• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bedjy dious

Smash Rookie
yeah i understand
it just something i pointed out and thought to share it here, he is facing the same way as pikachu and charizard are but on a lower ground but higher than the regular pokeballs.

bedjy dious

Smash Rookie
Warning Received
maybe, it came from a fan page on facebook, a lot of those pages are real( am not talking about those fan made pages with mega lugias and other stuff)

i just screenshotted it from my google chromebook. but sorry if i gave you guys false hopes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gavitro

Smash Cadet
bedjy dious said:
maybe, it came from a fan page on facebook, a lot of those pages are real( am not talking about those fan made pages with mega lugias and other stuff)

i just screenshotted it from my google chromebook. but sorry if i gave you guys false hopes.
Real, you say? I'm not going to believe that at all.

Heck if I know, there's a thread on this very site (one of the largest threads here in fact) that specifically debunks or confirms leaks and other tidbits. Might wanna go there if you find a coincidental "awesome screenshot".

Moving on, what would you guys think about changing Mewtwo's down-B, Disable?

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Trash it, I personally never found it that useful. I'd like to see Light Screen or something. Mewtwo would move his hand downward, putting a wall in front of him that could block projectiles, or send thrown items to the ground, allowing him to pick them up.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
I say cut disable and give him psycho cut instead. We need more slashing based projectiles. Also give him a better reflective type move like barrier or mirror coat.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I've always liked the idea of Future Sight being his Down-B. It'd be sort of like Snake's Down-B, except it could be placed anywhere due to being a bit of psychic energy. It'd be a cool way for Mewtwo to be able to blow up opponents from far away, at least.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Moving on, what would you guys think about changing Mewtwo's down-B, Disable?
This has been brought up many a time, and my opinion on the matter never changes. Disable is a stylish, definitive move for Mewtwo in Smash Bros, there is no reason it should be cut.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Just give it more range so he's not as vulnerable since using it up close is pretty bad or let it do some damage so his combos with it do more.Also neutral B should be psystrike.

Gavitro

Smash Cadet
woopyfrood said:
This has been brought up many a time, and my opinion on the matter never changes. Disable is a stylish, definitive move for Mewtwo in Smash Bros, there is no reason it should be cut
Yeah, that's kinda what I meant. I didn't say "replace" Disable now, did I?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
You know, looking at the Greninja reveal trailer... I'm really starting to think they were purposefully trying to make people think Greninja was Mewtwo.

Just comparing Greninja when he's charging up his attack to when he's actually revealed, it doesn't look like the models match up. Specifically the hands. If you look at Greninja's fingers when he's charging up, the fingers aren't webbed and are pointed at the end. Greninja actually has webbed fingers and round, flat fingertips, which can be clearly seen when he's officially revealed. Those hands definitely are more similar to those of Mewtwo than they are to Greninja's. I might even argue that the body shape in that scene is more similar to Mewtwo's than it is to Greninja's, but that might be a bit of a stretch.

So, it seems quite plausible that they were trying to troll people by making Greninja look like Mewtwo. Perhaps that kind of intention hints towards Mewtwo's inclusion? After all, it would be rather cruel, and kind of a dumb idea, to tease Mewtwo like that, knowing that he's the one people want, and then not include him.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Looking at the votes for mewtwo

I know its obviously was going to happen but I'm happy that the voter do agree that mewtwo is still alive

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Looking at the votes for mewtwo

I know its obviously was going to happen but I'm happy that the voter do agree that mewtwo is still alive
Well... Not everyone thinks he's returning...

Mewtwo's chances: 0%
This is coming from someone who wants him in 100%! It doesn't matter that I want Mewtwo in so badly, he never came to brawl, and he's never coming again!
I'm seeing quite a mix of responses from people in the RTC thread. Some think he's still a shoo-in, others just don't think he's going to happen anymore, and a lot are just iffy about the whole deal. Kind of reminds me of Ridley's situation, actually. I guess Mewtwo is more positive, though.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

I'm seeing quite a mix of responses from people in the RTC thread. Some think he's still a shoo-in, others just don't think he's going to happen anymore, and a lot are just iffy about the whole deal. Kind of reminds me of Ridley's situation, actually. I guess Mewtwo is more positive, though.
Ok most of the voters still think think his chances are not changed too much

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
We have 4 pokemon now and Jigglypuff is probably coming back so that makes 5.
Brawl had 6 pokemon(Pokemon trainer is three pokemon)
It would be kinda weird to see the amount of reps drop so we need six pokemon.

Who was planned for 64,was in melee and planned for brawl?Mewtwo(http://www.ssbwiki.com/Beta_elements_(SSB)#Planned_characters http://www.ssbwiki.com/Beta_elements_(SSBB)#Scrapped_characters
Who got a signature move in gen 5?Mewtwo(http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Psystrike_(move))
Who was the first mega evolution?Mewtwo(Ok technically Lucario game wise,but Mewtwo movie wise)
Who got two mega evolutions?Mewtwo(the only other is Charizard but he's already in the game so...)

D

Deleted member

well i have this picture of something that is in the greninja reveal, could it be 3 pokemon reveals?http://awesomescreenshot.com/0242nszx52
I'd like to know what exactly that is.

Not that I believe said character is playable, but still.

edit: Crap, didn't know it was false.

Mainly because Mewtwo hasn't been hinted at non-playable status like Ridley and in fact, has receive hints that Mewtwo is returning.

Last edited by a moderator:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294

Because you have the people who think "slots" actually mean something and those that don't.
Combine that with the people who think popularity counts for something and those that don't. Then combine that with the possibility of dislike potentially biasing scores, and all of a sudden you have the chance for incredibly low scores.

The way I see it, Sakurai isn't the kind of developer that is going to leave out the most wanted character in the world for the sake of the character select screen looking nice. I say that because he bothered to stop whatever was being done with Brawl at the time to include Sonic. If he's willing to go to such great lengths for not only a character that had to be included with all the things that a new franchise needs (a stage, trophies, stickers, music, what have you.), but a third party character to boot, I think Mewtwo's in good hands. Even if Mewtwo is possibly not as popular as Sonic was which I can't say for certain either way.
Either way, Mewtwo's situation is definitely more positive than Ridley's. Ridley's popular, but Mewtwo is...well, Mewtwo.
And also Mewtwo isn't potentially viewed as better for a non-playable role since he's already been playable.
That's another thing entirely right there, actually; he's already been playable. Having even some moveset details already present even just in idea-form is a plus from a development standpoint.
Mewtwo still is one of the most likely characters. Palutena hasn't trumped him, she's only joined his ranks. From my perspective, the only characters that beat Mewtwo are some of the unconfirmed Brawl veterans.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Assuming Lucario or Greninja are unlockable, Jiggs is the only poke rep to probably be revealed post game release. Since everyone assumes shes in, it would be dissapionting to unlock just her and maybe one of the former two since we know there in this game. Every smash game had some kind of surprising secret character plus we awlways got two new/additional pokemon reps for each game (Mewtwo is a vet but being exluded from Brawl puts him in this category).

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Assuming Lucario or Greninja are unlockable, Jiggs is the only poke rep to probably be revealed post game release. Since everyone assumes shes in, it would be dissapionting to unlock just her and maybe one of the former two since we know there in this game. Every smash game had some kind of surprising secret character plus we awlways got two new/additional pokemon reps for each game (Mewtwo is a vet but being exluded from Brawl puts him in this category).
I don't know if Mewtwo would be the ideal choice for that sort of thing, though. While it would be an awesome surprise, he's almost too big of a character to just be kept secret. I would think they'd want to reveal him for the sake of hyping the game up shortly before its release. I could be wrong about this, but that's what I would think.

Then again, I also think that Greninja would have been a good secret character...

Last edited:

Goten21

Smash Journeyman
We have 4 pokemon now and Jigglypuff is probably coming back so that makes 5.
Brawl had 6 pokemon(Pokemon trainer is three pokemon)
It would be kinda weird to see the amount of reps drop so we need six pokemon.

Who was planned for 64,was in melee and planned for brawl?Mewtwo(http://www.ssbwiki.com/Beta_elements_(SSB)#Planned_characters http://www.ssbwiki.com/Beta_elements_(SSBB)#Scrapped_characters
Who got a signature move in gen 5?Mewtwo(http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Psystrike_(move))
Who was the first mega evolution?Mewtwo(Ok technically Lucario game wise,but Mewtwo movie wise)
Who got two mega evolutions?Mewtwo(the only other is Charizard but he's already in the game so...)
Charizards was the first to mega evolve during that Red special (which you were probably referring to as movie)

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Charizards was the first to mega evolve during that Red special (which you were probably referring to as movie)
The Pokemon movie with Genesect was where Mewtwo mega evolved into its Y form. That came out before the special did.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I don't want to start an argument or anything but I honestly don't think Mewtwo is back.

Having 5 characters/slots in the big 3 allow for a neat roster and I don't see Jigglypuff getting cut. and 5 solo reps is also great representation for any series.
Honestly, I would have preferred them bring back Mewtwo than make Charizard solo and it better represents the series and wouldn't be as big a slap in the face to fans of Squirtal and Ivysaur.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
The way I see it, Sakurai isn't the kind of developer that is going to leave out the most wanted character in the world
Actually, the most wanted character in the world was Megaman, who is now in. Keep that in mind.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I don't want to start an argument or anything but I honestly don't think Mewtwo is back.

Having 5 characters/slots in the big 3 allow for a neat roster and I don't see Jigglypuff getting cut. and 5 solo reps is also great representation for any series.
Honestly, I would have preferred them bring back Mewtwo than make Charizard solo and it better represents the series and wouldn't be as big a slap in the face to fans of Squirtal and Ivysaur.
So, no Mewtwo because the roster wouldn't be pretty otherwise?

I kind of doubt Mewtwo would be excluded for a reason like that.

Goten21

Smash Journeyman

Charizard was the biggest thing from the very anticipated pokémon special
This happening was predictable

I can see Mewtwo becoming a boss-battle, solely because of this

The Pokemon movie with Genesect was where Mewtwo mega evolved into its Y form. That came out before the special did.
Aha, thanks for the info!

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
it accured to me I know this is extremely unlikely but if genesect is playable I think jigglypuff is getting the boot and mewtwo will be in

(this is if genesect is playable mewtwo would have 2 rivals in 1 lucario and genesect)

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
it accured to me I know this is extremely unlikely but if genesect is playable I think jigglypuff is getting the boot and mewtwo will be in

(this is if genesect is playable mewtwo would have 2 rivals in 1 lucario and genesect)
Genesect seems like the best choice for a second pokemon newcomer since we didnt see him as a pokeball yet and he would be the ideal 5th gen rep. However his chances are about the same as Sceptile and Mewtwo has higher piority over both of them plus Jigglypuff isn't getting cut as much as I want her to.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Genesect seems like the best choice for a second pokemon newcomer since we didnt see him as a pokeball yet and he would be the ideal 5th gen rep. However his chances are about the same as Sceptile and Mewtwo has higher piority over both of them plus Jigglypuff isn't getting cut as much as I want her to.
yea I know I just pointed that out its just a theory due to jigglypuff almost getting cut in brawl according to the sorce but I think the other 2 is jiggly puff and mewtwo

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
There's nothing wrong with Mewtwo's Disable, and he already has a reflect. Why does anybody want to change it? It doesn't have to spammable to be useful, and considering its effects I think it's appropriate to require some advance planning to pull it off.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Short range, only works on apponents from the front and stuned them for only a seconed, thats why alot of people hated that move plus its pretty usless considering how Mewtwo worked in melee.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
If we get Mewtwo back, which I want, it pains me to say I hope his moves change, at least his Neutral B. With Lucario and Greninja already having change uo projectiles, I think the should diversify the pokemon more. Or hell, give us classic Mewtwo with Shadow Ball and Sceptile with Energy Ball, see what I care.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Pardon my interruption, but I too was shaken after the Greninja trailer. Seeing how he hasn't appeared yet is a blessing in disguise, I can breath a sigh of relief....for now.
Short range, only works on apponents from the front and stuned them for only a seconed, thats why alot of people hated that move plus its pretty usless considering how Mewtwo worked in melee.
What about P:M Mewtwo's? It stuns regardless of the direction they're facing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom