• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
lol, I'm not sure why people are/were expecting a Saturday update. It may be XY release, but Sakurai's probably just chillin playing a copy he got weeks in advance :d

He did mention Game Freak being the stingiest of the companies he's worked with... so I guess not having a reveal a day before XY should come as no surprise, given the tight leash they have Sakurai on. At this point it's pretty wishful thinking that Mewtwo will show, and with the trend of SSBB Veterans lately, it'll likely continue with newly Fairy-typed Jiggs. That or Lucario. Trainer would be another obvious choice, but as his party takes 3 playable characters to make, no doubt he'll come much later.
He got both versions

https://mobile.twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/389017306044461056

Thats just how obvious a pokemon character on a weekend or next week would happen

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Ah ha i just realized something maybe sakurai wants a few pokemon x and y buyers first and then announce so not too many sales on x and y get ruined

So maybe its mewtwo
Good point. Besides Mewtwo is one of the most important Pokemon.

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
Oh my jeebus.

Mewtwo just got confirmed for Project M over on TBH3's stream

It's due to release "Winter 2013"

HYPE

Steelia

Smash Champion
One of my siblings walked in and thought that was a legit teaser for SSB4. I wish :p but that doesn't make it any less hype.

Food for thought - every single animation they used there is customized. Every frame is completely new, something they made themselves. That's mind blowing. I'm still not won over by PM, but they're doing good. Doing really good.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Well~ it's Monday, and nothing revealed for the Pokeymans. Some people mentioned how Pkmn doesn't need the promotional boost, but come now. Promotions needed or no, it'd be a missed opportunity.

There are two things that come to mind with this lack of reveals... Either none of the Pokemon being worked on are finished (as mentioned before, Game Freak is known for being pretty hard to work with, so they're no doubt being thorough), or Sakurai is waiting for a Nintendo Direct - checking out the last few NDs, from what I gather there's the possibility of two a month. One near the beginning of the month, and one near the middle, which is sometimes not announced until later in the week that it aires.

Theories~ If we get a ND later this week... I think we can expect to see a special trailer :) If we don't, Sakurai will either reveal a veteran (Jiggs) or nothing at all.
Or Nintendo will reveal a Veteran on ND in passing because that's just how Sakurai rolls.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sakurai pretty much threw a double whammy there, but I'm pretty sure that the reasoning for that is because the Pokemon character models are still being worked on.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Guess this shouldn't come off as too surprising, but both X and Y forms of Mewtwo have dethroned Arceus, total base stat-wise. Mewtwo Y's total base stats for instance:

HP - 106
Atk - 150
Def - 70
Sp Atk - 194
Sp Def - 120
Speed - 140

= 780

Not sure what the numbers are for Mewtwo X yet, but obviously gotta be the same as Mewtwo Y's, just arranged differently like with physical attack being 194, etc.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Unfortunately, based on Smogon's research information, both Mega Mewtwo X and Mega Mewtwo Y are slower than some of the other mega Pokemon.

Mega Alakazam and Mega Aerodactyl outspeed Mega Mewtwo Y.

Steelia

Smash Champion
HP - 106
Atk - 150
Def - 70
Sp Atk - 194
Sp Def - 120
Speed - 140
= 780
Not sure what the numbers are for Mewtwo X yet, but obviously gotta be the same as Mewtwo Y's, just arranged differently like with physical attack being 194, etc.
I've heard two things for Mewtwo X.

HP : 106
Atk : 194
Def : 90
SpAtk : 150
SpDef : 90
Speed : 130
=760

and

Def : 100
SpAtk :150
SpDef : 100
=780

Either way, I'm totally down with it.
Mewtwo has always been better than Arceus anyway :d

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Unfortunately, based on Smogon's research information, both Mega Mewtwo X and Mega Mewtwo Y are slower than some of the other mega Pokemon.

Mega Alakazam and Mega Aerodactyl outspeed Mega Mewtwo Y.
Ironic, considering Mewtwo and Aerodactyl's regular forms had the same base speed stat if I recall right. Still, that's not too bad all things considered. Guess they were just trying to balance it out far as the mega forms' stats, and despite being Mewtwo being an uber/legendary they wanted at least a couple other Pokemon to have something over it in the speed department, I'm guessing.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've heard two things for Mewtwo X.

Def : 90
SpAtk : 150
SpDef : 90
=760

and

Def : 100
SpAtk :150
SpDef : 100
=780

Either way, I'm totally down with it.
Mewtwo has always been better than Arceus anyway :d
Mega Mewtwo X's stats seem inaccurate for the defenses, as from what I've seen from Smogon's research, Mega Pokemon have base stat totals that are 100 points higher than that of their original forms. In fact, an updated input actually states that Mega Mewtwo X has slightly stronger defenses. As a result, the following is certain to be Mega Mewtwo X's stats...

HP: 106
Attack: 190
Defense: 100
SP ATK: 154
SP DEF: 100
Speed: 130
Total: 780

Source: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokémon-xy-data-collection.3489182/page-20#post-4883561

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
I will never understand why gamefreak decides to make some of the best pokemon, such as mewtwo and blazekin, mega evolutions when they are already in the uber tier

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I will never understand why gamefreak decides to make some of the best pokemon, such as mewtwo and blazekin, mega evolutions when they are already in the uber tier
For the same reason they made a version of Charizard that was able to overwhelm Mewtwo; because they can.

And as pointed out it's not like either X or Y Mewtwo are the fastest mega forms out there. But yeah, Pokemon as a whole has never been "balanced". That's kinda why there's separate metagames/tiers for like ubers, UU, OU, and such.

And I personally don't see a problem with Mewtwo being made more formidable in the uber metagame again; some of gen 3 and especially gen 4 had dethroned him, badly, so plenty are glad he's made a bit of a comeback, not to mention for some, mega forms were about the only thing that would make him "muh relevant" again.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've looked at some information, regarding the heights of Mega Mewtwo X and Mega Mewtwo Y.

Apparently, Mega Mewtwo Y is much shorter than its normal state, while Mega Mewtwo X is over 7 feet tall. With this info, I did up another size comparison image, but since I don't have a Mega Mewtwo X model to utilize, I'll just have to stick with Mega Mewtwo Y for now.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Because they're popular and "sell" well. That's the only reason they need, Game Freak doesn't really care about balancing Pokémons, they just balance the types and call it a day. But hey, with over 700 Pokémons, there's bound to be some that are useless of course.

That's no reason to make matters worse though.

Both Mega Mewtwos' base stats peak at 780. That's a boost of 100 in total, and it has 60 more than Arceus. So basically, Mewtwo has become more powerful than god. While Mega Mewtwo Y (the strongest of the two because of the movepool) is extremely feeble, he's so damn fast and has so much Special Attack, nobody gets to do a thing before being one-shot. I guess Mewtwo really has become the world's strongest Pokémon again.

Steelia

Smash Champion
They *did* mention in an interview that, when it came to choosing Pokemon to receive MegaEvos, one factor was the Pokemon's popularity.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Both Mega Mewtwos' base stats peak at 780. That's a boost of 100 in total, and it has 60 more than Arceus. So basically, Mewtwo has become more powerful than god. While Mega Mewtwo Y (the strongest of the two because of the movepool) is extremely feeble, he's so damn fast and has so much Special Attack, nobody gets to do a thing before being one-shot. I guess Mewtwo really has become the world's strongest Pokémon again.
Unfortunately, based on Smogon's information, both Mega Mewtwo X and Mega Mewtwo Y can't outspeed Normal Deoxys and Attack Deoxys, and if Mega Mewtwo Y truly does have a lower base defense, it can end up taking a big blow from Ninjask's X-Scissor.

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
I've looked at some information, regarding the heights of Mega Mewtwo X and Mega Mewtwo Y.

Apparently, Mega Mewtwo Y is much shorter than its normal state, while Mega Mewtwo X is over 7 feet tall. With this info, I did up another size comparison image, but since I don't have a Mega Mewtwo X model to utilize, I'll just have to stick with Mega Mewtwo Y for now.

It because Pokémon X/Y's Pokémon bater models are smaller then Smash's Just to fit the 3ds.

Mizuxe

Smash Cadet
If Mewtwo was featured back, I wonder if his/her/its Fsmash would be transforming into mega Mewtwo X or Y

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Why his Forward Smash?
I think he meant Final Smash.

Mewtwo's F-aerial should either be changed, or be given a bigger hitbox.
Dude, Shadowclaw was freaking beast. Easily one of his best killmoves, and such a fan favorite that Taj himself named a series of combo videos after it.

Oh, and just so you now, it has been given a bigger hitbox in Project: M.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
At one point, I thought that Mega Mewtwo X would primarily be a close combat type of character. And considering how high its attack stat is in the RPGs, Mega Mewtwo X could give Ganondorf a run for his money.

Of course, the sheer force would have to be balanced out with slower movement speed.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I don't see X coming in.
I doubt Sakurai is willing to include three different states of Mewtwo, let alone one that was revealed rather late and nonchalant.

Best chance of X Mega in a fighting game would be that Pokken Fighters.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Honestly, I don't see X coming in.
I doubt Sakurai is willing to include three different states of Mewtwo, let alone one that was revealed rather late and nonchalant.

Best chance of X Mega in a fighting game would be that Pokken Fighters.
Seeing as the Pokemon Trainer will probably be back again, that may end up being the case, if Sakurai truly does want to make every fighter unique.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I think that Mewtwo would get a Final Smash where he Mega Evolves and uses Psystrike or something, but the catch would be that there are two variants of the move, each making Mewtwo transform into either MMX or MMY. You could even decide which form he'll become by pressing a specific button (maybe the X and Y buttons :awesome:).

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
ofcoarse somethings in my head now

do you guys think his moveset is not as bad as we thought I mean I never played project m yet but its just it seems they repaired all of mewtwos moves to work better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom