one website? First, I hope the website can handle that much traffic. And two, that would be the most ideal way to reveal Mewtwo, not to say that that makes it so.

August Direct, highly likely, but that's assuming Sakurai hasn't unveiled Mewtwo by then. Like I said before, Mewtwo would be best revealed as a "cherry on top" of sorts. I can see Sakurai revealing him as one of the last vets to return. Where he reveals all the returning vets (Ganondorf, Capt. Falcon, Falco, Jiggs, etc.) and then do something like, "Hey, guess who else is coming back?" then BAM! Mewtwo Strikes Back!

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I want it to be Mewtwo, but Sakurai specifically stated a new challenger would be revealed.
"New Challenger" is different from "Newcomer". "WARNING: CHALLENGER APPROCCHING" is the banner we get on the website for every single character, even the veterans.
And...if Sakurai and Monolith are making us to belive it would be Shulk, and on Monday they reveal Chourus Man?!? I just don't see why they would spoil us who will be on Monday. And Monolith had alredy re-twitted some Nintendo Direct annuncement, but in that Direct there wasn't X trailer or something. Also, had Game Freak re-twitted the Smash Direct (were Sakurai had show 2 playable pokemon)?

Edit: Monolith had also re-twitted the Smash Bros Direct, and we had saw Shulk or anything else from Xenoblade in that Direct?

Last edited:

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
Had a dream that Mewtwo was coming back on Monday. What does it mean...? Probably nothing.

I'm hoping on Monday that we get Mewtwo or someone outside of the Gematsu leak. Just to help show that the Gematsu leak isn't all that's left. But not matter what, I'll be happy with the reveal. The more characters the better.

Destinylegend

Smash Cadet
NNID
Destinylegend
3DS FC
2122-6400-3417
Had a dream that Mewtwo was coming back on Monday. What does it mean...? Probably nothing.

I'm hoping on Monday that we get Mewtwo or someone outside of the Gematsu leak. Just to help show that the Gematsu leak isn't all that's left. But not matter what, I'll be happy with the reveal. The more characters the better.
I had a strange dream like that about Mewtwo yesterday, hoping I can see the future, we'll see. There are at lest 1 or 2 characters in the Gematsu leak I wouldn't mind seeing, but rather get one of those characters and Mewtwo, which would be odd. But, I just don't like people thinking that the Gematsu leak is like the gospel and that it's the only thing that matters, I hope there are more newcomers than it suggests.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
"New Challenger" is different from "Newcomer". "WARNING: CHALLENGER APPROCCHING" is the banner we get on the website for every single character, even the veterans.
And...if Sakurai and Monolith are making us to belive it would be Shulk, and on Monday they reveal Chourus Man?!? I just don't see why they would spoil us who will be on Monday. And Monolith had alredy re-twitted some Nintendo Direct annuncement, but in that Direct there wasn't X trailer or something. Also, had Game Freak re-twitted the Smash Direct (were Sakurai had show 2 playable pokemon)?

Edit: Monolith had also re-twitted the Smash Bros Direct, and we had saw Shulk or anything else from Xenoblade in that Direct?
I believe they retweeted everything about Sm4sh because they knew Shulk was going to be in.

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
I had a strange dream like that about Mewtwo yesterday, hoping I can see the future, we'll see. There are at lest 1 or 2 characters in the Gematsu leak I wouldn't mind seeing, but rather get one of those characters and Mewtwo, which would be odd. But, I just don't like people thinking that the Gematsu leak is like the gospel and that it's the only thing that matters, I hope there are more newcomers than it suggests.
Did I mention why IF the Sal leak is "true" how we can't really trust it? or was that another forum? my mind lately is in a mix of events.

wewewezing

Smash Cadet
I was never huge on Mewtwo in melee, he didn't play too well, and so I didn't mind to see him go in brawl

I loved him in the Pokemon series, I've seen the first movie dozens of times, but something about him in Melee bugged me.

Project M fixed that, and now I'm actually really hoping for him to return, and I feel confident that he will, mostly due to his appearance in XY, and the Origin and his being the first mega evolution to be revealed.

So I'm keeping my fingers crossed

DeadCrispyLeaf

Smash Rookie
Why has no one mentioned the fact that the Xenoblade director's favourite Pokemon is Mewtwo?

Edit: Was I the only one stupid enough to put my real name in the username area? Yes. Yes I was.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Not to burst anyone's bubble but... proof?
I've seen this mentioned on a number of sites. Why would people go about saying something like this if it wasn't so? I mean, it's not like it's relevant for the most part. Either way, this does boost Mewtwo's odds a bit if it IS true.

Last edited:

MYU2

Smash Apprentice
I actually wanna see both Shulk & Mewtwo in monday's trailer. Just imagine, a swordsman who can see the future vs. a psychic.

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
I've seen this mentioned on a number of sites. Why would people go about saying something like this if it wasn't so? I mean, it's not like it's relevant for the most part. Either way, this does boost Mewtwo's odds a bit if it IS true.
I hope it is, but I tried Googling and couldn't find anything related to the issue. And why would people do it? Because trolls, lol. Honestly I want this to be true but I'm just trying to be realistic.

Also notice how that's his first and only post.

Last edited:

Steelia

Smash Champion
Why has no one mentioned the fact that the Xenoblade director's favourite Pokemon is Mewtwo?
...Now I'm suddenly seeing Shulk being best buds with Mewtwo.
You know what would be the most ironic thing of all time? If the reason the Xenoblade director retweeted the upcoming stream is because his favorite Pokemon is in it.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I thought we could all take a minute and relate to this

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
I thought we could all take a minute and relate to this

thats exactly what i was trying to say yesterday lol. level your expectations, dont think "anything is possible", otherwise you will be slapped in the face like in this video/the greninja trailer

anyway to change the subject theres so much talk about whether or not he gets in. but if mewtwo does get in he has two pretty huge obstacles to overcome

1 - he cant suck. melee mewtwo was balls terrible and no one used him. that cant happen
2 - he cant have the female voice. the guy that did mewtwo in the movie is retired i believe (that is tragic). and that recent movie, for whatever reason, gave him a female voice. i would rather not have mewtwo in the game than have mewtwo with a female voice. that ruins the character for me, makes me feel like im playing someone else completely

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
thats exactly what i was trying to say yesterday lol. level your expectations, dont think "anything is possible", otherwise you will be slapped in the face like in this video/the greninja trailer

anyway to change the subject theres so much talk about whether or not he gets in. but if mewtwo does get in he has two pretty huge obstacles to overcome

1 - he cant suck. melee mewtwo was balls terrible and no one used him. that cant happen
2 - he cant have the female voice. the guy that did mewtwo in the movie is retired i believe (that is tragic). and that recent movie, for whatever reason, gave him a female voice. i would rather not have mewtwo in the game than have mewtwo with a female voice. that ruins the character for me, makes me feel like im playing someone else completely

Honestly, I don't care one bit what voice Mewtwo has or how good he/she/(it?) is. The only thing that matters to me is that Mewtwo is included.

I'd rather a crappy Mewtwo than no Mewtwo.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Honestly, I don't care one bit what voice Mewtwo has or how good he/she/(it?) is. The only thing that matters to me is that Mewtwo is included.

I'd rather a crappy Mewtwo than no Mewtwo.
RIP Phillip Bartlett, the OG Mewtwo voice.

I'd like Dan Green to reprise Mewtwo from Mewtwo Returns if he (lol) returns to Smash.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well its either 3 scenarios

1 male voice (most likely due to pac-man aka sakurai picking the voice the fans prefer.)

2 female voice due to the movie

3 50/50 you can choice the voice (a weird way of saying alternate costume.)

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Uh. . .to the comments of rather having a crappy Mewtwo > no Mewtwo at all, is understandable but we shouldn't have to say we want that, shoutouts to TAJ & other said Melee Mewtwo mains but in the end Mewtwo's below decent leveled aka bad.
Pretty much that, why have so much love & belief that your favorite character returns & then say you'd be fine without any changes or improvements to the character? That happening is pretty much saying you guys don't care for his meta.:ohwell: If it was literally Melee Mewtwo dumped into Sm4sh then no thanks. I've played & enjoyed re-vamped Mewtwo from Project M too much to want boring Melee Mewtwo in SSB4.

But in all seriousness I get it. We want Mewtwo in no matter what happens regardless of good/bad stats. I just feel betrayed from the thought of no changes or adjustments to Mewtwo at all.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Mewtwo's 18th Anniversary this Friday? isn't it?
Well its either 3 scenarios

1 male voice (most likely due to pac-man aka sakurai picking the voice the fans prefer.)

2 female voice due to the movie

3 50/50 you can choice the voice (a weird way of saying alternate costume.)
Didn't Phillip Barlett voiced Mewtwo in SSBM I would say bring him back but he died shortly after the release of Melee. How about Dan Green he voiced Mewtwo in the Pokémon Movies in the 2000's. the Female voice never really grew on me.

Last edited:

Steelia

Smash Champion
...So... this's something I've never seen before.

Way back during the making of the First Movie, Toshihiro Ono (creator of The Electric Tale of Pikachu manga) was asked to make the origin of Mewtwo to coincide with the release of the movie. However, as time went on, Ono's manga was replaced midway by the short movie "The Birth of Mewtwo" instead. Ono's interpretation of Mewtwo's creation was released in an issue of CoroCoro Comic, and has been floating around in obscurity since.

Here's the manga, and here's a synopsis - just to remember why Mewtwo's so awesome.

Rythmic

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zadester
I would LOVE for Mewtwo to return in SSB4, but I don't think he's going to be revealed in the Monday reveal as it says 'New Fighter' which I don't think Mewtwo is. Unless he's counted as one since he wasent in Brawl. I don't know. I just don't think tomorrow is Mewtwos day... :(

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I would LOVE for Mewtwo to return in SSB4, but I don't think he's going to be revealed in the Monday reveal as it says 'New Fighter' which I don't think Mewtwo is. Unless he's counted as one since he wasent in Brawl. I don't know. I just don't think tomorrow is Mewtwos day... :(
Unless they do a Newcomer/Veteran style trailer. if So fingers crossed for Shulk and Mewtwo/Solid Snake. btw Welcome to Smashboards.
:ness:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom