• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Just a side note about Mewtwo and his role in Pokemon X & Y,

I don't think he plays any big parts, but he can be found in the games in a place called "Pokemon Village". yay:150:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
So you catch/attain Mewtwo in a village rather than in some dangerous cave this time? Huh...

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Oh, okay. Good. So they've stuck to that tradition still. Guess I misunderstood what you said earlier or somethin.

XtreamDarkRyu

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1375-8318-2992
What I'm hoping for is a reveal trailer for lucario tomorrow. They show off his moves and some combos and as the video ends mewtwo jumps out and beats the living shlt out of him, thus revealing the long awaited mewtwo and lucario to boot. Everyones happy and that's that. Unfortunately I have a feeling Red or Jiggs is gonna end up being the reveal =(

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Hopefully this post is my last and THE last in the Mewtwo discussion.
Cuz, you know, he might be released tomorrow.
I know someone's gonna post after me though, so I'll be waiting to post again.

MasteRMerF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasteRMerF
3DS FC
5000-2607-1297
Guys...if Mewtwo (or a newcomer even) is announced today, I don't know what I'll do

...probably cry...

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
I have no delusions. If Sakurai, or whomever he consults for the planning of reveals, has decided to reveal Mewtwo in honor of Pokemon X and Y, it will be nothing short of a kindness. It may be a smart hype-building move, but it will primarily be a kindness.

I'm just messin' wit ya.

HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE.

HYPE.

EDIT: ALSO HYPE.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Expect: Pokemon

Get: Wii Fit Trainer's yoga-pants-clad behind

Oh, Sakurai. You do this on purpose.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
I think: If Roy doesn't return back, why Mewtwo? ^^

Pokemon franchise has many important Pokemons. ^^

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ah ha i just realized something maybe sakurai wants a few pokemon x and y buyers first and then announce so not too many sales on x and y get ruined

So maybe its mewtwo

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
WFT is "asleep" according to Sakurai's daily comment.

Perhaps a subtle nod to Jigglypuff? Jiggly confirmed?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
hmm mew two might get a trailer right I think sakurai might need a couple more days to get mew twos trailer ready if its him

I mean think about it we all kind of excepted a character today but nope I mean if it was one that didn't need a trailer how likely would a character have ben confirmed today

XtreamDarkRyu

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1375-8318-2992
I honestly think he has people reading all the main smash sites just so when we figure him out he throws a curve ball. He probably has the trailer done and was ready to show it until someone said we were expecting it. Now he sits there, laughing at us, for he made a fool out of all of us!

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
It is on topic. If there are clues implying the reveal of a different Pokemon, it means we will have to wait much longer for any news on Mewtwo.

Any talk of Pokemon reps is roughly relevant here because, in a way, they are competing with each other. If not for slots, then for notoriety.

D

Deleted member 212841

Guys, stop expecting Mewtwo so early lol. If he's going to reveal any mons, he's going to reveal the super obvious vets first. In other words, Jigglypuff.

Steelia

Smash Champion
lol, I'm not sure why people are/were expecting a Saturday update. It may be XY release, but Sakurai's probably just chillin playing a copy he got weeks in advance :d

He did mention Game Freak being the stingiest of the companies he's worked with... so I guess not having a reveal a day before XY should come as no surprise, given the tight leash they have Sakurai on. At this point it's pretty wishful thinking that Mewtwo will show, and with the trend of SSBB Veterans lately, it'll likely continue with newly Fairy-typed Jiggs. That or Lucario. Trainer would be another obvious choice, but as his party takes 3 playable characters to make, no doubt he'll come much later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom