• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
This new leak is definitely good new for mewtwo if it's real. It implies six pokemon slots, which means jigglypuff and mewtwo are back in.

And even if the leak isn't real, I still expect jigglypuff and mewtwo.

Young$$$

The Sell Out Boy
NNID
PsyborgSSB
3DS FC
1891-1345-8774
whether or not the leak is real, I'm fairly certain he'll return.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I believe the leak was proven fake, already. Took long enough...

I don't think this really affects Mewtwo's chances, though.

TropicalTaco

Smash Journeyman
Found the avatar I'm gonna use as a future Mewtwo main in Smash 4.

Never changing it again.

Last edited:

Hot Uncle Sparky

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4356-0645-2703
A leak being thrown out by one pixel still might be true, the character slots might have moving animations similar to SSB64.

TheSkuxxedOne

Smash Cadet
Despite all the fake leaks, I really hope Mewtwo will be in and the way I see it, there's 2 ways he could be implemented.
1. Melee moveset.
2. Boss Character (sorry)
3. Revamped moveset maybe along the lines of his appearance in Pokemon Origins. I made a video about it too, for anyone that's interested...

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Despite all the fake leaks, I really hope Mewtwo will be in and the way I see it, there's 2 ways he could be implemented.
1. Melee moveset.
2. Boss Character (sorry)
3. Revamped moveset maybe along the lines of his appearance in Pokemon Origins. I made a video about it too, for anyone that's interested...

Nice video

For the movesets

You know what i did start to consider his specials would match the moveset of the mewtwo in that anime of mewtwo vs charizard

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman
Just one nitpick: Mewtwo used Psychic in Origins not Psystrike.

Other than that very good video.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Really...? Psychic has usually been depicted as a light-blue attack outlining the character.

....in the anime, anyway.
Pokemon Origins is a different interpretation than the regular anime series. With each media, certain liberties are taken to how attacks are portrayed. Therefore the regular anime didn't have a say in how Pokemon Origins portrays Psychic.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Just one nitpick: Mewtwo used Psychic in Origins not Psystrike.

Other than that very good video.
Well the one in Origins was supposed to be more or less the equivalent of a wild 70 Mewtwo you can normally catch in the games (hence it using Swift and such), so obviously it wouldn't know Psystrike there, which Mewtwo doesn't learn till level 100.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I'm afraid they'll give Mewtwo his new voice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ShvdXFOfu0

Sorry has his new voice already been discussed to death?
Ok how many times do i have to tell you people female voice mewtwo is not a lock for ssb4 its still possible for a male voice.

Sakurai listens too the fans. (not demanding ones.) and im pretty sure he knows the fans would rather have a male voice mewtwo.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225

I would be okay with this. Really, to me, it's inconsequential.

Ok how many times do i have to tell you people female voice mewtwo is not a lock for ssb4 its still possible for a male voice.

Sakurai listens too the fans. (not demanding ones.) and im pretty sure he knows the fans would rather have a male voice mewtwo.
Speak for yourself. I don't think there is any clear consensus.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I mean I really do think mewtwo will be back on his feet

and yes I think it is possible for a choice between male and female voice mewtwo's I think the male and female voice mewtwos have by a hair difference of body structure

C3CC

Smash Lord
It will suck if Mewtwo has a female voice. It just doesn't suit him. Yes, and I know that technically Mewtwo doesn't have a gender, but he just looks male and should sound male. His voice in Melee was amazing.

Steelia

Smash Champion
So I just stumbled upon this news pretty recently...
Bandai has a toyline called D-Arts Super Articulated Figures. They cover a wide variety of franchises, ranging from Mega Man to Digimon. They've fairly recently gotten into releasing figures of Pokemon characters. This is their latest one:

Guess who else snuck into the line earlier on?

and...

Just something I found interesting... :upsidedown:

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman
Got the Mewtwo one. It's really a great figure.

Was going to get Charizard but it is way too expensive (120 dlls!).

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Bandai has a toyline called D-Arts Super Articulated Figures. They cover a wide variety of franchises, ranging from Mega Man to Digimon. They've fairly recently gotten into releasing figures of Pokemon characters. This is their latest one:

and...

Do you know where I could get some of those? (preferably online)

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master

and...

Jigglypuff deconfirmed.

D

Deleted member

and...

To be fair, they've also done figures for Venusaur and Blastoise.

Though the fact Mewtwo has a D-Art figure probably means that if Mewtwo is in (I say "if" as to not make a definitive claim despite my belief that it's all but confirmed he's returning), Sakurai used it as a frame of reference for animations instead of the generic Micromen figures.

It has.
My feeling is, it could still be a male voice similar to Phillip Bartlett and Dan Green if Mewtwo is still characterized as in Melee as opposed to being given the characterization of the new Mewtwo.
Or, Mewtwo could just not have a speaking voice like Melee outside Japan and make bestial sounds like in Origins to go with Mewtwo's portrayal as a savage creature in the games.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I'm sorry, but if Lucario gets to talk, Mewtwo gets to talk. That is the end of the discussion for me. It's not even canon for Lucario to talk outside his movie! Not even other Pokemon anime! Mewtwo is a super-genius with psychic powers.

I ain't mad, but that is how I feel. Respect me, Sakurai. Please.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Got the Mewtwo one. It's really a great figure.

Was going to get Charizard but it is way too expensive (120 dlls!).
Interesting... How much is the Mewtwo one?

Jigglypuff deconfirmed.
Nah, Lucario and Greninja's inclusions in the game clearly somehow mean something more against Mewtwo than Jigglypuff, and Smash can't possibly have three bipedal Pokemon, let alone more character slots than Mario!!!

I'm sorry, but if Lucario gets to talk, Mewtwo gets to talk. That is the end of the discussion for me. It's not even canon for Lucario to talk outside his movie! Not even other Pokemon anime! Mewtwo is a super-genius with psychic powers.

I ain't mad, but that is how I feel. Respect me, Sakurai. Please.
Well according to the Pokedex Lucario understands human speech, so it may not be too much a stretch to say he could learn it as well, canonically. I agree though that if he still talks then so should Mewtwo.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
E3 just doesn't feel like the right time to reveal Mewtwo. I can't really explain it, but the way I feel is this:

E3 can go one of two ways. Either we only get about 1-3 characters revealed, or we have a reveal on the level of the Smash Direct, with 5 or more. I'm inclined to believe it's going to be 1-3, max, since there's going to be so much to discuss, as far as game modes and finer details, as well as a segment for analysis on Charizard, Greninja, Ike, and whoever appears at E3. We already have so many Pokemon revealed, and assuming there are 6 Pokemon slots, Mewtwo is a huge surprise for us. It seems fitting to make us wait until the 3DS Smash launches. If they blow their wad too early, it makes the hyp for the 3DS version peter off too quickly. No, they're going to save some blockbusters for release week.

I'm all for being pleasantly surprised, trust me. I just think that we're most likely to see a couple more veterans and a newcomer. If Snake or Pac-Man are in, they're gonna show up.

Plus, there's the tournament blowout. That's going to be the main event for a lot of people. Together with the digital event, the Q&A with Sakurai, and all the rest, it's going to be Smash Christmas no matter who gets revealed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom