• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViewtifulHoe242

Smash Journeyman
I think Ridley supporters could give Mewtwo fans some serious competition for the loudest fanbase.

And, really... You keep saying how you don't like the idea of this forum, yet you're still here with over 200 posts.
can't blame em ridley never got a shot to be in smash in the first place, they had to resort to charizard texture hacks on brawlvault. and yes i post alot in project m and melee's meta threads for information, advice and input on how to play and better myself as a potential competitive smasher in all the areas involved, as well as project m download help and stuff.
its the social elements of forums im not keen on. i'll respect everyone's opinions and leave

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I wouldn't count that as an indicator because the song was in Brawl as well.
True but mewtwo wa mean't for brawl that's probably why the song was in the first place I mean poke floats is not in brawl

That's the final destination no way poke floats would be there pokemon stadium as well when you fight him in classic

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
People who tend to throw around the word overrated are often pretty clueless about it's meaning and don't realize that is not interchangeable with "I don't like it".

"The Beatles are overrated, I don't get why people like them. The only thing they do is make good music."
"Pizza is overrated, people only say it's good because it's taste is delicious."
"Mewtwo is overrated, after all it only was the single strongest pokemon in the RBY days and is still one of the strongest pokemon even among legendaries."

Overrated!

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I'd like to see Mewtwo return because he's a refreshing change of pace. Much like Ness and Olimar and like Rosalina will be, Mewtwo features a very different playstyle that may seem awkward the first time you use it, but is incredibly rewarding once you figure it out. His teleport game makes him unpredictable, his moves have an unusual way of working together, and in general he's one of the most unique fighters in Melee. I would gladly take him over another C. Falcon clone or another super-agile ninja.

Last edited:

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
because nothing's being accomplished, everyone's just spinning their wheels. what can be said here can contribute to his possible return in the new game?! (if you can answer that without opinions or fanboy bull**** i WILL see reason) i was just wondering how there could be so much talk when theres no concrete proof that he's even in. but yeah the whole gathered internet fanbase forum thing was never interesting to me so i fail to see the appeal.
What is there to accomplish? None of us work with Sakurai, we can't forcibly alter the development of the game. The only way we affect things is if there are people whose job it is to monitor English internet buzz, but that's a bit fantastic, and the game's roster and development time has been long since planned out anyway. But we post here anyway because we want to divulge what the most reasonable expectation is, or at least just chat with fellow fans. After all, the subject matter is recreational anyway. We can't directly affect the games, so we don't have to accomplish anything (though the Smash Community often prides itself on fan projects), we're just waiting on a game we care deeply about. But I digress. Are you saying that you never spin your wheels, that you never predict or speculate? Are you above being curious, or above being sociable? Why do you see it as a negative thing to begin with?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
People who tend to throw around the word overrated are often pretty clueless about it's meaning and don't realize that is not interchangeable with "I don't like it".

"The Beatles are overrated, I don't get why people like them. The only thing they do is make good music."
"Pizza is overrated, people only say it's good because it's taste is delicious."
"Mewtwo is overrated, after all it only was the single strongest pokemon in the RBY days and is still one of the strongest pokemon even among legendaries."

Overrated!
With Mega Evolution Mewtwo is once again the strongest Pokemon

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Mewtwo needs a new:
F-tilt
U-tilt
Down B(or just more range+stun time,not too much though)
Side B(or they could just make it reflect.)
Neutral B(Psystrike!)
Faster running speed
More weight

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Mewtwo needs a new:
F-tilt
U-tilt
Down B(or just more range+stun time,not too much though)
Side B(or they could just make it reflect.)
Neutral B(Psystrike!)
Faster running speed
More weight
I think his Neutral B and U-tilt are fine the way they are.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Which is partly why I liked Disable better. As much as it could've been better, at least it was fully functional unlike Confusion's reflect properties.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Ah, so it's my mistake then. I'm so used to it in Project M, I forgot it couldn't hurt opponents in Melee.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I'm focusing on special moves

(Only 2 or 3 in each for ideas for custom moveset)

Neutral Special (A his shadow ball)(B what we saw in the pokemon anime of charizard X versus mewtwo (it's what mewtwo used to beat articunio in 1 hit))

Side special (A what we had in melee)(B pyscho cut)

Down special (A same as melee) (B psystrike) (C barrier/reflect)

Well accually for up special I can't think of anything besides teleport

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I think they might drop Confusion for something more flashy, like Psycho Cut or something.

Also, Disable should seriously be renamed "Confuse Ray", that's been bugging me for eons. If it doesn't turn into Barrier/Light Screen.

Just brainstorming here.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
So how did Patrick make everything explode.
On topic:Also what move did Mewtwo use to 1 shot Articuno?

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
So how did Patrick make everything explode.
On topic:Also what move did Mewtwo use to 1 shot Articuno?
I'm guessing Psychic since it has the same moveset as the original Red and Green, so its only attack moves are Psychic and Swift.

Gnarleysquid

Smash Apprentice
I actually wrote up a piece about why Mewtwo should return in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS. This was prior to the unveiling of Charizard and Greninja, but I feel it still has relevancy. Given that Brawl had a total of six Pokemon reps (Pikachu, Lucario, Charizard, Ivysaur, Squirtle, and Jigglypuff), I believe there's still room for the imperfect, rogue clone to make his return.
http://gamerant.com/mewtwo-return-super-smash-bros-wiiu-3ds/

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I actually wrote up a piece about why Mewtwo should return in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS. This was prior to the unveiling of Charizard and Greninja, but I feel it still has relevancy. Given that Brawl had a total of six Pokemon reps (Pikachu, Lucario, Charizard, Ivysaur, Squirtle, and Jigglypuff), I believe there's still room for the imperfect, rogue clone to make his return.
Good god, some of the comments there make me want to rip the spleen out of a dog.

EDIT: Oh, welcome to the forums, buddy!

Last edited:

Gnarleysquid

Smash Apprentice
Good god, some of the comments there make me want to rip the spleen out of a dog.

EDIT: Oh, welcome to the forums, buddy!
Haha! Yeah, they aren't all that relevant for the most part and some are just unnecessarily vibrant. Don't go spleen ripping yet though!

Also, thanks! Definitely can't wait to get in on the community, and I figured Mewtwo's thread was a good place to start. ;)

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
What a great article!Those are very good reasons for Mewtwo to come back.Those comments are awful...Geno?Lucario=Mewtwo clone.

Welcome to Smashboards,what a nice first post I hope Mewtwo is in SMASH 4.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Oh, I've read that article before. I found it to be a nice summary of Mewtwo's positive traits and reasons for being on the roster. Good work.

On that note, welcome to Smashboards! I hope you find the community to be an enjoyable place for all things Smash related.

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman
Great article man, welcome.

HVDooD

Smash Cadet
Yeah...so irrelevant.Captain Falcon's last game(F-Zero Climax)was released in 2004 October which is almost a decade ago and it was a Japan Exclusive so we didn't even get it in the U.S.
Be careful, be very careful... :mad:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Welcome man thats a awsome article

Although i don't see a part about the greninja trailer (but that's probably because this was before that)

Gavitro

Smash Cadet
Gnarleysquid said:
I actually have read this article before you mentioned it, it was spot-on, too.

Mewtwo doesn't seem to be a villian much more though, especially since it's new movie makes it seem more like an anti-hero than a genuine threat.

Nevertheless, enjoy your time here!

Last edited:

Gnarleysquid

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, everyone. Definitely excited to be a part of the boards. I've written quite a bit about the new Smash games thus far for Game Rant, so I'll definitely link to further features, list posts, and editorials in their appropriate threads. Plus I now have a great source to draw input from in those articles!

Anyway, yeah, Mewtwo!!!

Welcome man thats a awsome article

Although i don't see a part about the greninja trailer (but that's probably because this was before that)
Yeah, it was written prior to the Charizard/Greninja announcement. I was convinced during that trailer that Greninja was initially Mewtwo... I was equal parts heartbroken and ecstatic.

I actually have read this article before you mentioned it, it was spot-on, too.

Mewtwo doesn't seem to be a villian much more though, especially since it's new movie makes it seem more like an anti-hero than a genuine threat.

Nevertheless, enjoy your time here!
That's a fair point. It has become more of an anti-hero, albeit an absolutely ruthless opponent against Red and Blue in the Pokemon Origins anime.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gavitro

Smash Cadet
It takes too much time qouting someone on a mobile device, but indeed, Mewtwo was savage against Red. Though, this might just be for it's self-defense, after all it's pretty much a superpowered wild animal that would just be left alone.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, Mewtwo was never really a villain to begin with.

Just a savage beast that seeks solitude and battle.

The "villain" thing came from the anime where the first Mewtwo wanted to wipe out humanity in the dub. In the original, Mewtwo was only wanting to show the world his existance has meaning.

p4nd4p4nd4p4nd4p4nd4

Smash Cadet
NNID
le-harlz
3DS FC
4227-0851-7533

The "villain" thing came from the anime where the first Mewtwo wanted to wipe out humanity in the dub. In the original, Mewtwo was only wanting to show the world his existance has meaning.
Silly 4kids, not letting kids have an existentialist crisis alongside their favorite Pokemon, that's the best part.

For the sake of simplistic story telling with the event matches and probably the super dumb downed story/adventure mode thing, it's very likely we'll see Mewtwo bundled in with the Villain characters because of his status of endgame boss. While not necessarily evil, he is a menacing foe visually and is definitely someone who you would expect to see at the end of your journey/fight/struggle/event matches.

Gnarleysquid

Smash Apprentice
It takes too much time qouting someone on a mobile device, but indeed, Mewtwo was savage against Red. Though, this might just be for it's self-defense, after all it's pretty much a superpowered wild animal that would just be left alone.
I agree. The character has a number of redeeming qualities (ruthlessness aside). I see Mewtwo akin to, and stay with me for a moment, Godzilla. It's not out to hurt anyone, it's solitary and largely wishes to be left alone, but it will mercilessly destroy anything that challenges it.

I equate it to the prime example of a boss in Pokemon – the final challenger in the games.

Aaaaaand I just noticed your pic! My above comment regarding Godzilla feels a lot more relevant now. haha

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Silly 4kids, not letting kids have an existentialist crisis alongside their favorite Pokemon, that's the best part.

For the sake of simplistic story telling with the event matches and probably the super dumb downed story/adventure mode thing, it's very likely we'll see Mewtwo bundled in with the Villain characters because of his status of endgame boss. While not necessarily evil, he is a menacing foe visually and is definitely someone who you would expect to see at the end of your journey/fight/struggle/event matches.
So, pretty much like Melee with the "Final Showdown".

And Brawl's "Final Battle"/"Final Battle for Two", which lumped Dedede, Wario, Meta Knight, and Wolf in with Bowser and Ganondorf despite the four not being actual villains (though Wario was one for the sake of SSE).

D

Deleted member

Too bad the original is only in Japan. I've heard good things about that movie and someone who used to enjoy the (obviously bad) dub, I'd love to see the original someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom