• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
Somehow, a teleporting psychic telekinetic feels the same as an aura-combo-centric fighter that shares a single special move. Hmph.

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
The problem here is that you guys are proposing that your feelings are evidence. That is not what evidence is :/.

If you want evidence just use Google to see how many people feel like Lucario and Mewtwo feel very similar. Even if you don't agree a lot of people feel that way and this conversation comes up all the time. It devolves into "they're not similar!" "they are similar!" every time. But the difference here is you guys think your opinions somehow amount to evidence and proof. :rolleyes:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The problem here is that you guys are proposing that your feelings are evidence. That is not what evidence is :/.

If you want evidence just use Google to see how many people feel like Lucario and Mewtwo feel very similar. Even if you don't agree a lot of people feel that way and this conversation comes up all the time. It devolves into "they're not similar!" "they are similar!" every time. But the difference here is you guys think your opinions somehow amount to evidence and proof. :rolleyes:
And somehow the other people's 'feelings' amount to evidence and proof.
They are very different. So what if their neutral B is similar, Samus had it first. So what if they're both light and floaty, every character in Brawl is like that.
Using how many other people feel the same way is no more evidence than the amount of people on either side of the too big argument.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I see it like this of how the greninja teased mewtwo

1# charizard is alone and from good enough proof in sauer has no chance but squirtle is just barely hanging in there

2# both charizard and lucarios mega form were shown. But he did not show the transformations in progress and right before greninja so final smash so hint for final smash. And mewtwos final smash doesn't have to be mega form y or x because psystrike could be a alternate for a final smash.
(ps that's probably going to be pokemon trainers new role transforming lucario charizard and mewtwo to there mega forms)

3# we thought for the trailer greninja was mewtwo (until either after the shot or know its water not shadow or see the ninja start shape thing) so sakurai teased mewtwo just like he has ben doing for ridley (if ridley is playable anyway)

4# mewtwo was not shown with any of the pokemon in the trailer. (All of the ones deconfirm no sight of him in there so I really doubt he's a legendary pokeball pokemon or should I say master ball pokemon)

5# there was 6 playable pokemon in brawl. We have 4 so far. So going back to reason 1 squirtle and ivysaur kicked for jigglypuff and mewtwo.

6# we get 2 new pokemon slots each time 64= 2 pokemon (jigglypuff, pikachu) (supose to be 3) melee= 4 (pikachu, jigglypuff, mewtwo, pichu,) and brawl = 6 we lost 2 but still 2 new pokemon (lucario, pikachu, jigglypuff, charizard, squirtle, ivysaur). What I'm saying is likely to get 6 ssb4 pokemon but 8 is a possiblity too.

7# last but not least all of the evidence before the greninja trailer.

That's how I see mewtwo fine

(Ps I hope you can read it fine I can edit it to be readable if you can't)

Last edited:

Gavitro

Smash Cadet
Gimj said:
Somehow, a teleporting psychic telekinetic feels the same as an aura-combo-centric fighter that shares a single special move. Hmph.
Smash G said:

Guys, really, Mewtwo and Lucario have one similar move. That's it. There's nothing else that makes them considered "clones". And they're far from true clones.

Mewtwo was supposed to be in Brawl anyways, so Lucario did not act as a direct replacement for Mewtwo.

I bet Sakurai would tweak Mewtwo's Shadow Ball to make it more different from Lucario's Aura Sphere in the next Smash.

A separate thread for a debate like this would be nice.

Last edited:

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman
I will just say this:

If Mewtwo is indeed a Pokeball Pokemon this time, I will never forgive Sakurai. It will be complete spit to the face if Mewtwo goes from playable --> Pokeball.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I will just say this:

If Mewtwo is indeed a Pokeball Pokemon this time, I will never forgive Sakurai. It will be complete spit to the face if Mewtwo goes from playable --> Pokeball.
Relax I really doubt mewtwo will be downgraded to that besides mewtwo was not with the pokemon in the greninja trailer

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I will just say this:

I'm fairly doubtful of that scenario. Looking at the Greninja trailer, I'd wager we're actually able to see every Pokeball pokemon in the game. The vast majority of them are ones that we've either already seen as Pokeball pokemon, are returning ones from Brawl, or are several seemingly random ones (like Zoroark, Giratina, or Inkay) that more than likely will end up being Pokeball pokemon. I'm guessing they just revealed the entire cast of Pokeball pokemon right then and there. So, since Mewtwo was nowhere to be seen then, he's probably not a Pokeball pokemon.

So that's one less thing we need to worry about.

PKNinja95

Smash Ace
NNID
AKninja95
3DS FC
3351-4567-0361
I will just say this:

I highly doubt it. That would be the biggest troll move or a kick in the nuts(whichever is worse).

Mewtwo_soul

Smash Rookie
I see it like this of how the greninja teased mewtwo

1# charizard is alone and from good enough proof in sauer has no chance but squirtle is just barely hanging in there

2# both charizard and lucarios mega form were shown. But he did not show the transformations in progress and right before greninja so final smash so hint for final smash. And mewtwos final smash doesn't have to be mega form y or x because psystrike could be a alternate for a final smash.
(ps that's probably going to be pokemon trainers new role transforming lucario charizard and mewtwo to there mega forms)

3# we thought for the trailer greninja was mewtwo (until either after the shot or know its water not shadow or see the ninja start shape thing) so sakurai teased mewtwo just like he has ben doing for ridley (if ridley is playable anyway)

4# mewtwo was not shown with any of the pokemon in the trailer. (All of the ones deconfirm no sight of him in there so I really doubt he's a legendary pokeball pokemon or should I say master ball pokemon)

5# there was 6 playable pokemon in brawl. We have 4 so far. So going back to reason 1 squirtle and ivysaur kicked for jigglypuff and mewtwo.

6# we get 2 new pokemon slots each time 64= 2 pokemon (jigglypuff, pikachu) (supose to be 3) melee= 4 (pikachu, jigglypuff, mewtwo, pichu,) and brawl = 6 we lost 2 but still 2 new pokemon (lucario, pikachu, jigglypuff, charizard, squirtle, ivysaur). What I'm saying is likely to get 6 ssb4 pokemon but 8 is a possiblity too.

7# last but not least all of the evidence before the greninja trailer.

That's how I see mewtwo fine

(Ps I hope you can read it fine I can edit it to be readable if you can't)

Honestly, the hinting at Mewtwo was coincidental at best, because when I first saw the trailer (when it played on that day: The direct I mean) I thought the person standing upside down was Sheik at first. I never even thought of it as Mewtwo, so anything related to Mewtwo and "teasing" or hinting at best is circumstantial or coincidence at best .

That doesn't hurt Mewtwo's chances, and I'm sure most people believe there is a decent chance of Mewtwo's return (myself included) but I'm just saying. On that note: I don't know if all Pokemon in the poke'balls were revealed in the direct, a large amount? Certainly, but I doubt all of them were revealed.

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo will at the VERY least be a boss....I can't see him as an Assist Trophy(Why not Pokeball 'm ?) or stage hazard....so...

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Mewtwo will at the VERY least be a boss....I can't see him as an Assist Trophy(Why not Pokeball 'm ?) or stage hazard....so...
If mewtwo is a boss and not playable

How likely that to happen is if that happens I will eat a cactus for breakfast then watch the pig fly over the rainbow

Mewtwo is very low low chance being a boss but that's the only other path for him if not playable again I guess

Last edited:

TropicalTaco

Smash Journeyman
It's obvious to me that Mewtwo will not be appearing as a Pokeball Pokemon. However, I also doubt the chances of them designing him to be merely a boss character. And I doubt it for the simple reason that, were Sakurai to commit time and resources to creating a highly detailed character model for him, and then also design a moveset... why even go that far? Like, why would you even go that far into developing him without making him a playable character?

It'd be so much effort for so little purpose, and would only disappoint a lot of people. There's literally no excuse not to make him playable.

Last edited:

Steelia

Smash Champion

If you want evidence just use Google to see how many people feel like Lucario and Mewtwo feel very similar.
You guys are wrong using your feelings. Check out all those other people using their feelings! So much feel.

Gavitro

Smash Cadet
Mario_and_Sonic_Guy said:
Mewtwo was not seen at all in Greninja's trailer, so it seems that being a Poke Ball Pokemon is highly doubtful for it.
This is why I'm feeling better about Mewtwo. The longer he stays hidden, the better his chance seems to be. Those that aren't deconfirmed quickly are something to consider.

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
I agree with you all, I don't see him as a boss either. I'm just saying, the most feasible scenario with him being in the game but not playable -> boss. I would hate if he were not playable lol.

D

Deleted member

So I wonder if we should make a sort of a support thread for Mewtwo? I'm confident he's in, but I think it's be fun to make one to show our support for the psychic master.
9 poke reps was supose to be in brawl pulse & minen were supose to be playable and mewtwo so if both were in pulse and minen would have ben cut obviously

So 6 in smash 4 is fine

Pikachu. Lucario. Charizard. Greninja. Mewtwo. Jigglypuff
We don't even know if eight was planned. Even if it was, this would count as eight Pokemons, not nine.
I feel like Mewtwo appearing in Smash 4 becomes less and less likely every time a new Pokemon is announced. It's still entirely possible that Mewtwo will appear, though. The fans really want him, so Sakurai might put him in, as so far he's listened a bit to the community. Plus he's... sort of relevant in XY. I wouldn't be surprised if he is announced. But I definitely wouldn't be surprised if he isn't.
Considering that we've gotten two Pokemon newcomers in the previous games (Brawl having four) and we only know one newcomer, I definitely don't see this as detrimental to Mewtwo.
I will just say this:

I'd go as far as to say that returning Mewtwo in anything less than a playable character would be a spit in the face. I would legitimately rage if after all of the teasing and all the things Mewtwo has going for it that Mewtwo get excluded. I'd still buy the game (after all, I can't pass up on Mega Man in Smash), but this would kill some of my hype for this game.

Last edited by a moderator:

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
Anything less than a playable Mewtwo would hurt worse than a nuke to the nuts.

And you would not go through that sort of pain, now would you?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I truly believe mewtwo will return

Gamexplain looses a few point for me because 2 of them think mewtwo is not going to make it again

They're problem is the mega evolution problem (we went over that one)

They final smashes are the same but they are 100% different because pokemon pen ever have the same moves

And plus he said transformations are gone so how can the mega evolutions be moves if those are gone so they are definatly final smash

And last but not least the triple land master thing comes back into play

But I know mega forms do not hurt them even if game explain saids so

Unlike the land masters the mega forms are different final smashes charizard and lucario do not have the same mega form moves so different final smash so 3 mega evo pokemon is fine

Last edited by a moderator:

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Lucario and Charizard's Mega evolutions aren't confirmed to be final smashes yet.

If they aren't then that prolly impact Mewtwo in some way. Maybe the programming resources meant for Ivysaur and Squirtle are used toward balancing Mega Evolutions, and then Jigglypuff and Greninja used up all the remaining resources. Just my thoughts.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Lucario and Charizard's Mega evolutions aren't confirmed to be final smashes yet.

If they aren't then that prolly impact Mewtwo in some way. Maybe the programming resources meant for Ivysaur and Squirtle are used toward balancing Mega Evolutions, and then Jigglypuff and Greninja used up all the remaining resources. Just my thoughts.
How on earth are mega evolutions are not final smashes exspecially because sakurai said transforming mechanic is gone (except certain final smashes)

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
For Lucario, Mega Lucario is said to have max aura, so it is possible that Lucario changes after having a certain amount of damage. I don't know about Charizard though.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Can anyone please write down what Sakurai said literally about Mega Evolutions and transformations in Smash Bros direct? I'm deaf btw and thanks...

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Can anyone please write down what Sakurai said literally about Mega Evolutions and transformations in Smash Bros direct? I'm deaf btw and thanks...
"We also have some player expectations we have to fulfill. And that means a Mega Evolution. After a Mega Evolution, Lucario's aura attacks will always do maximum damage."
And that's all that's said about Mega Evolutions.

As for transformations...
"Samus's Final Smash is still the Zero Laser, but it's a little different this time around. Did you catch it? Previously when Samus used this weapon, her Power Suit fell to pieces, but not anymore. It's not just her. All characters who used to change forms mid-match will no longer change. Instead, you will be able to concentrate on a single move set for the whole fight. Hmm? What happened to Zero Suit Samus, you say? Well, unfortunately she will not be participating in this iteration of Super Smash Bros. Nah, I'm only kidding. In the previous title, Zero Suit Samus was designed with slightly less physical strength, so I thought we needed to find ways to toughen her up. That's why we have given her a pair of jet boots and moves to go with them. What used to be a weakness now results in this: Kicks that combine both power and speed..."
I guess I could go on with Zelda as well, but basically the important part about transformations is "All characters who used to change forms mid-match will no longer change."

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
I cannot thank you enough, MEWTWOMASTER2002!

Seems that only every characters with transformation those give different movesets are affected and while the Mega Evolution is technically a tranformation, it does not change the move sets into something completely different.

We'll see what'll happen in the future whether is it FS or not.

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Mega evolutions seem to only effect stats and appearece and as we seen with lucario his moves are unchanged so they probably dont count as traditional transformations since they would need completely different movesets.

Sakurai said that "characters who used to change forms mid match no longer change" so this might not apply to them.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
But as far as I could see, Lucario's moveset didn't change at all as Mega Lucario. It just is farrr more powerful. Am excited for these Mega Evolutions to during battle!

Hmm this likely means Mewtwo Y or X will keep the same moveset regular Mewtwo has to...

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok it backfired it seemed the king k rool just cut the line of bpvoting

Atleast king k rool is getting more likely hood

Last edited:

DeanAdamFry

Smash Supporter
NNID
DeanAdamFry
3DS FC
2423-3337-0046

*runs*

EDIT: Just to confirm, I fully support Mewtwos return, he has always been my favourite legendary pokemon and he will always be in my heart due to Pokemon: The First Movie.

Last edited:

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
I will just say this:

Mewtwo won't be a pokeball...(or is sakurai that much of a troll?)I don't see Mewtwo getting demoted it's either playable character or no representation at all(I guess the trophy but no animated rep).

Mewtwo's neutral B should be psystrike so we can take out shadow ball.With MMY as a final smash and with Charizard X being here him and MMY could represent both versions of gen 6.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord

If you want evidence just use Google to see how many people feel like Lucario and Mewtwo feel very similar.
Oh come on, no one is this shortsightedly hypocritical.

I'll accept mewtwo as a boss only if we have a kickass Cerulean Cave stage.
See

"When Mewtwo joins the battle, Mew is in charge of Cerulean Cave.

'Mew mew mew mew!' -Mew"

I can see it now: Cerulean Cave. A subterranean lake with a bit of rocky land in the middle, surrounded by water. Behind an expanse of water, an elevating pathway to a high outcropping lies in the background, where Mewtwo surveys the battle with his arms crossed. Occasionally, he deigns to use his psychic powers to toy with the combatants. Effectively, it's final destination with water and a stage hazard, in a huge cave.

When Mewtwo is in the battle, however, Mew takes his spot, and uses different, less malevolent powers on a whim.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

*runs*

EDIT: Just to confirm, I fully support Mewtwos return, he has always been my favourite legendary pokemon and he will always be in my heart due to Pokemon: The First Movie.
That's pretty much what happen at the ending at the direct he tricked us into think that was mewtwo then turned out to be greninja

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom