• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord

Now, this is not necessarily absolute. The Character Select Screen may change as the game nears completion.

However, here are my top predictions:

Mewtwo
Greninja
Charizard
Blaziken
Hitmonchan
Hitmontop
Scrafty
Scizor
Pangoro
Ditto (Replacing the random slot)

What with the controller's appearance and the card reading gimmick, I think it is safe to say this game will be ported to Wii U, though perhaps only if it does well in arcades. Whether or not that port will make an appearance in English speaking countries, however, is another matter.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026

Now, this is not necessarily absolute. The Character Select Screen may change as the game nears completion.

However, here are my top predictions:

Mewtwo
Greninja
Charizard
Blaziken
Hitmonchan
Hitmontop
Scrafty
Scizor
Pangoro
Ditto (Replacing the random slot)

What with the controller's appearance and the card reading gimmick, I think it is safe to say this game will be ported to Wii U, though perhaps only if it does well in arcades. Whether or not that port will make an appearance in English speaking countries, however, is another matter.
If neither of the Hitmons are in this game it will be very less hype

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Just speaking of Ditto, I think it would be interesting to see him as the game's gimmick character. Basically, Ditto would have somewhat weak attacks, but upon landing enough hits, he would temporarily transform into a powered-up version of his opponent. I think it would be really interesting to play as a character like that, and, if Ditto were like that, he would probably wind up as my Secondary, since Mewtwo is automatically my main.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
It is also not unlikely that the console port will have a few more characters.

I'd bet Amiibos will take the place of the cards in the console port. I also wouldn't rule out some Console-to-arcade-cabinet interaction similar to what F-Zero GX/AX had, though I'm not sure what it would do outside of carrying over customization data. Perhaps connecting a card/Amiibo would unlock alternate palettes on the console version.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
So, if no one noticed Mewtwo is officially God-Tier in Project M!

Edit: I forgot to point out that, as far as I could tell, there isn't an official 3.5 tier list yet and he did receive some nerfs in that version so, yeah.
That's for 3.02 though. He got nerfed in 3.5, though he's still pretty good from my experience. I'm not that good at Project M, so I can't judge that too well.

D

Deleted member

This is old news, but apparently some smashers have been talking about a potential game or "something" that would be revealed at Apex. While everyone is saying that it's Splatoon, i still hope that it's Mewtwo.

@ Jaguar360 Jaguar360 This is probably a more suiting Mewtwo icon for your signature:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Ridley is always the exception. To everything.

Nobody knows how or why. It's just a universal law of nature.
Damn straight.

--------------------

Just want to say in Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf pretty much summons Zant and Ghirahim who he honestly could care less about and says "Serve me or die". And they do. Because it's Ganondorf.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
This is old news, but apparently some smashers have been talking about a potential game or "something" that would be revealed at Apex. While everyone is saying that it's Splatoon, i still hope that it's Mewtwo.

@ Jaguar360 Jaguar360 This is probably a more suiting Mewtwo icon for your signature:
Thanks Mario Smith! Now my signature is fabulous with Sm4sh Mewtwo and my Lucario Pokken gif.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Now, in terms of Mewtwo/Pokemon. I can't say I'm terribly thrilled with the lineup of Pokken so far. Besides Machamp and Blaziken, I'm not really feeling any of the other ones. Gardevoir in particular bothers me, as this was a perfectly good chance to give Gallade some much needed spotlight.
1. We have Lucario and Pikachu, who aren't surprising as they are mascots of Pokemon
2. Machamp and Blaziken who just make sense, due to the fighting type.
3. Suicune who's not only surprising and properly representing gen 2, but opens the floodgates for other legendaries to join in *cough*Mewtwo*cough*Deoxys*cough*Darkrai*cough*
4. Gardevoir, who's the original and imo better than Gallade. I'm biased though, as Gardevoir is my #2 favorite Pokemon...#1 obviously being Mewtwo.
My thoughts on playable Pokken fighters are:
1. Mewtwo, Charizard, Jigglypuff, and Greninja are already in Smash, so they obviously make sense for another fighting game, therefore putting them in here would be epic and just feel like a given.
2. I feel Deoxys would be interesting, especially if you could change forms mid battle...pretty much what I theorized way back before Rosalina was announced for Smash, saying he'd fit in perfectly with that, but I digress.
3. Darkrai and Cresselia would be just straight up epic, especially Darkrai.
4. Zoroark could be interesting, especially if you could shape shift.
5. Magikarp would be a huge troll move and quite amusing...until it evolves into Gyrados and destroys everything and everyone...or it'll just use splash. :3
I could say more, but I think these 5 thoughts will do.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'd love to see Galvantula. He's my second favourite Pokémon, after Snover, and I'd kill for the chance to play a gigantic electric web-spitting fluffy spider~

Definitely a left field choice, but hey, I can dream. :3

godogod

Smash Ace
I hope Mewtwo remains floaty like he was in Melee, but I also want his attacks to hit harder consequently. I feel like Mewtwo, moveset-wise, was perfect as he is, but his actual attacks lacked 'oomph'. Smash 4 can change that.
I also want him to stay slow and floaty because now Lucario has been changed to be faster, meaning they don't overlap in playstyle anymore.
Mewtwo should be changed to have more reach with all of his attacks. His tail should stretch out some more, his Side Special and Down Special are Psychic moves and shouldn't be close range anyway, and his Smash attacks could have a bit of an AOE.
Lucario is slow and (somewhat) floaty though. His attack speed is a little on the slower slide... Equal to charizard or a bit better. His dash speed is the second lowest of all pokemon as well. I'm fine with Mewtwo's power from melee. Not a lot of characters do 25-28% smash attack.. He has plenty of kill options in melee. Smash attacks, shadow ball(25% with good knockback), up and back throw, forward air, and down air.

Could be Pokken Fighters being playable. Makes perfec sense considering its all about fighting games. That or Splatoon. I'm not expecting Mewtwo.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Lucario is slow and (somewhat) floaty though. His attack speed is a little on the slower slide... Equal to charizard or a bit better. His dash speed is the second lowest of all pokemon as well. I'm fine with Mewtwo's power from melee. Not a lot of characters do 25-28% smash attack.. He has plenty of kill options in melee. Smash attacks, shadow ball(25% with good knockback), up and back throw, forward air, and down air.

Could be Pokken Fighters being playable. Makes perfec sense considering its all about fighting games. That or Splatoon. I'm not expecting Mewtwo.
Well it seems like it's only Smash and Pokemon this year...at least from what I've seen, so having a smash trailer for Mewtwo would appeal to everyone there as it's Mewtwo, who is indeed a Pokemon, in Smash. :p

Spatman

Smash Ace
I think and hope in Pokkén there will be at least 30 characters. I hope 50, but it will be ask too much, I guess

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Am I in the corner of "Not so Floaty Mewtwo" ? I mean I understand having him with some float, but if he has too much float without the proper heavy weight to him he is just going to be garbage for the most part.

and we don't want a shape shifting Garbador to take the place of Mewtwo, amIright?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Am I in the corner of "Not so Floaty Mewtwo" ? I mean I understand having him with some float, but if he has too much float without the proper heavy weight to him he is just going to be garbage for the most part.

and we don't want a shape shifting Garbador to take the place of Mewtwo, amIright?
Personally, i don't want Jiggly-two in the game either. I hope that Mewtwo gets a gravity/weight/speed/power/etc buff when the DLC comes out, then the real battle can begin.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Have a video.
Someone gets their dad to name all the Smash fighters.
Language Warning.

I'm off to bed.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
I know some kid at my skool(no typo m8) who looks like a teenager Sakurai, he's from japan, he likes pokemon, and he has almost the same style face as him, his head(bottom region) is like a rectangle, like how Sakurai's is, well, just a big chin connecting to his face.
Should I capture him and sell him?

Last edited:

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
1. We have Lucario and Pikachu, who aren't surprising as they are mascots of Pokemon
2. Machamp and Blaziken who just make sense, due to the fighting type.
3. Suicune who's not only surprising and properly representing gen 2, but opens the floodgates for other legendaries to join in *cough*Mewtwo*cough*Deoxys*cough*Darkrai*cough*
4. Gardevoir, who's the original and imo better than Gallade. I'm biased though, as Gardevoir is my #2 favorite Pokemon...#1 obviously being Mewtwo.
My thoughts on playable Pokken fighters are:
1. Mewtwo, Charizard, Jigglypuff, and Greninja are already in Smash, so they obviously make sense for another fighting game, therefore putting them in here would be epic and just feel like a given.
2. I feel Deoxys would be interesting, especially if you could change forms mid battle...pretty much what I theorized way back before Rosalina was announced for Smash, saying he'd fit in perfectly with that, but I digress.
3. Darkrai and Cresselia would be just straight up epic, especially Darkrai.
4. Zoroark could be interesting, especially if you could shape shift.
5. Magikarp would be a huge troll move and quite amusing...until it evolves into Gyrados and destroys everything and everyone...or it'll just use splash. :3
I could say more, but I think these 5 thoughts will do.
mewtwo should be like akuma in the street fighter series (a buffed version appears as a secret challenger after beating the game under certain conditions, preferably rushing in and finishing whoever the final boss was)

Have a video.
Someone gets their dad to name all the Smash fighters.
Language Warning.

I'm off to bed.
imma smack the guy who said the names
EXO MAN?!?!? REALLY??!?!?! ****ING EXO MAN?!?!?!

Last edited:

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
]
...did....did he just say "Mewtwo" ...for Lucario...?!?!?!?!
...no.
I'm just going to pretend I didn't watch that video.
Who's Mewtwo? Is that a Sonic character?
But yea, guys lets hope theres a chance DLC happens for SSB4, I still cant believe there wasn't any special announcement and that the 50 new things in SSB4 Wii U extravganza there was only 53 and only music at the end, what a shame, I guess theres still chance for atleast one DLC character.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Ugh, some ******bag D/C on me, while playing in the Online Competition. What a sore loser.

He had four pokemon for some reason. He sent Metagross first, I used Magnezone.

Metagross mega evolves, uses Hammer Arm. It misses.
Magnezone uses Magnet Rise.
Metagross uses Hammer Arm. Leaves Magnezone in red.
Magnezone uses Thunderbolt. Metagross is paralyzed.
Metagross uses Bullet Punch. Magnezone still leaves.
Thunderbolt. Metagross faints.

Next it's Latios who knocks out my Magnezone who was on critical health.
I sent out Sharpedo in order to attempt a sweep.
Sharpedo uses Protect. Latios attacks but fails of course and Speed Boost kicks in.
Next turn I was going to mega evolve and use Crunch but the dude disconnected instead of running :/

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Ugh, some ******bag D/C on me, while playing in the Online Competition. What a sore loser.

He had four pokemon for some reason. He sent Metagross first, I used Magnezone.

Metagross mega evolves, uses Hammer Arm. It misses.
Magnezone uses Magnet Rise.
Metagross uses Hammer Arm. Leaves Magnezone in red.
Magnezone uses Thunderbolt. Metagross is paralyzed.
Metagross uses Bullet Punch. Magnezone still leaves.
Thunderbolt. Metagross faints.

Next it's Latios who knocks out my Magnezone who was on critical health.
I sent out Sharpedo in order to attempt a sweep.
Sharpedo uses Protect. Latios attacks but fails of course and Speed Boost kicks in.
Next turn I was going to mega evolve and use Crunch but the dude disconnected instead of running :/
Just take it as him knowing he was going to lose. Or maybe he had four pokemon on accident....somehow?

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
It just hit me that I'll be knee-deep in the college semester when Mewtwo comes out. I won't have any time to play him >_<

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Hi, @ U-Throw U-Throw , I see you here.

Bedtime now. Bye, @ U-Throw U-Throw .
I'm watching this thread, Spirst. Always watching. Always. Besides, its 7 o'clock where I'm from, and I've been up for an hour. You expect me not to visit my favorite place in the world?

On the subject of Mewtwo's physics, I don't think Mewtwo should fall any faster than he did in Melee. That was part of his excellent recovery, which is arguably the best in the game, and it made it a lot easier to combo. That, along with Mewtwo's excellent airspeed and throws, was his saving grace, in my opinion. Yes, it makes him a lot easier to combo, but I think that if we increase his weight enough, he could retain what little he had in Melee and still be viable.

Spatman

Smash Ace
last night I dreamed that Mewtwo was the 59 extravaganza facts, and that later Sakurai decided to not develop him anymore, and that the "59" extravaganza facts became officially 50 and so no more Mewtwo and no more other promised stuff XD

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
last night I dreamed that Mewtwo was the 59 extravaganza facts, and that later Sakurai decided to not develop him anymore, and that the "59" extravaganza facts became officially 50 and so no more Mewtwo and no more other promised stuff XD
That doesn't sound like a dream. That sounds like the worst possible nightmare anybody could ever have. I'd probably wake up in a cold sweat and have a heart attack.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Just take it as him knowing he was going to lose. Or maybe he had four pokemon on accident....somehow?
Perhaps he only brought four pokemon because he had no more available. The format is Singles, 3 vs 3. And I just noticed a while ago that despite the D/C, the system awarded me a win, thankfully.
And yes, he was probably going to lose which is why he got salty. His pokemon were Latios, Metagross, Salamence and Blaziken; I took out Mega Gross with Magnezone and then it fell to his Latios, after that I sent Sharpedo. He D/C after I used Protect + Speed Boost. Mega Sharpedo would have KO'd Latios with Crunch, the third pokemon would have been either Blaziken or Salamence. Salamence can get OHKO'd with Ice Fang despite having Intimidate and as for Blaziken, I had one Speed Boost ahead of it so even if it used Protect, I would have been faster and KO'd him with Waterfall.
The only hope in that scenario was having Ice Fang missing against Salamence or Blaziken getting lucky and being able to use protect twice in a row and get an additional speed boost. In the latter case though, I had Gyarados so it would still have been a tough spot.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
On the not-subject of Pokken Tournament...

When are we gonna get a followup on this?
Blaziken.
This stage.
When? :4luigi:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom